Home2020 draft situation Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

2020 draft situation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

2020 draft situation Empty
PostSubject: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 5:36 pm

doesnt look good considering it looks like they need more than they did last season...2020 draft situation 1505004552 ...was Devin bush or minkah worth it ? so far the minkah deal has paid dividens, but bush...jury is still out.

Round 1

None. The Steelers traded their 2020 first-round pick to the Miami Dolphins for safety Minkah Fitzpatrick. The Steelers also swapped picks in later rounds in the 2020 and 2021 drafts.
Round 2

The Steelers have their regularly scheduled draft pick for the second round in 2020.
Round 3

The Steelers no longer have their third-round pick which they used during the 2019 draft in order to trade up for Devin Bush. Therefore, the Broncos currently hold the Steelers third-round selection. But the Steelers are currently in line for a projected third-round compensatory draft pick due to the departure of Le’Veon Bell.
Round 4

The Steelers currently have two fourth-round picks in the 2020 NFL draft. Not only do they still have their original draft choice, they also received an additional fourth-round pick from the Miami Dolphins as part of the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade. What has not been reported is if the pick which was traded to Pittsburgh was the Dolphins original selection or the draft pick they received from the Tennessee Titans in the Ryan Tannehill trade.
Round 5

Less than three weeks ago the Steelers held two fifth-round draft picks by picking up a selection from the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for Joshua Dobbs. Since that time, the Steelers have traded away both picks. In order to gain the fourth-round selection from the Dolphins, the Steelers traded away one of their fifth-round picks in the 2020 draft. Additionally, the Steelers traded their other fifth-round selection to Seattle for TE Nick Vannett. It is unclear which pick went to which team in the trades, but either way the Steelers have no selections in the fifth round.
Round 6 & 7

The Steelers currently possess both of their selections in the sixth and seventh rounds of the 2020 draft.
Future picks

In the 2021 draft, the Steelers have traded their sixth round pick to the Dolphins in exchange for their seventh round pick in order to complete the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade. The Steelers also received a seventh-round pick from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for tackle Jerald Hawkins.

So there are the selections the Steelers currently have for the 2020 draft. In all, the Steelers have six selections, four less than what they had entering the 2019 draft. Although the Steelers no longer have a first-round pick, if the compensatory formula falls where it is currently projected, they will still have four selections in the first four rounds.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 8:30 pm

Yes they were both worth it.

They have flipped the Steelers' D into a Top 5 defense, which will pay huge dividends down the road.

QB is still unsettled, if Ben comes back then that is settled for another year. If not, well....

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 10:51 pm

@nine vegetable wrote:
Yes they were both worth it.

They have flipped the Steelers' D into a Top 5 defense, which will pay huge dividends down the road.

QB is still unsettled, if Ben comes back then that is settled for another year.  If not, well....

top 5 ? maybe in sacks and int...but not any other category . they may be top 10.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/table/passing/sort/netTotalYards/dir/asc
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 12:32 am

I'm not gonna argue a placement of ranking. But I will reiterate that they were both worth the moves made to acquire them.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 3:57 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
I'm not gonna argue a placement of ranking.  But I will reiterate that they were both worth the moves made to acquire them.  

I agree they were both worth it. They both make things happen. Good things like the forced fumble yesterday.

Anyone who can't see the turn around on defense with these 2 on the field is not paying attention.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 1:20 pm

@solardave wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
I'm not gonna argue a placement of ranking.  But I will reiterate that they were both worth the moves made to acquire them.  

I agree they were both worth it. They both make things happen. Good things like the forced fumble yesterday.

Anyone who can't see the turn around on defense with these 2 on the field is not paying attention.

and think DB playing really well as a rookie, imo he's going to be a monster inside the Steelers defense next season. looks to me Bud Dupree is a better DE the he's an OLB.

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 1:29 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:

and think DB playing really well as a rookie, imo he's going to be a monster inside the Steelers defense next season. looks to me Bud Dupree is a better DE the he's an OLB.
Agree 100%. Devin Bush has done very well and is only going to get better. Great move trading up to snag him.

I like everything about Minkah. What a great deal in my opinion. Only reason to miss not having our #1 pick is if we were going to go QB in round one. But if we decide that QB is what we need, Tua may be available in Round 2 now since his injury....
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 3:54 pm

@nine vegetable wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:

Agree 100%.  Devin Bush has done very well and is only going to get better.  Great move trading up to snag him.

I like everything about Minkah.  What a great deal in my opinion.  Only reason to miss not having our #1 pick is if we were going to go QB in round one.  But if we decide that QB is what we need, Tua may be available in Round 2 now since his injury....

Even with the injury I see him going in the first but I would be happy to get him in the second. Think anyone would be crazy enough to give up their 1st for Pouncey? 2020 draft situation 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 6:26 pm

@solardave wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:

Agree 100%.  Devin Bush has done very well and is only going to get better.  Great move trading up to snag him.

I like everything about Minkah.  What a great deal in my opinion.  Only reason to miss not having our #1 pick is if we were going to go QB in round one.  But if we decide that QB is what we need, Tua may be available in Round 2 now since his injury....

Even with the injury I see him going in the first but I would be  happy to get him in the second. Think anyone would be crazy enough to give up their 1st for Pouncey? 2020 draft situation 1797695198
yep...he might not go top 15, but he wont slide out of the first. i got the same feeling about him as i had for patrick mahomes. god forbid he some how ends up on the Patriots*. the qb situation in the NFL is so bad because of all the busts coming out of college, teams are desperate.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 11:28 pm

@nine vegetable wrote:

I'll agree with this too. I think the D is looking really good now and even better for the future. If we had an offense and the D could spend less time on the field they'd probably be a lot better this year.

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 11:44 pm

does anyone else find it bizarre that with the steelers it is one or the other or 2/3rds at most ? for years we had a good run game and great D, but had no passing game...then the passing game comes around and the defense goes to shit...now the defense gets some life and the offense goes to shit...what gives ? 2020 draft situation 2829330259

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 11:55 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
does anyone else find it bizarre that with the steelers it is one or the other or 2/3 rds at most ? for years we had a good run game and great D, but had no passing game...then the passing game comes around and the defense goes to shit...now the defense gets some life and the offense goes to shit...what gives ? 2020 draft situation 2829330259

2020 draft situation 230572241  I've been thinking the same thing all season....if only we had a top 10 QB and/or a traditional Steelers running game....

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 9:49 am

Its not easy building a balanced team with the salary cap and FA. Thats why you have to appreciate getting to the playoffs consistently. Steelers fans are just spoiled they have done so well for so long the expectations are often unrealistic.
Look at teams that havent even got a whiff of the playoffs for years and talk to their fans and you will get a better perspective of things.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 10:46 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Its not easy building a balanced team with the salary cap and FA. Thats why you have to appreciate getting to the playoffs consistently. Steelers fans are just spoiled they have done so well for so long the expectations are often unrealistic.
Look at teams that havent even got a whiff of the playoffs for years and talk to their fans and you will get a better perspective of things.

Don't forget the Steelers were on the losing end for over 40 years. I doubt any of us remember much of that. I remember from the early to mid 70s. Yeah we are spoiled yet a lot of the teams you mention have fair weather fans too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2020 draft situation   2020 draft situation Empty

Back to top Go down

2020 draft situation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: