Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhere does it go from here? - Page 9 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Where does it go from here?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Where does it go from here? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 7:17 pm

Our entire 2016 class could be gone this offseason.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/21/steelers-nfl-2016-draft-artie-burns-javon-hargrave-sean-davis/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 11:38 am

@jak341 wrote:
Our entire 2016 class could be gone this offseason.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/21/steelers-nfl-2016-draft-artie-burns-javon-hargrave-sean-davis/

Other than Hargrave it's no big deal. No one we'll miss.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 7:41 am

Our 2015 and 2016 classes were horrible. I can't understand that we're still competitive after screwing it up 2 years in a row.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 3:45 pm

This is a scorching hot take. I would completely disregard it. Because the source is Peter King, I can't completely disregard it.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/peter-king-jameis-winston-steelers
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 7:11 am

Colbert interview here.

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2020/02/checking-in-on-antonio-brown-splitting-the-difference-with-ben-roethlisberger-other-kevin-colbert-nfl-combine-takeaways.html
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 7:42 am

@jak341 wrote:
This is a scorching hot take. I would completely disregard it. Because the source is Peter King, I can't completely disregard it.

First of all we don't have the cap space. Second we don't need an interception machine. Peter King knows this is fantasy speculation at best.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 2:45 am

@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

First of all we don't have the cap space. Second we don't need an interception machine. Peter King knows this is fantasy speculation at best.

dude had a bad year on a bad team...it happens Where does it go from here? - Page 9 2087824411

lets compare Bens bad year of 2006 his 3rd year..to winstons 2019 5th year

469 att....59.7 comp %...18 tds...3.8 td %...23 ints...4.9 int %

626 att....60.7 comp %...30 tds...5.3 td %...30 ints...4.8 int %

bens record that year 7-8
winstons record 7-9
so had Ben thrown the ball another 157 times would his td % improved or would his int % gotten worse ?...Ben was coming off a 9-3 w/l superbowl record the year before , winston is coming off a a 3-11 season.Where does it go from here? - Page 9 3135543967 of course Ben almost dying may have played a part in it.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 5:44 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

dude had a bad year on a bad team...it happens Where does it go from here? - Page 9 2087824411

winstons record 7-9
so had Ben thrown the ball another 157 times would his td % improved or would his int % gotten worse ?...Ben was coming off a 9-3 w/l superbowl record the year before , winston is coming off a a 3-11 season.Where does it go from here? - Page 9 3135543967 of course Ben almost dying may have played a part in it.

OK. Take away my statement that we don't need an Int. machine and tell me how we make this signing work. What moves can we make to afford a starting QB as a back up?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 4:52 pm

@solardave wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

winstons record 7-9

OK. Take away my statement that we don't need an Int. machine and tell me how we make this signing work. What moves can we make to afford a starting QB as a back up?

oh i dont see it happening...i just like debating and playing the devils advocate... Where does it go from here? - Page 9 1797695198

BUT...if they had the will, i wouldnt mind seeing them work some kind of a deal with the raiders for a QB salary friendly derrick carr. lots of rumors about gruden wanting a new QB and carr has 3 years left on his contract, which pays only about 19 million a year i think. of course that is also not realistic with lack of draft currency and cap space. i believe we are stuck with what we have this year. i think it is going to be another disappointing season. BUT on the flip side the NFL wants to start having teams with losing records in the playoffs, so we got a shot !!! Where does it go from here? - Page 9 1647293567

i just pray to god they dont do something stupid and take jalen hurts in the draft, like a few are trying to mock to us... Where does it go from here? - Page 9 1505004552
but i do think they will take a qb with one of their first 2 selections...i think a TE will be at the top of the list. in fact they just had Albert Okwuegbunam TE Missouri for a visit, who some have as the steelers first selection.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 5:57 pm

The second time I've seen this story.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/29/steelers-nfl-scouting-combine-2020-draft/
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 1:57 am

Regarding, Winston, he's a terrible person AND a terrible QB. No way do I ever want to see him in a Steeler uniform.

To say nothing of the salary cap. No way will the Steelers be able to afford a free agent QB of any quality until Ben's salary is off the books. If we could afford it I'd love to get Teddy Bridgewater - but we can't afford it.

Ben's not going to play this upcoming year - but he is going to get paid.

Wish we still had Dobbs.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 3:13 am

nine vegetable wrote:
Regarding, Winston, he's a terrible person AND a terrible QB.  No way do I ever want to see him in a Steeler uniform.

To say nothing of the salary cap.  No way will the Steelers be able to afford a free agent QB of any quality until Ben's salary is off the books.  If we could afford it I'd love to get Teddy Bridgewater - but we can't afford it.

Wish we still had Dobbs.
well we have a rapist if you believe the accusations ...and is a person that killed and tortured dogs worse than anything winston has done ? the NFL is no place to look for people with morals.the people like Troy are a rare thing in todays NFL.

but as i said derrick carr is probably the cheapest talent for dollar deal in the NFL right now. the guy has shown he can put up nice stats when he has talent around him. 19 mill a year is a bargain. of course the raiders deny the trade rumors, but they did say .......

Quote :
“Derek played at a high level last season. I’m very happy with Derek,” said Mayock, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. “But as I’ve said before, we will evaluate every position on our roster and if there’s a chance to upgrade, we will look into that.”
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 6:47 am

If we're going to fantasize about QB FAs how about Taysom Hill? I'd also be good with either Carr or Bridgewater.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:56 pm

Imo Carr could be a good fit with the Steelers, I like him as a QB. They call the Raiders the black hole for a reason. Where does it go from here? - Page 9 1797695198 If the Steelers were to trade out the QB positon it be with Carr.

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 2:39 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
Regarding, Winston, he's a terrible person AND a terrible QB.  No way do I ever want to see him in a Steeler uniform.

To say nothing of the salary cap.  No way will the Steelers be able to afford a free agent QB of any quality until Ben's salary is off the books.  If we could afford it I'd love to get Teddy Bridgewater - but we can't afford it.

Wish we still had Dobbs.
well we have a rapist if you believe the accusations ...and is a person that killed and tortured dogs worse than anything winston has done ? the NFL is no place to look for people with morals.the people like Troy are a rare thing in todays NFL.

but as i said derrick carr is probably the cheapest talent for dollar deal in the NFL right now. the guy has shown he can put up nice stats when he has talent around him. 19 mill a year is a bargain. of course the raiders deny the trade rumors, but they did say .......

Quote :
“Derek played at a high level last season. I’m very happy with Derek,” said Mayock, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. “But as I’ve said before, we will evaluate every position on our roster and if there’s a chance to upgrade, we will look into that.”
To answer your question, No, I do not believe the accusations, I never did.

As for Winston, I see you making the Vick comparison. I hated that we picked up Vick. I would also hate if we picked up Winston. Neither player or anything like them belongs on the Steelers. I don't know why you even brought up Vick, he wasn't part of the conversation.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 2:39 pm

@solardave wrote:
If we're going to fantasize about QB FAs how about Taysom Hill? I'd also be good with either Carr or Bridgewater.
I like all of them but we won't get any of them. No $ for a high $ QB.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 11:58 pm

nine vegetable wrote:

Wish we still had Dobbs.
i wasnt suggesting you or any steeler fan wanted Vick. just the opposite. but the front office did . i'm just pointing out that the steelers aren't really on moral high ground  when it comes to superior moral policing than any other team. they'll cut a lesser player in a heart beat just on an accusation , but when it comes to a key player , they are willing to let it play out.
so if they really wanted winston , his past transgression likely wouldnt stop them. thats why i brought up Vick. they had to think  most steeler fans would object and didnt care. its kind of sickening to force fans to root for a scumbag to do well just for the teams sake.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 4:28 am

nine vegetable wrote:

Wish we still had Dobbs.
i wasnt suggesting you or any steeler fan wanted Vick. just the opposite. but the front office did . i'm just pointing out that the steelers aren't really on moral high ground  when it comes to superior moral policing than any other team. they'll cut a lesser player in a heart beat just on an accusation , but when it comes to a key player , they are willing to let it play out.
so if they really wanted winston , his past transgression likely wouldnt stop them. thats why i brought up Vick. they had to think  most steeler fans would object and didnt care. its kind of sickening to force fans to root for a scumbag to do well just for the teams sake.

Can't argue with you here. IMO Vick was one of the worst FA signings we've seen on this team on many levels.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 1:51 pm

@solardave wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

Wish we still had Dobbs.

Can't argue with you here. IMO Vick was one of the worst FA signings we've seen on this team on many levels.

indeed...from a moral and talent point of view. even if he wasnt a scumbag i still would not have liked the signing. the same way i hated when they signed david woodly , kent grahm, or mike tomzac.
is it their arrogance that they think they can polish a turd and make them not stink ? i mean a change of scenery can elevate a players play, not sure if its a system thing or team mate chemistry or just better coaching or a combination of all, but it can happen. just like we have seen star players go to different teams and suck. i believe derrick carr could be a top 5 QB in this league in the right situation.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 3:09 pm

@solardave wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

Wish we still had Dobbs.

indeed...from a moral and talent point of view. even if he wasnt a scumbag i still would not have liked the signing. the same way i hated when they signed david woodly , kent grahm, or mike tomzac.
is it their arrogance that they think they can polish a turd and make them not stink ? i mean a change of  scenery can elevate a players play, not sure if its a system thing or team mate chemistry or just better coaching or a combination of all, but it can happen. just like we have seen star players go to different teams and suck. i believe derrick carr could be a top 5 QB in this league in the right situation.

I do like Derek, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing us kick the tires on him. But it won't be this year unless Big Ben is suddenly gone.

While I think BB has matured a lot, I really hope our next franchise QB is closer to a Mahomes - in class, humility, and every way. That kid is a great kid.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 6:37 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
@solardave wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

Wish we still had Dobbs.

is it their arrogance that they think they can polish a turd and make them not stink ? i mean a change of  scenery can elevate a players play, not sure if its a system thing or team mate chemistry or just better coaching or a combination of all, but it can happen. just like we have seen star players go to different teams and suck. i believe derrick carr could be a top 5 QB in this league in the right situation.

I do like Derek, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing us kick the tires on him.  But it won't be this year unless Big Ben is suddenly gone.

While I think BB has matured a lot, I really hope our next franchise QB is closer to a Mahomes - in class, humility, and every way.  That kid is a great kid.

i predicted on this very forum mahomes would be the best qb in that class and would be a star in this league..unfortunately the search feature would not go back that far for me to dig it up and gloat about being right....my next hot pick is  Tua ​Tagovailoa . same predictions, best of the class and a future NFL star. god forbid he somehow ends up a patriot because of his injury history. i also predict jalen hurts will suck and keep seeing him being mocked to the steelers. Where does it go from here? - Page 9 190127080
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 4:49 pm

May not be able to sign our RFAs.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/03/rfa-tender-for-mike-hilton-may-be-difficult-to-swing-for-steelers/
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 6:58 pm

@jak341 wrote:
May not be able to sign our RFAs.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/03/rfa-tender-for-mike-hilton-may-be-difficult-to-swing-for-steelers/
they can add another 1.25 million by cutting that worthless daniel mCcullers..his cap hit would only be 250k which is more than he should have been paid for the season

the 2020 draft class looks deep in WR and OT...but not much anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 9:03 am

UG III is expected to take a larger role.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/03/the-time-is-now-for-ulysees-gilbert-iii-to-be-the-next-man-up/
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 9:45 am

Good analysis on Hargrave

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2020/3/19/21183547/how-much-will-the-loss-of-javon-hargrave-hurt-the-steelers-defense-keith-butler-eagles-nfl-news
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where does it go from here?
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: