Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNHL Lockout Over Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

NHL Lockout Over

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

NHL Lockout Over Empty
PostSubject: NHL Lockout Over   NHL Lockout Over EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:23 am

It's going to be the crappiest season a lot of us have ever seen, but I'm so ready for some hockey. I hope they don't fuck it up. Sounds pretty optimistic though.

NHL Lockout Over 1372836603 NHL Lockout Over 1372836603 NHL Lockout Over 1372836603

NHL, NHLPA agree to framework of new CBA
Sunday, 01.06.2013 / 7:27 AM / News
By Shawn P. Roarke - NHL.com Senior Managing Editor

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association reached agreement on the framework of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement early Sunday morning.

After a marathon 16-plus hour negotiating session at the Sofitel Hotel that began Saturday afternoon, the sides announced an agreement in principle shortly after 6 a.m. Sunday.

The League did not announce the start date of the season or the number of games each team will play. Those details will be announced soon.

The deal, agreed to at approximately 4:40 a.m., was announced jointly by NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr in the same hotel conference room where the negotiations were conducted with the assistance of Scot Beckenbaugh, Deputy Director for Mediation Services for the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service.

"Don Fehr and I are here to tell you that we have reached an agreement on the framework of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, the details of which need to be put to paper," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. "We have to dot a lot of I's and cross a lot of T's. There is still a lot of work to be done, but the basic framework has been agreed upon. We have to go through a ratification process and the Board of Governors has to approve it from the League side and, obviously, the players have to approve it as well. We are not in a position to give you information right now about schedule, when we are starting. It's early in the morning and we have been at this all day and all night, obviously. But, we will be back to you very shortly, hopefully, later today with more information in that regard."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

vasteeler

vasteeler

NHL Lockout Over Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Lockout Over   NHL Lockout Over EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 am

im a huge hockey fan but at this point i couldnt care less

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

NHL Lockout Over Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Lockout Over   NHL Lockout Over EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:43 am

Go Pens NHL Lockout Over 2893009358

stlrtruck

NHL Lockout Over Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Lockout Over   NHL Lockout Over EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 am

@vasteeler wrote:
im a huge hockey fan but at this point i couldnt care less

I'm with you VA. It's greedy owner vs. greedy player and eventually the only people that get screwed are the fans. $15 beers, $8 hotdogs, $10 cotton candy, and $6 sodas.

Thanks, but no thanks.

I might catch a few games on TV, but I'm certainly not going to be running out purchasing tickets to watch it. It took several years for the NHL to gather support after their last strike, I wonder how quickly they'll rebound this time.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION NHL Lockout Over 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NHL Lockout Over Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL Lockout Over   NHL Lockout Over Empty

Back to top Go down

NHL Lockout Over
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Other Sports-
Jump to: