HomeSteelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away Empty
PostSubject: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 10:51 am

https://twitter.com/WPXI/status/1160563159058571264?s=19
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 11:14 am

Very sad news. Anyone know what happened?
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 11:20 am

All team activities at Training Camp are cancelled today.

https://twitter.com/chasepwilliams/status/1160569317861318657?s=19

There was a Tweet by someone that said the cause is undetermined. Can't find it now.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 11:30 am

Wow. Sad news.

RIP coach.

Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away Gettyimages-1157914553-e1565534764342

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 12:00 pm

How sad. I'm at a loss for words except my heart goes out to his family.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Terrible news, my thoughts are with his family and friends.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 11:35 am

Sad news. Everything I've read says that he was a stand up guy.

I bet that WR group is going to be extra motivated to play well this year. Between the AB departure, the doubts, and now the passing..... They have plenty to light their fire.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 5:03 am

I believe that I had read that the autopsy came out and didn't show anything out of the ordinary.

Awful, and an unexpected gut punch for his friends and family. He wasn't a spring chicken, but he wasn't that old either.

Sounds like a great man by all accounts I've read. Steeler Nation lost a good one.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 7:24 am

More about Drake's passing, and the Steelers return to practice at the link. Of note:

At yesterday's practice, Ray Sherman (former OC for the Steelers) and offensive assistant Blaine Stewart were coaching the WRs.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Pittsburgh-Steelers-marching-on-with-heavy-hearts-134427798/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 6:11 am

Ben and Juju on a bench sitting in the rain. The human part of football.

Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away 20190810

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 6:30 am

SteelersYak wrote:
Ben and Juju on a bench sitting in the rain. The human part of football.

Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away 20190810

I'd imagine this season will be dedicated to the memory of Coach Drake. I'm not surprised to see the 2 of them obviously morning. Especially Ju Ju because so far he has demonstrated that in addition to being a future franchise WR he is also a compassionate leader in the making.

You are right YAK. There is a human side that as fans we don't see much of. From everything I've read Coach Drake was as fine a man as he was a coach. He touched a lot of lives.

I think they should think about a special spot in the HOF for cases just like this.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 11:03 am

I got tears in my eyes reading this:

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2019/08/14/photos-steelers-juju-smith-schuster-james-washington-darryl-drake-ryan-switzer-ms/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Years ago I was working at a job site in Dallas and we had a man killed. It happened on a Friday. My boss had informed me that morning that come Monday I would be working to fix the issue that caused the accident. Instead we were meeting with grief counselors and OSHA.

So in a way I can feel their pain except he was more than a work mate. He was a Brother,Father figure and Friend to all of these guys from the Offense to the Defense. Seeing those pictures tells a lot of the story.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 1:35 am

solardave wrote:
Years ago I was working  at a job site in Dallas and we had a man killed. It happened on a Friday. My boss had informed me that morning that come Monday I would be working to fix the issue that caused the accident. Instead we were meeting with grief counselors and OSHA.

So in a way I can feel their pain except he was more than a work mate. He was a Brother,Father figure and Friend to all of these guys from the Offense to the Defense. Seeing those  pictures tells a lot of the story.

We lost an Officer at my work about 5-6 years ago roughly. I wasn't very close with him or anything, but we used to talk sports. He was a Chiefs fan so we were always talking football. Very kind-hearted, soft-spoken guy. Way too young as well, had a wife and kids. We both started at the Sheriff's Office around the same time, so we actually went to "Jail School" together. So I gave his wife a nice card, with a picture of our graduating class in it.

Sucks to lose people you care about.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away   Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers WR Coach Darryl Drake Passes Away
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: