Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGolf                                              - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Golf

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Golf                                              - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:35 am

I watched the President's Cup over the weekend (even stayed in from going out to watch it). I love the team format and the clincher was Tiger Woods getting the winning point for the United States.

hindes204

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:19 am

Just noticed this thread. I love golf, watching and playing. Dont have much time this morning, but Ill post some more in this thread later
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:24 pm

@hindes204 wrote:
Just noticed this thread. I love golf, watching and playing. Dont have much time this morning, but Ill post some more in this thread later

FINALLY someone to talk about golf with.

I'm so excited!!! Golf                                              - Page 2 1372836603 Golf                                              - Page 2 1372836603

hindes204

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:27 pm

I guess Ill start with whats in the bag...

Ping K15 10.5 stiff flex
Ping rapture irons
Ping wedges
no name putter (but its been good t me)

As you can see I like Ping, Im a mid handicapper so the SGI clubs help my game out a lot.

I try to play once a week, but I havent made it out in a little while
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:46 pm

In my bag:

Top Flite and Ping G2 driver (the Ping was a gift, I am torn which one to keep hitting)
Nike Ignite Irons
Golden Ram Sand Wedge (an oldie but a goodie)
No name putter (has not been great, I am thinking about going back to a more "conventional" blade putter)

I typically play 1 to 2 times a week. I was unable to do a league this year due to school but I was involved in a lot of golf outings (a few which I set up). I play mostly scramble anymore especially since the gf picked the game back up and we have a lot of fun playing best ball. I typically shoot anywhere from high 70's to low 90's (although I haven't broken 90 in a couple of years).

hindes204

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:54 pm

Being in the military, I play a lot of scramble tournaments...fund raiser type events. Plus there is a base league I play in. I shoot high 80s usually, just good enough to have fun and keep coming back.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:58 pm

Have you ever had a hole in one?

Who are some of your favorite professional golfers?

hindes204

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:08 am

Never...2 inches is as close as Ive ever gotten. My Uncle just got his first one at TPC Sawgrass this year (no, not 17).

Bubba Watson is my favorite, mostly because I love watching aggressive players. Im also a fan of Adam Scott and Tiger Woods
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:16 am

@hindes204 wrote:
Never...2 inches is as close as Ive ever gotten.
Sounds like my sex life Golf                                              - Page 2 1797695198

@hindes204 wrote:
Bubba Watson is my favorite, mostly because I love watching aggressive players.
I like Bubba a lot more after the Presidents Cup.

@hindes204 wrote:
Im also a fan of Adam Scott and Tiger Woods
Talk about a conflict of interests. I can't buy into Adam Scott, just because of the whole Steve Williams thing. I also CANNOT STAND golfers that use long or belly putters. It's a golf club, not a broom.

hindes204

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:29 am

Im married...it also sounds like my sex life, lol

I think Bubba has potential, he just makes bad decisions...but thats why I love watching him.

As far as Williams...who cares, hes a caddie
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:36 am

I like Fowler. I think he has a lot of upside.

I don't care too much about Williams, I just think he's a prick. After the Ryder Cup, I never root for a foreign golfer.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:59 am

Tiger wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Golf                                              - Page 2 1372836603 Golf                                              - Page 2 1372836603

Is he back? I think/hope so.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Here's to hoping that Tiger's back holds up today and he is able to play this weekend.  Golf                                              - Page 2 230572241 

It's been a looooong time since I've been able to watch Tiger.  Golf                                              - Page 2 3201610882 

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 7:54 pm

The Deutsche Bank Championship that concluded today was a prime example of the pressure getting to one of the young guys (Billy Horschel). Playing 18 (a par 5), Horschel had a chance to tie with birdie. After an excellent tee shot, Horschel chunked his approach shot into the hazard, essentially costing him the championship. Goes to show the pressure that can be felt on the golf course, even for those who play the game for a living.

PostSubject: Re: Golf    Golf                                              - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Golf
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Other Sports-
Jump to: