Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhere does it go from here? - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Where does it go from here?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Where does it go from here? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 4:30 am

@jak341 wrote:
Mark Madden has some good ideas on how to fix the offense. I agree with a lot of his ideas.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-horrific-duck-hodges-killed-steelers-season/
He's a hack. I put no stock in what he says.

Hindsight is 20/20 but the Steelers would have been better off keeping Dobbs instead of trading him. He'd have made a lot more plays with his legs than Concrete Feet Rudolph and Hodges combined. He'd have also probably thrown some pics but we got that anyway. There's a reason he beat out Hodges in pre-season.

We need to draft a top lineman first. That needs to be the top priority, unless the "QB of the future" falls into our lap (not likely in season two).

I still say trade Ju Ju. Move up the board and get someone who can make a Day One impact. Washington and Johnson are the top 2 now.

Ben's probably not going to play again. I'd be shocked if he ever takes a regular season snap again. That leaves us with? I shudder to think if it's Rudolph.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 9:20 pm

Kevin Gilbride is available. He was released as TE coach of the Bears. Fitchner for Gilbride? Anyone?

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1212075114570899456?s=20
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 7:16 am

@jak341 wrote:
Kevin Gilbride is available. He was released as TE coach of the Bears. Fitchner for Gilbride? Anyone?

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1212075114570899456?s=20

He was our OC from 99-2000.

99 we finished 6-10
2000 we finished 9-7.
I know we had lousy QB talent in Stewart and Graham in 2000. In 99 we had Stewart,Graham and Gonzalez.
I don't know if he'd be better than Fitchner but I can't see how he could be any worse.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 11:59 am

News flash Randy Fitchner is Ben's hand picked OC as long as Ben is on the team Randy isn't going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 12:23 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
News flash Randy Fitchner is Ben's hand picked OC as long as Ben is on the team Randy isn't going anywhere.

You mean like BA was?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 7:18 pm

BA was brought in from outside the organization and then Ben and him had their man crushes on one anothet.

Fitchner got the OC job because he was the QB coach with Ben and Ben wanted him to have the OC job. If they let Fitchner walk I seriously doubt Ben comes back even if he is healthy, he would be pussed about his hand picked OC going away.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 9:34 pm

BTSC has some ideas on who stays and goes. I agree with them except: keep Hargrave, Finney. Let go of Dupree.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/1/2/21046749/the-decisions-to-be-made-on-the-steelers-big-name-free-agents-arent-really-difficult-bud-dupree-nfl
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 11:28 pm

@jak341 wrote:
BTSC has some ideas on who stays and goes. I agree with them except: keep Hargrave, Finney. Let go of Dupree.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/1/2/21046749/the-decisions-to-be-made-on-the-steelers-big-name-free-agents-arent-really-difficult-bud-dupree-nfl
No way I let Dupree go. Only question is whether to franchise tag him or work a long-term deal. The D is cooking, Dupree had a terrific year - not easy to replace.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 5:04 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
BA was brought in from outside the organization and then Ben and him had their man crushes on one anothet.

Fitchner got the OC job because he was the QB coach with Ben and Ben wanted him to have the OC job. If they let Fitchner walk I seriously doubt Ben comes back even if he is healthy, he would be pussed about his hand picked OC going away.

First I have to ask. How do you know Ben picked Fitchner? Do you have inside info? If Ben gets healthy he will play whether Fitchner is here or not. He has 8.5 million reasons and you think he'd throw that away over Fitchner. He was clearly upset over BA and he didn't go anywhere. Ben's not retiring because of a coach.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 5:11 am

@jak341 wrote:

They're going to tag Dupree. Finney wants to start like they said so he will most likely leave. I believe the only way to keep both Hargrave and Dupree is to tag one of them. I hope like hell they hire Shazier in some capacity.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 7:59 am

BTSC has some more ideas.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/1/8/21051062/fixing-the-steelers-run-game-part-one-replacing-ramon-foster-james-conner-benny-snell-jaylen-samuels
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 3:26 pm

Good, well-read analytical article. Ramon should be applauded for his many years of positive influence on the field and off, and his replacement should be sought.

Someone in the comments mentioned upgrading at fullback. I couldn't disagree more. If Nix is healthy (which he wasn't this year), he is a terrific blocker and outstanding fullback. He was a major game changer when in. Its just that he wasn't in enough.

Regarding TE's - I honestly don't think we utilize our tight ends nearly enough. They are open a lot more than we target them. TE should have been Hodge's #1 target on most plays. If so, he'd have been a lot better off. That's on the OC in my opinion, its Got to be part of the scheme. Vannett can catch the ball and run a little with it as well. He could have been utilized so much more effectively (I omit McDonald simply because he is hurt so often).
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 7:38 pm

TJ Watt is going to need to be paid.

https://www.wpxi.com/sports/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/tj-watts-cost-about-skyrocket/EGN4YNIANVACBGXQHCWCBQ2RME/
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 3:30 am

nine vegetable wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
Mark Madden has some good ideas on how to fix the offense. I agree with a lot of his ideas.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-horrific-duck-hodges-killed-steelers-season/
He's a hack.  I put no stock in what he says.

Couldn't possibly agree more in regards to Mark Madden. Dude is a very poor man's Skip Bayless/Shannon Sharpe. Always saying something inflammatory or controversial to bring attention to himself. He's the living embodiment of the word "clickbait".

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 10:23 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

He's a hack.  I put no stock in what he says.

Couldn't possibly agree more in regards to Mark Madden. Dude is a very poor man's Skip Bayless/Shannon Sharpe. Always saying something inflammatory or controversial to bring attention to himself. He's the living embodiment of the word "clickbait".

There should be an * next to all of these guys (Bayless,Sharpe, and Madden) just like for the Patriots*. The first 2 are biased idiots and Madden is a chest beater from WWF. I don't mean that in a bad way. Where does it go from here? - Page 6 1797695198
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 11:59 am

Interesting take on where the league is heading.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 9:30 am

What is Conner's role with the team?

https://twitter.com/TribSports/status/1216698911278190593?s=19
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 9:55 am

Conners roll is to play 6 or 7 games a year and be injured the rest of the time it would seem.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:09 pm

The twitter comments below the article were beyond stupid. Conner was a good back when he was healthy and playing. Better question would be how to build him up so he is more durable.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 7:17 pm

Article is light in details, but could the Steelers trade into the 1st? If so, who goes?

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2020/01/nfl-draft-2020-where-the-steelers-can-trade-back-into-the-1st-round.html
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 10:52 am

@jak341 wrote:
Article is light in details, but could the Steelers trade into the 1st? If so, who goes?

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2020/01/nfl-draft-2020-where-the-steelers-can-trade-back-into-the-1st-round.html

You nailed it. Light on details indeed. Like who are we going to trade? Most of our UFA are not trade bait unless they tag Dupree and he signs it. Other than him who else is there?
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 am

I can think of only 3 players who would get you into the 1st: T.J., Minkah, and (maybe) JuJu.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 1:35 pm

@jak341 wrote:
I can think of only 3 players who would get you into the 1st: T.J., Minkah, and (maybe) JuJu.
If trading Ju Ju could get us into the first round, I'd make that trade.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 1:19 pm

Penn Live on why the Steelers cannot sign Hargrave.

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2020/01/how-much-will-it-cost-the-steelers-to-keep-javon-hargrave-in-free-agency.html
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 4:40 pm

I hate saying it but trade Juju for a 1 and draft 2 OL in the first 2 picks. Our OL was and will be the Achilles heel of the team if its not addressed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where does it go from here?
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: