HomeThis team is... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

This team is...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: This team is...   This team is... EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 7:54 pm

NOT A BAD TEAM! They are a little undisciplined, they are young, they are trying to gel, they are riddled with changes, they are plagued by bad officiating, but they are not as bad as their record (1-4) shows.

They have had a lot of tough breaks, fumbles at key points, phantom PI calls, and phantom Roughing the passer calls, but they are not a bad team.

Some of the play calling holds us back. Still this is not a bad team.

Our Defense had a lot of discipline issues today but they were trying to play aggressive.

Their last 3 losses are a total of 9 points difference. This team was in those games.

With all of the adversity this team has went through they still can turn things around. Its a tall order but looking ahead they are not a pushover and there are some really positive things to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 8:47 pm

Yeah, I agree. They're not as bad as their record. This team has a lot of good, young talent. There are areas that can be improved, but there's no glaring weaknesses. Other than inexperience at quarterback, obviously. The problem is with the coaching. At the very least, I'd like to see a new DC and OC.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

jak341

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 9:08 pm

Exactly what their record says they are. They beat a team that will be drafting top 3. They got killed with Ben by a Super Bowl caliber team. They lost to a team that turned the ball over 5 times. They lost to a better than expected Seahawks team. They lost to their rival on their home field, when the game was 3 downs from a potential win.

I don't think the talent is there. The #1 RB hasn't come close to a 100 yard game. The #1 WR can't get open, and hasn't posted a 100 yard game. The #2 WR can't crack 50 yards. Yes, the QB is injured, and the backup is as well.

Maybe with Ben, we're sitting at 3-2. I'm sure Ben would have gotten us more than 6 points on 5 turn overs at S.F., and 6 points off of 3 INTs today.

Bottom line, their record doesn't lie. They are simply not that good.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 10:51 pm

they could get a very good 1st round draft choice? damn they traded their 1st round draft choice away. Dolphins are cheering suck Steelers suck.

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 12:18 am

@effyou515 wrote:
they could get a very good 1st round draft choice? damn they traded their 1st round draft choice away. Dolphins are cheering suck Steelers suck.
oh daaaaammn This team is... 1505004552  ...i didnt think about that. it looks like the steelers will have their best draft position since they drafted Ben....and they gave it up ... This team is... 2744185472

i said when Ben went down an 8-8 record would be a successful season....i will now down grade that to 5-10. This team is... 2087824411
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 3:43 am

Think about this. All it would take is for Hodges to get hurt and we'd be seeing Fitchner's wildcat every damn play. How bad would that suck.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 3:45 am

the Steelers have a playoff talent on the team but imho it's Tomlin and his buddy buddy offensive and defensive coordinators. the only two coaches I like on the staff is the d-line and d-secondary coaches. will see what kind of balls Rooney has this off season.

you know its bad when the medical cart was inoperable and they walked a hospital bound Mason Rudolph off the field. I was never so ashamed to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan in all my life. so sad really fucking sad.

Last edited by effyou515 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
effyou515

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 3:48 am

@solardave wrote:
Think about this. All it would take is for Hodges to get hurt and we'd be seeing Fitchner's wildcat every damn play. How bad would that suck.

This team is... 1645253483 This team is... 1645253483 This team is... 1645253483 This team is... 1645253483 This team is... 1645253483 This team is... 1645253483 This team is... 1645253483 This team is... 1645253483 This team is... 1645253483 This team is... 1645253483 This team is... 1645253483 Fichtner's new offense

solardave

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 5:40 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
Yeah, I agree. They're not as bad as their record. This team has a lot of good, young talent. There are areas that can be improved, but there's no glaring weaknesses. Other than inexperience at quarterback, obviously. The problem is with the coaching. At the very least, I'd like to see a new DC and OC.

I think we are as bad as our record. We couldn't beat a team that had 5 turnovers. We lost yesterday to a team where their QB threw 3 picks. Because our offense hasn't produced our defense has had to play twice the snaps they should.

It's not just players not coming through at crucial times. It's poor play calling on both sides of the ball. Calling a wildcat in the redzone when we've started moving the ball on the ground and play action should have been the call. They said during the game that if Hodges got hurt Samuels would be our QB. Am I missing something? I know he played at several positions in college but was one of them QB? Bottom line is there is no excuse for continuing to call plays that aren't working.
Then there is the zone coverage when we should be in man. We spent a ton of money on DBs that can play man only to line them up in zone leaving the middle of the field wide open. Lamar Jackson is a run first QB. If you watch he doesn't survey the field. If his primary is covered he takes off. We rushed up the middle,got to him but didn't wrap him up. On the edge instead of taking away his angle we waited to see what his next move was. So it is both. Poor play calling and poor execution.

We could be so much better than our record indicates. That's what sucks big time.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 11:50 am

Murphy's Law.

We just can't get a break. Yesterday was the chance but then Rudolph went down, the ridiculous roughing the passer call, and then the fumble. Just couldn't catch a break.

Ah well.

Quest For Seven
Mach1

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 1:04 pm

This team is... Giphy

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 1:13 pm

IS STILL MY TEAM!
And I still see an opportunity for them to turn this season around.
They have had good chances to win a few games this season and for whatever reason they've lost discipline or they've allowed teams to take control over them instead of forcing their will on opponents.

It takes one moment for this team to turn this season around.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION This team is... 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 2:03 pm

We almost beat a good Seahawks team with a QB seeing hid first NFL action.

If Conner doesn't fumble, we beat an undefeated 49ers team.

If the ref doesn't make a horrendous call on Ola or JuJu doesn't fumble, we likely beat the Ravens with a QB who was on the practice squad a few weeks ago.

We are a few plays away from being 3-2. And maybe one defensive stop away from being 4-1.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 2:19 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
We almost beat a good Seahawks team with a QB making his first career start.

If Conner doesn't fumble, we beat an undefeated 49ers team.

If the ref doesn't make a horrendous call on Ola or JuJu doesn't fumble, we likely beat the Ravens with a QB who was on the practice squad a few weeks ago.

We are a few plays away from being 3-2. And maybe one defensive stop away from being 4-1.

That's my point one play away does not make a team good. I will watch every game I can see and hope to hell we win but I find it hard to be optimistic when we can't seem to put a complete game together when we're playing winning teams. Falling short is still losing.
When it looked like Thomas made the Int. that was called back because of D holding I was screaming at my TV saying that MFer shouldn't even be in the game. I love this team and while I know we have the talent to be better than our record shows we're not playing that way. Honestly I don't think we would have won any of these games if Ben were healthy and playing. I feel like coaches have 2 responsibilities.To get players ready and use them in a scheme that takes advantage of their skill set. I don't see any consistency with either one.
One more thing. On our first KR Holton looked like anything but a speedster. Take the touch back dude. These little things add up and crush us.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 2:49 pm

To be clear, I'm not arguing that this is a great team. It's not, mainly because of poor coaching. But it's also not as bad as its 1-4 record. If records and outcomes were an accurate reflection of reality, then we'd have to say the Colts are a better team than the Chiefs since they beat them last night. That's what the scoreboard says. But does anyone honestly believe the Colts are a better team than the Chiefs?

I live in Northeast Ohio and have watched a lot of Browns games over the past decade. THAT was a bad football team. Minus Joe Thomas and a few other players here and there, those Browns teams had no talent whatsoever. The 2019 Steelers aren't a bad football team. With better coaching, this is a playoff team, with or without Ben. They're not as good as the Patriots* or Chiefs, but they're also not as bad as a 1-4 team.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 5:34 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
To be clear, I'm not arguing that this is a great team. It's not, mainly because of poor coaching. But it's also not as bad as its 1-4 record. If records and outcomes were an accurate reflection of reality, then we'd have to say the Colts are a better team than the Chiefs since they beat them last night. That's what the scoreboard says. But does anyone honestly believe the Colts are a better team than the Chiefs?

I live in Northeast Ohio and have watched a lot of Browns games over the past decade. THAT was a bad football team. Minus Joe Thomas and a few other players here and there, those Browns teams had no talent whatsoever. The 2019 Steelers aren't a bad football team. With better coaching, this is a playoff team, with or without Ben. They're not as good as the Patriots** or Chiefs, but they're also not as bad as a 1-4 team.

And I'm not saying we're a bad team. I'm saying we're playing bad enough to lose games. I know every man on this team wants to win. So much so they've bought into the bullshit coaching.

Let me rephrase what I said. We are a team that is playing as bad as our record indicates. We have a better attitude. Team first players. Lousy coaching. It literally broke my heart to watch Rudolgh walk off the field. The look in his eyes was scary. Right now I'm hoping the next game against the Rats I hope someone takes Earl Thomas out. I'd like it to look like a clean hit so they don't get ejected. That POS said he aimed for the target area. Lying douchebag. There was no reason to take a cheap shot like that except to be malicious.That's the same kind of shit Burfict does.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 6:04 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

I live in Northeast Ohio and have watched a lot of Browns games over the past decade. THAT was a bad football team. Minus Joe Thomas and a few other players here and there, those Browns teams had no talent whatsoever. The 2019 Steelers aren't a bad football team. With better coaching, this is a playoff team, with or without Ben. They're not as good as the Patriots** or Chiefs, but they're also not as bad as a 1-4 team.

This team is... 1557163439 this man knows what he's talking about this team is at least a wild card playoff team defense is getting to the QB and getting turnovers now the offense needs some high draft choices LB and AB really put a fuckin' to the offense.

SteelerFreak58

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 6:25 pm

That's another point people look over. We lost Bell to the Jets because he is dumber then a bag of hammers the deal we offered him was better then the deal he took with the Jets. That hurt us some.

Losing AB due to his narcissism and subsequent mental collapse was extremely tough. That came out of no where. Noone could have predicted the events that he actively took part in creating to see his way off this team.

The Steelers lost 3 pro-bowl caliber players Bell, AB, and then BB, AND THEY STILL ARE STAYING COMPETITIVE. Lesser teams would fold up and call it a season this team has been in 3 dog fights that they lost by a hand ful of points.

The defense keeps showing progress weekly. They are getting better and reacting faster to the ball. Even with the miss use of the secondaries talents by making our corners play zone they are still doing well. Nelson is a man coverage guy and so is Haden and yet Butler and Tomlin keep putting them in zones... and they are still doing well.

Are they a GREAT team nope not yet anyways but they definitley are not as bad as the 1-4 record eludes to them being.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 3:01 am

The 49ers are still undefeated and crushed the new NFL darling Browns. The Steelers were a fumble away from beating that same 49ers team with Rudolph making his first career start.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 7:29 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
The 49ers are still undefeated and crushed the new NFL darling Browns. The Steelers were a fumble away from beating that same 49ers team with Rudolph making his first career start.

I told a guy who is a Browns fan last year that pretty soon we'd have to start hating them again pretty soon. Not quite there yet but close. This team is... 1797695198
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 2:10 pm

Cowher used to always say there was a thin line between winning and losing in the NFL and obviously we're on the wrong side of that line right now. The team easily could be 3-2 or even 4-1. I never give up hope until we get much later in the season. Especially given the state of the division standings. Everyone believed the Browns were a SB contender after they beat the Ravens then they score 3 in SF. In 95 we were 3-4 when Cowher declared the new season started then. The team went on an 8-1 streak which would have been 9-0 except for a drop in the Green Bay end zone.

That being said things don't feel real good right now. 1988 was the worst season I personally followed the Steelers. I'm hoping it doesn't fall to that level. I never trade wins for draft position but in a lost season at least it feels good that they pick high the next year. I'm not criticizing the trade...only wishing draft was still something to look forward to if all else failed.

This off topic but I'm about sick of the status quo in the NFL. Every single year you pretty much know the cheats are going to be there. I'm sick to death of hearing how great a QB approaching mid 40's is when you can't hit him. His name doesn't belong in the debate with the greats who were done when they hit mid 30's because the rules were different. It's like comparing baseball power hitters from the pre and post Deadball era.

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 3:29 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Cowher used to always say there was a thin line between winning and losing in the NFL and obviously we're on the wrong side of that line right now. The team easily could be 3-2 or even 4-1. I never give up hope until we get much later in the season. Especially given the state of the division standings. Everyone believed the Browns were a SB contender after they beat the Ravens then they score 3 in SF. In 95 we were 3-4 when Cowher declared the new season started then. The team went on an 8-1 streak which would have been 9-0 except for a drop in the Green Bay end zone.

That being said things don't feel real good right now. 1988 was the worst season I personally followed the Steelers. I'm hoping it doesn't fall to that level. I never trade wins for draft position but in a lost season at least it feels good that they pick high the next year. I'm not criticizing the trade...only wishing draft was still something to look forward to if all else failed.

This off topic but I'm about sick of the status quo in the NFL. Every single year you pretty much know the cheats are going to be there. I'm sick to death of hearing how great a QB approaching mid 40's is when you can't hit him. His name doesn't belong in the debate with the greats who were done when they hit mid 30's because the rules were different. It's like comparing baseball power hitters from the pre and post Deadball era.

Very valid point about how the game has changed regarding QB's.  I still remember Bradshaw being suplexed directly onto his head and going into convulsions on the field.  Today, that defensive player would be suspended for the year.  I don't recall him even being ejected (not even sure if we got 15 yards but we might have).

Anyway Bradshaw went off on a stretcher...came back in the 2nd half and completed the game.

Different rules for different QB's.  Imagine how long Brady would last if he had to take hits like the one Mason took on Sunday.  Of course, in his defense, he's learned to protect himself and get rid of the ball fast.  He almost never takes a hit anymore.  But if he did, you can bet there would be a flag.

Last edited by nine vegetable on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : auto correct. Suplexed not Duplexed.)
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 4:37 pm

@nine vegetable wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:

Very valid point about how the game has changed regarding QB's.  I still remember Bradshaw being duplexed directly onto his head and going into convulsions on the field.  Today, that defensive player would beBurfict and he would be suspended for the year.  I don't recall him even being ejected (not even sure if we got 15 yards but we might have).There was no penalty. Back then that was a legal hit.

Anyway Bradshaw went off on a stretcher...came back in the 2nd half and completed the game.

Different rules for different QB's.  Imagine how long Brady would last if he had to take hits like the one Mason took on Sunday.  Of course, in his defense, he's learned to protect himself and get rid of the ball fast.  He almost never takes a hit anymore.  But if he did, you can bet there would be a flag.

QBs were tough back then because that had to be.Brady is a very good QB with today's rules. He wouldn't have lasted 5 years in the 70s. A lot of WRs today wouldn't have lasted long back then. The middle of the field was ground zero. You knew when you caught the ball someone was coming to take your head off.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 4:51 pm

Yup Bradshaw ruled the 70s... Montana the 80s... tough SOBs that took serious shots got up and played the game till they couldnt play anymore.

Today's NFL is a shadow of what it used to be.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 4:58 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Yup Bradshaw ruled the 70s... Montana the 80s... tough SOBs that took serious shots got up and played the game till they couldnt play anymore.

Today's NFL is a shadow of what it used to be.

Yeah, imagine if Bradshaw or Montanna made it to their mid 40's. Different eras and different ways to excel within those eras. But don't tell me marcia is better than those guys. It took him until early 40's to surpass what Bradshaw and Montanna did in their 30's. And, to my knowledge, Bradshaw and Montanna didn't have that little extra help getting their first 3 rings.

This team is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team is...   This team is... Empty

Back to top Go down

This team is...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: