HomeWake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Posts : 3904
Likes : 576
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early Empty
PostSubject: Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early   Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 6:49 am

PITTSBURGH -- Ten months after suffering a severe spinal injury inside Paul Brown Stadium that shook fans, players and coaches at their cores, Ryan Shazier is preparing for a Cincinnati Bengals rematch.

As an early-rising coach who has game footage ready to go at 7:30 a.m. sharp.

"He does the same prep as if he were playing that week," Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Tyler Matakevich said.

While on injured reserve for the 2018 season as he recovers from spinal stabilization surgery, Shazier is fulfilling his role as an unofficial linebackers coach. The 26-year-old is unavailable for interviews, but to hear teammates tell it, Shazier takes detailed notes from the defensive coaches' meetings and brings them to his linebackers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/28943/wake-up-ryan-shaziers-coaching-sessions-for-steelers-begin-early


maybe the Steelers can cut coach Joey Porter after the season. Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early 2087824411

_________________
quack quack.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4804
Likes : 696
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early   Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 7:00 am

@effyou515 wrote:
PITTSBURGH -- Ten months after suffering a severe spinal injury inside Paul Brown Stadium that shook fans, players and coaches at their cores, Ryan Shazier is preparing for a Cincinnati Bengals rematch.

As an early-rising coach who has game footage ready to go at 7:30 a.m. sharp.

"He does the same prep as if he were playing that week," Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Tyler Matakevich said.

While on injured reserve for the 2018 season as he recovers from spinal stabilization surgery, Shazier is fulfilling his role as an unofficial linebackers coach. The 26-year-old is unavailable for interviews, but to hear teammates tell it, Shazier takes detailed notes from the defensive coaches' meetings and brings them to his linebackers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/28943/wake-up-ryan-shaziers-coaching-sessions-for-steelers-begin-early


maybe the Steelers can cut coach Joey Porter after the season. Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early 2087824411

My thoughts exactly. I think he'd do a better job.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Posts : 11591
Likes : 802
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early   Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 7:41 am

why do we have to wait until 'after' the season?

_________________
Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4804
Likes : 696
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early   Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 9:35 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
why do we have to wait until 'after' the season?

From what I've read Shazier has been given the reins so the writing may already be on the wall. Anyone notice the way we've been gang tackling the last couple of games? Either Porter has decided to do his job or it's Shazier. My money is on Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1144
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early   Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 10:21 am

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
PITTSBURGH -- Ten months after suffering a severe spinal injury inside Paul Brown Stadium that shook fans, players and coaches at their cores, Ryan Shazier is preparing for a Cincinnati Bengals rematch.

As an early-rising coach who has game footage ready to go at 7:30 a.m. sharp.

"He does the same prep as if he were playing that week," Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Tyler Matakevich said.

While on injured reserve for the 2018 season as he recovers from spinal stabilization surgery, Shazier is fulfilling his role as an unofficial linebackers coach. The 26-year-old is unavailable for interviews, but to hear teammates tell it, Shazier takes detailed notes from the defensive coaches' meetings and brings them to his linebackers on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/28943/wake-up-ryan-shaziers-coaching-sessions-for-steelers-begin-early


maybe the Steelers can cut coach Joey Porter after the season. Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early 2087824411

My thoughts exactly. I think he'd do a better job.


Agreed 100% with this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early   Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Wake up: Ryan Shazier's coaching sessions for Steelers begin early
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: