Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

LET'S GO O's!!!!!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hindes204

hindes204

LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:37 am

@mcg24 wrote:
Screw the O's, go BuccOs!

LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1647293567

Damn straight!!!!!! I'm heading to the Buccos game this afternoon

And Buddha, finding out you are a fan of any Baltimore team just mad me a little sad inside

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:45 pm

@hindes204 wrote:
@mcg24 wrote:
Screw the O's, go BuccOs!

LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1647293567

Damn straight!!!!!! I'm heading to the Buccos game this afternoon

And Buddha, finding out you are a fan of any Baltimore team just mad me a little sad inside

I grew up on the O's! I never lived in Pittsburgh or really got into National League baseball much at all. I live an hour from Baltimore and was a big baseball fan as a kid. I'm now more of a football fan, but I still root for the O's even though they've sucked for 14 years and counting. Sue me. LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 4:58 am

O's take 3 out of 4 from the White Sox! First place, baby! LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1372836603

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:55 am

We took 2 out of 3 from the Spankees in New York! WOOO HOOOO!!! LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1372836603

Buck Showalter gets his 1,000th career win.

Brian Matusz gets off a 12 game losing streak.

Matt Wieters owns the Yankees.

Jake Arrieta pitches a shutout in the final game.

SUCK IT YANKEES!!!!! LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 568088689

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:56 pm

O's win again! This time in a come from behind extra innings game versus the Red Cox. Bite me, Red Sox!!!! LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 568088689

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:30 am

Chris Davis throws two scoreless innings, earns first victory for AL position player since 1968
By David Brown | Big League Stew – 5 hours ago
l

When the Baltimore Orioles ran out of pitchers Sunday afternoon at Fenway Park, they turned to designated hitter Chris Davis — who hadn't pitched since junior college six years ago. Amazingly, Davis came through, throwing 90 mph fastballs and 83 mph splitters to help beat the Boston Red Sox 9-6 in 17 innings, rescuing the O's in a game that had seemed endless.

"I seriously don't know what happened," MASN's Roch Kubato quoted Davis as saying.

At the plate, Davis went 0 for 8 with five strikeouts, but he also pitched two scoreless innings — getting two strikeouts there, as well — to become the first AL position player to get a victory as a pitcher since Rocky Colavito in 1968. And that's just one of many remarkable historical footnotes in the longest and wackiest game of the season so far. How wacky?

• Davis also is the first pitcher to go 0 for 8 at the plate and get a victory since Rube Waddell in 1905. Oh-five!

• Darnell McDonald, an outfielder for the Red Sox, was the losing pitcher. This was the first major league game since 1925 in which both teams used a position player to pitch. Ty Cobb of the Tigers and George Sisler of the Browns, two Hall of Famers, closed out that game.

(Read More:) http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/chris-davis-throws-two-scoreless-innings-earns-first-030603912.html

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

O'S SWEEP THE SUX!!!! LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1372836603

What a freakin' awesome game yesterday! 17 innings. Several lead changes. A grand slam. Multiple double plays. Both bullpens completely used up and position players pitching for both teams at the end. Just a great game.

The O's DH Chris Davis goes 0-8 with 5 strikeouts and ends up the hero of the game when he comes in and pitches the final 2 innings, striking out 2 himself, because the bullpen had been completely used up. Davis hadn't pitched since junior college 6 years ago! Simply amazing. LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1647293567

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Machado follows first HR with another, to same fan   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 am

Machado follows first HR with another, to same fan
Rookie is youngest Orioles player in history with multihomer game
By Brittany Ghiroli / MLB.com | 08/10/12 11:25 PM ET

BALTIMORE -- Manny Machado held up the ball from Thursday night's triple -- his first career Major League hit -- and grinned as he remarked he was hanging on to the keepsake forever.

The way this is going, Machado might want to rent out some extra locker space. The Orioles rookie connected for his first Major League home run in the fifth inning of Friday night's 7-1 win against the Royals, then went deep again the following frame, hitting a three-run shot to chase Royals starter Luke Hochevar from the game.

The pair of homers -- which invoked chants of "Manny" from 17,277 at Camden Yards -- culminated with a standing ovation and an eruption of cheering as the young Machado came out for a quick curtain call during just his second Major League game.

"Jonesie pushed me out there," Machado said of center fielder Adam Jones, part of a tag-team with infielder Robert Andino that -- not even 30 minutes later -- enveloped the rookie in a shaving cream pie that perhaps has never been more celebratory.

"They got me real good," Machado admitted with the Orioles cap hanging in his locker still completely covered. "I think I've still got some in my ears."

(Read More and Watch Video:) http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120810&content_id=36461806&vkey=news_bal&c_id=bal

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is awesome news for O's fans! It's nice to see a young guy come up from the minors and have such a great start. Machado is a top prospect in baseball and has been eagerly anticipated by O's fans for awhile. What a great 2nd major league game with 2 homers! Even crazier is the fact that the same kid caught both of those homers! Amazing!

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:55 am

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:27 am

SUCK IT, YANKEES!!!

O's are tied for first place in the A.L. East!!!! LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1372836603

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:39 am

You can thank the 'RAYS'

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:08 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
You can thank the 'RAYS'

Nope. The O's have played lights out the past month to get to where they are right now and deserve credit for being able to overcome a 10 game deficit when almost everybody (including me) doubted they could ever compete with, much less catch the Yankees. All of my props go to Buck Showalter and the O's for showing everyone they are finally for real and ready to restore the Orioles name to glory once again.

I don't expect them to win the Series this year or anything. Hell... I would have settled for .500 ball and some hope for the next couple of years over the desolate wasteland that has been Baltimore baseball the past 15 years. I'm riding the gravy train now with some playoff hopes and a possibility of winning the A.L. East pennant! There would be nothing sweeter than stealing away the division from the Yankees this season after destroying Red Sox Nation's hopes for playoff glory at the end of last season. I can't stand the fanbases of those two teams and anything that causes them sadness and misery makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 3798349058

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm not saying thanking the Rays for getting to that position. The Orioles definitely deserve the credit, but they would still be behind the Yankees if it weren't for the Rays handling them this series.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:07 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
I'm not saying thanking the Rays for getting to that position. The Orioles definitely deserve the credit, but they would still be behind the Yankees if it weren't for the Rays handling them this series.

Couldn't you say that I should thank the Yankees for choking too? LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1797695198

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:40 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

Couldn't you say that I should thank the Yankees for choking too? LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1797695198

Do you really want to thank the Yankees for anything?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:37 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

Yes. For giving baseball fans in all other MLB cities something to rally around to hate. LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 3798349058

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 4:03 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

Yes. For giving baseball fans in all other MLB cities something to rally around to hate. LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 3798349058

LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1505004552 LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1824088959 That was Steinbrenner, not the team!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 4:14 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1505004552 LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1824088959 That was Steinbrenner, not the team!

No, I hate the team too. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 4:59 am

SUCK IT EVEN MORE, YANKEES!!!!!

The O's beat them 10-6 last night to regain a tie for first in the A.L. East! Hopefully the Orioles can ride this huge emotional victory to a series win. That was the most packed I've seen Camden Yards with Orioles fans last night that I've seen in at least a decade. Usually the only time they fill up the stadium like that anymore is for the home opener and when Yankees and Red Sox fans invade. It was nice to see all of that orange in the stands and the fans jacked about the game.

A lot of energy and a big win on a night they were honoring Cal Ripken Jr. by unveiling his bronze statue outside the stadium. I'm sure that helped boost attendance with Cal in attendance and helped to get the fans pumped. I just hope the fact that they won will carry over the electricity and bring them back for the rest of the season and beyond to cheer the O's on. That stadium has been a graveyard for far too long.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 7:59 am

That graveyard mentality is part of the owners fault by not fielding a sustainable team. They have been reaching for old players since they were last in the playoffs (what 1997 I think it was).

It's good to see them, as it is with the Pirates, putting together a young talented team, mixing in some key veterans, and keeping it all in house.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:40 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
That graveyard mentality is part of the owners fault by not fielding a sustainable team. They have been reaching for old players since they were last in the playoffs (what 1997 I think it was).

It's good to see them, as it is with the Pirates, putting together a young talented team, mixing in some key veterans, and keeping it all in house.

Agreed. Peter Angelos was the main reason for the Orioles demise the past 15 years. He kept meddling in the Orioles baseball operations, something he knows almost nothing about, and insisted on being the final say on everything concerning the team and personnel. After over a decade of losing, he finally seemed to understand that he wasn't successful doing this and decided to bring in Andy McPhail to run the team and he took more of a backseat.

McPhail wasn't exactly a success, but he helped to put the team on the right track picking up players like Adam Jones, Matt Wieters, and Troy Patton amongst others. When McPhail seemed as though he wasn't the answer, he hired Dan Duquette who has been nothing short of a wizard since becoming the GM. It seems like almost every move he makes turns to gold.

The hiring of a great baseball manager in Buck Showalter was another reason this team has turned it around. He has instilled a confidence and winning attitude not seen in Baltimore since Ripken, Alomar, and Mussina were there. It's definitely an exciting time to be an O's fan.

I'm also excited to see the Pirates doing well again too. I'd love nothing more than to see an O's-Pirates Series, but that's probably a pipe dream at this point. Here's to seeing that match-up in the coming years soon. LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 230572241

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:52 pm

looks like both teams need to refocus on the goal at hand!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:21 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
looks like both teams need to refocus on the goal at hand!

LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 2913999526 LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 2913999526 LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 2913999526 LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 2913999526 LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 2913999526 LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 2913999526 LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 2913999526 LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 2913999526

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:04 am

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Tied for first again!!! LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1372836603

We need Zach Britton to tear it up today and take over sole possession of first now!

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:57 pm

O's SWEEP THE RAYS!!!!!!!

This team is magical! LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 1372836603

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:38 am

Stupid A's. LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 2913999526

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LET'S GO O's!!!!!!   LET'S GO O's!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

LET'S GO O's!!!!!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Other Sports-
Jump to: