HomeSteelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game Empty
PostSubject: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 10:17 pm

I was only able to watch the game via NFL.com on their little digital layout. So no videos, just the animations.

My selections will be very basic:

Goats: O-line for not blocking, Dobbs for not moving the offense

Gameballs: Defense for standing tall the entire game

Player of the Game: N/A (not seeing the game makes it difficult)

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 6:29 am

I couldn't watch it either. Rudolph seems to have secured the #2 job.

I really don't know enough to say who gets what. It sounds like our backup O-lineman need to attend a Munchak fall camp. Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game 1797695198

Turnovers. I don't know how many sacks we had but a strip for 6 and a rare elusive INT. Woohoo.

Here is my 1 GOAT. Benny Snell can't get out of his own way. Was this the O-line's fault? You tell me. Good runners make people miss regardless of a suspect line. 1.5 YPC is not even close to acceptable.
McMillian averages 2 YPC and Edmunds -3.3. Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game 2913999526 So who is our #3 RB.
Can Bobby Boucher play RB and LB?
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 7:47 am

I watched from just before halftime on. Extremely sloppy game by all.

Gameballs: Rudolph, that reciever that caught the beautifully thrown ball just before halftime, and the defense.

Goats: Snell, O line, and the tryout kicker.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 9:54 am

Meaningless game, but Rudolph, Holton and Gilbert III (blocked FG) all played good. Our OL was trash, so that makes our RB's, Dobbs and Hodges difficult to grade as they were massively hurt by our poor OL-play. Curious how our roster will look like.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 10:13 am

@solardave wrote:
Here is my 1 GOAT. Benny Snell can't get out of his own way.

Snell has been a disappointment, but I wouldn't label him a Goat in this game. The scrub O-line was horrendous. Snell was getting hit in the backfield and Hodges was getting sacked before he could look downfield or was scrambling for his life. The line didn't do either of them in favors.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 10:37 am

Regardless of this game we have a problem at RB if Conner or Samuels get injured. Snell got 54 yards on 28 carries and Edmunds 29 yards on 19 carries. That's not even 2 yards per carry playing mainly against scrubs.

And we even have a bigger problem at TE. All our TE's combined during the 4 preseason games: 10 catches, 81 yards, 1 TD, 2 fumbles and 4 drops. As I already said before the preseason breaking down our roster, we have by far the worst group in the league. Grimble and Gentry wouldn't make the roster on any of the other 31 teams, so it would surprise me if they wouldn't trade for or pick up another TE from the waivers after the cuts and let Grimble walk. Keep Gentry as #3 and give him a year to develop.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 12:34 pm

Game balls: the Steelers. We made it through the preseason games without significant injury or drama.

Let's go!!

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 2:12 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
Here is my 1 GOAT. Benny Snell can't get out of his own way.

Snell has been a disappointment, but I wouldn't label him a Goat in this game. The scrub O-line was horrendous. Snell was getting hit in the backfield and Hodges was getting sacked before he could look downfield or was scrambling for his life. The line didn't do either of them in favors.

OK Wally no goat. It did sound like the O-line started their NAP about a minute before the game started. I just thought against subs Snell would be able to make a little chicken salad. Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game 3798349058
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 5:05 pm

Tuzar Skipper showed up in a big way yet again. This guy has almost as many sacks in just this preseason as Jarvis Jones had in his entire career. If Skipper doesn't make this roster it would be criminal. He even had two tackles on special teams.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 5:27 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Tuzar Skipper showed up in a big way yet again. This guy has almost as many sacks in just this preseason as Jarvis Jones had in his entire career. If Skipper doesn't make this roster it would be criminal. He even had two tackles on special teams.

Absolutaly agree! Even the Panthers' commentators immediataly knew his name. If they cut him, he won't make it through the waivers. Multiple teams will try to pick him up and I think they know. My best guess is that Ola will be put on IR or that Matakevich or Chickillo will be cut. Matakevich is a great ST player, but Ulyssees proved in a big way that he can fulfill that role too. Another option is that they will only keep 2 TE's and that Grimble will be cut even before they add a third TE. That buys them some time. I can't see how Skipper won't make the roster anyway.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 6:24 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Absolutaly agree! Even the Panthers' commentators immediataly knew his name. If they cut him, he won't make it through the waivers. Multiple teams will try to pick him up and I think they know. My best guess is that Ola will be put on IR or that Matakevich or Chickillo will be cut. Matakevich is a great ST player, but Ulyssees proved in a big way that he can fulfill that role too. Another option is that they will only keep 2 TE's and that Grimble will be cut even before they add a third TE. That buys them some time. I can't see how Skipper won't make the roster anyway.

I would rather see Matakevich go to make room. Gotta keep both Skipper and Gibson III. I guess we'll know tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 8:02 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I would rather see Matakevich go to make room. Gotta keep both Skipper and Gibson III. I guess we'll know tomorrow evening.

One of the Steelers writers made a argument against Tuzar Skipper [or as I think of him as: Tupac Shakur] is that a lot of this stats were accumulated against 3rd string / practice squad players. One observation was: Skipper didn't see any ST work, which having is a sign that you will make the squad.

I'll see if I can find the Tweet to the article.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 5:36 am

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

If Chickillo is cut, there's room for Matakevich, Skipper and Gilbert III. Gilbert III is a lock anyway, I can't see how he won't make the team. After Bush he's the most ready rookie to step in and make an immediate contribution.

The reason Chickillo is still on the team is because the Patriots* offered him a 2 year $8M deal and the Steelers matched it.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 7:52 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

If Chickillo is cut, there's room for Matakevich, Skipper and Gilbert III. Gilbert III is a lock anyway, I can't see how he won't make the team. After Bush he's the most ready rookie to step in and make an immediate contribution.

The reason Chickillo is still on the team is because the Patriots** offered him a 2 year $8M deal and the Steelers matched it.

Good point. I didn't think about Chickillo. The logical choice to me is to keep both Skipper and Gilbert III because they both are upgrades. I think Gilbert III is as fast as Bush and has a great motor just like Bush. To me the consolation for not getting Mack Wilson is getting Gilbert.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 10:38 am

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

The reason Chickillo is still on the team is because the Patriots*** offered him a 2 year $8M deal and the Steelers matched it.

Good point. I didn't think about Chickillo. The logical choice to me is to keep both Skipper and Gilbert III because they both are upgrades. I think Gilbert III is as fast as Bush and has a great motor just like Bush. To me the consolation for not getting Mack Wilson is getting Gilbert.

Gilbert is really good. I was already high on him predraft and had him in my mock. I was surprised to see that everyone graded him so low, because he should've been a 4th round pick imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game   Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Panthers PS3 - Goats, Gameballs, and Player of the Game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: