Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWho’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 2:45 pm

Quote :
The fact is Ben is FAR more efficient under Haley than he ever was under Arians.

How?  He threw 32 TD passes in 2014 in 608 attempts.  

In 2007 when you people claim Ben couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time, he threw the same 32 TD passes in a mere 404 attempts. He was also:

7th in %

4th in YPA

3rd in TD passes.

2nd in QB rating.

With an offense that also featured the NFL's leading rusher after 15 games.

That's what efficient is people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Here's another 2011 comment about Ben's play under that evil Bruce Arians, from Jamison Hensley, a RAVENS beat man no less.

OFFENSE

Quarterback: Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers. He's on pace for 4,679 yards passing and 27 touchdowns. Roethlisberger isn't just the best quarterback of the division. He's the best quarterback in the AFC right now.

2011 would once again, be before Haley, wouldn't it?

The "Steeler fans" who try and downplay Ben's career prior to 2012 are disgusting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:13 pm

"On what Roethlisberger doesn't get enough credit for: "His ability to make throws consistently from the pocket. I charted all 60 of his 20-plus yard completions in 2011. Only five came outside the pocket."

-Ron Jaworski, former NFL Quarterback, July 9 2012   Before Haley ever coached him.

You boys had enough of shaming Ben's career prior to 2012 yet?
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 6:44 pm

@Crash wrote:
"On what Roethlisberger doesn't get enough credit for: "His ability to make throws consistently from the pocket. I charted all 60 of his 20-plus yard completions in 2011. Only five came outside the pocket."

-Ron Jaworski, former NFL Quarterback, July 9 2012   Before Haley ever coached him.

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 6:49 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1704048833

Agreed. It's sickens me to no end how alleged "Steeler fans" cut Ben's first 8 years of his career off at the knees to make a psycho loser like Todd Haley look taller.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:05 pm

The Steelers are much better. Mike Wallace's career went to total poo after he left.

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 7:25 am

@Crash wrote:
@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

Agreed.  It's sickens me to no end how alleged "Steeler fans" cut Ben's first 8 years of his career off at the knees to make a psycho loser like Todd Haley look taller.  

I'm not sure anyone here is crapping on the first 8 years of Bens career nor would we. I mean he kept the team afloat until the last weeks of those 8-8 seasons while they rebuilt the defense in Hayley's first 2 seasons.

I think we are all saying that with Hayley he's become far better than what he was with BA. Was he good with BA, no question, but I for one just think he's a much better player now than what he was in say 2007 or 2009 which was his best under BA.

Also great comment on saying 'fantasy football' is overrated. I totally agree.
I get tired of hearing how 'great' a player like Brees is who passes for 5k in yards numerous times and fails to make the playoffs in 3 of those such seasons. In my book if you are throwing for that many yards you better make the playoffs.
And same with the most overrated player in the game today Rodgers...his paltry 7-6 playoff record shows maybe he isn't as good as what we think. I think if he's as 'good' as what we're told shouldn't he make the others around him 'better' when the games matter most? It was the same pretty much with Peyton until he got that 2nd ring.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 11:28 am

Quote :
I'm not sure anyone here is crapping on the first 8 years of Bens career nor would we.

"He's having the best seasons of his career under Haley."

"Arians allowed Ben "to be Ben". Haley has asked Ben to be an NFL QB and Ben has prospered like he's never done before."  

"Because he's finally being asked to make those pin-point throws that he always possessed, but never was asked to make. Everything was with his ability to extend plays ... now he's dropping dimes."

Those aren't compliments.  And I'm not the one on this board saying them either.  

To imply that Ben wasn't an NFL caliber QB his first 8 seasons is as insulting as it gets.  It's those ungrateful fans that don't deserve to enjoy the success that the Ben Era has given this football team.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 12:20 pm

You can put a homeless bum who didn't even know what football was and nothing would change. Big Ben is the common denominator in all this.

My hope now is that Le'Veon can be the Terrell Davis for Ben so he can win a couple more Super Bowls and stay healthy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 12:44 pm

Elway dominated in 1993.  

Terrell Davis was in college.  

The whole notion that Terrell Davis carried Elway is laughable.  That offense was loaded with Elway's hand picked cronies on the coaching staff and the playersv Elway help recruit to Denver in free agency.  

They even hired Elway's Dad in the front office.  

I wish the Steelers would give Ben that kind of respect to end his career.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 1:48 pm

@Crash wrote:
Elway dominated in 1993.  

Terrell Davis was in college.  

The whole notion that Terrell Davis carried Elway is laughable.  That offense was loaded with Elway's hand picked cronies on the coaching staff and the playersv Elway help recruit to Denver in free agency.  

They even hired Elway's Dad in the front office.  

I wish the Steelers would give Ben that kind of respect to end his career.

Well the Steelers didn't really have an offensive team for the first long while under Ben it was all Defense which is great and you need one that gets turnovers like they did last season. But the entire team identity has shifted to the offensive side of the ball and in turn the Steelers are now giving Ben the keys and now he has to drive it to the promised land.

It can be done and I firmly believe it will be done.

As long as the Triple B's don't get hurt or miss ANY games there's nothing that can prevent them from going all the way. Ben makes those around him better it's been proven with AB already (Ben misses games AB doesn't exist, Ben plays AB is the best in the game odd...) but anyway I'm hoping for the best hand in poker a 7-3 :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Quote :
Well the Steelers didn't really have an offensive team for the first long while under Ben it was all Defense which is great and you need one that gets turnovers like they did last season.

What was that about not crapping  on Ben's early career?  

Here's the dreamy, God's gift to quarterbacking Tom Brady's 2nd season as an NFL player, his team won the Super Bowl.  In 18 games.  

324 of 510 (63%) for 3415 yards (6.9 YPA) for 19 TDS 13 INTS, 84.7 QB rating 1 rush TD = 20 total TDs

Now, here's that no good cretin, clumsy oaf carried by his defense Ben Roethlisberger in 16 games of his second season as an NFL player, his team also won the Super Bowl.

226 of 361 (62% ) for 3188 yards (8.3 YPA) for 24 TDS 12 INTS, 99.3 QB rating 5 rush tds = 29 total TDs

Ben is almost a yard and a half better in YPA, 15 points better in QB rating, and has 9 more total TDs despite playing in two less games. I did Brady a favor by comparing their whole seasons, if I did it just by post season it wouldn't even be close.

But Brady has never received the back-handed BS compliments Ben has from the media, and his own alleged fan base.

And it makes me sick.  

All because this fan base is too goddamn obsessed with blowing the defense and their "reputation" every chance they get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Quote :
As long as the Triple B's don't get hurt or miss ANY games there's nothing that can prevent them from going all the way.

Sure there is, Todd Haley's bullshit trick plays, his overthinking, and constantly sticking his finger into the pie rather than just let the talent he has do their jobs.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 1:38 am

@Crash wrote:
Quote :
As long as the Triple B's don't get hurt or miss ANY games there's nothing that can prevent them from going all the way.

Sure there is, Todd Haley's bullshit trick plays, his overthinking, and constantly sticking his finger into the pie rather than just let the talent he has do their jobs.  

When are you and BA getting married? Just think, for the honeymoon you two lovebirds can go on ESPN for another show and cry about how the Steelers slighted your husband when they didn't renew his contract. I'm sure you'll be much more comfortable down in Arizona together, you can console Bruce when Landry Jones comes to town and whips the Cardinals by two TDs again.

Bruce Arians is gone, let it go.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 3:16 am

I don't even care about Arians. He isn't here.

Haley is, and that's the problem.

He was hired to keep Ben "safe".

His offense has done the exact opposite.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 6:42 am

So Ben has been unsafe? Last time I checked he is allegation free and is also not riding a motorcycle without a helmet. *Rumor has it that Arians encouraged that sort of lifestyle.

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 6:54 am

@SteelersYak wrote:
So Ben has been unsafe? Last time I checked he is allegation free and is also not riding a motorcycle without a helmet.  *Rumor has it that Arians encouraged that sort of lifestyle.

Wow. Blaming Arians for phony rape allegations?

Yak suits you well, because when you type garbage like that I'd like to throw up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 7:02 am

Quote :
'm sure you'll be much more comfortable down in Arizona together, you can console Bruce when Landry Jones comes to town and whips the Cardinals by two TDs again.

So if Landry Jones is on the field, does that mean that Ben got hurt AGAIN in this alleged "safer offense"?

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 7:44 am

@Crash wrote:
Here's another example:

4th and 3 in Cincy.  Haley has three TE's in a bunch set and 2 WR's on the field, we don't convert? We lose.  The Bengals have 9 men at the LOS.  

Dummy Marvin Lewis calls timeout.  Cooler heads then prevail, the Steelers change their formation, get rid of the backup TE's, spread them out with their WR's, they convert, they win.

The NEXT week, we have 4th and 1 in Denver.  Coming off a STEELERS timeout, the Steelers again have three TE's on the field (one in the backfield who was the primary read on the play), a 3rd string running back, and Markus Wheaton.  So in a game where Antonio Brown is already OUT, Haley had a 5-11 WR (Wheaton) being covered by the 6-1 Aquib Talib by taking the 6-5 Martavis Bryant off the field.

Unlike the previous week, Gary Kubiak didn't call timeout, he let Haley run the play designed for a TE with one catch and three yards in the past month, with BOTH Brown and Bryant off the field.  

The 3rd string TE was covered, and the 6-1 Talib out-muscled the smaller Wheaton on the play.  

The Broncos stopped the Steelers, the Broncos won the Super Bowl.  

See what happens when you let Todd Haley sink himself by trying to get cute?  You win rings.  

The Steelers win NOTHING.  

Tell me again how Bruce Arians' offense did oh so well in the Super Bowl against the Packers. You act as if he was some kind of coaching elite, that's never made a mistake in his career. Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1505004552

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 7:57 am

Quote :
Tell me again how Bruce Arians' offense did oh so well in the Super Bowl against the Packers.

They scored 25 points. Haley's offense has scored less than twenty in three straight Steelers playoff games, it also scored less than 20 in his lone playoff loss in Kansas City. So Haley's system, is under 20 points, in EVERY PLAYOFF GAME it's been used.

Next?

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:03 am

@Crash wrote:
I don't even care about Arians.

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 2eb

@Crash wrote:
Quote :
Tell me again how Bruce Arians' offense did oh so well in the Super Bowl against the Packers.

They scored 25 points.  Haley's offense has scored less than twenty in three straight Steelers playoff games, it also scored less than 20 in his lone playoff loss in Kansas City.  So Haley's system, is under 20 points, in EVERY PLAYOFF GAME it's been used.  

Next?    

We also played bitter rivals in the playoffs. You tend not to score as much when you play against fellow AFC North teams. One of those losses you lament so much, was against the team with the best defense in football that went on to win a Super Bowl on the backs of that defense.

Next? Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 469886443

Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:08 am

@Crash wrote:
Quote :
Well the Steelers didn't really have an offensive team for the first long while under Ben it was all Defense which is great and you need one that gets turnovers like they did last season.

What was that about not crapping  on Ben's early career?  

Here's the dreamy, God's gift to quarterbacking Tom Brady's 2nd season as an NFL player, his team won the Super Bowl.  In 18 games.  

324 of 510 (63%) for 3415 yards (6.9 YPA) for 19 TDS 13 INTS, 84.7 QB rating 1 rush TD = 20 total TDs

Now, here's that no good cretin, clumsy oaf carried by his defense Ben Roethlisberger in 16 games of his second season as an NFL player, his team also won the Super Bowl.

226 of 361 (62% ) for 3188 yards (8.3 YPA) for 24 TDS 12 INTS, 99.3 QB rating 5 rush tds = 29 total TDs

Ben is almost a yard and a half better in YPA, 15 points better in QB rating, and has 9 more total TDs despite playing in two less games. I did Brady a favor by comparing their whole seasons, if I did it just by post season it wouldn't even be close.

But Brady has never received the back-handed BS compliments Ben has from the media, and his own alleged fan base.

And it makes me sick.  

All because this fan base is too goddamn obsessed with blowing the defense and their "reputation" every chance they get.

I will say Ben doesn't get enough credit for that 2005 run; as most people/media clowns only focus on the Super Bowl. I understand why at the same time but name one other QB that makes that same 'tackle' in Indy? I'm going out on a limb and going with a ZERO! lol
As a whole the Steelers don't make that Super Bowl without Ben as he carried the team in the 3 playoff games. Yes, the D was great too but he was also on another level and torched both the Bengals and Broncos.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:10 am

wow, maybe I shouldn't take so much time off from the interwebz!

Back to the point at hand, and it would be nice if we kept the discussion in the realm of the original question.

I'd say the Steelers have faired better since Wallace's departure. The teams Wallace has played for has not had the talent to benefit from his speed & skills and he's been a journeyman ever since. His only hope for resurrecting a career is going to be Flacco throwing the deep ball and getting a P.I. call. He might occasionally catch a ball too.

As for the Steelers, I believe our offense has gotten significantly better with the new youth movement at WR, the studded RB committee, and having an offensive line which (hopefully) stays healthy.

And for the sake of poking the bear, having Ben as the general, leading the offense is always a plus. Just thankful it's under Haley and not Arians.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:15 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

@Crash wrote:
Quote :

They scored 25 points.  Haley's offense has scored less than twenty in three straight Steelers playoff games, it also scored less than 20 in his lone playoff loss in Kansas City.  So Haley's system, is under 20 points, in EVERY PLAYOFF GAME it's been used.  

Next?    

We also played bitter rivals in the playoffs. You tend not to score as much when you play against fellow AFC North teams. One of those losses you lament so much, was against the team with the best defense in football that went on to win a Super Bowl on the backs of that defense.

Next? Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 469886443

Not to mention in the Bengals playoff game this past season it was raining in sheets and Ben missed the entire 4th quarter save for the DRIVE! so who's to say they don't crack 20pts? we'll never know.

Also in the Denver game don't forget the refs blew that call where Peyton 'gave himself up' got back up and thew a 1st down. I will openly admit I don't remember the down and distance prior to the play but it would have been pretty big yards lost and may very well have changed the game for the Steelers.
Regardless a lot of media even now believe had the Steelers had either AB or even DeAngelo on the field they win that game.

And what happened with Arians high flying offense in Carolina in the NFC Title game this past year? 15 points I think? lots of 'garbage time' yards by Palmer I believe no?

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 611739232 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1689750825 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 1261304314 Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 2837018037
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:15 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

@Crash wrote:
Quote :

Next?    

We also played bitter rivals in the playoffs. You tend not to score as much when you play against fellow AFC North teams

Didn't stop Whiz and Arians, the last time Arians played the Ravens in the playoffs we scored 31 points on offense. Whiz played the Bengals on the road in 2005 and they also scored 31 points.

Haley's great system has scored 24 points against the Ravens in the playoffs.....in TWO GAMES!

LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: