Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeSteelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4408
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 11:47 pm

The sullen look on Artie Burn’s face and his clipped responses to questions Saturday afternoon gave the appearance of a player who might have lost his starting job in the Pittsburgh Steelers secondary.

Burns lost first-team repetitions at his right cornerback spot in the final practice for the Steelers before they play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday night at Raymond James Stadium.

Veteran backup Coty Sensabaugh confirmed he took snaps with the first team in place of Burns on Saturday.

Left corner Joe Haden thought Burns was limited by a toe injury, but Burns said health was not the reason he wasn’t playing with the first team.

Asked whether he will start Monday, Burns said, “I don’t know. We’ll see.”

Asked whether the coaches were challenging him: “I guess.”

Asked how he will respond: “I guess I gotta make the most of the opportunities I get.”


https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14105862-74/sensabaugh-could-replace-burns-at-cornerback-for-steelers-vs-tampa-bay

has the talent but has about the same mind set as Martavis Bryant.

_________________
coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her. coach "hit her in the dick" Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB 1392824647  
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5166
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 4:44 am

Although I don't see Sensabaugh as the permanent solution. I've been saying Burns is not getting the job done. Maybe this is his wake up call.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1240
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 5:55 am

Sensabaugh Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB 1505004552 That says it all about our CB situation. No injuries and he's the starter. I know Burns isn't the solution (lack of talent), but I hoped Sutton would be. Good in college until he got injured and a smart kid who's a game studier. But I don't see any improvement on his part yet.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5166
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 6:11 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
Sensabaugh Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB 1505004552 That says it all about our CB situation. No injuries and he's the starter. I know Burns isn't the solution (lack of talent), but I hoped Sutton would be. Good in college until he got injured and a smart kid who's a game studier. But I don't see any improvement on his part yet.

I don't see Burns so much of a lack of talent as I do not very smart. He doesn't seem to remember his assignments. Constantly out of position and a poor tackler. OK. Lack of talent there. You're right Sutton should be a better option but he looks lost out there too.

I'm really wishing we could have drafted William Jackson III. He's a mugger and may get the PI call on occasion but he's around the ball and covers well. You have to wonder about him too because he still isn't starting for the Bengals.

And I agree our CB situation is dismal. Hell our DB situation as a whole is not very good. Hayden can't stay on the field and even Hilton who I thought was a good signing seems to be regressing.

It appears Butler has lowered the bar for "the Standard"!
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1240
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 6:41 am

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Sensabaugh Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB 1505004552 That says it all about our CB situation. No injuries and he's the starter. I know Burns isn't the solution (lack of talent), but I hoped Sutton would be. Good in college until he got injured and a smart kid who's a game studier. But I don't see any improvement on his part yet.

I don't see Burns so much of a lack of talent as I do not very smart. He doesn't seem to remember his assignments. Constantly out of position and a poor tackler. OK. Lack of talent there. You're right Sutton should be a better option but he looks lost out there too.

I'm really wishing we could have drafted William Jackson III. He's a mugger and may get the PI call on occasion but he's around the ball and covers well. You have to wonder about him too because he still isn't starting for the Bengals.

And I agree our CB situation is dismal. Hell our DB situation as a whole is not very good. Hayden can't stay on the field and even Hilton who I thought was a good signing seems to be regressing.

It appears Butler has lowered the bar for "the Standard"!

Really a shame that WJIII was taken right in front for us. Instead they reached for Burns who was expected to go late in the second round and was labeled by many as a boom or bust project. Fast, but poor technique and not a good change of direction due to stiff hips. And it still shows.

CB, ILB, FS, a pass rusher instead of Dupree... This defense need a lot of help.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 3563
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 7:55 am

This thread is spot on. If Sensabaugh is a projected starter, we're in deep shit.

Burns isn't a bust, but he isn't developing either. He will shutdown the WR 9/10, but that 10th time will go for a TD due to a blown coverage. If he doesn't make further steps this year and next, the bust label will be appropriate.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5166
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 8:56 am

@jak341 wrote:
This thread is spot on. If Sensabaugh is a projected starter, we're in deep shit.

Burns isn't a bust, but he isn't developing either. He will shutdown the WR 9/10, but that 10th time will go for a TD due to a blown coverage. If he doesn't make further steps this year and next, the bust label will be appropriate.

From what I see it's more like 6/10 he will be near the ball but no guarantee he'll make a tackle. Some people say Edmunds is nothing more than a second round pick. I hope they're wrong.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2012-01-28
Location : Baltimore

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 9:32 am

Man do I miss Shazier. He was able to cover up so much of the inadequacy of our secondary with his speed and pass rushing ability. If Fitzpatrick carves us a new asshole tonight, which sadly I think he will, then the Bell trade needs to happen right after and we'll need a shut down CB or a star pass rushing LB in return. Plus a 1st.

_________________
Win, Lose, or Tie, I'm a Steeler fan until I DIE!!!
Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Drizz10
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 831
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 7:26 pm

@Drizztbob wrote:
Man do I miss Shazier.  He was able to cover up so much of the inadequacy of our secondary with his speed and pass rushing ability.  If Fitzpatrick carves us a new asshole tonight, which sadly I think he will, then the Bell trade needs to happen right after and we'll need a shut down CB or a star pass rushing LB in return.  Plus a 1st.

I would be surprised if any team gave us a first rounder for him, unless they are a contender. He is essentially a rental player for the season unless they can work out a long term contract with him.
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem



Posts : 174
Join date : 2012-01-13

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Colbert and Co need to stop drafting these fast athletes and get some technicians that actually know how to play the position...its like they never learned from Lethon Flowers...fast guy who couldn't cover worth a damn
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 4395
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 1:21 am

This team is in for a world of hurt against the Falcons with Sensabaugh on the field. These guys struggled covering the Ravens ho-hum receiving corps. Now they get to take on Matt Ryan and his prolific trio of Jones/Ridley/Sanu. Yippee skippee.

I hope we can somehow win a shootout as the Falcons defense is very suspect, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

_________________
Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 4408
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 7:36 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
This team is in for a world of hurt against the Falcons with Sensabaugh on the field. These guys struggled covering the Ravens ho-hum receiving corps. Now they get to take on Matt Ryan and his prolific trio of Jones/Ridley/Sanu. Yippee skippee.

I hope we can somehow win a shootout as the Falcons defense is very suspect, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Steelers won't win a shoot out with the Falcons when Ben only plays 2 quarters out of 4 in a game. I can see it now the Steelers spot the Falcons 21 point then tries to play catch up in the 2nd half with no help from the defense.

imo something like this is going to happen the rest of the year Ben might pull a few games out but imo not many.

_________________
coach she's to big and strong we can't stop her. coach "hit her in the dick" Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB 1392824647  
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5166
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 8:21 am

Jones is their #1 but Sanu owns us. He always got open back when he played for the Bengals. He'll be the one to look out for which means Jones will take our lunch money all day long.

I'd say we better show up but we all know this team lost it's way awhile ago.

I predicted 13-3 and here we are just hoping to get one more win against a pretty good offense.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 4395
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 8:24 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
This team is in for a world of hurt against the Falcons with Sensabaugh on the field. These guys struggled covering the Ravens ho-hum receiving corps. Now they get to take on Matt Ryan and his prolific trio of Jones/Ridley/Sanu. Yippee skippee.

I hope we can somehow win a shootout as the Falcons defense is very suspect, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Steelers won't win a shoot out with the Falcons when Ben only plays 2 quarters out of 4 in a game. I can see it now the Steelers spot the Falcons 21 point then tries to play catch up in the 2nd half with no help from the defense.

imo something like this is going to happen the rest of the year Ben might pull a few games out but imo not many.

If everyone would show up for a game just once, then we'd have a fighting chance in every game we play. Problem is there always seem to be one or two facets of the team that don't show up, or when they do decided to play it's too little and too late. Ben hasn't had a ton of help, AB isn't himself, whether that's by choice, or by scheme I don't know for sure. JuJu is our most consistent receiving threat but he can't do everything. Outside of those two the most consistent guys have probably been Jesse James and Vance McDonald. Our other receivers Switzer/Washington have had minimal success. Switzer looks to be getting more comfortable, but Washington just doesn't have the chemistry yet.

Ben needs help. He can't do it all by himself. The o-line needs to step up and run block, and be more consistent overall as a unit. Conner can be better, if they'd be better for him. That would help Ben out significantly if he wasn't being forced to shoulder the load week after week. The defense also needs to stop digging us into holes early in games. We can't establish a running game when we're down 2-3 TDs in the 1st Quarter because the defense is reeling.

I'm hoping that the Ravens loss was a wake up call. I guess the Browns, Chiefs, and Bucs games all should've been as well, but maybe losing to a bitter rival in such a manner will finally pull them together. One can hope.

_________________
Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Posts : 5166
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 5:35 am

This week the Browns play the Ravens. I think the proof of how bad we are playing will come to light when the Browns win this game. I believe that if Mayfield would have played that first game we'd be 1-3 right now.

I can't remember the last complete game we've played. Can anyone remember? That was the problem last year. We got lucky in at least 3 games last year. We play down to lesser teams and now we can't beat anyone.

My wife used go into the bedroom when the game was on. Now she leaves the house because she doesn't like foul language. The only difference is I get over it faster. I mean it's just a game. I don't play Madden because I suck at video games. I'm starting to feel the same way about watching this team shit all over themselves every week.

On the lighter side for anyone who missed it here's my Joey Porter impersonation: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB   Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Steelers' Coty Sensabaugh could replace Artie Burns as starting CB
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: