HomeWhere does it go from here? - Page 10 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Where does it go from here?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Where does it go from here? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 10:32 am

@jak341 wrote:
UG III is expected to take a larger role.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/03/the-time-is-now-for-ulysees-gilbert-iii-to-be-the-next-man-up/

I liked him when we picked him. Hope he can step in and take up Barron's slack.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 12:48 pm

🤔

Veteran minimum or slightly above for a backup role?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-likely-to-release-joe-flacco-after-signing-another-qb-to-back-up-drew-lock-per-report/amp/
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 2:30 pm

@jak341 wrote:
🤔

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-likely-to-release-joe-flacco-after-signing-another-qb-to-back-up-drew-lock-per-report/amp/
Flacco?

No.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Entire 2016 draft class is gone.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/03/steelers-2016-draft-class-officially-gone/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 3:43 am

nine vegetable wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
🤔

Flacco?

No.

If he'd take a backup spot for cheap sure.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 7:14 am

Dionte Johnson honing his craft with AB.

https://www.facebook.com/390188491133279/posts/1581221628696620/?sfnsn=mo
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 8:25 am

@jak341 wrote:

Just what we need. AB's influence on a young talented WR. Where does it go from here? - Page 10 2913999526
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 3:25 pm

@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Just what we need. AB's influence on a young talented WR. Where does it go from here? - Page 10 2913999526
indeed..the steelers need to get a restraining order to keep AB away from their players. why would anyone want to be around that douchebag after the way they seen him turn on JUJU ?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 3:29 pm

Young men are easily influenced. Hopefully he wont turn into a giant bag of shit like AB did...
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 3:31 pm

Steelers sign Eric Ebron... why keep McDonald seems odd to have two higher paid TEs on the team right now...

Can't wrap my head around this move... wtf?
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 8:56 am

Random banter during the Coronavirus shutdown.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2020/03/20/zach-banner-cam-heyward-devin-bush-steelers-twitter-fun-funny-jokes-quarantine-hh/
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Now, Cam Newton is rumored to us.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/03/cam-new-team/
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 3:43 am

@jak341 wrote:
Now, Cam Newton is rumored to us.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/03/cam-new-team/
i dont see Newton in pittsburgh, because he aint going to take a backup roll and back up money. the guy is a former MVP after all. i think he ends up in San Diego. or LA rather. but i do see winston taking back up money for a year. can you imagine ben having a bad game ? or even a bad half ? right away the fans will start calling for newton ... Where does it go from here? - Page 10 1797695198
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 11:55 am

Via Steelers Depot: PFF says we have the most complete roster.

I don't see it at all. I see question marks everywhere from OL, to QB to WR. What am I not seeing that everyone else is?

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/03/pff-sees-steelers-as-most-complete-roster-with-nt-the-biggest-remaining-need/
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 3:13 pm

@jak341 wrote:

I don't see it at all. I see question marks everywhere from OL, to QB to WR. What am I not seeing that everyone else is?

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/03/pff-sees-steelers-as-most-complete-roster-with-nt-the-biggest-remaining-need/
im with you. especially when it comes to depth. unless they are going to put their faith in some of the young guys like mondeaux, buggs gilbert, skipper adenyi, layne, and gray...plus rookies.... Where does it go from here? - Page 10 2087824411
they have names on paper for a roster, but like you said, lots of question marks beside the names. and there will be even more for next season.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 12:12 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

im with you. especially when it comes to depth. unless they are going to put their faith in some of the young guys like mondeaux, buggs gilbert, skipper adenyi, layne, and gray...plus rookies.... Where does it go from here? - Page 10 2087824411
they have names on paper for a roster, but like you said, lots of question marks beside the names. and there will be even more for next season.

I have hope for this coming season, although I'm not sure I'd claim the Steelers have the most complete roster.

DL: Hargrave leaving does hurt because Heyward and Tuitt haven't really stayed healthy at the same time and the Grave Digger did more than a decent job filling in. Not sure Wormley is near as good as Hargrave, but I've heard he might be better in the run game. If Tuitt and Heyward stay healthy then I think the D-line is better than last year.

LB: Barron leaving probably isn't a big deal, although I did like the guy. I thought he was under-appreciated. Bush will be better; I think Adeniyi will be better than Chikillo, there's talent in Gilbert and Skipper (I think Gilbert is better), and Spillane could be a positive surprise. So LB should be better. I worry that Williams will start to lose a step, but he's been playing above his grade since day one.

CBs looks almost stacked: Haden, Nelson, Hilton, Sutton. I still like Justin Layne (the guy just turned 22). I worry that Haden is getting long in the tooth, but he had a good year last season.

S should be just as good, or maybe better. Fitzpatrick is a total stud, but we all knew that when the Steelers gave up this year's 1st round pick for him. Edmunds should get better. I thought there were some angles and some late recognition that still pestered him last season. But he should make a jump with maturity. Dangerfield is a role player mostly on STs. Don't forget about Marcus Allen. I think he could still play that S who walks down in the box as an extra LB.

QB: Ben will be back and I think that elbow issue was bothering him for more than a year. So I do expect he could be a better passer this upcoming season. I still really like Rudolph. I think he had some down games after taking that nap on the field against the ratbirds. But he looked like he was playing well against the Jets until they almost killed him. He can only get better and remember, one of his strengths is studying and learning how to get better. Hodges probably doesn't make the squad next season, because either Lynch or Barrett beats him out. They're just better.

RB: Connor is what you see. When healthy, he's pretty good. Although, I'd like him better if he were our #2 RB (which means we'd have a baller as a #1 RB). Snell was better than I thought he would be last year and should get better (but not a #1 RB). Watt could be better than Nix by just staying healthy. The rest are going to have to work hard to make the squad. I think the Steelers possibly draft a RB with their 2nd round pick.

OL; I think this unit could be even better this year. I liked the grit that Foster brought, but his best days were behind him. Pouncey seemed off last year, especially his shotgun snaps. There's no reason he shouldn't get it back on track. DeCastro is a stud. VA struggled, but he has the toughest job on the line. Feiler played way above his grade last season (I agree with MOP that they may kick him to LG and let someone else fight for the RT spot). Wisniewski should be an upgrade over Finney. Okorafor and Banner have huge potential. And yeah, I wouldn't count out Gray. This squad seemed to take a ton of heat last season. I give them a pass because the lack of Ben and Connor (half the time) is a killer to the O-line ... there were too many games there was a general lack of experience in the backfield.

WR: I really like this group. With little to no threat of a run game and QBs with zero starting experience, it hurt their production. But this is a very young group and I think they will have a huge impact next season. Johnson is going to be a monster in this league and I have no issue with him working out with AB (especially since AB is done playing his games with the Steelers ... he could very well be telling Johnson how he screwed the pooch).

TE: Glad they didn't ditch McDonald; Ebron will certainly make defenses account for him in the passing game. The Steelers know he's not a blocker and that's not as big an issues as what I see people splashing on the internet. They will use his strengths to their advantage. If he were a great blocker, he'd get nothing less than $10M per year and wouldn't be a Steeler. Gentry should be better and I think Raider could be someone to watch (especially if Gentry doesn't progress).

ST: Boswell and Berry are still better than average.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 8:39 am

Nick Vannett doesn't have kind words about the organization.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/03/steelers-broncos-nick-vannett-nfl/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 10:48 am

"if they'd of played me more I would have continued the love" Newsflash Nick. You were in the wrong place,wrong time and last season SUCKED for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 11:57 am

That's pretty classless of him. I'm glad he's gone. He wasn't very good anyway.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 1:54 pm

Last year was a shit show for the organization it started with AB losing his mind and went steadily downhill from there. The only bright spot was our Defense looks like it is on the rise again.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:22 pm

Article about Juju.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/gm-report/steelers-amari-cooper-deal
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 12:02 am

@jak341 wrote:
Article about Juju.

Time to restart the conversation about moving him at draft time.

I would still be in favor of it. To me it would be an excellent forward-thinking move that should land us in the 1st round (if that's what we choose to get out of it).

Diontae Johnson and James Washington will be our #1 and #2 (not necessarily in that order but time will tell) anyway.

Trade him at the draft.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 5:55 am

nine vegetable wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
Article about Juju.

Time to restart the conversation about moving him at draft time.

I would still be in favor of it.  To me it would be an excellent forward-thinking move that should land us in the 1st round (if that's what we choose to get out of it).

Diontae Johnson and James Washington will be our #1 and #2 (not necessarily in that order but time will tell) anyway.

Trade him at the draft.

i honestly dont see them being able to get a 1st round pick for him. sure he was injured and out a few games but he didnt do a whole lot before he got injured. maybe it was the qb's maybe not...could be because he was getting the double team and just couldnt get open the way AB still found a way to do.... Where does it go from here? - Page 10 2087824411
both johnson and washington looked better the 2nd half of the season than he did before his injury.
i would be content content with a top of the 2nd pick...maybe from the colts or giants , and a 4th round pick.

other teams are also aware he is in in a contract year , and may only get a year out of him. Where does it go from here? - Page 10 2672159185

i would take a strait up trade with the raiders for derick carr ... Where does it go from here? - Page 10 184121345
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 2:47 pm

Dallas was flat out stupid paying Cooper that kind of money. Juju needs to show up and make it apparent he is a true #1 Reciever last year he wasn't getting separation, had some key dropped balls, and he didn't stand out from Washington or Johnson.

A trade wouldn't be a bad thing but seriously doubt anyone is going to give up a #1 for him considering what he did and didn't do last year.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 7:16 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Dallas was flat out stupid paying Cooper that kind of money. Juju needs to show up and make it apparent he is a true #1 Reciever last year he wasn't getting separation, had some key dropped balls, and he didn't stand out from Washington or Johnson.

A trade wouldn't be a bad thing but seriously doubt anyone is going to give up a #1 for him considering what he did and didn't do last year.
agreed on all points. dont get me wrong. i'd like to keep JuJu but he is not a must have player. i mean look at what houston took for andre johnson. Where does it go from here? - Page 10 1505004552
you can point to QB's and injuries for his mediocre year, but a star finds a way to shine. even johnson and washington were able to take steps forward under the same circumstances JuJu had to deal with.

this is all a moot point because the steelers seldom do the logical thing.

plus you got to factor in a nice WR class this year so a team has a good chance of getting a quality receiver even in the 2nd round that will pay better dividens than JuJu longer term. by that i mean a 4 year contact starter that will cost less than JuJu's 2021 salary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where does it go from here?
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: