Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeClippers owner suspended for life Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Clippers owner suspended for life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Clippers owner suspended for life Empty
PostSubject: Clippers owner suspended for life   Clippers owner suspended for life EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 5:55 pm

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — NBA Commissioner Adam Silver announced Tuesday Clippers owner Donald Sterling will be suspended for life and fined $2.5 million following racist remarks he made in a recorded audio clip.

Silver spoke to the press at an 11 a.m. news conference from New York, stating he will “do everything in my power” to force the sale of the Clippers.

“The hateful opinions voiced by that man are those of Mr. Sterling. The views expressed by Mr. Sterling are deeply offensive and harmful. That they came from an NBA owner only heightens the damage and my personal outrage,” Silver said. “I am banning Mr. Sterling for life from any association with the Clippers association or the NBA. Mr. Sterling may not attend any NBA games or practices, he may not be present at any Clippers facility, and he may not participate in any business or decisions involving the team.”

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/04/29/nba-to-discuss-investigation-into-sterling/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Clippers owner suspended for life   Clippers owner suspended for life EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 7:05 pm

What a mess this whole thing has been. I really think that fans and players would have been boycotting had this action not been taken so promptly. Interested to see where it goes from here.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Clippers owner suspended for life   Clippers owner suspended for life EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Clippers owner suspended for life BmgUnBGCQAA9sNq

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Clippers owner suspended for life   Clippers owner suspended for life EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 8:29 pm

The whole situation smells rancid.
1. His comments are deplorable
2. His comments were made in private, and proves you can't trust anyone, but they should've stayed there.
3. I don't know how the NBA can force the man to sell the team

I think it's going to get worse for the NBA and the owner before it's all over. Wouldn't be surprised if someone was out to 'get him'.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Clippers owner suspended for life 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clippers owner suspended for life   Clippers owner suspended for life Empty

Back to top Go down

Clippers owner suspended for life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Other Sports-
Jump to: