HomeMason Rudolph to IR Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share
 

 Mason Rudolph to IR

Go down 
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4688
Likes : 683
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 10:47 am

Hodges backup up by Lynch.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001091540/article/steelers-place-qb-mason-rudolph-shoulder-on-ir
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Posts : 513
Likes : 71
Join date : 2015-09-11

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 11:10 am

If hodges cant beat a 2nd string ravens team then he really sucks
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable



Posts : 584
Likes : 50
Join date : 2018-08-31

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 1:04 pm

Sorry but the Ravens will probably still win. If you don't think RG3 is better than any of the QB's on our roster, you haven't been paying attention.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1016
Likes : 148
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Let Lynch play Hodges is dog shit.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable



Posts : 584
Likes : 50
Join date : 2018-08-31

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Nobody was talking about him like that a few weeks ago. The kid's got something going for him. I don't know what has happened, lost confidence or what - but I hope he bounces back. Seems like a good kid.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3877
Likes : 1273
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 1:04 am

If the offense plays like they've played the past two weeks then we're not going to win this game. What frustrates me the most about this season is our offense, our defense has been so good, keeping us in games that teams with lesser defenses would've been blown out in. Every single game has been winnable this season outside of the Week 1 game against the Patriots****. I truly believe we have a championship caliber defense, and it's sad that we've finally put that together only to have the offense completely fall apart when the offense was the strength of the team for so many years.

I still think our team is dangerous just because of the defense, the defense turns every game into a slugfest. If they can generate turnovers, and score points on the defensive side we have a chance to win against any team. I still believe that, despite the fact we've dropped the last two games.

If I was to be brutally honest, our offensive guys are soft. Remember earlier in the season (I believe following the 49ers game) when the offense cost us a game and the defense went extra hard in practice and the offensive guys took exception to it? This offensive unit as a whole needs to be tougher. All of them. You should want to practice like you play. Guys are soft and it shows week after week with the injuries on that side of the ball. Conner can't even take a simple tackle and he's hurt in some way. In the Jets game he sat out for a freaking thigh bruise when we needed him the most, in a game that had playoff implications. I hate to question his toughness knowing his backstory, but do you think AP would've sat out for that? Same with Rudolph. Ben's played through nasty injuries, he injured his non-throwing shoulder is my understanding. Do you think Ben would've sat the rest of the game out?

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Let Lynch play Hodges is dog shit.

The only way Lynch should see the field is if Hodges either completely stinks up the joint, or Hodges gets hurt. Lynch is not very good and the only reason he got a job was because we needed a third QB on the roster. There's a reason nobody else had snatched Lynch up prior to us picking him up. Honestly I'm surprised he's not in the XFL at this point considering he wasn't with any NFL team in 2018.

_________________
Mason Rudolph to IR PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1015
Likes : 193
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 2:54 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
If the offense plays like they've played the past two weeks then we're not going to win this game. What frustrates me the most about this season is our offense, our defense has been so good, keeping us in games that teams with lesser defenses would've been blown out in. Every single game has been winnable this season outside of the Week 1 game against the Patriots*****. I truly believe we have a championship caliber defense, and it's sad that we've finally put that together only to have the offense completely fall apart when the offense was the strength of the team for so many years.

I still think our team is dangerous just because of the defense, the defense turns every game into a slugfest. If they can generate turnovers, and score points on the defensive side we have a chance to win against any team. I still believe that, despite the fact we've dropped the last two games.

If I was to be brutally honest, our offensive guys are soft. Remember earlier in the season (I believe following the 49ers game) when the offense cost us a game and the defense went extra hard in practice and the offensive guys took exception to it? This offensive unit as a whole needs to be tougher. All of them. You should want to practice like you play. Guys are soft and it shows week after week with the injuries on that side of the ball. Conner can't even take a simple tackle and he's hurt in some way. In the Jets game he sat out for a freaking thigh bruise when we needed him the most, in a game that had playoff implications. I hate to question his toughness knowing his backstory, but do you think AP would've sat out for that? Same with Rudolph. Ben's played through nasty injuries, he injured his non-throwing shoulder is my understanding. Do you think Ben would've sat the rest of the game out?

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Let Lynch play Hodges is dog shit.

The only way Lynch should see the field is if Hodges either completely stinks up the joint, or Hodges gets hurt. Lynch is not very good and the only reason he got a job was because we needed a third QB on the roster. There's a reason nobody else had snatched Lynch up prior to us picking him up. Honestly I'm surprised he's not in the XFL at this point considering he wasn't with any NFL team in 2018.


This is a good post. It's little consolation now as we watch other teams rest players game 16, and those playing for seeding, but the D we now have is going to make the next few years strong. Even if Ben doesn't come back; if they can get even an average vet QB, and a RB or 2 free agency, we could be right in the thick of things next year at this time. Cowher made several deep playoff runs with strong Ds, strong running games, and average QBs.

Still hoping for a playoff appearance this year. It wouldn't likely be more than one game, but I think a major gold star  for the Pittsburgh Steelers and show the NFL world the type organization they are   Mason Rudolph to IR 1948569602

Wishing all you Steelers friends on this board a Happy Holiday Season  Mason Rudolph to IR 230572241

_________________
Mason Rudolph to IR $_35
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

Posts : 1272
Likes : 201
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Litchfield, OH

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 11:47 pm

Yeah I just want them to get into the playoffs just to say they did it. Sadly though they now won't be able to say they did it under their own Merritt. They need the Titans to lose and that's no small task - let alone beating the Ravens.

Losing to the Jets absolutely pissed me off. I get that there are key injuries but when is someone gonna be held responsible for losing to bad teams? That game left a truly horrible taste in my mouth. The Bills game hurt but they were in that one until the very last second against a very good Bills defense. Actually that right there is why losing to the Jets is inexcusable. The 2019 Jets are like the 2016-2018 Steelers. Strong LB core but weak secondary. That the offense had trouble exploiting it shoes how weak they are on that side of the ball.

Idk about drafting a RB. You already got Snell. Whyte is turning out to be a steal especially if he can keep up what he's doing. Samuels sucks as a RB and honestly unless they exclusively use him as a WR then I'd let the guy walk. Who else do they have? All I'm saying is there are bigger priorities like offensive line and maybe another DB. I could be wrong here though. I personally think O line is what they need most. Ben would be getting killed if he was out there right now. That line went from one of the best to Swiss cheese and it honestly pisses me off. It's not helping the young QBs out in the slightest. They rush the play and make bad decisions.

If Ben didn't come back I'd be all for taking Dalton or someone else. However I do still hope Rudolph can become an NFL starter but we shall see. I saw him cringing on the sideline after the injury and just felt bad for the dude. He's had a rough season.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3861
Likes : 575
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 3:49 pm

I don't blame everything on undrafted 3rd string QB Duck, left side of the o-line needs rebuilt all the WRs are real young same with the RBs this offense. this offense could really use this coming offseason to clean things it up.

would be great if a couple of good o-linemen fall to the Steelers this draft.

_________________
quack quack.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4688
Likes : 683
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 6:10 am

@effyou515 wrote:
I don't blame everything on undrafted 3rd string QB Duck, left side of the o-line needs rebuilt all the WRs are real young same with the RBs this offense. this offense could really use this coming offseason to clean things it up.

would be great if a couple of good o-linemen fall to the Steelers this draft.

I agree. Oline should be a priority. I think we need a RB who can stay healthy too.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable



Posts : 584
Likes : 50
Join date : 2018-08-31

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 4:57 pm

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
I don't blame everything on undrafted 3rd string QB Duck, left side of the o-line needs rebuilt all the WRs are real young same with the RBs this offense. this offense could really use this coming offseason to clean things it up.

would be great if a couple of good o-linemen fall to the Steelers this draft.

I agree. Oline should be a priority. I think we need a RB who can stay healthy too.
I agree. On both accounts.
1st priority, a top-flight lineman - as good a lineman as we can get, even if we have to trade up to the 1st round.

I love Conner, and I think he's a really good back - when he's healthy, which hasn't been often. It would be good to pick up another good back.

And what has happened to Samuels? Is he banged up as well? I suspect he is. He was running well, and catching well out of the backfield fora. while, but hasn't given us much, and doesn't seem to be playing much these days. I'm definitely not giving up on him. I think he's dinged up.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2775
Likes : 529
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 10:44 am

Mason's injury was far more serious than what was let on in the Jets game.

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/1212227074422910977?s=19
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4688
Likes : 683
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 11:45 am

@jak341 wrote:
Mason's injury was far more serious than what was let on in the Jets game.

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/1212227074422910977?s=19

I had a feeling it was something pretty serious but not that serious. I hope he heals up fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Mason Rudolph to IR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Rudolph to IR   Mason Rudolph to IR Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Mason Rudolph to IR
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: