Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOlympics: Games legend Michael Johnson believes Oscar Pistorius has an 'unfair advantage' Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Olympics: Games legend Michael Johnson believes Oscar Pistorius has an 'unfair advantage'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Olympics: Games legend Michael Johnson believes Oscar Pistorius has an 'unfair advantage' Empty
PostSubject: Olympics: Games legend Michael Johnson believes Oscar Pistorius has an 'unfair advantage'   Olympics: Games legend Michael Johnson believes Oscar Pistorius has an 'unfair advantage' EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:06 am

Olympics: Games legend Michael Johnson believes Oscar Pistorius has an 'unfair advantage' OSCAR%20PISTORIUS

The 400-metre world record holder, Michael Johnson, believes disabled athletes who use prosthetic limbs should not be allowed to compete in able-bodied races, as it has not been disproved whether or not it provides them with an "unfair advantage".

The American, winner of Olympic gold medals in the 400m in 1996 and 2000, was talking specifically about Oscar Pistorius, the South African known as ‘blade runner’.

While he stressed that he considers Pistorius, who has been allowed to compete at the London Games in the able-bodied 400m, as a friend, the Dallas-born sprinter revealed that he considers the principle of disabled competitors lining up alongside those without specially developed limbs flawed.

When asked at a Times+ event whether he thought Pistorius's inclusion was political correctness gone mad or an inspiring human story, the 44 year-old said: “I think it is both. I know Oscar well, and he knows my position; my position is that because we don’t know for sure whether he gets an advantage from the prosthetics that he wears it is unfair to the able-bodied competitors.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/9405113/London-2012-Olympics-Games-legend-Michael-Johnson-believes-Oscar-Pistorius-has-an-unfair-advantage.html
----------------------------------------------------------

My initial reaction was, "Shut up, Johnson. You're an idiot." But he does make some good points. I'm really not sure how I feel about this one.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/

Olympics: Games legend Michael Johnson believes Oscar Pistorius has an 'unfair advantage'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Other Sports-
Jump to: