HomeColbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM Empty
PostSubject: Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM   Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 2:47 am

Last month, we wrote about Rotoworld ranking Kevin Colbert in the top three of all GMs. While NJ.com didn’t put Colbert on their podium, he does still sit in the top five. The website ranked all 32 general managers in the game, settling on 5th place for the man running the Pittsburgh Steelers.

In their overview of him, author Darryl Slater wrote:

“He has an excellent track record with the Steelers since 2000, but we aren’t so sure about some of his recent moves, including the departures of Antonio Brown (trade) and Le’Veon Bell (free agency) this offseason. Still, he does have those two Super Bowl titles, and has won despite never spending a ton of money in free agency.”

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/06/colbert-listed-as-nfls-5th-best-gm/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM   Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 2:59 am

Getting rid of Antonio Brown and not overpaying Bell are two of the best moves he's made. Those guys were obviously me-first locker room cancer cases and they were holding the team hostage with their antics and distractions. The whole atmosphere and attitude around the team and the players seems better with them being gone. Sure we lost talent, but talent alone doesn't win championships. Your team needs to have the right attitude, the motivation, and good chemistry and we obviously never had that with Brown and Bell in that locker room over the past couple of seasons.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM   Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 4:41 am

As far as Brown and Bell. You can be the best in the world at what you do talent wise but still be a douchebag. It's the DB factor that makes you destined for greener pastures. After you're gone the rest of the "team" realizes the greener pastures are and have been on this side of the fence. They couldn't see it because Bell and Brown shit all over it.
I agree with you Iowa. Showing them the door is some of Colbert's best work.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM   Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 11:36 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Getting rid of Antonio Brown and not overpaying Bell are two of the best moves he's made. Those guys were obviously me-first locker room cancer cases and they were holding the team hostage with their antics and distractions. The whole atmosphere and attitude around the team and the players seems better with them being gone. Sure we lost talent, but talent alone doesn't win championships. Your team needs to have the right attitude, the motivation, and good chemistry and we obviously never had that with Brown and Bell in that locker room over the past couple of seasons.

actually, colbert offered to overpay bell twice, he just got lucky that bell was too stupid to sign it.
the ab move was out of desperation because tomlin allowed the situation to get out of hand
colbert has done a good job, but those 2 situations were some of his worst decisions
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM   Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 11:51 am

@muncher wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

actually, colbert offered to overpay bell twice, he just got lucky that bell was too stupid to sign it.
the ab move was out of desperation because tomlin allowed the situation to get out of hand
colbert has done a good job, but those 2 situations were some of his worst decisions

I have to agree with you on this. I was shocked the Steelers offered Bell as much as they did. It was a departure from their usual way of doing things, and I'm glad Bell rejected it. Although I think the offer had more to do with Art's influence than it did with Colbert. I think Colbert was just a bystander in that whole situation. Same goes with the AB situation.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM   Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 2:09 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@muncher wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I have to agree with you on this. I was shocked the Steelers offered Bell as much as they did. It was a departure from their usual way of doing things, and I'm glad Bell rejected it. Although I think the offer had more to do with Art's influence than it did with Colbert. I think Colbert was just a bystander in that whole situation. Same goes with the AB situation.

i just hope that the steelers and their fans learned something from those situations
rbs are a dime a dozen. no need to pay one over 5 million
there are a ton of good wrs in the league. great qbs make good wrs great...........no need to over pay or kowtow to their childish actions.
no matter how much fanboy love you have for a certain player and regardless of how good they are, there is another player that can come in and do as good/better/close to that favorite player at a fraction of the cost
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM   Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 3:09 am

@muncher wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@muncher wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

i just hope that the steelers and their fans learned something from those situations
rbs are a dime  a dozen. no need to pay one over 5 million
there are a ton of good wrs in the league. great qbs make good wrs great...........no need to  over pay or kowtow to their childish actions.
no matter how much fanboy love you have for a certain player and regardless of how good they are, there is another player that can come in and do as good/better/close to that favorite player at a fraction of the

cost

I agree. The fact that we now refer to "AB" as Brown says it's been over for awhile. I also agree that Colbert/ArtII handled the Bell situation badly but letting him walk was a good move and like you said it's good that Bell turned down all offers from them. Onward and upward I say.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM   Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 4:31 am

@muncher wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Good point, I kind of forgot about the offer the Steelers made that Bell turned down. I mean if Bell wanted to buy into the program, and be a team player and sign the contract then I think I might've been on board with it based on his talent, and production. He showed his true colors though sitting out the entirety of a season, and having his own teammates criticize him publicly. So I'm glad he's a Jet.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM   Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 11:42 am

Jerry Glanville dubbed the phrase N.F.L. (not for long)He was referring to officials but the same can be said for players. Bell and Brown have special talent but I tell you when they start this next phase without Ben throwing the ball or an O-line not as good as ours the truth will come out.The key component they both lack. Unselfishness!

You can be really good at your position to the point of being one of the best ever but if you are not a team first guy YOU WILL NEVER BE GREAT IMO. Look at the HOF. Probably 95% of the inductees were unselfish team players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM   Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM Empty

Back to top Go down

Colbert Listed As NFL’s 5th Best GM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: