Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhy Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CapLovesTroyP43

CapLovesTroyP43

Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? Empty
PostSubject: Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals???   Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 6:37 pm

My mom asked me that question and I told her I would ask my Steeler pals that question and I'm sure I could find an answer for her.

Thanks!!

Cap

"WE WILL NOT GO GENTLY. WE WILL UNLEASH HELL" MIKE TOMLIN

Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? 2480670802 Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? 2287965686 Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? 1948569602

FREEDOM...NOT COMMUNISM!!!! :old glory: :old glory: :old glory:

"AND OUR QB WEARS THE NUMBER SEVEN" RICH BANKS

CAP'S FAVORITE ICON... Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? 1645253483 Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? 1645253483 Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? 1645253483
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals???   Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Quote :
Biting the gold appears to be about emotions and recent history, with some ancient history thrown in for good measure. While nobody can quite pin down when the first gold medalist posed taking a faux bite, the theory about why goes like this: Back when coins were made of real gold, people often bit them to ensure they were actual gold. You can leave a mark in real gold. It’s softer than gold-plated lead. At some point an Olympian did this, and the tradition started. Now, Olympians bite their medals because that’s what they’ve seen others do.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/biting-medal-tradition-london-where-did-it-begin-080912

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
CapLovesTroyP43

CapLovesTroyP43

PostSubject: Re: Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals???   Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:37 pm

I thank you Wally! I'm going to call mom now and read the answer to her. I'm sure she'll find it as interesting as I did.

Thanks again!

Cap

"WE WILL NOT GO GENTLY. WE WILL UNLEASH HELL" MIKE TOMLIN

Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? 2480670802 Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? 2287965686 Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? 1948569602

FREEDOM...NOT COMMUNISM!!!! :old glory: :old glory: :old glory:

"AND OUR QB WEARS THE NUMBER SEVEN" RICH BANKS

CAP'S FAVORITE ICON... Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? 1645253483 Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? 1645253483 Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? 1645253483
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals???   Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Do Olympians Bite Their Medals???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Other Sports-
Jump to: