HomeMason Rudolph - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mason Rudolph

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Mason Rudolph - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 9:56 am

Yeah I read a few articles where Fitchner has mentioned MR needs to pull the trigger and missed some throws. Mason also mentioned it as well. I think its a mix though we all can look back at certain plays and pick any QB apart for missing "open" recievers. So maybe Fitchner has taken the cuffs off and MR isn't comfortable enough yet with his group? If we think about it his recieving group hasnt really been a set group of guys and it has changed from game to game. First game Seahawks he had Moncrief, Juju, McDonald and Washington... game 2 49ers he had Juju, washington, Johnson, McDonald ( till injured) Grimble (till injured) Rookie TE (cant remember his name right now lol). Game 3 Bengals Juju, Washington Johnson, Vannette.

He has had to work with different guys every game. Thats hard on any QB not named Brady so hopefully now he has a set group he can start working out chemistry and timing with the various recievers. Just a thought...
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 1:02 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Yeah I read a few articles where Fitchner has mentioned MR needs to pull the trigger and missed some throws. Mason also mentioned it as well. I think its a mix though we all can look back at certain plays and pick any QB apart for missing "open" recievers. So maybe Fitchner has taken the cuffs off and MR isn't comfortable enough yet with his group? If we think about it his recieving group hasnt really been a set group of guys and it has changed from game to game. First game Seahawks he had Moncrief, Juju, McDonald and Washington... game 2 49ers he had Juju, washington, Johnson, McDonald ( till injured) Grimble (till injured) Rookie TE (cant remember his name right now lol). Game 3 Bengals Juju, Washington  Johnson, Vannette.

He has had to work with different guys every game. Thats hard on any QB not named Brady so hopefully now he has a set group he can start working out chemistry and timing with the various recievers. Just a thought...

yep work in progress, just wait until it all starts clicking Mason Rudolph - Page 2 1797695198

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 1:30 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
If I'm honest I think Ben is regressed to the point that we need a successor and if I'm honest again I think Rudolph isn't the guy. I hope that I'm wrong on him, but so far I haven't seen anything that has impressed me. I know it's early to say, but the knock on him coming out of college was that he wasn't accurate on intermediate throws. So far, what has he done? Easy, short passes and long balls which is his strength. I know it's still early and I believe he has the potential to become a decent QB, but I don't see a franchise QB in him.

To soon to argue with you. I hope you're wrong because all our eggs are in this basket. I keep saying the Ravens are a good test and I hope he passes it.

Yeah, I know it's too early too tell and I will be rooting for him to make it. He seems like a really nice guy and a good leader. It's clear that he's well liked by his teammates so he already has that going for him. He has played it very safe so far, but he can't keep doing that forever. So, I want him to see starting to make intermediate throws and throws into coverage. Sooner or later he needs to trust his receivers to make contested catches. Of course that doesn't mean throwing into triple coverage like Ben did Mason Rudolph - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 1:34 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/10/03/short-and-sweet-steelers-rudolph-focusing-on-efficiency/40241445/

Rudolph would love to take a shot. And he’s quick to point out he hit Diontae Johnson for a 39-yard touchdown against San Francisco and found him again for a 43-yard score against the Bengals. Yet he’s also not going to look deep just to do it. He’s learned quickly that the talent gap between Oklahoma State and most of its opponents doesn’t exist in the NFL. Better to make a quick read, throw it and move on to the next snap instead of hunting home runs all the time.

“We want to get the ball out,” Rudolph said. “We've got an unbelievable offensive line from a protection and run game standpoint. But they appreciate getting the ball out quick and keeping defenses on their heels and not letting the rush not really get dialed up and get back to me. So that's a facet of the game and there's times you've got to play action and take them down the field and we did both.”

Besides, as offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner points out, there’s no law against having a receiver take an innocent hitch pattern or crossing route and turning it into something far more significant.

“We always talk about catch short, run long where you've got to break tackles and make guys miss,” Fichtner said. “That's the way this league is. If you're on the field you're a playmaker, and you've got to make plays.”

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 4:25 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
If I'm honest I think Ben is regressed to the point that we need a successor and if I'm honest again I think Rudolph isn't the guy. I hope that I'm wrong on him, but so far I haven't seen anything that has impressed me. I know it's early to say, but the knock on him coming out of college was that he wasn't accurate on intermediate throws. So far, what has he done? Easy, short passes and long balls which is his strength. I know it's still early and I believe he has the potential to become a decent QB, but I don't see a franchise QB in him.

To soon to argue with you. I hope you're wrong because all our eggs are in this basket. I keep saying the Ravens are a good test and I hope he passes it.

Yeah, I know it's too early too tell and I will be rooting for him to make it. He seems like a really nice guy and a good leader. It's clear that he's well liked by his teammates so he already has that going for him. He has played it very safe so far, but he can't keep doing that forever. So, I want him to see starting to make intermediate throws and throws into coverage. Sooner or later he needs to trust his receivers to make contested catches. Of course that doesn't mean throwing into triple coverage like Ben did Mason Rudolph - Page 2 1797695198
They say he's a perfectionist and hates making mistakes. Maybe this is why we haven't seen a lot of lower percentage throws.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 4:29 am

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

They say he's a perfectionist and hates making mistakes. Maybe this is why we haven't seen a lot of lower percentage throws.

or they'er trying to keep the sacks on Rudolph as low as possible?

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 6:37 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

I don't think that's it because the O-line should be able to keep him upright. SHOULD BE. I think it's more about high percentage passes to get him comfortable and move the chains. I think this is the week that either Washington or Johnson or both have a good game. Mason has to trust his WRs to go after the ball.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 4:50 pm

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

I don't think that's it because the O-line should be able to keep him upright. SHOULD BE. I think it's more about high percentage passes to get him comfortable and move the chains. I think this is the week that either Washington or Johnson or both have a good game. Mason has to trust his WRs to go after the ball.

OUCH, knocked out.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 9:32 pm

A few updates. James Harrison chimes in.

https://twitter.com/jharrison9292/status/1180927273169555457?s=19

Mason has left the hospital. Can't find the Tweet.

NFL says no cart was needed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/06/nfl-claims-mason-rudolph-didnt-need-a-cart/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 10:45 pm

to soon?

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 6:13 am

@jak341 wrote:
A few updates. James Harrison chimes in.Harrison saying he is a Steeler is a stretch. He needs to STFU. Traitor.He should have called Troy before he signed with the Cheats.Troy is a Steeler.

https://twitter.com/jharrison9292/status/1180927273169555457?s=19

Mason has left the hospital. Can't find the Tweet.

NFL says no cart was needed.Just like no targeting call was needed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/06/nfl-claims-mason-rudolph-didnt-need-a-cart/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 8:51 am

I believe the hit Rudolph took is still affecting him.

While he wasn't the most mobile QB before the hit, his game looks to be way off.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mason Rudolph - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 3:13 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:

While he wasn't the most mobile QB before the hit, his game looks to be way off.
I agree. I think he needs months to recover. It was a really nasty hit, and he hasn't been right since.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 6:19 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

I agree.  I think he needs months to recover.  It was a really nasty hit, and he hasn't been right since.

I'm not sure the hit hasn't ended his career before it even started.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 11:11 am

You only get so many shots at proving yourself. When they come you have to seize the moment.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 1:02 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
You only get so many shots at proving yourself. When they come you have to seize the moment.

Kind of hard to prove yourself when your brain has been scrambled and it isn't healed yet.

At this point it's Duck or Die for the Steelers offense. I'm not confident in Mason right now, and I believe he requires the off-season to heal.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mason Rudolph - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 1:39 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Kind of hard to prove yourself when your brain has been scrambled and it isn't healed yet.

At this point it's Duck or Die for the Steelers offense. I'm not confident in Mason right now, and I believe he requires the off-season to heal.

At least the season. Who knows when CTE sets in or how except that blows to the head are the culprit? Who knows how hard or how many hits it takes? I hope he's alright and heals up.
Devlin Hodges is improving each game and maybe he will be that one that everyone overlooked. Like Tomlin said. He isn't killing us and with our defense playing this well we might see the impossible happen.
I believe there will be a really good competition at QB next year.
Bob Labriola was asked what it would take for Duck to be viable to challenge Ben next year for the starting QB job. He said he would have to get us to and win the Superbowl. If he plays half that well it'll be exciting.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 12:07 am

Here's a ?, and to me the answer is clear....

Who has played better? Devlin Hodges, or Mason Rudolph pre-concuession-at-his-best?

To me, the Duck-man is the clear winner going forward. He's got a lot of development still to do, but I really like his potential, decision making - and accuracy. This guy can throw the football on a dime.

To me there is no comparison - but I welcome others' opinions.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 2:04 am

Rudolph is not good. Holds on to the ball way too long and terrible decision making. Duck is way better and I really hope he continues to improve
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 3:28 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
Here's a ?, and to me the answer is clear....

Who has played better?  Devlin Hodges, or Mason Rudolph pre-concuession-at-his-best?

To me, the Duck-man is the clear winner going forward.  He's got a lot of development still to do, but I really like his potential, decision making - and accuracy.  This guy can throw the football on a dime.

To me there is no comparison - but I welcome others' opinions.

I don't like the way it happened.However if not for Mason getting knocked out and going into CP we go on losing and Duck maybe gets shipped back off at seasons end. Who knows? The fact is he is playing better and has helped us win 3 games by playing smart. I like our chances more with him in.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 6:07 pm

Duck seems better in every way

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph   Mason Rudolph - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mason Rudolph
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: