Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWho’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelersNorth

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:17 am

@Crash wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:
I don't even care about Arians.

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 2eb

@Crash wrote:
Quote :
Tell me again how Bruce Arians' offense did oh so well in the Super Bowl against the Packers.

They scored 25 points.  Haley's offense has scored less than twenty in three straight Steelers playoff games, it also scored less than 20 in his lone playoff loss in Kansas City.  So Haley's system, is under 20 points, in EVERY PLAYOFF GAME it's been used.  

Next?    

We also played bitter rivals in the playoffs. You tend not to score as much when you play against fellow AFC North teams

Didn't stop Whiz and Arians, the last time Arians played the Ravens in the playoffs we scored 31 points on offense.  Whiz played the Bengals on the road in 2005 and they also scored 31 points.

Haley's great system has scored 24 points against the Ravens in the playoffs.....in TWO GAMES!  

LOL  

Only played the Ravens once in the playoffs under Hayley and it was 17 points to be 'exact'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:18 am

Quote :
And for the sake of poking the bear, having Ben as the general, leading the offense is always a plus. Just thankful it's under Haley and not Arians.

Ben doesn't stay on the field in this offense. NO Steelers QB stays on the field in this alleged "safer offense".

You must enjoy watching Ben in street clothes.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:20 am

@SteelersNorth wrote:
@Crash wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

@Crash wrote:
Quote :
Tell me again how Bruce Arians' offense did oh so well in the Super Bowl against the Packers.

They scored 25 points.  Haley's offense has scored less than twenty in three straight Steelers playoff games, it also scored less than 20 in his lone playoff loss in Kansas City.  So Haley's system, is under 20 points, in EVERY PLAYOFF GAME it's been used.  

Next?    

We also played bitter rivals in the playoffs. You tend not to score as much when you play against fellow AFC North teams

Didn't stop Whiz and Arians, the last time Arians played the Ravens in the playoffs we scored 31 points on offense.  Whiz played the Bengals on the road in 2005 and they also scored 31 points.

Haley's great system has scored 24 points against the Ravens in the playoffs.....in TWO GAMES!  

LOL  

Only played the Ravens once in the playoffs under Hayley and it was 17 points to be 'exact'.

The STEELERS have.

But Todd Haley also had a chance in 2010 and they got torched 30-7 in Kansas City.

Then the next week Ben and Arians sent them home.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:21 am

@Crash wrote:
Quote :
And for the sake of poking the bear, having Ben as the general, leading the offense is always a plus. Just thankful it's under Haley and not Arians.

Ben doesn't stay on the field in this offense.  NO Steelers QB stays on the field in this alleged "safer offense".  

You must enjoy watching Ben in street clothes.  

You do realize that Ben did play in 16 straight in back to back seasons with Hayley as the OC?
or did you miss those seasons?

FYI only happened once under BA
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:25 am

@Crash wrote:
@SteelersNorth wrote:
@Crash wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

@Crash wrote:
Quote :

Next?    

LOL  

The STEELERS have.  

But Todd Haley also had a chance in 2010 and they got torched 30-7 in Kansas City.  

That's a totally different team with a totally different offense and set of players.
You can't grade him on that lol
That's like saying apples and oranges taste the same lol

Look I'm a homer as much as anyone but it also doesn't help going into that playoff game getting a RB off the street 3 days before the playoff game.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:26 am

@SteelersNorth wrote:
@Crash wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

@Crash wrote:
Quote :

Next?    

LOL  

We also played the Bengals.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:40 am

Quote :
You do realize that Ben did play in 16 straight in back to back seasons with Hayley as the OC?

2007, Ben and other Steelers are rested in a meaningless week 17 game at Baltimore, Tomlin created his own bye week for Ben and others rather than play a playoff game on a short week for the entire team.

2010, Ben was suspended, by Roger Goodell, which wasn't because of injury.

So that's two of the other four years.

Context people. Learn it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:45 am

@SteelersNorth wrote:
@Crash wrote:
@SteelersNorth wrote:
@Crash wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

@Crash wrote:
Quote :

Next?    

LOL  

The STEELERS have.  

That's a totally different team with a totally different offense and set of players.

Look I'm a homer as much as anyone but it also doesn't help going into that playoff game getting a RB off the street 3 days before the playoff game.

Arians lost Mendenhall in week 17 of 2011, got 100 yards from Isaac Redman, in a game also without Pouncey, and scored 23 points and got fired.

You know why we lost to the Ravens? Because everyone wanted to recreate the overrated past and turn LeGarrette Blount, a known turd, into Jerome Bettis.

And wouldn't you know? Blount quit on his team.

If they do what I said they should have done, they would have gotten Darren Sproles, a perfect fit for this dink and dunk crap.

But he doesn't weigh 250, so he wasn't even considered.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:47 am

@Crash wrote:
Quote :

2007, Ben and other Steelers are rested in a meaningless week 17 game at Baltimore, Tomlin created his own bye week for Ben and others rather than play a playoff game on a short week for the entire team.  

2010, Ben was suspended, by Roger Goodell, which wasn't because of injury.  

So that's two of the other four years.  

Context people.  Learn it.  

Dude lol
You're taking things more OUT of context than anyone I've ever seen.

Yes, I agree you're right on the 2 points you are making but ultimately did he play in 16 games in said seasons? no. Only once in 2008.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:51 am

@Crash wrote:
@SteelersNorth wrote:
@Crash wrote:
@SteelersNorth wrote:
@Crash wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Crash wrote:

@Crash wrote:
Quote :

Next?    

LOL  

The STEELERS have.  

Arians lost Mendenhall in week 17 of 2011, got 100 yards from Isaac Redman, in a game also without Pouncey, and scored 23 points and got fired.  

You know why we lost to the Ravens?  Because everyone wanted to recreate the overrated past and turn LeGarrette Blount, a known turd, into Jerome Bettis.  

And wouldn't you know?  Blount quit on his team.  

If they do what I said they should have done, they would have gotten Darren Sproles, a perfect fit for this dink and dunk crap.  

They lost because they didn't play well. Shit happens, its football. But the other factor I stated of getting a guy off the street 3 days before doesn't help either. Although no excuse in the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:51 am

Quote :
Dude lol

I'm not the one bragging about passing yards.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:02 am

@Crash wrote:
Quote :
Dude lol

I'm not the one bragging about passing yards.  

?
I've said on numerous other threads that stats are great but only if you win.
I mean if you went up to a random person and gave them 2 different games of stats just for yuks and said of these 2 games which one did they win.
Bens line in game 1- 24/35 290yrds 4tds 2ints
game 2 - 12/23 200yrds 1td
So tell me in your opinion which game they won. and then I'll tell you which games they were since I remembered speficic ones lol

And I referenced what Ben has done with BOTH OCs to point out the differences.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:06 am

Quote :

No shit.

The problem however, is that many in this alleged "fan base" actually degrade Ben for years when he didn't have big yards because unlike Brady we never threw late up big.

And at the same time, they actually give Ben MORE CREDIT, for piling up irrelevant garbage time stats in losses the last four years.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:33 am

Quote :
The truth of the matter is that Haley has coached Ben to take less hits and less sacks.

Must have been wearing a Patriots* hat during the first two months of 2013 when Ben was getting sacked at an all time high rate.

Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:35 am

@Crash wrote:
Quote :

No shit.  

The problem however, is that many in this alleged "fan base" actually degrade Ben for years when he didn't have big yards because unlike Brady we never threw late up big.  

And at the same time, they actually give Ben MORE CREDIT, for piling up irrelevant garbage time stats in losses the last four years.  

you didn't answer my question on which game they won of the 2 I mentioned
and again he's only piled up your so called 'garbage stats' in 2 games of 53.

If it happened in say 10 or so games then I could see you may have a minor argument but to nit pick 2 games is pretty feeble at best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:40 am

Two games huh?

Hey look at the bomb to Bryant, 80 yards, 4th quarter.

They were down 20-6 with 2 minutes left.

Look at the frozen rope to Lance Moore against the Browns.

They cut the Browns lead to 31-10. Nail biter time.

He's thrown 11 garbage time 4th quarter TD's in four years with Haley.

He threw SEVEN, in his first 8 years without him.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 10:02 am

@Crash wrote:
Two games huh?  

Hey look at the bomb to Bryant, 80 yards, 4th quarter.  

They were down 20-6 with 2 minutes left.  

Look at the frozen rope to Lance Moore against the Browns.  

They cut the Browns lead to 31-10.  Nail biter time.  

He's thrown 11 garbage time 4th quarter TD's in four years with Haley.  

He threw SEVEN, in his first 8 years without him.  

so 18 TDs have been so called garbage TDs
so out of the 272 to date he's chucked that's 6%

You should be thankful you're not a Saints or Chargers fan buddy lol

But again what game did he win of the 2 that i mentioned?
I mean I thought you were the know it all of everything Ben related :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Quote :

Missing the point. As usual.

SEVEN in 8 YEARS before Haley.

11, almost DOUBLE the amount in years 1 through 8, in only half the time since the Savior showed up.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 12:43 pm

@Crash wrote:
Quote :

Missing the point.  As usual.  

SEVEN in 8 YEARS before Haley.  

11, almost DOUBLE the amount in years 1 through 8, in only half the time since the Savior showed up.  

so what's your definition of a 'garbage time' TD?

I'm also waiting on you to tell me which game he won of the 2 i picked.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Quote :
so what's your definition of a 'garbage time' TD?

I already typed it. Feel free to go look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 2:35 pm

They won the 12-23 game. And despite having bigger passing yards in Denver, he was actually BETTER in the Jacksonville game.

I should know, I was at both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 3:53 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
Hence he was never considered one of the greats because his yardage lacked. Of course he picked up plenty of yardage in garbage time under Arians.

Another lie.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 1:54 pm

@Crash wrote:

You know why we lost to the Ravens?  Because everyone wanted to recreate the overrated past and turn LeGarrette Blount, a known turd, into Jerome Bettis.  

And wouldn't you know?  Blount quit on his team.  

Says every fantasy coach since football became America's past time.

If they listened to everything you said then, Ben would be in Arizona with Brucie.

Do you ever read what you type before you post? Or do you just type in the dark?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Quote :
Says every fantasy coach since football became America's past time.

So you don't think Sproles was a better fit than confirmed douchebag LeGarrette Blount?

You get Sproles, you get one of the best 3rd down backs of all time, AND, you eliminate the risk of Antonio Brown on punt returns and replace him, with a Pro Bowl returner, AND, you wouldn't have wasted a 3rd round pick on Dri Archer.

Use your brain. READ what's written, rather than worrying about WHO is writing it.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:18 pm

[quote="Crash"]
Quote :

Use your brain.  READ what's written, rather than worrying about WHO is writing it.

This guy. The same guy who uses PREDICTIONS as FACTS in his argument.

Credibility is everything. And just like your score, you have 0.

Boing boing boing

PostSubject: Re: Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?   Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who’s better since parting ways? Mike Wallace or The Steelers?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: