Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeHow Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 How Did You Come Up With Your Username?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bane
Xtreme Newb
Bane

Posts : 45
Join date : 2015-04-09

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:45 am

@Lokki wrote:
Mine is a bit nerdy..

Way back in the late 90's I was going to play an online game with some work friends.  That game was Everquest.  As I sat there one night trying to come up with a name that wasn't already taken in the game, I started going through some Norse mythology and decided on Loki since he was the Norse god of mischief and I am always cracking jokes (usually sarcastic) at other people's expense.  

Well Everquest had a block on names that were based on other characters, so I couldn't use Loki.  I ended up adding the second k to it to beat their filter.  Thus Lokki was born and has followed me on most message boards since.  

This sounds a lot like my story, minus the nerdy part:

I was playing a virtual reality game, minus the virtual part. It was called "Gotham City Rampage". The point of the game was to raid your grandparents' closets and wear the first articles of clothing you find and then terrorize a city as bad guys in colorful costumes try to stop you. Curiously, a couple of pussies wound up in clown outfits. Another guy found an iron in his grandpa's closet, so he had to fry the side of his face. Some other chick kept trying to sleep with everyone who looked like she fell into a garden of stinging nettles, or poison... oak, I think it was.

Then, some dude showed up in an odd outfit, somehow we both got by the name censors with the same name. He was a big meathead, like so-jacked-you-can't-scratch-your-ass big meathead. So I kicked his ass and somehow wound up being raised in a pit.

Then I met a cool girl down there. Turns out her dad ran the place. Her dad kept telling me I was the "Bane of his existence," so much so, that he just kept calling me "Bane."

Even after I all I went through with fighting that goofy-looking dude and getting to keep the name "Batman."

_________________
How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 FzwBb
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2011-04-08

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 8:23 pm

i was listening to the master of puppets when i first registered at SF.  i figured people would shorten it up and just call me master like the song says ,and make me feel powerful .. How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 344726530 ...but instead they call me mop ...total fail How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 1505004552
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Posts : 852
Join date : 2015-04-08

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:23 pm

My first name is Tiger.  

teegre is a phonetic spelling for tígre... which is Spanish for "a man who wears shorts in winter."
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2011-04-08

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:39 pm

@teegre wrote:
My first name is Tiger.  

teegre is a phonetic spelling for tígre... which is Spanish for "a man who wears shorts in winter."  
How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Holy-shit-tigger
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Xtreme Newb
Pappy

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Altoona, PA

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 11:46 pm

Simple, my grand kids were home when I signed up for Steeler forum and all I hear when they are at my house is"Pappy can I have some candy, Pappy, can you play with me, etc. etc. Also I'm a very proud Pappy!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 18144
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 11:50 pm

Welcome aboard @Pappy. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 230572241

_________________
How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

Posts : 69
Join date : 2015-04-10
Location : Boston Ma.

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 11:51 pm

Pretty straight forward. My name is Dave and I served as a LRRP in Vietnam. The LRRP companies later united as the 75th Rangers.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 18144
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 11:54 pm

Welcome aboard @Dave75th. Great to have you here. How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 230572241

_________________
How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

Posts : 69
Join date : 2015-04-10
Location : Boston Ma.

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 11:59 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
Welcome aboard @Dave75th. Great to have you here. How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 230572241

Thank you Wallace.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Posts : 6476
Join date : 2011-04-04

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 6:59 am

Welcome Teegre, Pappy, and Dave!

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Posts : 13488
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 8:01 am

Welcome to Pappy and Dave!

I'm a bit leery of that Tigre guy though.

_________________
How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Ee7ffacdb22647915dff1a9d3eef0fd8
-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Posts : 852
Join date : 2015-04-08

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 9:58 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@teegre wrote:
My first name is Tiger.  

teegre is a phonetic spelling for tígre... which is Spanish for "a man who wears shorts in winter."  
How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Holy-shit-tigger




How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 3562723908
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Posts : 852
Join date : 2015-04-08

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 9:59 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:
Welcome to Pappy and Dave!

I'm a bit leery of that Tigre guy though.

As you should be...

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

Steeler Zach

Posts : 341
Join date : 2015-04-14
Location : Blacksburg, VA

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 4:33 pm

I'm a Steelers fan, and my name is Zach. I'm so creative. How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4366
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 12:12 pm

I don't sweat small stuff in life.

_________________
How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 294855916
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest



Posts : 1408
Join date : 2015-04-20
Location : Jornado del Muerte

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 11:31 am

n. /toh'nee hip'chest/- An Apache warrior name bestowed unto me by the Mescalero Indian tribe upon return from my first mescaline induced journey into the spirit world.

(actually none of that is true, but it sounded good.)

_________________




. .
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

Posts : 790
Join date : 2015-04-18
Location : Redskins Territory

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 4:40 pm

There was a poster named Bane, not sure if he's on this website, from SteelersFever. I needed a new username a while back, and I'm a huge Batman fan, so I changed my username to rival his.

_________________
If you expect to play against the Joker, you'd best be prepared to be dealt from the bottom of the deck!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Posts : 6476
Join date : 2011-04-04

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:21 pm

@The_Joker wrote:
There was a poster named Bane, not sure if he's on this website, from SteelersFever. I needed a new username a while back, and I'm a huge Batman fan, so I changed my username to rival his.

I am a HUGE Batman fan as well. The Joker in The Dark Knight is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Now that The Joker, Bane, AND Loki are here... I might need to transform to....

The Steel Knight How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 1797695198

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Posts : 13488
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:24 pm

@SteelersYak wrote:
@The_Joker wrote:
There was a poster named Bane, not sure if he's on this website, from SteelersFever. I needed a new username a while back, and I'm a huge Batman fan, so I changed my username to rival his.

I am a HUGE Batman fan as well.  The Joker in The Dark Knight is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Now that The Joker, Bane, AND Loki are here... I might need to transform to....

The Steel Knight How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 1797695198

Yeah... that's just what you need. Another new name, BG, Weebs, Dubs, SteelersYak, etc., etc., etc.,...


Maybe you should just say fuck it and go with some stupid symbol like Prince did a few years ago. How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 3798349058

_________________
How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Ee7ffacdb22647915dff1a9d3eef0fd8
-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Posts : 6476
Join date : 2011-04-04

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:27 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@SteelersYak wrote:
@The_Joker wrote:
There was a poster named Bane, not sure if he's on this website, from SteelersFever. I needed a new username a while back, and I'm a huge Batman fan, so I changed my username to rival his.

I am a HUGE Batman fan as well.  The Joker in The Dark Knight is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Now that The Joker, Bane, AND Loki are here... I might need to transform to....

The Steel Knight How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 1797695198

Yeah... that's just what you need. Another new name, BG, Weebs, Dubs, SteelersYak, etc., etc., etc.,...


Maybe you should just say fuck it and go with some stupid symbol like Prince did a few years ago.  How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 3798349058

If I had the photoshop abilities I would make the bat signal in the Steelers logo... or the Steelers logo with 3 bats... hmm....

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Posts : 13488
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:28 pm

@SteelersYak wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:
@SteelersYak wrote:
@The_Joker wrote:
There was a poster named Bane, not sure if he's on this website, from SteelersFever. I needed a new username a while back, and I'm a huge Batman fan, so I changed my username to rival his.

I am a HUGE Batman fan as well.  The Joker in The Dark Knight is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Now that The Joker, Bane, AND Loki are here... I might need to transform to....

The Steel Knight How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 1797695198

Yeah... that's just what you need. Another new name, BG, Weebs, Dubs, SteelersYak, etc., etc., etc.,...


Maybe you should just say fuck it and go with some stupid symbol like Prince did a few years ago.  How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 3798349058

If I had the photoshop abilities I would make the bat signal in the Steelers logo... or the Steelers logo with 3 bats... hmm....


Oh, lord.... How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 1505004552

_________________
How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Ee7ffacdb22647915dff1a9d3eef0fd8
-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Posts : 6476
Join date : 2011-04-04

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:29 pm

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Il_170x135.674922613_i4g7

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Darkpz

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 3c7fc1a67f9c0648d00914d93d293100

Not exactly what I wanted but they would work.... How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 755331329 How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 3135543967

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Posts : 13488
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:36 pm

You're listening to this right now aren't you Weebs? How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 755331329



_________________
How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Ee7ffacdb22647915dff1a9d3eef0fd8
-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Posts : 6476
Join date : 2011-04-04

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:40 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
You're listening to this right now aren't you Weebs? How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 755331329



How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Tumblr_mge84nYpme1rphkvao1_500

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1225
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 6:57 am

I'm from a rather small Belgian city, about 100.000 residents, it's the town where the famous Belgian beer Stella Artois is brewed. Stella and Steeler sound a bit the same How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Username?   How Did You Come Up With Your Username? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
How Did You Come Up With Your Username?
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Welcome to SX :: Introductions-
Jump to: