Home(Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

(Week 11) Steelers @ Browns

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

(Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 1:51 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'll tell you who I thought sucked last night, at least for the 1st Half was Keith Butler.

When are they going to learn to stop playing a bunch of zone against teams with elite receivers that pick apart zone defenses? Butler is must be submissive or something, keeps taking a pounding and then coming back and asking for more of it. (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 1797695198

Honestly it looked to me like Tomlin was in complete control of the defense last night. They showed them huddled around Tomlin on the sideline more than once. I'm not sure Butler is calling the shots any right now.

I think that was Tomlin trying to motivate his guys, pretty sure Butler is still making most of the calls. Just looked like Tomlin was trying to light a fire under their asses to me.

Hard to say. I bet we can agree that whichever one it is is doing a lousy job. It's not like we do not have DBs that cam play man. I thought after last year man was going to be mostly what we played this year.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 6:28 pm

Our Oline is older and the Browns D line is a lot younger. The 4 day turn around was hard for our oline to recover from playing Donald and the rest of the Rams.

We beat them in two and a half weeks.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 7:18 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Our Oline is older and the Browns D line is a lot younger. The 4 day turn around was hard for our oline to recover from playing Donald and the rest of the Rams.

We beat them in two and a half weeks.

I'm with you. They can lose the rest but I want them to kick brown ass in Pittsburgh

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 7:21 pm

With Juju and Johnson in concussion protocol now, I wonder if they are going to pick up a receiver or 2 or just stay with what we have. Not like it would take much to get a new receiver up to speed.. run your route, adjust to a ball that is either over-thrown or under-thrown. If the ball manages to hit you in your hands, drop it.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 8:19 pm

@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'll tell you who I thought sucked last night, at least for the 1st Half was Keith Butler.

When are they going to learn to stop playing a bunch of zone against teams with elite receivers that pick apart zone defenses? Butler is must be submissive or something, keeps taking a pounding and then coming back and asking for more of it. (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 1797695198

Honestly it looked to me like Tomlin was in complete control of the defense last night. They showed them huddled around Tomlin on the sideline more than once. I'm not sure Butler is calling the shots any right now.

I think that was Tomlin trying to motivate his guys, pretty sure Butler is still making most of the calls. Just looked like Tomlin was trying to light a fire under their asses to me.

Hard to say. I bet we can agree that whichever one it is is doing a lousy job. It's not like we do not have DBs that cam play man. I thought after last year man was going to be mostly what we played this year.

Yeah I don't get why we re-sign Haden, and bring in Nelson so we can still run the same old soft zone BS against teams that have the personnel to beat it. The Browns have OBJ and Jarvis Landry so you run zone and give them cushion and room to run? I was laughing out loud at it. If you take away the stupid big plays they got against our zone the Browns didn't do a lot offensively outside of that.

Next game we need to match up on them man to man and get physical with their receivers. Force Mayfield to have to throw it accurately into tight windows and give the pass rush a little more time to hit home.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 9:48 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I like Rudolph the dude wants to win, and he is doing the best he can with what he's got right now. The offensive line really needs to step up their blocking. They were absolutely horrible tonight. I will give them a bit of a break though, because they just came off of a very tough game going up against the likes of Aaron Donald who is arguably the best defensive player in the entirety of the NFL. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these TNF games are a joke. They are almost always one-sided and injury riddled. The NFL needs to eliminate Thursday Night Football all-together in my opinion.

I already said that I feared this game because it was on a Thursday night. They should schedule these TNF games for teams coming of a bye so that they have enough time to prepare and to heal up from the previous game.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 3:08 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I like Rudolph the dude wants to win, and he is doing the best he can with what he's got right now. The offensive line really needs to step up their blocking. They were absolutely horrible tonight. I will give them a bit of a break though, because they just came off of a very tough game going up against the likes of Aaron Donald who is arguably the best defensive player in the entirety of the NFL. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these TNF games are a joke. They are almost always one-sided and injury riddled. The NFL needs to eliminate Thursday Night Football all-together in my opinion.

I already said that I feared this game because it was on a Thursday night. They should schedule these TNF games for teams coming of a bye so that they have enough time to prepare and to heal up from the previous game.

I feel like we see a different game in Pittsburgh. Despite how badly this one was going it was still 14-7 with a few minutes to go before the Rudolph INT and this despite playing with what looked like a pre-season after halftime line up. Hopefully some of these guys are back by then. 4 of the last 6 on the road really sucks

solardave

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 6:26 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I feel like we see a different game in Pittsburgh. Despite how badly this one was going it was still 14-7 with a few minutes to go before the Rudolph INT and this despite playing with what looked like a pre-season after halftime line up. Hopefully some of these guys are back by then. 4 of the last 6 on the road really sucks

It appears to me that the Browns want to win by intimidating. That's all well and good if you play within the rules. Hitting defenseless receivers helmet to helmet 4 or 5 times a game is not within the rules. That's playing dirty. I too think we'll see a different game in a few weeks at home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns   (Week 11) Steelers @ Browns - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

(Week 11) Steelers @ Browns
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: