Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeSteelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
WVABE



Posts : 246
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Deep in a holler of WV

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Guess Boswell doesn't feel to bad now.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

Posts : 391
Join date : 2015-04-30
Location : New Jersey

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Its a win..I'll take it
Back to top Go down
WVABE



Posts : 246
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Deep in a holler of WV

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:14 pm

#3 seed, I can dig it.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

Posts : 863
Join date : 2015-04-12
Location : Winchester, CA.

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:16 pm

Steelers almost perfect today. Just need the Pats** to win and its a perfect Monday. Steelers win, Broncos lose, AZ just tied Miami with momentum.


Last edited by OX1947 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 3594
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:38 pm

Dolphins pulled it out.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4521
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:45 pm

@OX1947 wrote:
hahahahahahaha, i was sad Dupree missed his 3rd sack of the game and then Taylor bounced around long enough to come back and get it anyway, hahahah

I saw and liked that one too. Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 1797695198

_________________
The female players: "Coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Posts : 11707
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 11:00 am

This game was one of the most complete games they've played this year. While there certainly is room for improvement (especially with Ben's performance), this team pulled together on both sides of the ball and did what they needed to do to win.

_________________
Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Posts : 1826
Join date : 2015-04-18

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 11:48 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
This game was one of the most complete games they've played this year.  While there certainly is room for improvement (especially with Ben's performance), this team pulled together on both sides of the ball and did what they needed to do to win.

Agreed.

Do you still think the O line needs to be improved? I think yesterday showed us that the Steelers need somebody other than AB and #26 to catch the football. Gotta draft a WR.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Posts : 11707
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 12:33 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
This game was one of the most complete games they've played this year.  While there certainly is room for improvement (especially with Ben's performance), this team pulled together on both sides of the ball and did what they needed to do to win.

Agreed.  

Do you still think the O line needs to be improved?  I think yesterday showed us that the Steelers need somebody other than AB and #26 to catch the football.  Gotta draft a WR.

Yeah, at least for now. I want to see consistency in their performance. If they can perform through the next 3 games like they did yesterday, and through the playoffs, keep Ben upright, and open up gianormous holes that I could walk through, then I'll change my tune.

But consistency will be key for that change.

_________________
Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Posts : 1826
Join date : 2015-04-18

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 2:01 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
This game was one of the most complete games they've played this year.  While there certainly is room for improvement (especially with Ben's performance), this team pulled together on both sides of the ball and did what they needed to do to win.

Agreed.  

Do you still think the O line needs to be improved?  I think yesterday showed us that the Steelers need somebody other than AB and #26 to catch the football.  Gotta draft a WR.

Yeah, at least for now.  I want to see consistency in their performance.  If they can perform through the next 3 games like they did yesterday, and through the playoffs, keep Ben upright, and open up gianormous holes that I could walk through, then I'll change my tune.

But consistency will be key for that change.

You might as well be on the lookout for unicorns while you are at it. Not realistic expectations.

I remember some players and coaches making reference of the NCAA to NFL football and it went like this: " In college, you have holes to run thru, in the NFL you have creases". " In college, you know the scholarship athletes are great players...in the NFL, everybody was on scholarship".


This Steelers O line is the best it has been in 10 years when healthy. Young talented reserves like Finney, Hubbard and Hawkins give it some of the best depth its had since even longer than that.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Posts : 11707
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 4:02 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
This game was one of the most complete games they've played this year.  While there certainly is room for improvement (especially with Ben's performance), this team pulled together on both sides of the ball and did what they needed to do to win.

Agreed.  

Do you still think the O line needs to be improved?  I think yesterday showed us that the Steelers need somebody other than AB and #26 to catch the football.  Gotta draft a WR.

Yeah, at least for now.  I want to see consistency in their performance.  If they can perform through the next 3 games like they did yesterday, and through the playoffs, keep Ben upright, and open up gianormous holes that I could walk through, then I'll change my tune.

But consistency will be key for that change.

You might as well be on the lookout for unicorns while you are at it.  Not realistic expectations.

I remember some players and coaches making reference of the NCAA to NFL football and it went like this:  " In college, you have holes to run thru, in the NFL you have creases".  " In college, you know the scholarship athletes are great players...in the NFL, everybody was on scholarship".


This Steelers O line is the best it has been in 10 years when healthy.  Young talented reserves like Finney, Hubbard and Hawkins give it some of the best depth its had since even longer than that.

When I mentioned the "holes I could walk through" I was referring to the way they pushed back the Bills D-line.  I think it was Bell's 3rd TD of the day where he literally just walked in to the endzone.  It's not that I expect every run play, but the O-line was dominant yesterday.  I'd like to see that sort of consistency over more games rather than one or two here, then 3 or more games of Ben playing sandlot.

I agree, this line is one of the best we've had in 10 years, maybe that's why I feel like we're missing just one more piece to make it ALL THAT. Or maybe I should stop drinking.

But if I find that unicorn, I'll let you know Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 1664291743

_________________
Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Posts : 1826
Join date : 2015-04-18

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 5:06 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:


When I mentioned the "holes I could walk through" I was referring to the way they pushed back the Bills D-line.  I think it was Bell's 3rd TD of the day where he literally just walked in to the endzone.  It's not that I expect every run play, but the O-line was dominant yesterday.  I'd like to see that sort of consistency over more games rather than one or two here, then 3 or more games of Ben playing sandlot.

I agree, this line is one of the best we've had in 10 years, maybe that's why I feel like we're missing just one more piece to make it ALL THAT.  Or maybe I should stop drinking.

But if I find that unicorn, I'll let you know Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 1664291743

Even the years of Marvel Smith, Faneca, Jeff Hartings....there was the likes of Keydrick Vincent and Oliver Ross on the line. This year its Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, with Foster playing great and AV the weak link. I still take it.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop on the unicorn. Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 184121345
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Posts : 11707
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 5:49 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:


When I mentioned the "holes I could walk through" I was referring to the way they pushed back the Bills D-line.  I think it was Bell's 3rd TD of the day where he literally just walked in to the endzone.  It's not that I expect every run play, but the O-line was dominant yesterday.  I'd like to see that sort of consistency over more games rather than one or two here, then 3 or more games of Ben playing sandlot.

I agree, this line is one of the best we've had in 10 years, maybe that's why I feel like we're missing just one more piece to make it ALL THAT.  Or maybe I should stop drinking.

But if I find that unicorn, I'll let you know Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 1664291743

Even the years of Marvel Smith, Faneca, Jeff Hartings....there was the likes of Keydrick Vincent and Oliver Ross on the line.  This year its Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, with Foster playing great and AV the weak link.  I still take it.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop on the unicorn. Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 184121345

You're right, I just felt the prior ones were more consistent in their execution. I could be wrong, it has happened before.

But if they keep this play up the way they have in this current win streak, they certainly will erase my doubts (and quickly).

As of posting, no unicorn sightings.

_________________
Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1252
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 8:21 am

Talking about our O-line, one of the crucial plays of the game was Pouncey's tackle at the sideline after Ben's first interception. It was still 0-0 at that time and without his tackle I think it would have been a pick 6. I don't see any other center in the league being fast enough to have a chance to make that tackle.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Posts : 11707
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 12:17 pm

One negative outcome of this game, is the bungals picking up Bullock who was released yesterday.

_________________
Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

Posts : 1826
Join date : 2015-04-18

Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 12:32 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
One negative outcome of this game, is the bungals picking up Bullock who was released yesterday.

SUPER BOWL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Steelers @ Bills Gameday Thread
Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: