HomeWhere does it go from here? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Where does it go from here?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
HarvardAvenue
Xtreme Newb
HarvardAvenue

Where does it go from here? Empty
PostSubject: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Bad team? Bad coaching? Too many mistakes? Lack of talent? Green quarterback? How many losses? Steelers Nation throw out your analysis on the "state of the Steelers." And where was Ben Roethlisberger yesterday? Shouldn't he have been with him team on the sidelines? Did anyone see him there? I didn't.

Mine has gone public at Harvard Avenue Sports

Where does it go from here? 1505004552 Where does it go from here? 2605341373 Where does it go from here? 1261304314 Where does it go from here? 273451046
Back to top Go down
http://www.harvard-avenue.com
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 1:38 pm

D. all of the above.

with an extra check mark by bad coaching. loose munchak, an actual good coach, and look what happens to the Oline.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 1:39 pm

The 49ers stacked the box on Fitchner and dared him to try to beat them with Rudolphs arm. Fitchner decided to try to run the ball regardless against the 5th best running defense in the league and his Run on 1st, run on 2nd throw on 3rd and long offense didnt work surprisingly.

Fitchner played scared the entire first half and the 3 and out Offense once again wore out the defense by the mid 3rd quarter.

Randy Fitchner is Bens hand picked guy he is not a good NFL OC he is there because the Roonies just dont want to say no to Big Ben.

Fitchner has to allow Rudolph to audible at the line. Let the kid use his smarts and decipher defenses and what he sees. From everything I have read Rudolph is a football junkie, watches tons of film and studies his ass off. Let him audible out of run plays if he sees the box stacked! Stop trying to force a running game between the tackles when you see them daring you to.

This loss is just another example what happens when you run a predictable bland offensive scheme with ZERO adjustments. You cannot expect your defense to be fresh in the late 3rd and 4th quarter when the opposing team has 37 minutes of possession over your paltry 23 minutes.

Honestly the kid almost beat Seattle and almost beat the 49ers on the road against a top 10 49er defense.
Back to top Go down
HarvardAvenue
Xtreme Newb
HarvardAvenue

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 1:52 pm

Just curious folks? How or when does your status change (i.e., from "Xtreme Newb" to "Gang Member" for example?)
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 2:23 pm

@HarvardAvenue wrote:
Just curious folks? How or when does your status change (i.e., from "Xtreme Newb" to "Gang Member" for example?)

It's based on number of posts. Next level is at 100 posts, then 500, then 1,000, 5,000 and 10,000. I've been thinking of changing them up. When the forum was first created, we had somewhat of a Steelers Nation meets Wild West theme. You'd have to know the history of why this forum was created for that to make any sense. But in spirit, we moved away from that theme long ago, even though evidence of it still exists, like with the rank titles and even in our logo.

Where does it go from here? Sxlogo10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Does that come with any suddeness and glide? Hehe
Back to top Go down
HarvardAvenue
Xtreme Newb
HarvardAvenue

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 2:30 pm

Where does it go from here? 2335737994
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 2:58 pm

I've a supporter of the coaching for some time not any longer Tomlin needs to go he lets the players run the team Fichtner and Butlers are not NFL coordinators. there is talent on this team but the coaching staff isn't getting all talent out of it.

Steelers need to scrap the 3 down d-linemen teams are running all over it and having Dupree and Watt as OLBers QB are getting eat it up in the passing game. give 4 down linemen who can rush the passer so the rest of the defense can react to the ball.

Imho Rudolph is a NFL QB and have the RBs and WRs but not a very good OC. the o-line isn't as good against the better d-lines in the NFL.

Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 8:40 pm

If it's full rebuild time Tomlin has to go along with the rest of the staff. May as well rebuild it all and start fresh.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 9:25 am

If it is full rebuild time, we set ourselves back 1 year already with the Fitzpatrick deal. Tomlin is tied to Ben. You won't see Tomlin gone until Ben retires.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 10:51 am

Fichtner and Butler are the worst duo of coordinators in the NFL. Tomlin already has taken over most of Butler's duties, so I don't understand why he's still on the team. Fichtner also should be fired immediataly and they should let Tomlin go at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 11:35 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
Fichtner and Butler are the worst duo of coordinators in the NFL. Tomlin already has taken over most of Butler's duties, so I don't understand why he's still on the team. Fichtner also should be fired immediataly and they should let Tomlin go at the end of the season.

I believe at this point the only reason Butler is still here is because Tomlin wouldn't have a scapegoat. What would you think of Hue Jackson replacing Fichtner? Now.

I think if this season goes as bad as it looks it might they'll all be gone. I don't see the FO firing anyone mid season unless we lose like 5 more in a row. Then I think they'd start with everyone one but the top 3. Where does it go from here? 1505004552
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 1:54 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

I believe at this point the only reason Butler is still here is because Tomlin wouldn't have a scapegoat. What would you think of Hue Jackson replacing Fichtner? Now.

I think if this season goes as bad as it looks it might they'll all be gone. I don't see the FO firing anyone mid season unless we lose like 5 more in a row. Then I think they'd start with everyone one but the top 3. Where does it go from here? 1505004552
I hate Hue Jackson. He is a complete dick.

One thing I can almost guarantee....

If the season continues to go in the tank, probably half the people on here will no longer be Steeler fans.

I'll be here commenting with the half who are.
Back to top Go down
HarvardAvenue
Xtreme Newb
HarvardAvenue

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 1:59 pm

Win or lose I BLEED Black and Gold! I’ve been watching my Steelers since 1972! 12 years old during then”Immaculate Reception” and listed to it on the radio because the game was blacked out in Pittsburgh where I grew up. I survived the dismal seasons of the ‘80s as well! Once a Steelers fan (a true fan)...ALWAYS a Steelers fan!
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 2:15 pm

@HarvardAvenue wrote:
Win or lose I BLEED Black and Gold! I’ve been watching my Steelers since 1972! 12 years old during then”Immaculate Reception” and listed to it on the radio because the game was blacked out in Pittsburgh where I grew up. I survived the dismal seasons of the ‘80s as well! Once a Steelers fan (a true fan)...ALWAYS  a Steelers fan!
You and me both. I started with them as soon as I knew football existed! First season I remember, they went 6-8 and Noll was fairly new (and they weren't sure if he was going to keep his job).
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 2:23 pm

@nine vegetable wrote:
One thing I can almost guarantee....

If the season continues to go in the tank, probably half the people on here will no longer be Steeler fans.

I'll be here commenting with the half who are.

I've known most of the members here for a long time. None of them are fair-weather fans. The core will always be here posting, win or lose. In fact, activity actually picks up when things aren't going well. Fans enjoy bitching more than praising. Where does it go from here? 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Oh I'll be here yet. I'll bitch and moan about the franchise, but I'll be here.
Back to top Go down
HarvardAvenue
Xtreme Newb
HarvardAvenue

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 2:46 pm

nine vegetable...Noll was 1-13 his first year, won his first game lost the rest! There have been some real highs and lows since 1972! My father was at the "Immaculate Reception" game! This I can guarantee you...if Art Rooney Sr. was still running the team things would have been much different in the Tomlin era!
Where does it go from here? Art-ro10
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 3:47 pm

Tomlin isnt going anywhere regardless of what the teams final win/loss record. They could end up 0-16 and I can tell you without a doubt Tomlin will still be HC next year. Losing record and they hang it on Big Ben going down and playing with a 2nd year QB.
Back to top Go down
HarvardAvenue
Xtreme Newb
HarvardAvenue

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 3:59 pm

A history of 0-3s! Harvard Avenue Sports
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 4:35 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Tomlin isnt going anywhere regardless of what the teams final win/loss record. They could end up 0-16 and I can tell you without a doubt Tomlin will still be HC next year. Losing record and they hang it on Big Ben going down and playing with a 2nd year QB.

Exactly

Been a fan since the early 70's. Didn't hop bandwagons in the 80's not about to start now. lol

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 7:36 am

Up. We have to beat the Bengals at home on Monday night. We do that and then we get a crack at the Ravens after that.

If we lose on Monday night... The season is almost officially over as far as any chance at the playoffs.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 3:25 pm

The Chiefs seem to have a nice team to root for the next 10 years. Now I only need to find a KC forum Where does it go from here? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
HarvardAvenue
Xtreme Newb
HarvardAvenue

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 3:29 pm

Where does it go from here? Giphy
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 6:22 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
The Chiefs seem to have a nice team to root for the next 10 years. Now I only need to find a KC forum Where does it go from here? 1797695198

Where does it go from here? 3562723908

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where does it go from here?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: