Home(Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

(Week 11) Steelers @ Browns

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
nine vegetable

(Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 10:50 pm

Minkah we need you!
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 10:57 pm

Seriously. 4th and 1. GOT to be able to convert that.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 10:58 pm

4th and 1? Shotgun. And the O line leaks like a sieve.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 11:00 pm

There's a tight end, you slip him out and pass to him for a yard.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 11:02 pm

^ That.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 11:07 pm

Another 3rd and short, no conversion.

In that case, the receiver needs to come back for it and shield the defender with his body. That one was not on Rudolph.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 11:10 pm

We really, really need a defensive turnover right now.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 11:16 pm

I said defensive turnover, not offensive.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 11:17 pm

@jak341 wrote:
We really, really need a defensive turnover right now.
I'm sure that's not the turnover you were looking for.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 11:26 pm

They need to get Mason out of there. At this point this is not doing him any good.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 11:26 pm

Mason has accuracy issues long...
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 11:36 pm

Was really nice seeing Tomlin coming in and screwing the pooch and getting totally out coached. 9-7 at best. Wouldn't be surprised at 8-8. Talk of playoffs should now be pretty much all but ended.

I'm sorry but this coach of the year business needs to stop. The guy may be good but he's not great and it's the Browns.

Mason isn't the QB of the future. It's gonna suck hard when Ben is gone. Team may have a real shot next year with such a great defense. Need more WR talent though. That offense is remarkably bad.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 1505004552
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 11:42 pm

Assault charge against that Brown player?
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 12:06 am

Well I was keeping tabs at work couldn't watch though and I'm glad. What a horrible showing. I think it's safe to say Rudolph is not the future, he literally has done nothing to show otherwise. Duck should have been in there tonight. Now we lose 2 WRs and conner again this season turned from hopeful to a nightmare in one game. Unreal
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 12:56 am

What a miserable game. Screw the Browns. They beat up on a crippled team with a back up QB who is not up to the task and think they won the freakin SB. Screw their fans too. Take a look at the standings...you'll be home for the holidays like us Steelers fans. Oh, and by the way, screw Garret too.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 1:11 am

Caught the tail end getting ready for work. Garrett is an absolute scumbag. Late hit, then rip the dude's helmet off by the facemask and hit him over the top of his head with it?

Even Steve Smith was calling him out for how stupid that was, and Steve Smith was a huge hothead. Baker Mayfield even discreetly ripped him for it in the post game interview.

Garrett is probably going to be suspended for the remainder of the season after that. That being said I wonder if Pouncey will just be fined, or if he'll catch a suspension as well. Pouncey I feel like he was just defending his Quarterback from a guy that just used a helmet as a weapon. If they fine him, whatever, but if they suspend Pouncey that's BS. I'd of done the same thing Pouncey did in that situation, you don't let someone do that to your quarterback period.

The Browns benefited from having more talent on offense, and the Steelers having to go into a rivalry match-up and an away game on a short week after a tough game last Sunday against a much better opponent in the Rams. Thursday Night Football is a joke, and so is the scheduler having the Steelers play the Browns on a short week in Cleveland, then having them play the Bengals in Cinci, and the Browns again back-to-back-to-back. Divisional matches should be spread throughout the season, not bunched up in back to back weeks with short weeks mixed in. With all the injuries tonight we saw just how that's a recipe for disaster.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 am

Horrible scene by Myles Garrett, he will be suspended for the year, no doubt about it.

Really surprising that he did that. He's a great player, I certainly didn't expect something like that.

As for Mason Rudolph - undoubtedly his worst game at QB. 4 INTs, also 4 fumbles (but all recovered by the Steelers). Perfect storm of things didn't help: losing Ju Ju, then Dionte. Line played terrible. Conner out. The most un-talked about factor in my opinion: Nix on IR. He's the true key to our running game.

Still and all, just a terrible game for Mason. He will learn from it. Not even close to throwing in the towel on him though. The time to evaluate is after the season. Let's see where he goes from here. He has to make improvements. He's very smart and he works very hard - so here's hoping he quickly puts this one behind him and has better games ahead.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 2:39 am

I like Rudolph the dude wants to win, and he is doing the best he can with what he's got right now. The offensive line really needs to step up their blocking. They were absolutely horrible tonight. I will give them a bit of a break though, because they just came off of a very tough game going up against the likes of Aaron Donald who is arguably the best defensive player in the entirety of the NFL. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these TNF games are a joke. They are almost always one-sided and injury riddled. The NFL needs to eliminate Thursday Night Football all-together in my opinion.

That being said Rudolph was getting blasted all game long, and the running game wasn't doing anything to help take some of the pressure off of him. We weren't even one dimensional, we just couldn't do anything well offensively. Then you factor in injuries to a team that is already riding the struggle bus offensively and things just got even worse.

This will be a gut check, and learning experience for the entire team. I expect them to get back on track against the Bengals, and you know they have the Brownies rematch circled on the schedule now because they are definitely going to want to pay them back after tonight's game.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 3:16 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I like Rudolph the dude wants to win, and he is doing the best he can with what he's got right now. The offensive line really needs to step up their blocking. They were absolutely horrible tonight. I will give them a bit of a break though, because they just came off of a very tough game going up against the likes of Aaron Donald who is arguably the best defensive player in the entirety of the NFL. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these TNF games are a joke. They are almost always one-sided and injury riddled. The NFL needs to eliminate Thursday Night Football all-together in my opinion.

That being said Rudolph was getting blasted all game long, and the running game wasn't doing anything to help take some of the pressure off of him. We weren't even one dimensional, we just couldn't do anything well offensively. Then you factor in injuries to a team that is already riding the struggle bus offensively and things just got even worse.

This will be a gut check, and learning experience for the entire team. I expect them to get back on track against the Bengals, and you know they have the Brownies rematch circled on the schedule now because they are definitely going to want to pay them back after tonight's game.

We will beat the Bengals next week and if we get any of these players back I think the Steelers rise up, smash them in the mouth, and win browns round 2 despite how badly things went tonight. Not sure about Rudolph and the future. He'd be better off with better line play and a running game but his throws worry me at times. Ben had Bus and Duce Staley his rookie year and they could run over anyone. I do think if Ben is able to come back they go with him the next 2 years.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 3:33 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

We will beat the Bengals next week and if we get any of these players back I think the Steelers rise up, smash them in the mouth, and win browns round 2 despite how badly things went tonight. Not sure about Rudolph and the future.  He'd be better off with better line play and a running game but his throws worry me at times. Ben had Bus and Duce Staley his rookie year and they could run over anyone. I do think if Ben is able to come back they go with him the next 2 years.

Next year's draft and free agency are going to be important. WR is going to be a top need. I'd even say RB will be a need because of Conner's inability to stay healthy. Wouldn't hurt to bolster the o-line either. Definitely should be an offense heavy draft, though we're not exactly stacked with draft picks come 2020.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 4:53 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

We will beat the Bengals next week and if we get any of these players back I think the Steelers rise up, smash them in the mouth, and win browns round 2 despite how badly things went tonight. Not sure about Rudolph and the future.  He'd be better off with better line play and a running game but his throws worry me at times. Ben had Bus and Duce Staley his rookie year and they could run over anyone. I do think if Ben is able to come back they go with him the next 2 years.

Next year's draft and free agency are going to be important. WR is going to be a top need. I'd even say RB will be a need because of Conner's inability to stay healthy. Wouldn't hurt to bolster the o-line either. Definitely should be an offense heavy draft, though we're not exactly stacked with draft picks come 2020.

Yeah, I would agree on Conner. They need to find someone more durable. Also agree they need to pull some of their past WR magic and get one draft this year. Maybe get a vet RB free agency to go with Conner and go round 2 or 3 for WR. If they lose DuPree like everyone expects may be looking at a LB early again too.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 5:32 am

What a lousy performance by the OL. They were getting mauled all game long. Maybe it's time to cut Sarrett loose. Or maybe these guys all got old over night. It's hard to say if Fitchner's play calling sucked because none of the plays on offense lasted long enough to be able to tell.

The Browns did to us exactly what I said we needed to do to beat them. They stopped our run and lived in our backfield all damn night. Sure we lost our #1,# 3 WRs and our #1 RB but that doesn't excuse the horrific play by Pouncey,Decastro,AV and Fieler. At least Foster has the rusty excuse but all trails lead to Sarrett not getting these guy's attention.
The only way this game could have been worse would have been having to listen to Dan Fouts say something really stupid like "Miles Garrett was just doing his job" when he attacked MR with his own helmet.

IMHO Cleveland played a DIRTY game last night and got away with a ton of non-calls. That being said that's not the reason we lost. We just played like shit. PERIOD!!!
Credit to TJ and Bud for giving it all they had. I can't figure out why McCullers was in the game at all. Yeah he looked like a man on a mission,seek and destroy...any chance of stopping anyone with a penalty.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 6:42 am

I'll tell you who I thought sucked last night, at least for the 1st Half was Keith Butler.

When are they going to learn to stop playing a bunch of zone against teams with elite receivers that pick apart zone defenses? Butler is must be submissive or something, keeps taking a pounding and then coming back and asking for more of it. (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 1797695198

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 7:26 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'll tell you who I thought sucked last night, at least for the 1st Half was Keith Butler.

When are they going to learn to stop playing a bunch of zone against teams with elite receivers that pick apart zone defenses? Butler is must be submissive or something, keeps taking a pounding and then coming back and asking for more of it. (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 1797695198

Honestly it looked to me like Tomlin was in complete control of the defense last night. They showed them huddled around Tomlin on the sideline more than once. I'm not sure Butler is calling the shots any right now.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 8:16 am

@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Honestly it looked to me like Tomlin was in complete control of the defense last night. They showed them huddled around Tomlin on the sideline more than once. I'm not sure Butler is calling the shots any right now.

I think that was Tomlin trying to motivate his guys, pretty sure Butler is still making most of the calls. Just looked like Tomlin was trying to light a fire under their asses to me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

(Week 11) Steelers @ Browns
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: