HomeRudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Rudolph the bright armed QB

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

Rudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudolph the bright armed QB   Rudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 7:11 am

Funny how the Reddit game thread was like "well, guess Rudolph isn't the QB of the future"

How can you say that already? Are these people not watching the same game I am? The entire offense looked drunk and poor Rudy had like no time to throw. We haven't seen enough not to give the guy a chance.

I will say Dionte is looking real good over Moncrief. Dude made a beautiful catch in the endzone. That pass was also spot on. I think D will make a great WR yet if he keeps it up.

There are positives but like I've been telling everyone else, it's mostly coaching IMO as to why this team is 0-3. Don't think you can blame Rudolph when the team doesn't look all that different with him than it did with Ben.

That said, prior to the Conner fumble, I thought "wow, they might actually be looking at their first win". Now I'm think Jaylen deserves more of a chance with the football. They could have tried the deep ball again with #2 as well, and drove the score up, making it harder for the Niners.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Rudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph the bright armed QB   Rudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 7:24 am

@SteelCity4Life wrote:
Funny how the Reddit game thread was like "well, guess Rudolph isn't the QB of the future"

How can you say that already? Are these people not watching the same game I am? The entire offense looked drunk and poor Rudy had like no time to throw. We haven't seen enough not to give the guy a chance.

I will say Dionte is looking real good over Moncrief. Dude made a beautiful catch in the endzone. That pass was also spot on. I think D will make a great WR yet if he keeps it up.

There are positives but like I've been telling everyone else, it's mostly coaching IMO as to why this team is 0-3. Don't think you can blame Rudolph when the team doesn't look all that different with him than it did with Ben.

That said, prior to the Conner fumble, I thought "wow, they might actually be looking at their first win". Now I'm think Jaylen deserves more of a chance with the football. They could have tried the deep ball again with #2 as well, and drove the score up, making it harder for the Niners.

I agree. Give Mason time to throw the ball. I also think Samuels should get some chances. I don't remember seeing him in the game. At All and Snell at least moved the pile. The bad part about the O-line playing so poorly is there is no one behind them to steal their spot. They're as good as it gets or should I say as bad as it gets. I'm beginning to think Tomlin calls both defense and offense and these guys are just scapegoats.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph the bright armed QB   Rudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 12:05 pm

There are few articles out already that are saying Rudolph doesn't look like the answer to replace BB... wtf? He has played 6 quarters how can you make that call? He almost pulled off a win in SF against a top 10 defense. Was he stellar? nope... does he need to elevate his play? Yup Does his O-Line have to pass protect way better? Hell yes...can Fitchner game plan better? Lol yup... Can we get some kind of running game going to help the kid? You think?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph the bright armed QB   Rudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 1:07 pm

@SteelCity4Life wrote:

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
There are few articles out already that are saying Rudolph doesn't  look like the answer to replace BB... wtf?

I keep seeing a lot of fans on social media complaining about Rudolph as if the offense was on fire when Ben went down ... as if Rudolph was the reason the offense was having trouble moving the ball and scoring. Uh, the offense with Ben put up only 3 points against the Patriots* and only 10 in the first half against the Seahawks.

Maybe the issue is with the entire offense. Were people expecting Rudolph to come in and score 40 with conservative play calling, an O-line that couldn't give him time or help establish the running game, and receivers that weren't getting open? The offense looked like crap with Ben. It wasn't suddenly going to look great with Rudolph.

With all that said, Rudolph wasn't sharp. He looked really good in preseason and against the Seahawks. But I guess none of that matters because he was a little off against the 49ers.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph the bright armed QB   Rudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 1:08 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
There are few articles out already that are saying Rudolph doesn't  look like the answer to replace BB... wtf? He has played 6 quarters how can you make that call? He almost pulled off a win in SF against a top 10 defense. Was he stellar?  nope... does he need to elevate his play? Yup Does his O-Line have to pass protect  way better? Hell yes...can Fitchner game plan better? Lol yup... Can we get some kind of running game going to help the kid? You think?
not to mention we have seen a veteran Ben play just as bad in some games. im not ready to put the blame on him alone when the whole team looks like garbage. the old saying in football is, it starts up front, meaning the team is only as good as the Oline. then entire team is in a funk so who should be blamed ? COACHES.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph the bright armed QB   Rudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 3:06 pm

the offense has the RBs and WRs but the oline isn't as good as a lot of people think it is and starting to get a little long in the tooth.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph the bright armed QB   Rudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 1:45 am

From Steelers Depot ...

Going on the road, with Mason Rudolph making his first start, Ramon Foster more or less acknowledged that they were starting things off conservatively, moving forward slowly, during his radio show on The Fan. “With a young guy like him, a first-time starter, anyway, you’ve always gotta see where they are, see if they can make the easy throws, see if they can check to what he needs to, get the run game going, get his feet settled in”, he said.

“I think, honestly, we went into the locker room at halftime and just was like, screw it. Whatever we’ve gotta do, we gotta win’”, he added. And we did see the gameplan change in the second half, specifically in terms of the leash being loosened, and allowing Rudolph to take more shots down the field.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/ramon-foster-we-said-screw-it-at-halftime-and-opened-things-up-on-offense/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph the bright armed QB   Rudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 7:33 am

They shoulda said "screw it" earlier.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph the bright armed QB   Rudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 9:38 am

Randy Fitchner playing scared to win football... 3 games in a row... 1 2 3 punt football the entire first half of 3 games and people keep wondering why the defense gets carved up in the 3rd and 4th quarters...

Its what we used to do to other teams folks. We used to have games with close to 40 minutes of possession and by the 4th quarter we dominated with the run defenses were so wore out they couldn't stop it.

The O cant move the chains with Fitchners shot gun RPO blocking schemes. Connors is not that kind of RB let him get a first step with a surging forward O-Line for some runs. Let Rudolph audible out when they stack the box and allow him to throw.

You come out against Cincy with the same bland bullshit you tried the last 3 games you are going to see the same fucking results. But hey wash rinse repeat it might work 1 time out of 4 right? Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph the bright armed QB   Rudolph the bright armed QB - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rudolph the bright armed QB
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: