HomeSteelers at 49ers - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers at 49ers

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Geordie

Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 6:45 pm

Are our receivers not getting free or is Rudolph not seeing them ?

I'm guessing we arent getting free
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 6:55 pm

Let it fly!

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 6:56 pm

Well they are picking on the weak link in the 49ers secondary now , as they should.

Nice boost in confidence for Rudolph. Now the defense needs to step up. A turnover here would be nice.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 7:17 pm

Someone has to lose their job. It should never have come to this.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 7:24 pm

wow this team is....bad

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Waited too fucking long to find an offense and make adjustments.

This team is soft, and undisciplined.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Well that game was quite a shit show the Steelers put on today. Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 3201610882

Shalieve5090

Fucking disgrace of a team. Someone or multiple people need to be fired. You force 5 turnovers you should win the game no excuses. But the Rooneys are too fucking stupid and wont make a change
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 7:28 pm

Steelers got out coached today.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 7:31 pm

I'm so sick of this mediocre offense and James Conner who we pinned all of our hopes on but after losing Munchak and accepting embarrassing head coaching decision after decision, this will finally be the death of a staff that's been dead for years. So I suppose that's our silver lining.

#draintheswampass

Goodbye: Tomlin, Butler, Fitchner, Saurett...Colbert

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 7:33 pm

Our o line was a disgrace today. Defense went to sleep in the second half.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 7:35 pm

Deer in the headlights.

Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 Cu8AHB7WAAEjPQ1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Tomlin: Wins a TON of press conferences, doesn't win SHIT in 2019.

jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 9:15 pm

Welp. 0-3. Statistically, the season is pretty much over. 0-3 is a monumental hole to dig out of.

There are just so many problems with this team. To be blunt, this team just sucks. Let's start with the QB.

QB
Mason has got to be a lot better than this. 14/27, 174 yards, two TDs and an INT isn't going to win you any games. I was listening on the radio, but I heard that Mason just looked lost and overwhelmed. If this is the best Mason can do, we are seriously screwed.

RB
Conner sits next week. 13 for 43 yards and a fumble at the absolute worst time again (which is turning into a real bad habit). I don't know who you give the hat to? Snell? Maybe Samuels?

OL
Regressing rapidly without Munchak. Heard that Big Al was a turnstile today. The O-line isn't opening any holes to run through.

WR
Looks like a bunch of #2 and 3 WRs. Someone needs to step up and claim a true #1 spot. Other than the long TD run JuJu had, the WR core looks pathetic. And one big play does not absolve JuJu. He just cannot get open. Washington disappeared again.

TE
Vance injured. Again. No one of value behind him.

Offensive Coaching
Too much running out of the shotgun. Newsflash: Bell isn't here anymore. Few RBs are made to run out of the shotgun. Fitchner just looks outcoached every week. It is almost if the entire playbook needs to be tossed out. I kept hearing during the radio broadcast for the Steelers to call some short, high % plays for Mason to get into a groove. Didn't sound like it happened.  

Defense coming up in a bit, or maybe tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 11:12 pm

Was at the game. The D played well and th Offense was again basically 3 and out most of the first half about midway through the 3rd the D was gassed.

Our O-Line is a major problem. Rudolph had little to no time to throw the ball. They were not opening holes either.

The 9ers stacked the box and Fitchner still tried running it between the tackles. Now tjat may have been because they werent allowing Rudolph to audible out but they should let him if he sees opportunities.

Seemed like they started to allow Rudolph to throw it more in the second half and there were some good success but not enough.

Saw McDonald go down and Grimble come in and new we were in trouble.

Again the slow start on offense the 1st half of the game kept putting our D out there and by the 4th quarter they were toast.

Butler and Tomlin have got to do something about the middle of the field they continue to be carved up with 8 to 10 uard passes over our middle of the field. No adjustments not masking coverages just vanilla D in the second half...
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 11:20 pm

Reality check...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854844-the-pittsburgh-steelers-are-in-big-trouble
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 11:24 pm

@SteelersYak wrote:
Hope everyone that said they wanted Rudolph to start over BR7 is eating their crow.

I'm pulling for Rudolph but I don't agree with how everyone said he was the now.

I think it stopped being about "now" after the Patriots* game. The reality is that this isn't a Super Bowl team, with or without Ben. The offense was struggling even when Ben was there. It's time to start building for the future, and it's better to find out now if Rudolph is the right guy. If he is, then we part ways with Ben and start building around Rudolph. If he's not, then we know what our top priority is.

I don't think anyone expected Rudolph to come out looking like Joe Montana in his prime. If anything, he looked like Ben ...

Rudolph's first game as a starter ...
14 for 27
174 yards
2 TDs
1 INT
81.4 rating
20 points scored

Ben's first game as a starter ...
12 for 22
163 yards
1 TD
1 INT
74.6 rating
13 points scored

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 11:28 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Our O-Line is a major problem. Rudolph had little to no time to throw the ball. They were not opening holes either.

I said the same thing numerous times during the game. It's hard to tell on TV, but based on some of the replays, it also looked like the receivers had a hard time getting open.

There's no question that Rudolph wasn't sharp, but the guys around him didn't seem to be giving him much help.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 6:04 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I said the same thing numerous times during the game. It's hard to tell on TV, but based on some of the replays, it also looked like the receivers had a hard time getting open.That's what I saw too.

There's no question that Rudolph wasn't sharp,because he was under pressure all game long because the guys around him didn't seem to be giving him much help.

Why in the hell  we didn't go "max protect" is beyond me. It was painfully obvious the line is a sieve. Maybe now at 0-3 they pull the stops and let it rip.
On the bright side Boz made every kick. The defense gave the offense the ball 4 times in the first half and their reward was 6 points?
The fact is the 49ers made adjustments at halftime and Tomlin reminded his guys that the standard is to play like turds.Standard my ass. Unless the standard is to take above average talent and under perform week in and week out. I can tell I'm getting desensitized because I wasn't all that pissed that we lost. It's like I've come to expect it under Tomlin. They had a backup CB on the left side who got hurt and was replaced with a #3 and we wait until the 3rd quarter to attack him?
All the talk before the season that Sarett was from the same cloth as Munch was BS. I'm sure he's a good man but as a coach he sucks. I don't know what else to say except this will be a long season that ends abruptly after 16 games. If we go 8-8 it'll be because some teams play DOWN TO US. Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 2744185472
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 3:08 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@SteelersYak wrote:
Hope everyone that said they wanted Rudolph to start over BR7 is eating their crow.

I'm pulling for Rudolph but I don't agree with how everyone said he was the now.

I think it stopped being about "now" after the Patriots** game. The reality is that this isn't a Super Bowl team, with or without Ben. The offense was struggling even when Ben was there. It's time to start building for the future, and it's better to find out now if Rudolph is the right guy. If he is, then we part ways with Ben and start building around Rudolph. If he's not, then we know what our top priority is.

I don't think anyone expected Rudolph to come out looking like Joe Montana in his prime. If anything, he looked like Ben ...

Rudolph's first game as a starter ...
14 for 27
174 yards
2 TDs
1 INT
81.4 rating
20 points scored

Ben's first game as a starter ...
12 for 22
163 yards
1 TD
1 INT
74.6 rating
13 points scored

and the Steelers had a better OC at that time.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 3:44 am

@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I said the same thing numerous times during the game. It's hard to tell on TV, but based on some of the replays, it also looked like the receivers had a hard time getting open.That's what I saw too.

There's no question that Rudolph wasn't sharp,because he was under pressure all game long because the guys around him didn't seem to be giving him much help.

Why in the hell  we didn't go "max protect" is beyond me. It was painfully obvious the line is a sieve. Maybe now at 0-3 they pull the stops and let it rip.
On the bright side Boz made every kick. The defense gave the offense the ball 4 times in the first half and their reward was 6 points?
The fact is the 49ers made adjustments at halftime and Tomlin reminded his guys that the standard is to play like turds.Standard my ass. Unless the standard is to take above average talent and under perform week in and week out. I can tell I'm getting desensitized because I wasn't all that pissed that we lost. It's like I've come to expect it under Tomlin.  They had a backup CB on the left side who got hurt and was replaced with a #3 and we wait until the 3rd quarter to attack him?
All the talk before the season that Sarett was from the same cloth as Munch was BS. I'm sure he's a good man but as a coach he sucks. I don't know what else to say except this will be a long season that ends abruptly after 16 games. If we go 8-8 it'll be because some teams play DOWN TO US. Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 2744185472

i voiced my concern here a few months ago about Munch leaving and a possible decline in the Oline play. everybody said nothing to worry about, the players are already trained by munch. plus the guy taking his job is versed in his coaching technique.... Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 1401235891  well........... Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 1261304314

Butler was also lebeau's understudy, and was supposed to bring fresh new idea's to lebeau's schemes. i myself never blamed lebeau for the decline in defensive play. everybody was saying his D was figured out...i called BS and said the problem was the players he had to work with. the old players were just old and the new guys like , either were bad picks or didnt fit the defense. guys like ziggy hood
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 8:37 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

The fact is the 49ers made adjustments at halftime and Tomlin reminded his guys that the standard is to play like turds.Standard my ass. Unless the standard is to take above average talent and under perform week in and week out. I can tell I'm getting desensitized because I wasn't all that pissed that we lost. It's like I've come to expect it under Tomlin.  They had a backup CB on the left side who got hurt and was replaced with a #3 and we wait until the 3rd quarter to attack him?

i voiced my concern here a few months ago about Munch leaving and a possible decline in the Oline play. everybody said nothing to worry about, the players are already trained by munch.Schooled by Munch but what they didn't tell us he missed a lot of classes. plus the guy taking his job is versed in his coaching technique.... Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 1401235891  well........... Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 1261304314

Butler was also lebeau's understudy, and was supposed to bring fresh new idea'sand what we come to realize is that Butler HAS NO IDEAS to lebeau's schemes. i myself never blamed lebeau for the decline in defensive play. everybody was saying his D was figured out...i called BS and said the problem was the players he had to work with. the old players were just old and the new guys like , either were bad picks or didnt fit the defense. guys like ziggy hood

You're right. I guess it's our (the ones of us who fell for it) fault for believing Tomlin Colbert and Art II knowing that they were lying. You can tell because their lips moved. Also adding talent to plug in is great (Fitz) but you need someone to manage that talent. Not someone doing the same things over and over expecting different results.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 9:57 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

i voiced my concern here a few months ago about Munch leaving and a possible decline in the Oline play. everybody said nothing to worry about, the players are already trained by munch.Schooled by Munch but what they didn't tell us he missed a lot of classes. plus the guy taking his job is versed in his coaching technique.... Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 1401235891  well........... Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 1261304314

Butler was also lebeau's understudy, and was supposed to bring fresh new idea'sand what we come to realize is that Butler HAS NO IDEAS to lebeau's schemes. i myself never blamed lebeau for the decline in defensive play. everybody was saying his D was figured out...i called BS and said the problem was the players he had to work with. the old players were just old and the new guys like , either were bad picks or didnt fit the defense. guys like ziggy hood

You're right. I guess it's our (the ones of us who fell for it) fault for believing Tomlin Colbert and Art II knowing that they were lying. You can tell because their lips moved. Also adding talent to plug in is great (Fitz) but you need someone to manage that talent. Not someone doing the same things over and over expecting different results.

one of the big problems and im sure you heard it before, was a but load of other tams all switching to the 3-4 which emptied out the pond the steelers always fished in. particular the outside linebackers. then the departure of aging talent, big snack, keisel, aaron smith, troy, etc , and replacing those guys with bums like ziggy hood, and the results are a bunch of guys Lebeau couldnt find a use for in his scheme.

personally i think there is a lack of imagination amongst the coaching staff. i could be way off here, but if im the coach i would have kicked the tires on moving Dupree to inside LB . he has reasonable speed , tall, athletic and aint afraid to lay the wood. if timmons could be converted, why not dupree ? Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at 49ers   Steelers at 49ers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers at 49ers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: