Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeThe H8ful Eight   Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 The H8ful Eight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
teegre

teegre

Posts : 852
Join date : 2015-04-08

The H8ful Eight   Empty
PostSubject: The H8ful Eight    The H8ful Eight   EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:29 am



I saw The H8ful Eight today.

It was good, but not great. It reminded me of Inglorious Basterds: lots of talking, and then, blam, blam, blam.

I would watch Samuel L. Jackson and Walton Goggins read the ingredients from the back of a cereal box. Those two are amazing. They ARE the movie.

.
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

Posts : 1946
Join date : 2015-04-06
Location : South Kakalaki

The H8ful Eight   Empty
PostSubject: Re: The H8ful Eight    The H8ful Eight   EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 5:50 am

Some great scenes. Not great as a whole. I much prefer IB

_________________
This is the strangest life I've ever known.
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Near Youngstown OH

The H8ful Eight   Empty
PostSubject: Re: The H8ful Eight    The H8ful Eight   EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 7:34 am

haven't seen it, and will probably wait a while. I don't like his movies anymore. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were awesome. The beginning of IB's was awesome, but other than that Tarantino's work is under par in my opinion.

_________________
Have you ever wondered what you would look like frozen in carbonite?
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Posts : 4276
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

The H8ful Eight   Empty
PostSubject: Re: The H8ful Eight    The H8ful Eight   EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:06 am

@harrison'samonster wrote:
The beginning of IB's was awesome

What about the ending?

The H8ful Eight   WthnF0Z

_________________
The H8ful Eight   6o22bn
Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  The H8ful Eight   1664291743

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Near Youngstown OH

The H8ful Eight   Empty
PostSubject: Re: The H8ful Eight    The H8ful Eight   EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:24 am

@JonM229 wrote:
@harrison'samonster wrote:
The beginning of IB's was awesome

What about the ending?

The H8ful Eight   WthnF0Z

The H8ful Eight   1797695198

honestly, it plays out too much like a fantasy for me. I guess what the beginning does for me is creates a real sense of how terrible it was to be hiding from the SS. Having Hitler in the movie and being killed that way takes that real feeling of dread away and turns it to fantasy. I suppose it comes down to what you really enjoy about entertainment and what you are expecting when you start a movie.

_________________
Have you ever wondered what you would look like frozen in carbonite?
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Posts : 4276
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Ball So Hard University

The H8ful Eight   Empty
PostSubject: Re: The H8ful Eight    The H8ful Eight   EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:57 am

@harrison'samonster wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:
@harrison'samonster wrote:
The beginning of IB's was awesome

What about the ending?

The H8ful Eight   WthnF0Z

The H8ful Eight   1797695198

honestly, it plays out too much like a fantasy for me.  I guess what the beginning does for me is creates a real sense of how terrible it was to be hiding from the SS.  Having Hitler in the movie and being killed that way takes that real feeling of dread away and turns it to fantasy.  I suppose it comes down to what you really enjoy about entertainment and what you are expecting when you start a movie.

I get what you're saying. Through most of the movie, I was thinking "They're obviously going to fail in the end." I guess being Jewish, I welcomed the revisionist ending.

_________________
The H8ful Eight   6o22bn
Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  The H8ful Eight   1664291743

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Near Youngstown OH

The H8ful Eight   Empty
PostSubject: Re: The H8ful Eight    The H8ful Eight   EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 9:14 am

@JonM229 wrote:


I get what you're saying.  Through most of the movie, I was thinking "They're obviously going to fail in the end."  I guess being Jewish, I welcomed the revisionist ending.

somewhere Pats18n1 saw it and cried at that moment The H8ful Eight   2164293255


_________________
Have you ever wondered what you would look like frozen in carbonite?
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

Posts : 852
Join date : 2015-04-08

The H8ful Eight   Empty
PostSubject: Re: The H8ful Eight    The H8ful Eight   EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:55 am

@harrison'samonster wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:


I get what you're saying.  Through most of the movie, I was thinking "They're obviously going to fail in the end."  I guess being Jewish, I welcomed the revisionist ending.

somewhere Pats18n1 saw it and cried at that moment   The H8ful Eight   2164293255


Post. Of. The. Year!!!  



The H8ful Eight   1647293567
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Near Youngstown OH

The H8ful Eight   Empty
PostSubject: Re: The H8ful Eight    The H8ful Eight   EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:26 pm

@teegre wrote:
@harrison'samonster wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:


I get what you're saying.  Through most of the movie, I was thinking "They're obviously going to fail in the end."  I guess being Jewish, I welcomed the revisionist ending.

somewhere Pats18n1 saw it and cried at that moment   The H8ful Eight   2164293255


Post. Of. The. Year!!!  



The H8ful Eight   1647293567

The H8ful Eight   2276209185

_________________
Have you ever wondered what you would look like frozen in carbonite?
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Posts : 13488
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

The H8ful Eight   Empty
PostSubject: Re: The H8ful Eight    The H8ful Eight   EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 2:15 pm

@harrison'samonster wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:


I get what you're saying.  Through most of the movie, I was thinking "They're obviously going to fail in the end."  I guess being Jewish, I welcomed the revisionist ending.

somewhere Pats18n1 saw it and cried at that moment   The H8ful Eight   2164293255



That was his Old Yeller ending.

_________________
The H8ful Eight   Ee7ffacdb22647915dff1a9d3eef0fd8
-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




The H8ful Eight   Empty
PostSubject: Re: The H8ful Eight    The H8ful Eight   Empty

Back to top Go down
 
The H8ful Eight
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Entertainment :: Movies-
Jump to: