Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhere does it go from here? - Page 11 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Where does it go from here?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Where does it go from here? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 10:22 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Dallas was flat out stupid paying Cooper that kind of money. Juju needs to show up and make it apparent he is a true #1 Reciever last year he wasn't getting separation, had some key dropped balls, and he didn't stand out from Washington or Johnson.

A trade wouldn't be a bad thing but seriously doubt anyone is going to give up a #1 for him considering what he did and didn't do last year.
agreed on all points. dont get me wrong. i'd like to keep JuJu but he is not a must have player. i mean look at what houston took for andre johnson. Where does it go from here? - Page 11 1505004552
you can point to QB's and injuries for his mediocre year, but a star finds a way to shine. even johnson and washington were able to take steps forward under the same circumstances JuJu had to deal with.

this is all a moot point because the steelers seldom do the logical thing.

plus you got to factor in a nice WR class this year so a team has a good chance of getting a quality receiver even in the 2nd round that will pay better dividens than JuJu longer term. by that i mean a 4 year contact starter that will cost less than JuJu's 2021 salary.
I should have been more clear. I've never expected that someone would give us a 1st rounder in a straight-up trade. I think I said, "get into the 1st round." I was more thinking, trade him and the 2nd rounder, get into the first round (might be a lower round pick coming our way with it, too, but you get the point).
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 5:54 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Dallas was flat out stupid paying Cooper that kind of money. Juju needs to show up and make it apparent he is a true #1 Reciever last year he wasn't getting separation, had some key dropped balls, and he didn't stand out from Washington or Johnson.

A trade wouldn't be a bad thing but seriously doubt anyone is going to give up a #1 for him considering what he did and didn't do last year.
agreed on all points. dont get me wrong. i'd like to keep JuJu but he is not a must have player. i mean look at what houston took for andre johnson. Where does it go from here? - Page 11 1505004552
you can point to QB's and injuries for his mediocre year, but a star finds a way to shine. even johnson and washington were able to take steps forward under the same circumstances JuJu had to deal with.

plus you got to factor in a nice WR class this year so a team has a good chance of getting a quality receiver even in the 2nd round that will pay better dividens than JuJu longer term. by that i mean a 4 year contact starter that will cost less than JuJu's 2021 salary.
I should have been more clear.  I've never expected that someone would give us a 1st rounder in a straight-up trade.  I think I said, "get into the 1st round."  I was more thinking, trade him and the 2nd rounder, get into the first round (might be a lower round pick coming our way with it, too, but you get the point).
ok gotcha...i understood you were agreeing with me on his value, i was just elaborating some more.. Where does it go from here? - Page 11 1797695198 i cautioned people not to get their expectations to high for AB's trade value, now i''m doing the same with JuJu if they did decide to shop him around.

what i dont like about the idea is if you trade JuJu and the 2nd, i think that forces that 1st round pick to be used on a receiver instead of BPA . if they keep JuJu at least they have this draft and next years draft to find starter quality to replace him. lose him this year and they got to swing for the fences to replace him and might miss out on getting a quality starter at another position. in other words if they trade JUjU WR becomes a high priority where right now it shouldnt be  so high on the list until next years draft.

after signing free agents i do think they are leaning towards a WR or RB with the 49th pick , but that wouldnt be my draft strategy. i see to many people on the wrong side of 30 on the oline , plus a left tackle who's contract and level of play expiring. not to mention there's a shiny new QB in the near future who i would want to make as comfortable as possible in the pocket and have a solid run game to fall back on ... Where does it go from here? - Page 11 2981382511
i would spend no less than 2 of this years first 3 picks on the oline.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 8:45 pm

I would not be against 2 picks going O-Line. I really think that was a huge problem for us last year. They could not get any kind of run game going on a consistent basis even against poor run defenses, There was little to no push from the left side of the line and our RBs were getting stuffed at the line on a regular basis. Our QBs were far to often left in 3rd and long situations and thats rough on a 2nd year and rookie QB no matter who you are.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 10:15 am

Thankfully, this will not be us.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 11:24 am

nine vegetable wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I should have been more clear.  I've never expected that someone would give us a 1st rounder in a straight-up trade.  I think I said, "get into the 1st round."  I was more thinking, trade him and the 2nd rounder, get into the first round (might be a lower round pick coming our way with it, too, but you get the point).
ok gotcha...i understood you were agreeing with me on his value, i was just elaborating some more.. Where does it go from here? - Page 11 1797695198 i cautioned people not to get their expectations to high for AB's trade value, now i''m doing the same with JuJu if they did decide to shop him around.

what i dont like about the idea is if you trade JuJu and the 2nd, i think that forces that 1st round pick to be used on a receiver instead of BPA . if they keep JuJu at least they have this draft and next years draft to find starter quality to replace him. lose him this year and they got to swing for the fences to replace him and might miss out on getting a quality starter at another position. in other words if they trade JUjU WR becomes a high priority where right now it shouldnt be  so high on the list until next years draft.

after signing free agents i do think they are leaning towards a WR or RB with the 49th pick , but that wouldnt be my draft strategy. i see to many people on the wrong side of 30 on the oline , plus a left tackle who's contract and level of play expiring. not to mention there's a shiny new QB in the near future who i would want to make as comfortable as possible in the pocket and have a solid run game to fall back on ... Where does it go from here? - Page 11 2981382511
Its funny how the Steelers were criticized for only getting a 3rd and 5th for AB....as it turns out, that was highway robbery!

I agree with both of you on this: O-Line first. Although I'd go for Taylor at RB if he were available.

I respectfully disagree that if we traded JuJu and the 2nd, and got into the 1st round, we've have to take a WR. I could see them using that move to get Taylor if he were still out there. Or a great OL.

I don't think we are desperate for a WR if we trade JuJu. We've been able to get good value later in the draft at WR.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 4:29 pm

JuJu is going to play for us this year and next year he'll bolt. He didn't have Ben throwing him the ball last year and that says a lot considering who we had at QB by committee. DJ and JW will take the next step. One of them may assume the #1 slot by years end. This all hinges on Ben.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 8:14 pm

I understand your point about not having Ben throwing to him. But Diontae and Washington stepped up, and JuJu took a big step backwards.

I'd rather get value out of him if we're going to lose him anyway.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 12:48 am

nine vegetable wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Its funny how the Steelers were criticized for only getting a 3rd and 5th for AB....as it turns out, that was highway robbery!

I agree with both of you on this:  O-Line first.  Although I'd go for Taylor at RB if he were available.  

I respectfully disagree that if we traded JuJu and the 2nd, and got into the 1st round, we've have to take a WR.  I could see them using that move to get Taylor if he were still out there.  Or a great OL.  

I don't think we are desperate for a WR if we trade JuJu.  We've been able to get good value later in the draft at WR.

and who do you see as the 3rd receiver if not JuJu ? do they roll with switzer in the slot ? pluck somebody off the free agent scrap heap ? rely on finding a gem with the late 3rd or forth round pick ? sure the steelers have had some success finding late round WR picks, but they've also picked their share of duds who didnt make the practice squad let a lone the 53 man roster.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 1:12 am

@solardave wrote:
JuJu is going to play for us this year and next year he'll bolt. He didn't have Ben throwing him the ball last year and that says a lot considering who we had at QB by committee. DJ and JW will take the next step. One of them may assume the #1 slot by years end. This all hinges on Ben.
yep...the steelers arent as smart as the Patriots** when it comes to working the free agency market. they dont seem to look beyond the coming year and plan appropriately. i mean i myself starting thinking about life after Ben as soon as he started his retirement talk bull shit. i would have started looking to add his replacement to the roster that very year the way the packers did with aaron rogers. yes that includes spending a 1st round pick if i thought he was the guy i needed. i so badly wanted them to go for mahomes. now i see years of horrible oline play in the future similar to the way it was before munchak.
i also think only a fool would think the qb doesnt effect a WR's play , but i also think a great WR still finds a way to shine despite not having a top QB throwing to him or a great receiver on the other side . AJ Green ? Calvin Johnson ? as i said before and mr vegetable said , washington and johnsons games elevated as the season went on. JuJu stayed flat. he didnt look anything remotely like he did the previous years. maybe that turd moncrief rubbed off on him ?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 2087824411
i mean who knows..maybe JuJu goes back to form...then his asking price goes to 25 million a year...bye bye JUJU, and if he looks like he did last year or maybe a little better, he will then cost less but is the value still there compared to a chance of getting a knew guy for 4 or 5 years at a cheaper rate, who may do as much or more ?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 9:09 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I agree with both of you on this:  O-Line first.  Although I'd go for Taylor at RB if he were available.  

I respectfully disagree that if we traded JuJu and the 2nd, and got into the 1st round, we've have to take a WR.  I could see them using that move to get Taylor if he were still out there.  Or a great OL.  

I don't think we are desperate for a WR if we trade JuJu.  We've been able to get good value later in the draft at WR.

and who do you see as the 3rd receiver if not JuJu  ? do they roll with switzer in the slot ?  pluck somebody off the free agent scrap heap ? rely on finding a gem with the late 3rd or forth round pick ? sure the steelers have had some success finding late round WR picks, but they've also picked their share of duds who didnt make the practice squad let a lone the 53 man roster.
Honestly, I'd rather get a 1st round, plug-in lineman stud in Round 1 than worry about who my #3 WR is going to be. With Ebron and McDonald in the fold, and Derek Watt at FB, we could run the ball much better, pass to Watt out of the backfield and those TE's more as well. We'd have more balance and blocking, and the O would be much better off. Heck, maybe we'd even keep Ben upright for 17 games.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 9:52 am

Here is an audio of Ben talking on WDVE. In it he praises JW, DJ and stands up for JU JU. Pretty good take on leadership.

https://www.steelers.com/audio/icymi-roethlisberger-on-dve-morning-show-4-8-20
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 3:18 pm

Fair points made by MM.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-steelers-should-start-stefen-wisniewski-at-left-guard-but-they-wont/
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 9:51 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Fair points made by MM.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-steelers-should-start-stefen-wisniewski-at-left-guard-but-they-wont/
oh for sure...you shouldn't keep your best option on the sidelines "just in case". they should draft a versatile linemen for that role. and there are a few in this draft to be had. isn't this how feiller got on the roster ? Where does it go from here? - Page 11 2087824411
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 8:53 pm

Well, now this is interesting.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/4/15/21220953/steelers-qb-paxton-lynch-is-a-first-round-talent-hidden-deep-on-the-depth-chart-ben-roethlisberger
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 2:25 am

@jak341 wrote:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/4/15/21220953/steelers-qb-paxton-lynch-is-a-first-round-talent-hidden-deep-on-the-depth-chart-ben-roethlisberger

it's a pile of bull shit. Lynch is just another bust QB that a foolish desperate GM over reached for.
here is every QB drafted in the 1st round in the last decade...did  all the ones who sucked just land with the wrong team and wrong system ? the only thing lynch has going for him over the other bust in the club is he never got a full season to show how bad he really is.....  Where does it go from here? - Page 11 1549491426

Matthew Stafford

Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin III
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
EJ Manuel
Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel
Teddy Bridgewater
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Paxton Lynch
Mitchell Trubisky
Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson
Kyler Murray
Daniel Jones
Dwayne Haskins
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 3:40 am

@jak341 wrote:

it's a pile of bull shit. Lynch is just another bust QB that a foolish desperate GM over reached for.
every QB drafted in the 1st round in the mast decade...did  all the ones who sucked just land with the wrong team and wrong system ?

I read that article and it had me rolling my eyes as well. Paxton Lynch hasn't been able to stay with even one team, he had plenty of opportunity to show that he could be the guy when he was in Denver. Pressure or not, he didn't perform very well and he's bounced around for a reason. I saw him as nothing more than a 3rd string guy in an emergency situation for us. They may keep him as a camp body to push the other guys to be better, but I don't see him sticking with this team. Maybe he proves us wrong, but I'm going to go ahead and doubt that.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 4:11 am

nine vegetable wrote:
I understand your point about not having Ben throwing to him.  But Diontae and Washington stepped up, and JuJu took a big step backwards.  

DJ and JW weren't double teamed either. I can't say that JU JU was all the time but I'd say he was a lot more times than the other 2 and maybe Ju Ju is not our #1. Would it be so bad to have him at #2 where he can shine?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 4:20 am

@jak341 wrote:

here is every QB drafted in the 1st round in the last decade...did  all the ones who sucked just land with the wrong team and wrong system ? the only thing lynch has going for him over the other bust in the club is he never got a full season to show how bad he really is.....  Where does it go from here? - Page 11 1549491426

Matthew Stafford

Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin III
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
EJ Manuel
Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel
Teddy Bridgewater
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Paxton Lynch
Mitchell Trubisky
Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson
Baker Mayfield
Sam DarnoldI think this guy will become a franchise QB if not this year soon after.
Josh Allen
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson He looked pretty special last year but these types of QBs get figured out quick and fade away.He may prove me wrong but I doubt it.I also think guys like him get hurt faster because of their reckless style.
Kyler Murray
Daniel Jones
Dwayne Haskins
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 7:39 am

I'm not necessarily sold on Juju being a true #1. He had extra pressure put on him last season and his production went down. I think Juju flourishes when he's the #2, and can line up in the slot as well. That's where he makes his money.

If Diontae Johnson can take a big step this season and develop into a #1 that would definitely help Juju and James Washington out. I will say this though about JW, I'm not 100% sold on him either. There are times where he really flashes, the dude has great hands, but I also see him struggling to get separation at times. He needs to step up his game, and be more consistent overall. That's where I think drafting another WR could come into play. I like KJ Hill out of Ohio State because the guy is a saavy route runner, while he hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet, I think of him as a potentially more polished Eli Rogers. The type of guy you can rely on to get you those crucial first downs on 3rd and Long, and he played against elite competition in the Big Ten and put up good numbers. You can really never have enough weapons at the WR position. I wouldn't be mad if they drafted a guy like Jalen Reagor either. Weapons, weapons, and more weapons.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 4:13 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'm not necessarily sold on Juju being a true #1. He had extra pressure put on him last season and his production went down. I think Juju flourishes when he's the #2, and can line up in the slot as well. That's where he makes his money.

If Diontae Johnson can take a big step this season and develop into a #1 that would definitely help Juju and James Washington out. I will say this though about JW, I'm not 100% sold on him either. There are times where he really flashes, the dude has great hands, but I also see him struggling to get separation at times. He needs to step up his game, and be more consistent overall. That's where I think drafting another WR could come into play. I like KJ Hill out of Ohio State because the guy is a saavy route runner, while he hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet, I think of him as a potentially more polished Eli Rogers. The type of guy you can rely on to get you those crucial first downs on 3rd and Long, and he played against elite competition in the Big Ten and put up good numbers. You can really never have enough weapons at the WR position. I wouldn't be mad if they drafted a guy like Jalen Reagor either. Weapons, weapons, and more weapons.
If we had to choose, I'd rather have a really good RB. Jonathon Taylor is a lock if he's available. If not, possibly Dobbins.

Looking into the future, in a year Ju Ju can be a free agent. He's going to want #1 receiver money and he's not worth it. I still think Diontae and Washington are as good as him right now - and we have them under contract on rookie deals for a few more years. I just think the logical move is overwhelmingly to trade him while he has value (IF he has value - I think he does, for someone).

We can get a good receiver in a later round, we've done it before and they are plentiful in this draft. I certainly wouldn't spend a 2nd round pick on one. Getting an OL and an RB are higher priorities.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 10:48 pm

@solardave wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
I understand your point about not having Ben throwing to him.  But Diontae and Washington stepped up, and JuJu took a big step backwards.  

DJ and JW weren't double teamed either. I can't say that JU JU was  all the time but I'd say he was a lot more times than the other 2 and maybe Ju Ju is not our #1. Would it be so bad to have him at #2 where he can shine?
So who got the double team for the 4 games juju missed from week 12 to 15 ? seems to me thats about the time the others started elevating their games.

washington
week 12 - 3-98 yards -1 td
13 - 4-111 yards- 1 td
14 - 4-33 yards
15 - 5 -83 yards
weeks 12 and 13 were his highest totals of the season

johnson
week 12 - 3-29 yards
13 - 1-14 yard
14 - 6-60 yards - 1 td
15 - 5-62 yards
2 of johnsons 5 games when he totaled 5 or more catches for 60 yards or more were logged when juju was not on the field so did juju being on the field really effect johnsons game ? Where does it go from here? - Page 11 2087824411
the sample size is too small to tell unlike juju and AB.

would it be bad if JuJu wasnt a true number 1 ? hell no as long as he has a number 1 opposite him to take the pressure off him. is that guy on the roster ? thats the question. we have seen Juju at his best and probably at his worst. he IS an asset to the team but not at a huge price. im not ready to say that these 3 cant be a great receiving group. poor qb play for sure obscured what they individually and as a group bring to the table . thats why if im the GM a receiver would not be my choice at pick 49 unless i had a 1st round grade on one that fell to 49.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 7:16 am

nine vegetable wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

If we had to choose, I'd rather have a really good RB.  Jonathon Taylor is a lock if he's available.  If not, possibly Dobbins.

Looking into the future, in a year Ju Ju can be a free agent.  He's going to want #1 receiver money and he's not worth it.  I still think Diontae and Washington are as good as him right now - and we have them under contract on rookie deals for a few more years.  I just think the logical move is overwhelmingly to trade him while he has value (IF he has value - I think he does, for someone).

We can get a good receiver in a later round, we've done it before and they are plentiful in this draft.  I certainly wouldn't spend a 2nd round pick on one.  Getting an OL and an RB are higher priorities.

Oh I definitely think if either Jonathan Taylor or JK Dobbins are available when we pick in Round 2, that we should snatch them up. James Conner is far too injury prone, and we can't rely on Jaylen Samuels to be anything more than a spot filler. Benny Snell, the jury is still out on him, but again I see him as more of a backup than a starter. Perhaps he has a breakout season this year, but I would rather draft a guy that has elite talent like Taylor or Dobbins. I fully believe Taylor fits the Steelers mold and can step in and contribute immediately. He's durable, and while a lot of people complain about the amount of carries he received at Wisconsin, they seem to forget Bell had just about the same amount at Michigan State. Taylor is my top guy if he's still on the board, Dobbins second, and Akers third. I really think Taylor is a Le'Veon Bell type of running back. He checks all the boxes and paired with Conner that'd make for a very talented corps of backs. Johnson, Washington, Juju, Ebron, Conner, Taylor... That'd be some nice weapons for #7 to have at his disposal.

I can't remember if I've talked to you about my mocks or not over the mock draft thread but I've mocked KJ Hill to us numerous times now. I think he'll be available in the middle rounds, and he's a very polished type of receiver. The kind of guy that can be relied upon when you need someone to get open on 3rd and Long, I really like that kid. I think of him like Eli Rogers with a higher ceiling, and he played against elite competition with great success in college. Would definitely add depth to our receiving corps, and again, I think he's a guy that could get some snaps and contribute early on because he's an intelligent player, and he knows how to run the route tree.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:13 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

If we had to choose, I'd rather have a really good RB.  Jonathon Taylor is a lock if he's available.  If not, possibly Dobbins.

Looking into the future, in a year Ju Ju can be a free agent.  He's going to want #1 receiver money and he's not worth it.  I still think Diontae and Washington are as good as him right now - and we have them under contract on rookie deals for a few more years.  I just think the logical move is overwhelmingly to trade him while he has value (IF he has value - I think he does, for someone).

We can get a good receiver in a later round, we've done it before and they are plentiful in this draft.  I certainly wouldn't spend a 2nd round pick on one.  Getting an OL and an RB are higher priorities.

Oh I definitely think if either Jonathan Taylor or JK Dobbins are available when we pick in Round 2, that we should snatch them up. James Conner is far too injury prone, and we can't rely on Jaylen Samuels to be anything more than a spot filler. Benny Snell, the jury is still out on him, but again I see him as more of a backup than a starter. Perhaps he has a breakout season this year, but I would rather draft a guy that has elite talent like Taylor or Dobbins. I fully believe Taylor fits the Steelers mold and can step in and contribute immediately. He's durable, and while a lot of people complain about the amount of carries he received at Wisconsin, they seem to forget Bell had just about the same amount at Michigan State. Taylor is my top guy if he's still on the board, Dobbins second, and Akers third. I really think Taylor is a Le'Veon Bell type of running back. He checks all the boxes and paired with Conner that'd make for a very talented corps of backs. Johnson, Washington, Juju, Ebron, Conner, Taylor... That'd be some nice weapons for #7 to have at his disposal.

I can't remember if I've talked to you about my mocks or not over the mock draft thread but I've mocked KJ Hill to us numerous times now. I think he'll be available in the middle rounds, and he's a very polished type of receiver. The kind of guy that can be relied upon when you need someone to get open on 3rd and Long, I really like that kid. I think of him like Eli Rogers with a higher ceiling, and he played against elite competition with great success in college. Would definitely add depth to our receiving corps, and again, I think he's a guy that could get some snaps and contribute early on because he's an intelligent player, and he knows how to run the route tree.

I got to see KJ play a lot, being in Columbus Ohio and following the Buckeyes. I couldn't agree with you more. If he were available in a later round (3rd or 4th) I'd love to see us snag him.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 7:54 pm

Probably if Big Ben plays for one more year, be prepared for 2021. To have a whole new team. He has given the team the most steadiest QB since Terry B!

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 11:39 pm

Whispers of the Patriots* wanting to trade 3 third round picks and a 5th for our 2nd round. If its true I would snatch that up quick like if we can get 2 or 3 starters out of it it could be well worth it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stillcurtain.com/2020/04/17/steelers-3rd-rounders-move-back/amp/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where does it go from here?
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: