HomeLimas Moncrief - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Limas Moncrief

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Limas Moncrief - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limas Moncrief   Limas Moncrief - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 3:30 pm

Another Tweet about the situation. Johnson told WPXI he was told he is the starter from here out.

https://twitter.com/chasepwilliams/status/1175128067095875584?s=19
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Limas Moncrief   Limas Moncrief - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 3:39 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Another Tweet about the situation. Johnson told WPXI he was told he is the starter from here out.

this is a classic example of what i always rant about. Tomlin valuing tenure over talent.  Wahington was the star of the preseason , while moncrief failed to catch passes that hit his hands , showed zero effort in making the catch. the ONLY reason tomlin started him was as i pointed out , he has been in the league longer , and the other is they dont wanna look like fools the way they rushed to sign moncrief. they put waaay to much stock in guys just because they have been on a roster longer. even if it is clear they have a low ceiling. moncrief has had years to have that breakout. why does tomlin think it is going to happen just because he put on a steeler jersey. it sure didnt elevate former first rd pick heyward bey.
i guess since moncrief has already exposed tomlin for being a foolish pick up, he has nothing to loose now.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Limas Moncrief   Limas Moncrief - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 2:08 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

this is a classic example of what i always rant about. Tomlin valuing tenure over talent.  Wahington was the star of the preseason , while moncrief failed to catch passes that hit his hands , showed zero effort in making the catch. the ONLY reason tomlin started him was as i pointed out , he has been in the league longer , and the other is they dont wanna look like fools the way they rushed to sign moncrief. they put waaay to much stock in guys just because they have been on a roster longer. even if it is clear they have a low ceiling. moncrief has had years to have that breakout. why does tomlin think it is going to happen just because he put on a steeler jersey. it sure didnt elevate former first rd pick heyward bey.
i guess since moncrief has already exposed tomlin for being a foolish pick up, he has nothing to loose now.

As an Iowa Hawkeyes fan I know the frustration of watching veteran guys getting playing time just because they're veteran guys. The best players should always be the ones that are one the field. Tenure is awesome, but if another player is actually better they should be the one playing.

I don't understand why it took them so long to figure out Moncrief just can't get it done. I don't want to completely give up on Moncrief, but the injury he got during the preseason isn't an easy one to deal with as a WR. We saw it before with Sammie Coates, and apparently the coaches didn't learn their lesson from before when they let Coates play with the same injury.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Limas Moncrief   Limas Moncrief - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 12:30 pm

On a bright note Limas Moncrief had zero passes dropped yesterday! Of course he had zero thrown his way but I am trying real hard to put some kind of lipstick on that pig!Limas Moncrief - Page 2 2981382511

Last edited by SteelerFreak58 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Limas Moncrief   Limas Moncrief - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 1:03 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

As an Iowa Hawkeyes fan I know the frustration of watching veteran guys getting playing time just because they're veteran guys. The best players should always be the ones that are one the field. Tenure is awesome, but if another player is actually better they should be the one playing.

I don't understand why it took them so long to figure out Moncrief just can't get it done. I don't want to completely give up on Moncrief, but the injury he got during the preseason isn't an easy one to deal with as a WR. We saw it before with Sammie Coates, and apparently the coaches didn't learn their lesson from before when they let Coates play with the same injury.
thats just it. Tomlin NEVER learns lessons from past experiences. how many times has a person here complained about the 15 yard cushions DB give at the line of scrimmage allowing teams easy first downs ? how many times did Tomlin play the same old schemes against the Patriots* for the same old Ass kicking ? how many years does he need to evaluate a player that has shown to be below starter quality and has zero growth as a player ? how many times does he need to throw a bubble screen for 1 yard ? his list of REPEATED fails could fill a book. Limas Moncrief - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limas Moncrief   Limas Moncrief - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Limas Moncrief
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: