HomeSteelers Super Bowls Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share
 

 Steelers Super Bowls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HarvardAvenue
Xtreme Newb
HarvardAvenue

Posts : 46
Likes : 1
Join date : 2018-09-25
Location : Florida

Steelers Super Bowls Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Super Bowls   Steelers Super Bowls EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 12:16 pm

Question for today:

“Of the Steelers six Super Bowl victories which is your favorite and of the two losses which stings more?”

My favorite win was Super Bowl XLIII for one, I WAS THERE! Secondly that finish was amazing with a perfect throw from Big Ben and an absolutely AMAZING catch by Santonio Holmes who took control of that series. Add to that James Harrison’s interception return and this win was very memorable.





The Super Bowl loss that stings more can easily be said to be Super Bowl XXX when Neil “O’Dummy” O’Donnell threw the game to Dallas with his two AWFUL picks. Then he bolts for the Jets after the season and the next year New York goes 1-15.

Back to top Go down
http://www.harvard-avenue.com
effyou515



Posts : 3827
Likes : 572
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Steelers Super Bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Super Bowls   Steelers Super Bowls EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 12:15 am

all the wins.

_________________
Guess this wasn't a playoff team after all.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4294
Likes : 661
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Steelers Super Bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Super Bowls   Steelers Super Bowls EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 5:05 am


The Super Bowl loss that stings more can easily be said to be Super Bowl XXX when Neil “O’Dummy” O’Donnell threw the game to Dallas with his two AWFUL picks. Then he bolts for the Jets after the season and the next year New York goes 1-15.

I was working at Andrews AFB with a crew from Dallas. I watched this game by myself in a motel while listening to the rest of the crew in the room next door (all Cowboys fans of course) cheering while O'Dumbass threw ints.
My favorite was XLIII. That was a good game.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3827
Likes : 572
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Steelers Super Bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Super Bowls   Steelers Super Bowls EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 7:54 am

@solardave wrote:

The Super Bowl loss that stings more can easily be said to be Super Bowl XXX when Neil “O’Dummy” O’Donnell threw the game to Dallas with his two AWFUL picks. Then he bolts for the Jets after the season and the next year New York goes 1-15.

I was working at Andrews AFB with a crew from Dallas. I watched this game by myself in a motel while listening to the rest of the crew in the room next door (all Cowboys fans of course) cheering while O'Dumbass threw ints.
My favorite was XLIII. That was a good game.

yes dave that was the lowest of the lows being a Steelers fan. Steelers Super Bowls 2744185472

_________________
Guess this wasn't a playoff team after all.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable



Posts : 359
Likes : 41
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers Super Bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Super Bowls   Steelers Super Bowls EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 12:00 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

The Super Bowl loss that stings more can easily be said to be Super Bowl XXX when Neil “O’Dummy” O’Donnell threw the game to Dallas with his two AWFUL picks. Then he bolts for the Jets after the season and the next year New York goes 1-15.

I was working at Andrews AFB with a crew from Dallas. I watched this game by myself in a motel while listening to the rest of the crew in the room next door (all Cowboys fans of course) cheering while O'Dumbass threw ints.
My favorite was XLIII. That was a good game.

yes dave that was the lowest of the lows being a Steelers fan. Steelers Super Bowls 2744185472
Especially bad because it was DALLAS. Hated them (Still root against them, truth be told).
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable



Posts : 359
Likes : 41
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers Super Bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Super Bowls   Steelers Super Bowls EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 pm

I don't know which one was my favorite, possibly the first one because it was the first one. And for Steelers fans then, there was a feeling of do we really belong? Because we had never been there before. But all of them we won are my favorite!

I do remember though, while playing the Cardinals, how embarrassing it would be if we lost to them, because they were the worst super bowl team ever, a team that shouldn't have been anywhere close the Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4294
Likes : 661
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Steelers Super Bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Super Bowls   Steelers Super Bowls EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 1:09 pm

@nine vegetable wrote:
I don't know which one was my favorite, possibly the first one because it was the first one.  And for Steelers fans then, there was a feeling of do we really belong?  Because we had never been there before.  But all of them we won are my favorite!

I do remember though, while playing the Cardinals, how embarrassing it would be if we lost to them, because they were the worst super bowl team ever, a team that shouldn't have been anywhere close the Super Bowl.

It can be argued and would be by non-Steeler fans that the 2005 6th seed Steelers were the worst team to play in a SB. But because we beat Seattle it doesn't get brought up much.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3827
Likes : 572
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Steelers Super Bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Super Bowls   Steelers Super Bowls EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 5:12 pm

@nine vegetable wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

The Super Bowl loss that stings more can easily be said to be Super Bowl XXX when Neil “O’Dummy” O’Donnell threw the game to Dallas with his two AWFUL picks. Then he bolts for the Jets after the season and the next year New York goes 1-15.

I was working at Andrews AFB with a crew from Dallas. I watched this game by myself in a motel while listening to the rest of the crew in the room next door (all Cowboys fans of course) cheering while O'Dumbass threw ints.
My favorite was XLIII. That was a good game.

yes dave that was the lowest of the lows being a Steelers fan. Steelers Super Bowls 2744185472
Especially bad because it was DALLAS.  Hated them (Still root against them, truth be told).

hate them also and I have inlaws from Fort Worth big Cowboys fans after that game I was luckier they were 100 miles away so I didn't answer the phone as it rang off the hook.

_________________
Guess this wasn't a playoff team after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Steelers Super Bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Super Bowls   Steelers Super Bowls Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Steelers Super Bowls
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: