HomeMason Rudolph to IR Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mason Rudolph to IR

Go down 
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 10:47 am

Hodges backup up by Lynch.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001091540/article/steelers-place-qb-mason-rudolph-shoulder-on-ir
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 11:10 am

If hodges cant beat a 2nd string ravens team then he really sucks
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 1:04 pm

Sorry but the Ravens will probably still win. If you don't think RG3 is better than any of the QB's on our roster, you haven't been paying attention.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Let Lynch play Hodges is dog shit.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Nobody was talking about him like that a few weeks ago. The kid's got something going for him. I don't know what has happened, lost confidence or what - but I hope he bounces back. Seems like a good kid.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 1:04 am

If the offense plays like they've played the past two weeks then we're not going to win this game. What frustrates me the most about this season is our offense, our defense has been so good, keeping us in games that teams with lesser defenses would've been blown out in. Every single game has been winnable this season outside of the Week 1 game against the Patriots****. I truly believe we have a championship caliber defense, and it's sad that we've finally put that together only to have the offense completely fall apart when the offense was the strength of the team for so many years.

I still think our team is dangerous just because of the defense, the defense turns every game into a slugfest. If they can generate turnovers, and score points on the defensive side we have a chance to win against any team. I still believe that, despite the fact we've dropped the last two games.

If I was to be brutally honest, our offensive guys are soft. Remember earlier in the season (I believe following the 49ers game) when the offense cost us a game and the defense went extra hard in practice and the offensive guys took exception to it? This offensive unit as a whole needs to be tougher. All of them. You should want to practice like you play. Guys are soft and it shows week after week with the injuries on that side of the ball. Conner can't even take a simple tackle and he's hurt in some way. In the Jets game he sat out for a freaking thigh bruise when we needed him the most, in a game that had playoff implications. I hate to question his toughness knowing his backstory, but do you think AP would've sat out for that? Same with Rudolph. Ben's played through nasty injuries, he injured his non-throwing shoulder is my understanding. Do you think Ben would've sat the rest of the game out?

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

The only way Lynch should see the field is if Hodges either completely stinks up the joint, or Hodges gets hurt. Lynch is not very good and the only reason he got a job was because we needed a third QB on the roster. There's a reason nobody else had snatched Lynch up prior to us picking him up. Honestly I'm surprised he's not in the XFL at this point considering he wasn't with any NFL team in 2018.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 2:54 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
If the offense plays like they've played the past two weeks then we're not going to win this game. What frustrates me the most about this season is our offense, our defense has been so good, keeping us in games that teams with lesser defenses would've been blown out in. Every single game has been winnable this season outside of the Week 1 game against the Patriots*****. I truly believe we have a championship caliber defense, and it's sad that we've finally put that together only to have the offense completely fall apart when the offense was the strength of the team for so many years.

I still think our team is dangerous just because of the defense, the defense turns every game into a slugfest. If they can generate turnovers, and score points on the defensive side we have a chance to win against any team. I still believe that, despite the fact we've dropped the last two games.

If I was to be brutally honest, our offensive guys are soft. Remember earlier in the season (I believe following the 49ers game) when the offense cost us a game and the defense went extra hard in practice and the offensive guys took exception to it? This offensive unit as a whole needs to be tougher. All of them. You should want to practice like you play. Guys are soft and it shows week after week with the injuries on that side of the ball. Conner can't even take a simple tackle and he's hurt in some way. In the Jets game he sat out for a freaking thigh bruise when we needed him the most, in a game that had playoff implications. I hate to question his toughness knowing his backstory, but do you think AP would've sat out for that? Same with Rudolph. Ben's played through nasty injuries, he injured his non-throwing shoulder is my understanding. Do you think Ben would've sat the rest of the game out?

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

The only way Lynch should see the field is if Hodges either completely stinks up the joint, or Hodges gets hurt. Lynch is not very good and the only reason he got a job was because we needed a third QB on the roster. There's a reason nobody else had snatched Lynch up prior to us picking him up. Honestly I'm surprised he's not in the XFL at this point considering he wasn't with any NFL team in 2018.

This is a good post. It's little consolation now as we watch other teams rest players game 16, and those playing for seeding, but the D we now have is going to make the next few years strong. Even if Ben doesn't come back; if they can get even an average vet QB, and a RB or 2 free agency, we could be right in the thick of things next year at this time. Cowher made several deep playoff runs with strong Ds, strong running games, and average QBs.

Still hoping for a playoff appearance this year. It wouldn't likely be more than one game, but I think a major gold star  for the Pittsburgh Steelers and show the NFL world the type organization they are   Mason Rudolph to IR 1948569602

Wishing all you Steelers friends on this board a Happy Holiday Season  Mason Rudolph to IR 230572241

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 11:47 pm

Yeah I just want them to get into the playoffs just to say they did it. Sadly though they now won't be able to say they did it under their own Merritt. They need the Titans to lose and that's no small task - let alone beating the Ravens.

Losing to the Jets absolutely pissed me off. I get that there are key injuries but when is someone gonna be held responsible for losing to bad teams? That game left a truly horrible taste in my mouth. The Bills game hurt but they were in that one until the very last second against a very good Bills defense. Actually that right there is why losing to the Jets is inexcusable. The 2019 Jets are like the 2016-2018 Steelers. Strong LB core but weak secondary. That the offense had trouble exploiting it shoes how weak they are on that side of the ball.

Idk about drafting a RB. You already got Snell. Whyte is turning out to be a steal especially if he can keep up what he's doing. Samuels sucks as a RB and honestly unless they exclusively use him as a WR then I'd let the guy walk. Who else do they have? All I'm saying is there are bigger priorities like offensive line and maybe another DB. I could be wrong here though. I personally think O line is what they need most. Ben would be getting killed if he was out there right now. That line went from one of the best to Swiss cheese and it honestly pisses me off. It's not helping the young QBs out in the slightest. They rush the play and make bad decisions.

If Ben didn't come back I'd be all for taking Dalton or someone else. However I do still hope Rudolph can become an NFL starter but we shall see. I saw him cringing on the sideline after the injury and just felt bad for the dude. He's had a rough season.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 3:49 pm

I don't blame everything on undrafted 3rd string QB Duck, left side of the o-line needs rebuilt all the WRs are real young same with the RBs this offense. this offense could really use this coming offseason to clean things it up.

would be great if a couple of good o-linemen fall to the Steelers this draft.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 6:10 am

@effyou515 wrote:
I don't blame everything on undrafted 3rd string QB Duck, left side of the o-line needs rebuilt all the WRs are real young same with the RBs this offense. this offense could really use this coming offseason to clean things it up.

I agree. Oline should be a priority. I think we need a RB who can stay healthy too.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 4:57 pm

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

I agree. Oline should be a priority. I think we need a RB who can stay healthy too.
I agree. On both accounts.
1st priority, a top-flight lineman - as good a lineman as we can get, even if we have to trade up to the 1st round.

I love Conner, and I think he's a really good back - when he's healthy, which hasn't been often. It would be good to pick up another good back.

And what has happened to Samuels? Is he banged up as well? I suspect he is. He was running well, and catching well out of the backfield fora. while, but hasn't given us much, and doesn't seem to be playing much these days. I'm definitely not giving up on him. I think he's dinged up.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 10:44 am

Mason's injury was far more serious than what was let on in the Jets game.

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/1212227074422910977?s=19
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 11:45 am

@jak341 wrote:
Mason's injury was far more serious than what was let on in the Jets game.

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/1212227074422910977?s=19

I had a feeling it was something pretty serious but not that serious. I hope he heals up fine.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 7:05 pm

Maybe.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/02/matt-williamson-sees-mason-rudolph-becoming-a-very-stablee-developed-no-2-qb/
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 9:43 pm

We had one of the worst run offenses in the league. Our WR core average age was 22 years old with 1.5 years experience. Juju was banged up. Conner was injured often not to mention Juju is still only 22 and he was the WR "Veteran"... oh and lets not forget Concrete hands Moncrief....

Put all of that together and is there any wonder how or why MR or Duck didn't have that great of a year? Maybe Ben could have done better but that's debatable all things considered.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 2:23 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
We had one of the worst run offenses in the league. Our WR core average age was 22 years old with 1.5 years experience. Juju was banged up. Conner was injured often not to mention Juju is still only 22 and he was the WR "Veteran"... oh and lets not forget Concrete hands Moncrief....

Put all of that together and is there any wonder how or why MR or Duck didn't have that great of a year? Maybe Ben could have done better but that's debatable all things considered.

I still don't blame Moncrief for performing so poorly. Sammie Coates looked to be a stud before he dislocated fingers in his hand. After that injury he fell off the face of the earth. Moncrief suffered the exact same injury in camp/preseason (can't remember when exactly), and it very obviously effected him. Your hands are so important as a receiver. I actually felt bad for him, people were ragging on the guy like he was doing it intentionally. Probably didn't help his confidence level any after he got hurt as well.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 9:51 am

Sure Iowa I can see your point but if you are hurt and can't get the job done say something instead of letting a great pass go right through your hands for an interception that helped the other team score points.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 7:01 pm

the left side of the o-line sucks that's what killing the Steelers offense and the rest of the o-line is getting old.

don't be fulled the o-line isn't one of the better lines in the NFL.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 7:30 pm

I can agree with that add in Pouncey... he played like dog shit this year too.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 4:54 am

As for the starting offensive line, Matt Feiler is the youngest at 27 years old. The only other player under 30 on the Steelers’ o-line is David DeCastro who is 29 and will turn 30 in January. While Maurkice Pouncey is considered to be possibly edging towards retirement, at 30 he is still younger than both Alejandro Villanueva (31) and Ramon Foster (33).

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/9/23/20879353/what-is-going-on-with-the-2019-pittsburgh-steelers-offensive-line-shaun-sarrett-maurkice-pouncey
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 11:32 am

Myles is doubling down. The knives on social media are coming out for Mason.

Myles Garrett again accuses Mason Rudolph of using a racial slur to spark their brawl in interview with Mina Kimes http://espn.com/app
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Pouncey and Foster were right there do you think they would be defending him as much as they have if Mason had said anything remotely close to Garrett is alleging. Both men have stated they heard nothing like that coming from MR.

Garrett is deflecting from his poor choice and action. Why didn't he come right out and say that after the game? He didn't because it didn't happen. Now he is trying to simply deflect and MR is the target. Pretty fucking pathetic on his part.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 2:27 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I still don't blame Moncrief for performing so poorly. Sammie Coates looked to be a stud before he dislocated fingers in his hand. After that injury he fell off the face of the earth. Moncrief suffered the exact same injury in camp/preseason (can't remember when exactly), and it very obviously effected him. Your hands are so important as a receiver. I actually felt bad for him, people were ragging on the guy like he was doing it intentionally. Probably didn't help his confidence level any after he got hurt as well.

has he had that injury since he came into the NFL ? i might accept that excuse but i seen what fans of the other NFL teams he played for has said. they were pretty happy to see him gone.

my guess would be the steelers will be the last suckers to ever hand him an NFL check.

ive noticed a pattern of this in my long time being a steeler fan. very often players who the steelers cut dont ever put on an NFL uniform again. i  predict when McCullers and chikillo get the axe their NFL careers will be over just like landry jones, steven ridley , arthur moats , sean spence and eli rodgers. good enough for pittsburghs roster, but not anyone elses. makes you wonder what they see in these guys to keep em around for as long as they do that nobody else does.... Mason Rudolph to IR 1401235891

i sound like a broken record always complaining about the steelers keeping sub par talent on the roster, but then i feel vindicated when the steelers finally do part ways with them and nobody else will give them a job. for every year, roster spot they occupy another guy who may be the one,  doesnt get a shot to prove they belong. i mean if a james harrison type was in training camp the last few years he would have gotten the axe to keep chikillo on the payroll.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 3:45 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

has he had that injury since he came into the NFL ? i might accept that excuse but i seen what fans of the other NFL teams he played for has said. they were pretty happy to see him gone.

my guess would be the steelers will be the last suckers to ever hand him an NFL check.

ive noticed a pattern of this in my long time being a steeler fan. very often players who the steelers cut dont ever put on an NFL uniform again. i  predict when McCullers and chikillo get the axe their NFL careers will be over just like landry jones, steven ridley , arthur moats , sean spence and eli rodgers. good enough for pittsburghs roster, but not anyone elses. makes you wonder what they see in these guys to keep em around for as long as they do that nobody else does.... Mason Rudolph to IR 1401235891

i sound like a broken record always complaining about the steelers keeping sub par talent on the roster, but then i feel vindicated when the steelers finally do part ways with them and nobody else will give them a job. for every year, roster spot they occupy another guy who may be the one,  doesnt get a shot to prove they belong. i mean if a james harrison type was in training camp the last few years he would have gotten the axe to keep chikillo on the payroll.

Dude I'm with you on Chickillo. I will say this about the guy, he's a decent special teams player, but that's it. He offers literally nothing at the OLB position. He has zero pass rushing skills, and is an easy out for any blocker. Can't stand that dude. Never seen a guy get that many snaps, and do almost nothing with them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR Empty

Back to top Go down

Mason Rudolph to IR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: