HomeWhere does it go from here? - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Where does it go from here?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Where does it go from here? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 5:54 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
I have no idea when people started this forum.  But I've been a Steelers fan since the first day I ever watched football, and I've seen plenty of fair weather fans.  And its easy to see on this forum the people who would be gone if the Steelers had a truly horrible season.

We've already dicussed it. If the Steelers have a losing season, we're shutting the forum down. Hell, I might shut it down Monday night if they lose. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 131212936

I truly am curious who you think are fair-weather fans here. I don't want you to single anyone out though. I've known a number of people here for a lot of years, going back to the original Fever forum, and I can guarantee that none of them are fair-weather fans. As for the newer members who I don't know as well, you must be picking up on hidden signals that I'm not. What I do know is that the overwhelming majority of active members here are 40 or older. And I don't think too many Steelers fans 40 or older are suddenly going to stop being Steelers fans. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 2087824411

You deserve a lot of credit for running the board as it is run. This is the only forum I'm currently a member of but I've been a member of several Steelers forums since I've had internet in 1997. None of them have approached the level of integrity, respect, and fans who in my opinion are Steelers fans rain or shine. It also lacks the personal attacks and flame wars. All that starts at the top.

I don't mean this as a cheerleading session. I've been impressed all along and your: "don't single anyone out" gains a lot of respect. I just wanted to give a little credit where it is due (or 'do' as AB would write)

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I'm feeling like we'll need each other to lean on through this coming season

Thank you for the kind words. And you're right ... we generally don't have any of the flame wars or trolling you see elsewhere. I assure you though that it has nothing to do with me. This is just a great group of people here who know how to get along and can disagree without being disagreeable. From a mod/admin standpoint, we rarely do much of anything. I can't even remember the last time we had to "moderate" something. We're just a group of friends hanging out and BSing, which is exactly what this forum was created to be. We might be a small community, but I wouldn't trade this group for any of the larger ones. That's a credit not to me or any of the other mods/admins. That's a credit to every active member here. Except Truck, of course. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 1797695198

Damn it Wally you said not to single anyone out. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 3798349058

Truck got me lost in Pennsylvania. And legend has it he tried to kill a few of us with his cooking. So no, the rules of conduct don't apply to Truck.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 7:01 pm

This group is pretty level headed and honest about the team and where it comes from and where it's going. It's a pretty football intelligent group over all. Even when people may disagree they do it in a respecrful debate oriented manner.Would hate to see the forum shut down if that was a serious comment.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 8:00 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
This group is pretty level headed and honest about the team and where it comes from and where it's  going. It's a pretty football intelligent group over all. Even when people may disagree they do it in a respecrful debate oriented manner.Would hate to see the forum shut down if that was a serious comment.

I've always thought of myself as an average Joe kind of fan. I'm not an Xs and Os guy, I don't know the first thing about breaking down defenses, I don't understand how the salary cap works. ... I just watch the games and say what I think, just like other average fans.

I enjoy listening to people who have more knowledge than I do, but not when they wield that knowledge like a weapon and try to dismiss opinions from people like me because we're not as "smart about football." I've been a member of other forums where the know-it-alls berate the average fans. I always hated that. Here at SX, we've always wanted fans of any level of knowledge to have a voice. Like a bunch of friends sitting at a bar, having some beers and BSing. That probably sounds silly, but that's how we've always felt.

And yeah, I was joking about shutting the forum down. Although you might want to ask me again after tonight's game. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 8:07 pm

I love SX, it is a great group of guys. We might not be as big as the other forums but everyone is welcome. Like Wally said, it's like being out with the guys. I for one am very happy to share the forum with all of our members, and it's special to be a part of the Admin/Mod team here.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 5:17 am

I've been a member here for awhile now. Since I've joined I haven't done more than peak at other forums I used to frequent because I don't think they hold a candle to this one.
We agree or disagree but it's the way that's handled that makes the difference. I also think the majority here are true blue fans. I can't tell you who did not maintain his gap and why. My comments are usually like...."what the hell happened there". I played PEEWEE football as a kid. That's where I got my vast football knowledge. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 1797695198 The thing is everyone has their opinion and that makes for an interesting mix of friends. Just imagine if we could all go to a game together. Talk about a rowdy section. We'd probably be on the field trying to stomp the officials or something.They'd just throw us out. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 1647293567
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 9:46 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
I have no idea when people started this forum.  But I've been a Steelers fan since the first day I ever watched football, and I've seen plenty of fair weather fans.  And its easy to see on this forum the people who would be gone if the Steelers had a truly horrible season.

We've already dicussed it. If the Steelers have a losing season, we're shutting the forum down. Hell, I might shut it down Monday night if they lose. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 131212936

I truly am curious who you think are fair-weather fans here. I don't want you to single anyone out though. I've known a number of people here for a lot of years, going back to the original Fever forum, and I can guarantee that none of them are fair-weather fans. As for the newer members who I don't know as well, you must be picking up on hidden signals that I'm not. What I do know is that the overwhelming majority of active members here are 40 or older. And I don't think too many Steelers fans 40 or older are suddenly going to stop being Steelers fans. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 2087824411

You deserve a lot of credit for running the board as it is run. This is the only forum I'm currently a member of but I've been a member of several Steelers forums since I've had internet in 1997. None of them have approached the level of integrity, respect, and fans who in my opinion are Steelers fans rain or shine. It also lacks the personal attacks and flame wars. All that starts at the top.

I don't mean this as a cheerleading session. I've been impressed all along and your: "don't single anyone out" gains a lot of respect. I just wanted to give a little credit where it is due (or 'do' as AB would write)

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I'm feeling like we'll need each other to lean on through this coming season

Thank you for the kind words. And you're right ... we generally don't have any of the flame wars or trolling you see elsewhere. I assure you though that it has nothing to do with me. This is just a great group of people here who know how to get along and can disagree without being disagreeable. From a mod/admin standpoint, we rarely do much of anything. I can't even remember the last time we had to "moderate" something. We're just a group of friends hanging out and BSing, which is exactly what this forum was created to be. We might be a small community, but I wouldn't trade this group for any of the larger ones. That's a credit not to me or any of the other mods/admins. That's a credit to every active member here. Except Truck, of course. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 1797695198

Damn it Wally you said not to single anyone out. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 3798349058

Truck got me lost in Pennsylvania. And legend has it he tried to kill a few of us with his cooking. So no, the rules of conduct don't apply to Truck.

You had a F'N GPS! I didn't get you lost, don't blame me for your lack of directional integrity.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Where does it go from here? - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 10:09 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:

You had a F'N GPS!  I didn't get you lost, don't blame me for your lack of directional integrity.

You didn't mention anything about the cooking. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 611739232 Where does it go from here? - Page 3 1797695198
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 12:49 pm

@solardave wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:

You had a F'N GPS!  I didn't get you lost, don't blame me for your lack of directional integrity.

You didn't mention anything about the cooking. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 611739232 Where does it go from here? - Page 3 1797695198

According to the court documents authorized by the lawyers on both sides, I'm not allowed to discuss anything I've done in any kitchen except clean dishes.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 5:53 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:

According to the court documents authorized by the lawyers on both sides, I'm not allowed to discuss anything I've done in any kitchen except clean dishes.
Where does it go from here? - Page 3 1549491426
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 8:40 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:

And by "cleaning dishes," you mean "destroying evidence." Where does it go from here? - Page 3 755331329

I can't even remember what this thread is about. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 2703003593

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 12:56 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

And by "cleaning dishes," you mean "destroying evidence."  Where does it go from here? - Page 3 755331329

I can't even remember what this thread is about.  Where does it go from here? - Page 3 2703003593

Should we move this to the legal thread? Where does it go from here? - Page 3 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 1:17 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

And by "cleaning dishes," you mean "destroying evidence."  Where does it go from here? - Page 3 755331329

I can't even remember what this thread is about.  Where does it go from here? - Page 3 2703003593

Should we move this to the legal thread? Where does it go from here? - Page 3 1797695198

If Truck's cooking is involved, it belongs in the ILLegal thread. Where does it go from here? - Page 3 2981382511

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 1:21 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

"Destroying Evidence" was never mentioned or brought up between lawyers.

I'd appreciate you not adding falsehoods to past events and let's just move on.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where does it go from here?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: