HomeSteelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Dolphins

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:08 pm

Not a good first half start but not a terrible one. Couldn't expect Bos to make that. Time for the defense to step up and keep the score the same.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:19 pm

O is clicking.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:23 pm

Great play by JuJu!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:25 pm

Looks like Mason is shaking off the rust. Going through his reads, and making better throws. Having Rosie back has definitely helped the running game. Juju finally able to make some plays, Dolpins playing with fire trying to cover him 1 on 1. Need to keep pounding the rock on a tired, less talented Dolphins defense.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:39 pm

Holyshit a successful challenge!!!!
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:42 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

How about those announcers, who basically admitted that the QB was short, then when the challenge was successful, seemed to back the fins? WTH?
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:43 pm

Back to the game, need another TD right here.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:48 pm

Gotta finish this drive

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:51 pm

They just needed some time to wake up. Of course we always want them to dominate out the gate but leads are leads and wins are wins

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 10:51 pm

Connor running very hard tonight. Its great to see.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 11:10 pm

Watt!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 11:48 pm

Why is there a post about Duck on the Facebook instead of just celebrating the win?

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 11:49 pm

As Pittsburgh dad said "3...2...1.... Win and bed"

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 6:53 am

They could not have played much worse for most of the first half. The second half they were a different team. I hope Mason picks up next week where he left off.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 7:38 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

How about those announcers, who basically admitted that the QB was short, then when the challenge was successful, seemed to back the fins?  WTH?

Booger McFarland was trying to side with the Dolphins, the other announcers said they thought he was short, including whichever officiating person they were talking to.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 9:44 am

Well I thought once again the officiating was very poor. The OPI on Johnson should have been called DPI before the flag was even thrown. I'm not defending our WRs because they weren't getting open early but they were also getting mugged out there with no flags.
I look at this game like a "war of attrition". A test of our fortitude. We passed but this is Miami.

We'll have to start faster than this going forward. There was some poor tackling going on when the Dolphins scored that second TD. That is exactly the kind of play that has cost us games.
Start faster,get open and run block good enough to make Sarrett proud.
Sure tackling,disrupt/sack the passer. Take advantage of every chance for a turnover.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 5:23 am

@SteelersYak wrote:
Why is there a post about Duck on the Facebook instead of just celebrating the win?

Apologies, normally I try to share whatever post the Official Steelers Page shares in regards to a win but it slipped my mind.

I usually try to post things that I think will garner a bit of discussion, I try to get people involved in commenting. One of the hot topics during the game that people were bringing up on other pages was the contingent of fans calling for Duck over Rudolph, so I played off of that.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 11:48 am

Steelers sure can beat the defeated teams now they got to work on the teams that have a few wins. Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 1797695198 just talking some garbage.

I tell ya this has been one wild first half of the a season, loss two probowlers contracts then the future HOF QB goes down for the year then Mason takes over as starter looks really good then he gets knocked out this is the wild part for me an undrafted QB the Steelers pick up preseason comes in and looks really good.

and the defense, working in a few new players and a rookie MLB I see working better together now then they were at the start of the season. Dislike the losses but I've enjoy watching the season so far games been close Steelers players still playing hard. I think the Steelers might be coming into something?

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 5:05 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
Steelers sure can beat the defeated teams now they got to work on the teams that have a few wins. Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 1797695198 just talking some garbage.

I tell ya this has been one wild first half of the a season, loss two probowlers contracts then the future HOF QB goes down for the year then Mason takes over as starter looks really good then he gets knocked out this is the wild part for me an undrafted QB the Steelers pick up preseason comes in and looks really good.

and the defense, working in a few new players and a rookie MLB I see working better together now then they were at the start of the season. Dislike the losses but I've enjoy watching the season so far games been close Steelers players still playing hard. I think the Steelers might be coming into something?

I'll agree with that. I really feel like they are developing something on D and possibly grooming the future at QB. The D should be really good by next year. The losses do suck but it feels like they are pointed in the right direction. When I watch the Pirates it just feels like they are losing and sinking deeper than the year before. Hoping we are building something with the Steelers this year.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 5:17 pm

I really like what I've seen from the team this year. We lack talent on offense (we have a some very good pieces, but absolutely no depth), but our defense is outstanding and playing hard.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 5:57 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
I really like what I've seen from the team this year. We lack talent on offense (we have a some very good pieces, but absolutely no depth), but our defense is outstanding and playing hard.

I agree. All that needs to happen is for Pouncey to start blocking better while Mason builds chemistry with the WRs. I look for Johnson to have the kind of year Ju Ju had last year.
We're under the radar and the attitude with this group is pretty good.
I think we'll finish in the top 10 defensively at least. If the offense starts jumping out in front of opponents this team could be dangerous. All that being said we need to win the AFCN to make it to the playoffs I believe.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 5:45 am

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

I agree. All that needs to happen is for Pouncey to start blocking better while Mason builds chemistry with the WRs. I look for Johnson to have the kind of year Ju Ju had last year.
I think we'll finish in the top 10 defensively at least. If the offense starts jumping out in front of opponents this team could be dangerous. All that being said we need to win the AFCN to make it to the playoffs I believe.

Pouncey is just having an off season all around it seems. Kind of wonder if age is catching up to the guy a little bit. I mean he's only 30 years old, but he has been injured off and on and center can be a very physically taxing position to play.

I hope I'm wrong, and he's just a bit off kilter and finds his way back to his pro bowl ways.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 10:24 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

Pouncey is just having an off season all around it seems. Kind of wonder if age is catching up to the guy a little bit. I mean he's only 30 years old, but he has been injured off and on and center can be a very physically taxing position to play.

I hope I'm wrong, and he's just a bit off kilter and finds his way back to his pro bowl ways.

Isn't his brother Mike on IR with the Chargers? I know he didn't play against us. Here I found it:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001063926/article/chargers-place-pro-bowl-c-mike-pouncey-on-ir

And he's played one less year than Maurkice.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 8:50 pm

I'll bet you anything the Steelers invest early in the draft in an O lineman - perhaps their first pick (round 2 at this point). Its appearing to about be that time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins   Steelers vs. Dolphins - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Dolphins
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: