Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWho’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:22 pm

@SteelersYak wrote:
@Crash wrote:
Quote :

Use your brain.  READ what's written, rather than worrying about WHO is writing it.

This guy. The same guy who uses PREDICTIONS as FACTS in his argument.

Credibility is everything. And just like your score, you have 0.

Boing boing boing

When Haley plays it my way they dominate.

When Haley plays it his way? He lines up 330 pound tackles at WR and lose to the Ravens at home.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

I missed the 'garbag time' definition.
If someone finds it that would be good.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 4:28 pm

@Crash wrote:
Quote :
Says every fantasy coach since football became America's past time.

So you don't think Sproles was a better fit than confirmed douchebag LeGarrette Blount?  

You get Sproles, you get one of the best 3rd down backs of all time, AND, you eliminate the risk of Antonio Brown on punt returns and replace him, with a Pro Bowl returner, AND, you wouldn't have wasted a 3rd round pick on Dri Archer.  

Use your brain.  READ what's written, rather than worrying about WHO is writing it.

No I do not believe Sproles fit our offense better. I thought signing Blount was a good signing until he went south. He was exactly the type of runner we needed and he fit the mold. He proved it when he filled in for Bell.

To assume the Steelers still wouldn't have drafted Archer is a stretch. I'd say speculative at best.

I do read what's written and ignore the writer. Unless what is written is illogical and taken from a fantasy in which the writer things if they just did things, "my way."

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 4:30 pm

@Crash wrote:
@SteelersYak wrote:
@Crash wrote:
Quote :

This guy. The same guy who uses PREDICTIONS as FACTS in his argument.

Credibility is everything. And just like your score, you have 0.

Boing boing boing

When Haley plays it his way?  He lines up 330 pound tackles at WR and lose to the Ravens at home.  

EVERYONE STOP! We need to get this guy in front of Tomlin. I mean when they do things his way they always dominate but when they do it the way of ANYONE else (except maybe Arians) they lose.

Geez, if it was just that simple. I mean we could have the crash offense ripping up the NFL putting up 70 points a game, Ben would be able to play until he's 50, our RBs would never be hurt, and who cares what the other team has on the field.

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 1505004552 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 1505004552 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 1505004552 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3562723908 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3562723908 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3562723908

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3056903510

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Quote :
He proved it when he filled in for Bell.

When?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 5:35 pm

Quote :
EVERYONE STOP! We need to get this guy in front of Tomlin. I mean when they do things his way they always dominate but when they do it the way of ANYONE else (except maybe Arians) they lose.

Yup. Pretty much. Watch the games. Notice who's on the field, and who isn't when positives and negatives happen.

You can pretty much guess how a game is going to go simply by the snap counts of the backup TE's and fullbacks early in a game.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 2:00 am

@Crash wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:
I don't even care about Arians.

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 2eb

@Crash wrote:
Quote :
Tell me again how Bruce Arians' offense did oh so well in the Super Bowl against the Packers.

They scored 25 points.  Haley's offense has scored less than twenty in three straight Steelers playoff games, it also scored less than 20 in his lone playoff loss in Kansas City.  So Haley's system, is under 20 points, in EVERY PLAYOFF GAME it's been used.  

Next?    

We also played bitter rivals in the playoffs. You tend not to score as much when you play against fellow AFC North teams

Didn't stop Whiz and Arians, the last time Arians played the Ravens in the playoffs we scored 31 points on offense.  Whiz played the Bengals on the road in 2005 and they also scored 31 points.

Haley's great system has scored 24 points against the Ravens in the playoffs.....in TWO GAMES!  

LOL  

Every game is different, if you're basing your opinion of how good a coach is on the score of one particular game that shows just how little you understand about this sport, and how it is coached.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 3:38 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

@Crash wrote:
Quote :
Tell me again how Bruce Arians' offense did oh so well in the Super Bowl against the Packers.

They scored 25 points.  Haley's offense has scored less than twenty in three straight Steelers playoff games, it also scored less than 20 in his lone playoff loss in Kansas City.  So Haley's system, is under 20 points, in EVERY PLAYOFF GAME it's been used.  

Next?    

We also played bitter rivals in the playoffs. You tend not to score as much when you play against fellow AFC North teams

Didn't stop Whiz and Arians, the last time Arians played the Ravens in the playoffs we scored 31 points on offense.  Whiz played the Bengals on the road in 2005 and they also scored 31 points.

Haley's great system has scored 24 points against the Ravens in the playoffs.....in TWO GAMES!  

LOL  

Every game is different, if you're basing your opinion of how good a coach is on the score of one particular game that shows just how little you understand about this sport, and how it is coached.

Read the entire conversation.

Excuses were being made for Haley again, I merely pointed out when the two previous OC's were last faced with the same situation, their offense scored 31 points each.

Twenty points or less on offense in 25 of their last 51 games.

Either the talent is overrated, or the scheme sucks.

Pick one.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 6:21 am

@Crash wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

@Crash wrote:
Quote :

Next?    

LOL  

Read the entire conversation.  

Excuses were being made for Haley again, I merely pointed out when the two previous OC's were last faced with the same situation, their offense scored 31 points each.  

Twenty points or less on offense in 25 of their last 51 games.  

Either the talent is overrated, or the scheme sucks.  

Pick one.  

I'll take "Crash has an unhealthy infatuation with Todd Haley, and Dick Lebeau" instead.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 6:38 am

@Crash wrote:

Hahahahahahaha do you have him on speed dial or something? Or do you bluetooth with his headset? Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3562723908 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3562723908 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3562723908

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 10:21 am

@Crash wrote:
Quote :

Yup.  Pretty much.  Watch the games.  Notice who's on the field, and who isn't when positives and negatives happen.  

You can pretty much guess how a game is going to go simply by the snap counts of the backup TE's and fullbacks early in a game.    

De-lus-ion-al much?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 11:17 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

Hahahahahahaha do you have him on speed dial or something? Or do you bluetooth with his headset?  Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3562723908  Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3562723908  Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3562723908

Little subbing, three wides, backup TE's/FB's on the bench.

But he doesn't do it nearly enough. He's wasting too many plays with bullshit.

Todd Haley stops his offense more than defenses do.

You people watch games once. That's why you have the opinions you do.

Yay.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Crash wrote:
Quote :

Yup.  Pretty much.  Watch the games.  Notice who's on the field, and who isn't when positives and negatives happen.  

De-lus-ion-al much?

Snap counts are easy to find. SteelersDepot has them after every game.

When they struggle, it's because the backup TE's are in and out of the game early. Constant mix and match.

It's been this way for four years.

Make the effort and pay attention. Don't watch a game one time and act like you follow this team.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 11:39 am

@Crash wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Crash wrote:
Quote :

De-lus-ion-al much?

Snap counts are easy to find.  SteelersDepot has them after every game.  

When they struggle, it's because the backup TE's are in and out of the game early.  Constant mix and match.  

It's been this way for four years.  

Make the effort and pay attention.  Don't watch a game one time and act like you follow this team.

You make assumptions about situations and people you know very little or nothing about.

But, for now, I'll leave you alone in your fantasy world of being the greatest coach the Steelers never had (but I have heard the Cardinals may be looking).

1 NATION

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 11:57 am

Quote :
You make assumptions about situations and people you know very little or nothing about.

ANYONE who disagrees about the constant mix and matching, the obsession with getting backup TE's/FB's on the field early? Doesn't follow closely enough.

It's not hard to do. You just have to take the time to do it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 12:25 pm

Quote :

The 2013 Denver Broncos ran the most, by far, plays with at least 3 wides on the field.  No other team was even close that year.  

Peyton Manning and his dead arm won MVP.  

The 2014 Packers, had 161 out of 971 plays, with 2+ TE's on the field.  

To compare:  

The 2014 Steelers had 383 (a plus 222 play difference from Green Bay) out of 1035 plays with 2+ TE's on the field.  

Aaron Rodgers won MVP.  Ben didn't get an MVP VOTE. The Packers scored 20 or less on offense in four of 18 games that season.  The Steelers? Twenty or less on offense in NINE (More than double of GB) in 17 games that season.    

Keep it simple, keep your play makers on the field, and stop the needless tricks and infatuation with scrubs like Spaeth, Johnson, Nix, etc.  

The rest takes care of itself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 3:09 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

Hahahahahahaha do you have him on speed dial or something? Or do you bluetooth with his headset?  Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3562723908  Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3562723908  Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 3562723908

Nope. I don't talk to lunatics.  Although that goofball probably thinks I'M the one who bugged his office in Kansas City and his personal cell phone.  

Obviously the thinking of a man playing with a full deck, and a fine person to have representing this football team.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 4:36 pm

There probably weren't a lot of Steelers fans happy with him when he left. But I like reading stuff like this from former players.

'Nothing compares to playing for the Steelers'

https://www.steelers.com/news/nothing-compares-to-playing-for-the-steelers

Mike Wallace wrote:
"It meant everything to play for the Steelers. I got to play for the pinnacle of NFL teams. Coach Tomlin was the best coach I ever had at any level. The most real coach, genuine coach. That is something I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. That organization, the Rooney family. Everything. Once you go and play for other teams, there is nothing like playing for the Steelers. I can promise you that. People won't want to hear this, I loved playing in Baltimore. It was great. But nothing compares to playing for the Steelers. Not even close. The way they run the program, the way Coach and Kevin Colbert work together. The family environment, the love, the genuine feeling, you can't get that everywhere. I played for the best organization in sports and that is something I will carry with me forever in life."

solardave, Stella Nation and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 10:23 pm

That is really great. He played for 5 different teams - his words are high praise. He didn't have to say that about Tomlin, but it tells you a lot.

I wish him well in his endeavors, and as a Steelers fan - appreciate his perspective and that he'd share it with the world.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 2:37 pm

there are plenty of examples of how good the steelers are to play for but none see or listen and go chase a few more dollars and most flame out.

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: