HomeDevlin Hodges - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share
 

 Devlin Hodges

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
nine vegetable



Posts : 414
Likes : 42
Join date : 2018-08-31

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 8:48 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
Mason was just ruled out.

Paxton Lynch promoted to the 53, as well as Trey Edmonds.

It's Hodges game then. He reminds me a little of Jim Miller and Tommy Maddox the way he throws the ball. It'll be interesting to see what he does after a week of practice and going a full game. I'm hoping he has a big one. A big game might create a QB controversy which I think is the last thing we need with 2 young QBs.

I'm not a fan of QB controversies - it seems every time a backup QB has a decent game, people start going the QB controversy route.

However....

I really like Devlin Hodges. He's a shorter QB, and I like short QB's. I think they are way underrated most of the time. They tend to be more mobile, harder for defenders to get to, don't take the big hits and stay healthy longer. Look at Russell Wilson in Seattle for instance. He's never missed a game in 8 seasons. He was drafted in the 3rd round because of his height, otherwise he'd have been a sure-fire first rounder. There's really no downside to Russell.

I'll take the short guy.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4428
Likes : 668
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 8:40 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
Mason was just ruled out.

Paxton Lynch promoted to the 53, as well as Trey Edmonds.

It's Hodges game then. He reminds me a little of Jim Miller and Tommy Maddox the way he throws the ball. It'll be interesting to see what he does after a week of practice and going a full game. I'm hoping he has a big one. A big game might create a QB controversy which I think is the last thing we need with 2 young QBs.

I'm not a fan of QB controversies - it seems every time a backup QB has a decent game, people start going the QB controversy route.  

However....

I really like Devlin Hodges.  He's a shorter QB, and I like short QB's.  I think they are way underrated most of the time.  They tend to be more mobile, harder for defenders to get to, don't take the big hits and stay healthy longer.  Look at Russell Wilson in Seattle for instance.  He's never missed a game in 8 seasons.  He was drafted in the 3rd round because of his height, otherwise he'd have been a sure-fire first rounder.  There's really no downside to Russell.  

I'll take the short guy.

I don't think there will be a controversy. For the record I'm a Duck fan. I believe Mason is the man this year if teams don't take a page out of Thomas' book and go head hunting. I think we can win with either one.
I hope next camp they have a serious competition for the starting QB job,including Ben. May the best man win.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Posts : 2482
Likes : 1147
Join date : 2015-04-19

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 2:36 pm

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 6qkQSv2
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2647
Likes : 528
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 11:30 am

Tomlin said Mason is the starting QB when he gets back.

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/1184488979288203264?s=19
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 925
Likes : 145
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 12:53 pm

As he should be.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Posts : 2482
Likes : 1147
Join date : 2015-04-19

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 4:26 pm

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 M_5adcf5e5739d48652ab8be12
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3784
Likes : 1264
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2019 5:16 am

@jak341 wrote:
Tomlin said Mason is the starting QB when he gets back.

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/1184488979288203264?s=19

I love Duck but it's mind boggling to me that there is a contingent of fans clamoring for Duck to be the starter over Rudolph. Rudolph has played quite well this season, and hasn't made stupid mistakes. He was steadily improving as well. There's just no QB controversy, not in my book. Unless Rudolph completely falls off and starts costing the team games.

_________________
Devlin Hodges - Page 3 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 925
Likes : 145
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Duck is the classic underdog story and some fans love that. He is a good back up behind Rudolph but we have to find out if MR is the guy to take over BBs job duties or not. We simply cannot allow doubt in his head and I like hiw Tomlin has handled the questions about it. Hands down MR is the guy. There is no story... no controversy... period.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4428
Likes : 668
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2019 2:43 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Duck is the classic underdog story and some fans love that. He is a good back up behind Rudolph but we have to find out if MR is the guy to take over BBs job duties or not. We simply cannot allow doubt in his head and I like hiw Tomlin has handled the questions about it. Hands down MR is the guy. There is no story... no controversy... period.

My thought exactly. It's bad Ben went down but here is something to think about. What if the Ben we saw in the short time he played this season was as good as it was gonna get? What if father time has caught up and was about to bite him big time? Anyway I see this as the perfect Mason Rudolph audition. I'm pretty sure Tomlin sees it the same way. I like Hodges but this is not his time unless fate steps in again and I hope it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3784
Likes : 1264
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 19, 2019 3:17 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Duck is the classic underdog story and some fans love that. He is a good back up behind Rudolph but we have to find out if MR is the guy to take over BBs job duties or not. We simply cannot allow doubt in his head and I like hiw Tomlin has handled the questions about it. Hands down MR is the guy. There is no story... no controversy... period.

Devlin Hodges - Page 3 3964572787

Couldn't agree more.

_________________
Devlin Hodges - Page 3 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content




Devlin Hodges - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Hodges   Devlin Hodges - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Devlin Hodges
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: