Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhere does it go from here? - Page 12 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Where does it go from here?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Where does it go from here? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 6:04 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Whispers of the Patriots*** wanting to trade 3 third round picks and a 5th for our 2nd round. If its true I would snatch that up quick like if we can get 2 or 3 starters out of it it could be well worth it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stillcurtain.com/2020/04/17/steelers-3rd-rounders-move-back/amp/
oh i would take that deal...for context the 3rd does start at pick 65. so they are pretty late 3rd round picks.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 6:24 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Whispers of the Patriots***** wanting to trade 3 third round picks and a 5th for our 2nd round. If its true I would snatch that up quick like if we can get 2 or 3 starters out of it it could be well worth it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stillcurtain.com/2020/04/17/steelers-3rd-rounders-move-back/amp/
oh i would take that deal...for context the 3rd does start at pick 65. so they are pretty late 3rd round picks.

While I also would make this trade in a hearthbeat, to put things in perspective our pick is worth 410 points in the trade value chart, while the Patriots** 3rd and 5th round picks have a total value of 384 points.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=NE
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 10:22 am

Am I missing something here? I could understand if we had a 1st round pick but without that it doesn't make sense to me to move further back for the sake of extra picks in rounds where it is a crap shoot. I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think it would be in our best interest.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 1:13 pm

@solardave wrote:
Am I missing something here? I could understand if we had a 1st round pick but without that it doesn't make sense to me to move further back for the sake of extra picks in rounds where it is a crap shoot. I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think it would be in our best interest.
If you're in the minority, then I am too because I'm right with you.

The chances of getting a Day 1 starter drop dramatically as you move further down the draft board. That move would make no sense to me.

We need to draft someone in the 2nd round who can help us immediately.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 1:22 pm

In addition, add the uncertainty of this year's draft with limited scouting. Getting more picks Next year would be preferable to this year. Just about every 3rd round pick and below is a crapshoot.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 6:09 pm

@solardave wrote:
but look at all the time you will save watching the draft ....no sitting there for hours waiting for the steelers pick...25-30 minutes and bam !!!...you just seen the steelers draft  Where does it go from here? - Page 12 2087824411

this is a matter of playing the odds...you can have 1 swing at a player with an 85% chance of being a keeper , or 3 swings with a 70% chance at being keepers , plus 1 swing with a 50% chance of being a keeper.....
what is my formula for creating the formula for these odds odds you ask ? well i just made it up .... Where does it go from here? - Page 12 312503953
1st round - 90-100%
2nd - 85-90% top half of 2....80-85% bottom half of 2
3rd - 75-80% top....70-75% bottom

in other words it decreases 5% each half of a round.... or 4% every 10 picks may be even better  Where does it go from here? - Page 12 3135543967  ...anyway its actually very scientific, complex and accurate   ....  Where does it go from here? - Page 12 312503953
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 6:21 pm

We are talking 3 3rd round picks on top of the 2 we already have in that round thats 5 3rd round picks. 3rd round picks have a high probability to have an impact not to mention the extra 5th round for 1 second round pick. This could give us quality starters in the future and at least fill the cupboard where we are seriously thin at certain spots.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 6:24 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
We are talking 3 3rd round picks on top of the 2 we already have in that round thats 5 3rd round picks. 3rd round picks have a high probability to have an impact not to mention the extra 5th round for 1 second round pick. This could give us quality starters in the future and at least fill the cupboard where we are seriously thin at certain spots.
5 ? i think our only 3rd was the comp pick for leveon bell...we traded the 3rd to move up.

Quote :
The Steelers are scheduled to make six selections in the 2020 draft and the exact position of those picks are now known. Since the Steelers could trade any of these selections, they are simply classified as their scheduled picks. The Steelers do not have a first-round pick this year due to the trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick. Additionally, the Steelers gave up their original third-round selection to move up in the 2019 draft in order to take Devin Bush. The Steelers also surrendered multiple fifth-round selections over the course the 2019 season. As part of the Fitzpatrick trade, the Steelers gained an additional fourth-round pick in exchange for their fifth-round selection. The Steelers also gained a fifth-round pick from the Jacksonville Jaguars for quarterback Josh Dobbs, but subsequently traded the pick to the Seattle Seahawks for tight end Nick Vannett.

Here are the six selections the Steelers are scheduled to make in the 2020 draft:

Round 2, selection 49
Round 3, selection 102 (compensatory)
Round 4, selection 124
Round 4, selection 135 (from Miami, from Tennessee)
Round 6, selection 198
Round 7, selection 232
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 7:14 pm

My mistake I got the second 4th rounder mixed up with the third. Still 4 3rd round picks can help fill out thin areas with some quality players if the teams scouting pans iut.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 5:15 am

There are several reasons why I would take the three 3rd round picks instead of a 2nd. First we have a lot of needs: WR (we only have 3 so far), 2 OL (for the future, our OL is getting old), LB (thin at the position after Baron and Matakevich left in FA), Edge (thin and Dupree in his last year), NT (we haven't replaced Hargrave). That's already 6 needs and then I haven't even mentioned a potentially RB#1 and a back-up QB.

And then let's compare our 2nd round picks the last 5 years to our 3rd round picks.
2nd round: Senquez Golson (who?), Sean Davis (ok), Juju (great pick, but still getting a lot of hate on this board) and James Washington (difficult to grade, ok to good I would say)
3rd round: Sammie Coates (not great, but still better than Golson), Javon Hargrave (excellent pick, a lot better than Davis, will be missed), James Conner (ok, but Juju is better), Cameron Sutton (good pick, better than most think), Mason Rudolph (seems like a wasted pick), Chukwuma Okorafor (ok), Justin Layne (no grade yet, but I fear the worst)

I would say that our 3rd round picks have fared at least as good as our 2nd round picks. 3 to 1, I say let's take them!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 5:57 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
There are several reasons why I would take the three 3rd round picks instead of a 2nd. First we have a lot of needs: WR (we only have 3 so far), 2 OL (for the future, our OL is getting old), LB (thin at the position after Baron and Matakevich left in FA), Edge (thin and Dupree in his last year), NT (we haven't replaced Hargrave). That's already 6 needs and then I haven't even mentioned a potentially RB#1 and a back-up QB.

And then let's compare our 2nd round picks the last 5 years to our 3rd round picks.
2nd round: Senquez Golson (who?), Sean Davis (ok), Juju (great pick, but still getting a lot of hate on this board) and James Washington (difficult to grade, ok to good I would say)
3rd round: Sammie Coates (not great, but still better than Golson), Javon Hargrave (excellent pick, a lot better than Davis, will be missed), James Conner (ok, but Juju is better), Cameron Sutton (good pick, better than most think), Mason Rudolph (seems like a wasted pick), Chukwuma Okorafor (ok), Justin Layne (no grade yet, but I fear the worst)

I would say that our 3rd round picks have fared at least as good as our 2nd round picks. 3 to 1, I say let's take them!
we share the same thought process. we have present needs of depth plus possibly future needs in multiple positions as starters. i think the odds of getting at least 1 solid starter in 3 extra chances in the 3rd are better than 1 pick in the second. plus the team is more reluctant to admit their failure of getting a quality player in the 2nd than the 3rd so they keep them around for a longer period of time. Mike adams being around for 3 years is a good examples. had he been a 3rd round pick he is gone after 2.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 10:47 pm

Were we really in on Winston? This rumor said so.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/g8hwjj/sitro_jameis_winston_was_offered_a_more_lucrative/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 12:43 am

"per source", gotta love that.

I'd be supremely disappointed if we offered that jerk a contract. But still happy regardless that he's not a Steeler.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 4:00 am

@jak341 wrote:
Were we really in on Winston? This rumor said so.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/g8hwjj/sitro_jameis_winston_was_offered_a_more_lucrative/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

There's conflicting reports, according to this one a "source" says Winston wasn't offered anything by the Steelers. Just my gut feeling, but I don't think they offered Winston a contract. We're in win-now mode, and I do think they still have a belief that Rudolph can develop and get better.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2020/04/27/steelers-jameis-winston-deal-false-report-update-fdl/

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 8:19 am

If we would've picked up Winston, I would've protested this season

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Where does it go from here? - Page 12 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 10:02 am

NFL network notification. Steelers now being linked to Cam Newton.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 11:17 am

@jak341 wrote:

Why? I don't have anything against Cam except like Ben he has had no protection from officials his entire career. Plus I doubt he'd come cheap. His wardrobe has to be expensive. Where does it go from here? - Page 12 1797695198
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 12:49 pm

@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Why? I don't have anything against Cam except like Ben he has had no protection from officials his entire career. Plus I doubt he'd come cheap. His wardrobe has to be expensive. Where does it go from here? - Page 12 1797695198

Living in Charlotte, I'd say the Steelers should pass. No one is shedding a tear with him leaving town and I've heard from more than a few fans saying they'll start watch Panther games now. Besides, the Steelers tend not to go for the selfish freaks guys.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 12:52 pm

Blogger is doubling down on his Winston story. Colbert has denied negotiating with any veteran quarterback.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 1:19 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Blogger is doubling down on his Winston story. Colbert has denied negotiating with any veteran quarterback.

Just another blogger self-promoting. And at the end of the day, the Steelers are the real winners. Winston is a turnover machine and a loser. Everyone is gunning for the story that the Steelers are getting QBs. First it was the draft and that didn't happen. Then it was Winston and that didn't happen. Now it's Cam and that won't happen. Not saying they won't pick up some veteran QB at some point, but the "experts" obviously don't know what they are talking about.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:03 pm

Alex Kozora's first prediction at our 2020 roster.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/04/kozora-2020-steelers-53-man-roster-prediction-way-too-early-edition/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 6:22 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Living in Charlotte, I'd say the Steelers should pass. No one is shedding a tear with him leaving town and I've heard from more than a few fans saying they'll start watch Panther games now. Besides, the Steelers tend not to go for the selfish freaks guys.

I thought over the years he had matured some but I guess that was like AB maturity. :chuckle:d
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 10:49 am

100% agree with this. Ben will be the starter until he isn't. I don't think the true successor to Ben is on the roster either.

https://937thefan.radio.com/blogs/colin-dunlap/dunlap-steelers-qb-succession-plan-is-simple?utm_campaign=https%3A//937thefan.radio.com/&utm_content=1588179968&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=KDKA-FM
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 1:51 pm

@solardave wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

I thought over the years he had matured some but I guess that was like AB maturity. :chuckle:d

Maybe in some ways he did mature. But he basically has always been about himself. Also, remember the fumble in the Super Bowl against the Broncos that he made no attempt to fall on? Yeah, see how well that attitude goes over with Steelers fans. Or his post-Super Bowl press conference where he just got up and stalked off?

Here's something that will tell you about his character. I went to a Touchdown Club dinner 2 years ago and the guest speaker was Greg Olsen. He spoke about how lucky he was to have certain people involved in his life and in his football career. He named off a long list of people. Not one single word about Cam. Nothing. Could you imagine Heath in that position and not saying anything about Ben? Me either. That should tell you something about Newton.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 4:34 pm

@jak341 wrote:
100% agree with this. Ben will be the starter until he isn't. I don't think the true successor to Ben is on the roster either.

https://937thefan.radio.com/blogs/colin-dunlap/dunlap-steelers-qb-succession-plan-is-simple?utm_campaign=https%3A//937thefan.radio.com/&utm_content=1588179968&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=KDKA-FM
It really makes a lot of sense to me. Why people want to stumble around with re-hashed, rejected QB's is beyond me.

I think the plan is a good one. The part that will change, I believe, is that I don't think MR is The Guy. I just don't.

So we may have one miserable year with him as the QB, and then we draft higher, and we get a good QB. That's the plan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where does it go from here?
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: