HomeDevlin Hodges - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Devlin Hodges

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Devlin Hodges - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 5:03 pm

Holton can at least catch it and is faster then Limas Moncrief...
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 5:31 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Holton can at least catch it and is faster then Limas Moncrief...

Did you see him run that first kick back to the 10 yard line? The talking heads made him out to be Jesse Owens but he looked more like Jesse James AKA the Sloth. Devlin Hodges - Page 2 1797695198 In the first place you don't come out of the end zone when you spot the coverage team already at the 20. Being able to catch is pretty much expected. Making good decisions is pretty much expected. So with him we're at .500. Pffff.
Even after saying that I still think we go in to L.A. and come out with a win. I think Johnson has a monster game.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 6:35 pm

Honestly I think Moncrief is better than he's shown. IF he's healthy, and that's a big IF. He injured himself in the same manner that Sammie Coates did a couple years back. Coates looked pretty damn good before he dislocated fingers. If Moncrief has recovered from that injury I think he'll be better than what we've seen from him. That's a tough injury to deal with as a WR, no doubt. While Moncrief has bounced around the league a bit, he was never this bad, so I think if he's back to 100% we should see if he can play. We're a little thin at WR talent.

Holton has not impressed me at all. Dude is a one trick pony. He's a very poor man's Mike Wallace. Honestly I'd of been happier if they'd of re-signed Mike Wallace at this point and dropped Holton. Wallace is more talented than Holton, and has some familiarity with the organization.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 5:28 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Honestly I think Moncrief is better than he's shown. IF he's healthy, and that's a big IF. He injured himself in the same manner that Sammie Coates did a couple years back. Coates looked pretty damn good before he dislocated fingers. If Moncrief has recovered from that injury I think he'll be better than what we've seen from him. That's a tough injury to deal with as a WR, no doubt. While Moncrief has bounced around the league a bit, he was never this bad, so I think if he's back to 100% we should see if he can play. We're a little thin at WR talent.

Holton has not impressed me at all. Dude is a one trick pony. He's a very poor man's Mike Wallace. Honestly I'd of been happier if they'd of re-signed Mike Wallace at this point and dropped Holton. Wallace is more talented than Holton, and has some familiarity with the organization.

Either way (Moncrief or Holton) is a drop off in production I think. Not that we've been setting the league on fire but this is an injury situation that we can't afford. As far as Moncrief I haven't heard Tomlin say a word about his injured finger. What I did hear was he is sitting because of poor play so is this Tomlin saying "no excuses,do your job" or is Moncrief just not very good anymore. If he gets time on the field Sunday it'll be because Tomlin is desperate or he thinks he can turn it around. The only one that can answer is Moncrief.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 11:46 am

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 3:00 pm

If he plays and it looks like he will. They're saying even if Mason clears they will probably hold him out. I'm excited to see what the kid can do in a full game. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 3:58 pm

and you guys were busting my bubble when I was talking up these young QBs in the preseason fing know it alls. Devlin Hodges - Page 2 1797695198

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 2:08 am

@effyou515 wrote:
and you guys were busting my bubble when I was talking up these young QBs in the preseason fing know it alls. Devlin Hodges - Page 2 1797695198

Wait a second. I compared Hodges to Brees several times. Top that. Devlin Hodges - Page 2 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 3:46 am

@effyou515 wrote:

Hey I was a Hodges guy from the get go, I wanted us to trade Dobbs and keep Hodges as the #3. I was very happy when the Steelers did just that.

While I'm not ready to anoint Hodges the second coming of Tom Brady like some fans seem to be, I do like his upside. We'll see what he can do coming out and starting a game from the get go against a Chargers team that always plays us tough, and in primetime.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 4:03 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

Hey I was a Hodges guy from the get go, I wanted us to trade Dobbs and keep Hodges as the #3. I was very happy when the Steelers did just that.

While I'm not ready to anoint Hodges the second coming of Tom Brady like some fans seem to be, I do like his upside. We'll see what he can do coming out and starting a game from the get go against a Chargers team that always plays us tough, and in primetime.

Duck has good touch on the ball the type that can't be taught and seem to see the field well bout same size as Drew Brees so imho he's not the next Tom Brady he's the next Drew Brees. Devlin Hodges - Page 2 1797695198

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 5:15 am

Comparing him to Brady is an insult as far as toughness goes. The little he's played so far shows he tougher than Brady ever was. I see him as a cross between Brees and Favre.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 9:17 am

@solardave wrote:
Comparing him to Brady is an insult as far as toughness goes. The little he's played so far shows he tougher than Brady ever was. I see him as a cross between Brees and Favre.

Watching his college tape, Hodges reminds me of Favre. He's got that gunslinger style. You'll see good throws, then that pass that everyone knows should never be thrown. I like the way he will dink and dunk, then throw long. Can't wait to see what he does with his first start.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 10:13 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@solardave wrote:

Watching his college tape, Hodges reminds me of Favre. He's got that gunslinger style. You'll see good throws, then that pass that everyone knows should never be thrown. I like the way he will dink and dunk, then throw long. Can't wait to see what he does with his first start.

Me too. That almost INT by Thomas that was called back for D-holding was a good example.Nothing Ben hasn't done a lot more as he gets older. I think this guy can become a pretty good NFL QB.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Hopefully he can win us one game at a time.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 2:35 pm

I remember after Bradshaw went out with his elbow. I had no faith in any of those guys back then. I have more faith in Hodges right now. I honestly think if the defensive shows up we win.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Devlin Hodges - Page 2 Giphy
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Mason was just ruled out.

Paxton Lynch promoted to the 53, as well as Trey Edmonds.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 2:01 am

Ugh Paxton Lynch, lets hope that dude never has to play.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 2:03 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
Mason was just ruled out.

Paxton Lynch promoted to the 53, as well as Trey Edmonds.

It's Hodges game then. He reminds me a little of Jim Miller and Tommy Maddox the way he throws the ball. It'll be interesting to see what he does after a week of practice and going a full game. I'm hoping he has a big one. A big game might create a QB controversy which I think is the last thing we need with 2 young QBs.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 11:00 am

I dont give a shit which QB is holding the reigns as long as we start stacking wins. If it's Duck fine take it young buck! Win games and don't look back! We just need to start getting some Ws and quick!
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 12:11 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I dont give a shit which QB is holding the reigns as long as we start stacking wins. If it's Duck fine take it young buck! Win games and don't look back! We just need to start getting some Ws and quick!

Itd be nice to get a streak going over the next 3 or 4, a win sunday and then the next two weeks after the bye we have miami and indy, we could be back at .500
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 11:34 am

Some throwback material. Hodges wears #6. Bubby Brister also wore #6.

https://twitter.com/nflthrowback/status/1183088941693583360?s=19
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 11:54 am

Interesting...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-tomlin-steelers-offensive-staff-pushed-to-keep-devlin-hodges-over-josh-dobbs/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 2:19 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Some throwback material. Hodges wears #6. Bubby Brister also wore #6.

https://twitter.com/nflthrowback/status/1183088941693583360?s=19

I think Hodges has more upside than Brister had.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 5:18 pm

Devlin Hodges - Page 2 Sul5ozh92kr31
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Devlin Hodges
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: