Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeMiss him yet? - Page 11 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Miss him yet?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 4118
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Miss him yet? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 2:05 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
It’s over for former Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown

Former Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown’s career ended Friday when felony charges were levied against him in Florida. He will not be eligible to play for any NFL franchise for the foreseeable future.

Quote :
On Friday, April 3, 2020, Brown was charged with felony burglary conveyance (whatever that means) and a couple of misdemeanors concerning battery and “mischief.” I’m sure his legal counsel will do everything necessary to keep the former Steelers wideout from lengthy jail time. That’s not the issue.

https://stillcurtain.com/2020/04/06/former-steelers-brown-career/

i honestly dont think he needs jail time. he needs mental therapy help. this guys has serious mental impairments and no amount of jail time is going to fix him.

Sad truth for a lot of people. I see it first hand every day at my job. State and local governments don't want to pay to take care of people with serious mental health issues so they continue to cut budgets and to shut down important mental healthcare facilities. Those of us who work in corrections now have to take care of these people and we're simply not equipped well enough to do so. At least where I work we get a fair bit of training on Mental Health compared to other places but it's still not enough, and county jails and prisons really aren't designed to take care of the mentally ill to begin with. It's sad, some of these guys just legitimately need mental healthcare and society doesn't want to deal with them so they just end up getting locked up because they're out-of-sight and out-of-mind for the general public. It's a true crisis in this country that doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves because people don't want to think about it. I'm a big proponent of trying to better ourselves as a country in this area.

In the case of AB, I agree though. Dude needs to admit he has a problem and seek proper help for it. He has the money and the means to do so, unlike so many others.

_________________
Miss him yet? - Page 11 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 827
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Miss him yet? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 6:41 am

Annnnnnd now he's out of retirement again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-star-wr-antonio-brown-unretires-yet-again/ar-BB1771Ag
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 4118
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Miss him yet? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 8:31 am

@Lokki wrote:
Annnnnnd now he's out of retirement again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-star-wr-antonio-brown-unretires-yet-again/ar-BB1771Ag

Miss him yet? - Page 11 Giphy

_________________
Miss him yet? - Page 11 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

Posts : 3071
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Miss him yet? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 10:20 am

I'd sign him for the vet. minimum.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 667
Join date : 2018-08-31

Miss him yet? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 10:07 pm

@jak341 wrote:
I'd sign him for the vet. minimum.

You'd overpay for him then.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1191
Join date : 2011-04-08

Miss him yet? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 10:10 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
It’s over for former Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown

Former Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown’s career ended Friday when felony charges were levied against him in Florida. He will not be eligible to play for any NFL franchise for the foreseeable future.

Quote :
On Friday, April 3, 2020, Brown was charged with felony burglary conveyance (whatever that means) and a couple of misdemeanors concerning battery and “mischief.” I’m sure his legal counsel will do everything necessary to keep the former Steelers wideout from lengthy jail time. That’s not the issue.

https://stillcurtain.com/2020/04/06/former-steelers-brown-career/

i honestly dont think he needs jail time. he needs mental therapy help. this guys has serious mental impairments and no amount of jail time is going to fix him.

Sad truth for a lot of people. I see it first hand every day at my job. State and local governments don't want to pay to take care of people with serious mental health issues so they continue to cut budgets and to shut down important mental healthcare facilities. Those of us who work in corrections now have to take care of these people and we're simply not equipped well enough to do so. At least where I work we get a fair bit of training on Mental Health compared to other places but it's still not enough, and county jails and prisons really aren't designed to take care of the mentally ill to begin with. It's sad, some of these guys just legitimately need mental healthcare and society doesn't want to deal with them so they just end up getting locked up because they're out-of-sight and out-of-mind for the general public. It's a true crisis in this country that doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves because people don't want to think about it. I'm a big proponent of trying to better ourselves as a country in this area.

In the case of AB, I agree though. Dude needs to admit he has a problem and seek proper help for it. He has the money and the means to do so, unlike so many others.

or another popular theory is we all know prisons are outsourced to private, for profit companies these days, and more prisoners equals more money. now that they are decriminalizing weed they will be looking for a new source of criminals to butter their bread with.

watched some old terrell owens footage about his hall of fame situation and it suddenly struck me how similar owens and AB's personalities are. both were extremely talented and hard working. both came from small schools and played with a chip on their shoulder. they both demand constant attention. they both lashed out at anything they perceived to be criticism. everything was always somebody elses fault and would not take personal responsibility for failed personal relationships with coworkers or management. when skip bayless during an interview with terrell listed all the problems and blowups. terrell had in his career,and he blamed everyone one them on teammates or coaches  i couldnt help but think of AB.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 4118
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Miss him yet? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 5:20 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
It’s over for former Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown

Former Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown’s career ended Friday when felony charges were levied against him in Florida. He will not be eligible to play for any NFL franchise for the foreseeable future.

Quote :
On Friday, April 3, 2020, Brown was charged with felony burglary conveyance (whatever that means) and a couple of misdemeanors concerning battery and “mischief.” I’m sure his legal counsel will do everything necessary to keep the former Steelers wideout from lengthy jail time. That’s not the issue.

https://stillcurtain.com/2020/04/06/former-steelers-brown-career/

i honestly dont think he needs jail time. he needs mental therapy help. this guys has serious mental impairments and no amount of jail time is going to fix him.

Sad truth for a lot of people. I see it first hand every day at my job. State and local governments don't want to pay to take care of people with serious mental health issues so they continue to cut budgets and to shut down important mental healthcare facilities. Those of us who work in corrections now have to take care of these people and we're simply not equipped well enough to do so. At least where I work we get a fair bit of training on Mental Health compared to other places but it's still not enough, and county jails and prisons really aren't designed to take care of the mentally ill to begin with. It's sad, some of these guys just legitimately need mental healthcare and society doesn't want to deal with them so they just end up getting locked up because they're out-of-sight and out-of-mind for the general public. It's a true crisis in this country that doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves because people don't want to think about it. I'm a big proponent of trying to better ourselves as a country in this area.

In the case of AB, I agree though. Dude needs to admit he has a problem and seek proper help for it. He has the money and the means to do so, unlike so many others.

or another popular theory is we all know prisons are outsourced to private, for profit companies these days, and more prisoners equals more money. now that they are decriminalizing weed they will be looking for a new source of criminals to butter their bread with.

watched some old terrell owens footage about his hall of fame situation and it suddenly struck me how similar owens and AB's personalities are. both were extremely talented and hard working. both came from small schools and played with a chip on their shoulder. they both demand constant attention. they both lashed out at anything they perceived to be criticism. everything was always somebody elses fault and would not take personal responsibility for failed personal relationships with coworkers or management. when skip bayless during an interview with terrell listed all the problems and blowups. terrell had in his career,and he blamed everyone one them on teammates or coaches  i couldnt help but think of AB.

Can't really speak to the prison system myself. I work at the county level. I don't believe any of Iowa's prisons are outsourced though, but I could be wrong.

_________________
Miss him yet? - Page 11 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Miss him yet? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 8:15 am

https://www.nfl.com/news/antonio-brown-suspended-eight-games-nfl-2020-season

This puts a rare talent smack dab in the bottom of the bargain basement. He claims he wants to make thing good again but unfortunately his lips were moving.What a waste.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1191
Join date : 2011-04-08

Miss him yet? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:00 pm

@solardave wrote:
https://www.nfl.com/news/antonio-brown-suspended-eight-games-nfl-2020-season

This puts a rare talent smack dab in the bottom of the bargain basement. He claims he wants to make thing good again but unfortunately his lips were moving.What a waste.
well we all know those are not his words. if they were we would have to get out our ebonics dictionary to translate it. Miss him yet? - Page 11 1401235891

anywho...i thought i read he has a few more "incidents" hanging over his head.  Miss him yet? - Page 11 2829330259

Quote :
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
Jul 31
Antonio Brown's eight-game suspension takes effect Week 1, regardless of whether he's on a roster -- and could be extended if further violations are found related to an ongoing civil suit in Florida, per source.

So AB is sidelined at least through Week 8, and potentially longer

even if someone could land him for vet minimum, do you risk handing him free checks and a roster spot when he may get suspended AGAIN ?

personally i dont understand why they even allowed him back until ALL his sins have been paid off...oops i mean washed away....Miss him yet? - Page 11 190127080 .
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Miss him yet? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 5:45 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@solardave wrote:
https://www.nfl.com/news/antonio-brown-suspended-eight-games-nfl-2020-season

This puts a rare talent smack dab in the bottom of the bargain basement. He claims he wants to make thing good again but unfortunately his lips were moving.What a waste.
well we all know those are not his words. if they were we would have to get out our ebonics dictionary to translate it. Miss him yet? - Page 11 1401235891

anywho...i thought i read he has a few more "incidents" hanging over his head.  Miss him yet? - Page 11 2829330259

Quote :
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
Jul 31
Antonio Brown's eight-game suspension takes effect Week 1, regardless of whether he's on a roster -- and could be extended if further violations are found related to an ongoing civil suit in Florida, per source.

So AB is sidelined at least through Week 8, and potentially longer

even if someone could land him for vet minimum, do you risk handing him free checks and a roster spot when he may get suspended AGAIN ?

personally i dont understand why they even allowed him back until ALL his sins have been paid off...oops i mean washed away....Miss him yet? - Page 11 190127080 .  

Yeah I don't see him ever playing in the NFL again. Whatever he has that drives him (CTE or Sociopathic tendencies) he can't just will them away IMO. I still love this commercial


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEjl5Nm9tX4

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Miss him yet? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss him yet?   Miss him yet? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Miss him yet?
Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: