HomeWhere does it go from here? - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share
 

 Where does it go from here?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nine vegetable



Posts : 479
Likes : 45
Join date : 2018-08-31

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 2:28 am

@HarvardAvenue wrote:
nine vegetable...Noll was 1-13 his first year, won his first game lost the rest! There have been some real highs and lows since 1972! My father was at the "Immaculate Reception" game! This I can guarantee you...if Art Rooney Sr. was still running the team things would have been much different in the Tomlin era!
Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Art-ro10

Its good to hear from many hard-core fans. We who have been with them since the 70's also recognize this reality...there are a LOT of Steeler fans out there who have never seen a losing season. I certainly hope we don't see one this year, but right now it looks like we could be headed that way.

But think about that for a second...how many franchises in the NFL have gone this long without a losing season? It really quite a feat, if you think about it. Of course, we want to compete for a Super Bowl every year (doesn't everyone).

Anyway, I think about such things when we lose a few games and I hear people say, "Fire everyone! Clean house!" And I think, how would those folks react if our season really tanked?

Anyway, hard-core fans, I know you will hang in for the long haul, no matter what happens this season.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4524
Likes : 671
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 3:30 am

We can speculate all we want about who could coach better and who is a dick. I'm pretty sure nothing will happen during the season. I also stand by what I said about Art II not being Dan and not a hair on the Chief's ass. As a matter of fact Art II is closer to Jerry Jones than he is to the Chief. He has no loyalty and will fire Tomlin if he sees fit.
If we go 0-16 I will suffer through every game albeit bitching every game. My feet are glued to the deck of this ship. I've left forums but I will never give up on the team I love. If I quit watching the Steelers it would be because I quit watching football.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4524
Likes : 671
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 3:52 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Fichtner and Butler are the worst duo of coordinators in the NFL. Tomlin already has taken over most of Butler's duties, so I don't understand why he's still on the team. Fichtner also should be fired immediataly and they should let Tomlin go at the end of the season.

I believe at this point the only reason Butler is still here is because Tomlin wouldn't have a scapegoat. What would you think of Hue Jackson replacing Fichtner? Now.

I think if this season goes as bad as it looks it might they'll all be gone. I don't see the FO firing anyone mid season unless we lose like 5 more in a row. Then I think they'd start with everyone one but the top 3. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1505004552
I hate Hue Jackson.so who would be your choice?  He is a complete dick.

One thing I can almost guarantee...
If the season continues to go in the tank, probably half the people on here will no longer be Steeler fans..no..one third at best Where does it go from here? - Page 2 2981382511
You may want to take a look around and check when people started on this forum. Then keep in mind forums didn't exist 20 or 40 years ago. If they did a lot of us on here would have been members for decades.

I'll be here commenting with the half who are.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable



Posts : 479
Likes : 45
Join date : 2018-08-31

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 5:03 pm

I already posted who my choice would be. Hue Jackson would never set foot near the premises though.

I have no idea when people started this forum. But I've been a Steelers fan since the first day I ever watched football, and I've seen plenty of fair weather fans. And its easy to see on this forum the people who would be gone if the Steelers had a truly horrible season.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 815
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 5:14 pm

@nine vegetable wrote:
I already posted who my choice would be.  Hue Jackson would never set foot near the premises though.

I have no idea when people started this forum.  But I've been a Steelers fan since the first day I ever watched football, and I've seen plenty of fair weather fans.  And its easy to see on this forum the people who would be gone if the Steelers had a truly horrible season.

Yeah, I see it here and on Facebook.. I'm a fan regardless if we win the Super Bowl or go 0-16 and everything in between. Yes, they piss me off from time to time, but I still bleed black and gold.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 965
Likes : 148
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 6:49 pm

My Dad has pics of me in 1971 in Steelers blankets I have never once been a fan of another team never wore anything NFL related that isn't Steelers related. I will be a fan until the day they burn my dead cold carcass and they better burn me with my terrible towels and my Lambert Jersey on.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4524
Likes : 671
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 3:55 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
I already posted who my choice would be.  Hue Jackson would never set foot near the premises though.

I have no idea when people started this forum.  But I've been a Steelers fan since the first day I ever watched football, and I've seen plenty of fair weather fans.  And its easy to see on this forum the people who would be gone if the Steelers had a truly horrible season.

I guess I missed where you said who your choice would be. I suggested Jackson for OC. Haley was as big a dick as we've had as OC. If we go 0-16 this year I will be here bitching right along side whoever remains. It has been said that when you're born in western Pa. you get a birth certificate and a terrible towel. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1647293567 The fact is when the mills closed and families had to move to other parts of the country for work they took their terrible towels with them. That's why where ever we play you see tons of Steeler fans in the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 17988
Likes : 1548
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 4:44 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
I have no idea when people started this forum.  But I've been a Steelers fan since the first day I ever watched football, and I've seen plenty of fair weather fans.  And its easy to see on this forum the people who would be gone if the Steelers had a truly horrible season.

We've already dicussed it. If the Steelers have a losing season, we're shutting the forum down. Hell, I might shut it down Monday night if they lose. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 131212936

I truly am curious who you think are fair-weather fans here. I don't want you to single anyone out though. I've known a number of people here for a lot of years, going back to the original Fever forum, and I can guarantee that none of them are fair-weather fans. As for the newer members who I don't know as well, you must be picking up on hidden signals that I'm not. What I do know is that the overwhelming majority of active members here are 40 or older. And I don't think too many Steelers fans 40 or older are suddenly going to stop being Steelers fans. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 2087824411

_________________
Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Posts : 801
Likes : 297
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 4:46 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
@HarvardAvenue wrote:
nine vegetable...Noll was 1-13 his first year, won his first game lost the rest! There have been some real highs and lows since 1972! My father was at the "Immaculate Reception" game! This I can guarantee you...if Art Rooney Sr. was still running the team things would have been much different in the Tomlin era!
Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Art-ro10

Its good to hear from many hard-core fans.  We who have been with them since the 70's also recognize this reality...there are a LOT of Steeler fans out there who have never seen a losing season.  I certainly hope we don't see one this year, but right now it looks like we could be headed that way.

But think about that for a second...how many franchises in the NFL have gone this long without a losing season?  It really quite a feat, if you think about it.  Of course, we want to compete for a Super Bowl every year (doesn't everyone).  

Anyway, I think about such things when we lose a few games and I hear people say, "Fire everyone!  Clean house!"  And I think, how would those folks react if our season really tanked?

Anyway, hard-core fans, I know you will hang in for the long haul, no matter what happens this season.

Hard-core-fans will never wear another color no matter what. As far as fire everyone I've seen enough of Tomlin to know that he's going nowhere. He has no real coaching skills other than to put blame elsewhere. The Superbowl he won was with talent and not coaching skills. As much as I hate to say it he was riding Cowhers coattails much like Swiizer did with Dallas.

_________________
Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Posts : 801
Likes : 297
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 4:51 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
I have no idea when people started this forum.  But I've been a Steelers fan since the first day I ever watched football, and I've seen plenty of fair weather fans.  And its easy to see on this forum the people who would be gone if the Steelers had a truly horrible season.

We've already dicussed it. If the Steelers have a losing season, we're shutting the forum down. Hell, I might shut it down Monday night if they lose. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 131212936

I truly am curious who you think are fair-weather fans here. I don't want you to single anyone out though. I've known a number of people here for a lot of years, going back to the original Fever forum, and I can guarantee that none of them are fair-weather fans. As for the newer members who I don't know as well, you must be picking up on hidden signals that I'm not. What I do know is that the overwhelming majority of active members here are 40 or older. And I don't think too many Steelers fans 40 or older are suddenly going to stop being Steelers fans. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 2087824411

Nope. This must be what the browns felt all those years Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198
As a side note we're in last place. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 2913999526

_________________
Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1070
Likes : 194
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 6:23 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
I have no idea when people started this forum.  But I've been a Steelers fan since the first day I ever watched football, and I've seen plenty of fair weather fans.  And its easy to see on this forum the people who would be gone if the Steelers had a truly horrible season.

We've already dicussed it. If the Steelers have a losing season, we're shutting the forum down. Hell, I might shut it down Monday night if they lose. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 131212936

I truly am curious who you think are fair-weather fans here. I don't want you to single anyone out though. I've known a number of people here for a lot of years, going back to the original Fever forum, and I can guarantee that none of them are fair-weather fans. As for the newer members who I don't know as well, you must be picking up on hidden signals that I'm not. What I do know is that the overwhelming majority of active members here are 40 or older. And I don't think too many Steelers fans 40 or older are suddenly going to stop being Steelers fans. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 2087824411

Maybe his divining rod told him so Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 17988
Likes : 1548
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 11:01 am

@Mach1 wrote:
Nope. This must be what the browns felt all those years Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198
As a side note we're in last place. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 2913999526

At least Browns fans had hope to start each new season. We're hopeless. In more ways than one. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1664291743

@Stella Nation wrote:
Maybe his divining rod told him so Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198

YOU I can see being a fair-weather fan. You're from Europe ... you probably prefer that fake football we call soccer. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 2981382511 Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198

_________________
Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 815
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 1:50 pm

@Mach1 wrote:


Hard-core-fans will never wear another color no matter what. As far as fire everyone I've seen enough of Tomlin to know that he's going nowhere. He has no real coaching skills other than to put blame elsewhere. The Superbowl he won was with talent and not coaching skills. As much as I hate to say it he was riding Cowhers coattails much like Swiizer did with Dallas.

Not going to lie.. I still own a Marino Dolphins jersey, but that's because I was salty that the Steelers didn't draft him. :) Of course, I don't fit in it anymore, but I still have it and his Topps rookie card.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4524
Likes : 671
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 2:18 pm

@Lokki wrote:
@Mach1 wrote:


Hard-core-fans will never wear another color no matter what. As far as fire everyone I've seen enough of Tomlin to know that he's going nowhere. He has no real coaching skills other than to put blame elsewhere. The Superbowl he won was with talent and not coaching skills. As much as I hate to say it he was riding Cowhers coattails much like Swiizer did with Dallas.

Not going to lie.. I still own a Marino Dolphins jersey, but that's because I was salty that the Steelers didn't draft him.  :)  Of course, I don't fit in it anymore, but I still have it and his Topps rookie card.  

Yeah had we drafted Marino the Patriots* would have to re-design their cheat book trying to catch us.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1070
Likes : 194
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 6:19 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Mach1 wrote:
Nope. This must be what the browns felt all those years Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198
As a side note we're in last place. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 2913999526

At least Browns fans had hope to start each new season. We're hopeless. In more ways than one.  Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1664291743

@Stella Nation wrote:
Maybe his divining rod told him so Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198

YOU I can see being a fair-weather fan. You're from Europe ... you probably prefer that fake football we call soccer. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 2981382511 Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198

Lol! I don't watch many fake football games, but I follow our national team quite hard. Although we're not world champions (we finished third last year), we're leading the world league rankings for more than a year now and for a small country like us that's a big achievement. We call them the Golden Generation as we're probably doomed in 5-10 years once those players will retire. And it will probably never come back but we enjoy these years while we can.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1070
Likes : 194
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 6:24 pm

The big question is why do you call it football when you do everything with your hands? Throwing, catching, running, tackling,... Those kicks and punts must be very important Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3847
Likes : 573
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 12:12 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
The big question is why do you call it football when you do everything with your hands? Throwing, catching, running, tackling,... Those kicks and punts must be very important Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198

No, its because the ball is shaped like a fooball. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198

_________________
quack quack.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 17988
Likes : 1548
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 1:56 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
The big question is why do you call it football when you do everything with your hands? Throwing, catching, running, tackling,... Those kicks and punts must be very important Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198

I'm still trying to figure out why we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway. Or why cough and dough don't rhyme. Compared with a lot of other things here, calling it football makes perfect sense.

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 273451046

_________________
Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Jazzo

Jazzo

Posts : 231
Likes : 74
Join date : 2015-04-13
Location : Pacific NW

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 1:50 am

A win tomorrow and we are only one game out of first place. It's a long season. Just saying Where does it go from here? - Page 2 3135543967

_________________
Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Rooney
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4524
Likes : 671
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 7:00 am

@Jazzo wrote:
A win tomorrow and we are only one game out of first place. It's a long season. Just saying Where does it go from here? - Page 2 3135543967

What does this say about the AFCN? We're the most equally balanced? Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198 We better win tonight. At home in prime time.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 965
Likes : 148
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 10:15 am

The AFCN is now one of the weakest divisions in football. I know a lot of people with their fan glasses on will argue against that but its true.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Posts : 1345
Likes : 177
Join date : 2012-01-28
Location : Baltimore

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 11:03 am

The new season starts tonight. The coaching staff needs to make adjustments or make resumes. LET'S GO!!

_________________
Win, Lose, or Tie, I'm a Steeler fan until I DIE!!!
Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Drizz10
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 955
Likes : 184
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 2:30 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
I have no idea when people started this forum.  But I've been a Steelers fan since the first day I ever watched football, and I've seen plenty of fair weather fans.  And its easy to see on this forum the people who would be gone if the Steelers had a truly horrible season.

We've already dicussed it. If the Steelers have a losing season, we're shutting the forum down. Hell, I might shut it down Monday night if they lose. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 131212936

I truly am curious who you think are fair-weather fans here. I don't want you to single anyone out though. I've known a number of people here for a lot of years, going back to the original Fever forum, and I can guarantee that none of them are fair-weather fans. As for the newer members who I don't know as well, you must be picking up on hidden signals that I'm not. What I do know is that the overwhelming majority of active members here are 40 or older. And I don't think too many Steelers fans 40 or older are suddenly going to stop being Steelers fans. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 2087824411

You deserve a lot of credit for running the board as it is run. This is the only forum I'm currently a member of but I've been a member of several Steelers forums since I've had internet in 1997. None of them have approached the level of integrity, respect, and fans who in my opinion are Steelers fans rain or shine. It also lacks the personal attacks and flame wars. All that starts at the top.

I don't mean this as a cheerleading session. I've been impressed all along and your: "don't single anyone out" gains a lot of respect. I just wanted to give a little credit where it is due (or 'do' as AB would write)

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I'm feeling like we'll need each other to lean on through this coming season




_________________
Where does it go from here? - Page 2 $_35
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 17988
Likes : 1548
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 3:21 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
I have no idea when people started this forum.  But I've been a Steelers fan since the first day I ever watched football, and I've seen plenty of fair weather fans.  And its easy to see on this forum the people who would be gone if the Steelers had a truly horrible season.

We've already dicussed it. If the Steelers have a losing season, we're shutting the forum down. Hell, I might shut it down Monday night if they lose. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 131212936

I truly am curious who you think are fair-weather fans here. I don't want you to single anyone out though. I've known a number of people here for a lot of years, going back to the original Fever forum, and I can guarantee that none of them are fair-weather fans. As for the newer members who I don't know as well, you must be picking up on hidden signals that I'm not. What I do know is that the overwhelming majority of active members here are 40 or older. And I don't think too many Steelers fans 40 or older are suddenly going to stop being Steelers fans. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 2087824411

You deserve a lot of credit for running the board as it is run. This is the only forum I'm currently a member of but I've been a member of several Steelers forums since I've had internet in 1997. None of them have approached the level of integrity, respect, and fans who in my opinion are Steelers fans rain or shine. It also lacks the personal attacks and flame wars. All that starts at the top.

I don't mean this as a cheerleading session. I've been impressed all along and your: "don't single anyone out" gains a lot of respect. I just wanted to give a little credit where it is due (or 'do' as AB would write)

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I'm feeling like we'll need each other to lean on through this coming season




Thank you for the kind words. And you're right ... we generally don't have any of the flame wars or trolling you see elsewhere. I assure you though that it has nothing to do with me. This is just a great group of people here who know how to get along and can disagree without being disagreeable. From a mod/admin standpoint, we rarely do much of anything. I can't even remember the last time we had to "moderate" something. We're just a group of friends hanging out and BSing, which is exactly what this forum was created to be. We might be a small community, but I wouldn't trade this group for any of the larger ones. That's a credit not to me or any of the other mods/admins. That's a credit to every active member here. Except Truck, of course. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198

_________________
Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4524
Likes : 671
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 5:18 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
I have no idea when people started this forum.  But I've been a Steelers fan since the first day I ever watched football, and I've seen plenty of fair weather fans.  And its easy to see on this forum the people who would be gone if the Steelers had a truly horrible season.

We've already dicussed it. If the Steelers have a losing season, we're shutting the forum down. Hell, I might shut it down Monday night if they lose. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 131212936

I truly am curious who you think are fair-weather fans here. I don't want you to single anyone out though. I've known a number of people here for a lot of years, going back to the original Fever forum, and I can guarantee that none of them are fair-weather fans. As for the newer members who I don't know as well, you must be picking up on hidden signals that I'm not. What I do know is that the overwhelming majority of active members here are 40 or older. And I don't think too many Steelers fans 40 or older are suddenly going to stop being Steelers fans. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 2087824411

You deserve a lot of credit for running the board as it is run. This is the only forum I'm currently a member of but I've been a member of several Steelers forums since I've had internet in 1997. None of them have approached the level of integrity, respect, and fans who in my opinion are Steelers fans rain or shine. It also lacks the personal attacks and flame wars. All that starts at the top.

I don't mean this as a cheerleading session. I've been impressed all along and your: "don't single anyone out" gains a lot of respect. I just wanted to give a little credit where it is due (or 'do' as AB would write)

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I'm feeling like we'll need each other to lean on through this coming season




Thank you for the kind words. And you're right ... we generally don't have any of the flame wars or trolling you see elsewhere. I assure you though that it has nothing to do with me. This is just a great group of people here who know how to get along and can disagree without being disagreeable. From a mod/admin standpoint, we rarely do much of anything. I can't even remember the last time we had to "moderate" something. We're just a group of friends hanging out and BSing, which is exactly what this forum was created to be. We might be a small community, but I wouldn't trade this group for any of the larger ones. That's a credit not to me or any of the other mods/admins. That's a credit to every active member here. Except Truck, of course. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 1797695198

Damn it Wally you said not to single anyone out. Where does it go from here? - Page 2 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Where does it go from here?
Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: