Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhere does it go from here? - Page 14 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Where does it go from here?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Where does it go from here? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 3:54 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
but i do know he was a better college QB than rudolf or paxton.

Where does it go from here? - Page 14 Josh_r10

Where does it go from here? - Page 14 Mason_10

Where does it go from here? - Page 14 2017_h10

I don't think Rosen was the better college quarterback when compared to Rudolph, Rudolph destroys him in almost every major statistical category, especially on his TD/INT ratio. Rudolph was in the Top 10 in Heisman Voting in 2017 and Rosen wasn't even in the Top 10 at all. Rosen hasn't shown much at the NFL level either to inspire confidence in his ability to be a future starter of any NFL football team. That's not to say he can't still develop, he can, but his NFL tape isn't all that impressive. As for Rudolph he's got a fair amount of experience now, and he's probably fully recovered from the nasty helmet-to-helmet hit he took last season. I'd like to see how he's developed. On the same note as Rosen being the most "nfl ready" of his draft class, one can argue that Rudolph came out of a shotgun passing system and would need time to develop at the NFL level. Year 2 and the guy is being asked to step in and play in place of a Hall of Famer... I think he got a lot of valuable experience last season, I'd like to see how he has bettered himself.

I do agree though that Rosen hasn't had a fair shake as of yet. Get drafted by one team, ousted because of a new coaching staff, then end up on another team that just wanted him as a stop-gap solution. Rosen would really benefit from going to a team where he can sit behind a wily old veteran, so I wouldn't be opposed if they brought him in to compete for a job on our roster.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptySun May 31, 2020 4:33 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
but i do know he was a better college QB than rudolf or paxton.

Where does it go from here? - Page 14 Josh_r10

Where does it go from here? - Page 14 Mason_10

Where does it go from here? - Page 14 2017_h10

I don't think Rosen was the better college quarterback when compared to Rudolph, Rudolph destroys him in almost every major statistical category, especially on his TD/INT ratio. Rudolph was in the Top 10 in Heisman Voting in 2017 and Rosen wasn't even in the Top 10 at all. Rosen hasn't shown much at the NFL level either to inspire confidence in his ability to be a future starter of any NFL football team. That's not to say he can't still develop, he can, but his NFL tape isn't all that impressive. As for Rudolph he's got a fair amount of experience now, and he's probably fully recovered from the nasty helmet-to-helmet hit he took last season. I'd like to see how he's developed. On the same note as Rosen being the most "nfl ready" of his draft class, one can argue that Rudolph came out of a shotgun passing system and would need time to develop at the NFL level. Year 2 and the guy is being asked to step in and play in place of a Hall of Famer... I think he got a lot of valuable experience last season, I'd like to see how he has bettered himself.

I do agree though that Rosen hasn't had a fair shake as of yet. Get drafted by one team, ousted because of a new coaching staff, then end up on another team that just wanted him as a stop-gap solution. Rosen would really benefit from going to a team where he can sit behind a wily old veteran, so I wouldn't be opposed if they brought him in to compete for a job on our roster.

Good post and I agree that Rudolph has been and still is a better QB. Remember most of us thought Landry Jones was a terrible backup but he elevated his game so I expect Rudolph with Canada behind him to be better. I don't think he will rise up to be our QB of the future but a capable backup shouldn't be out of the question.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptySun May 31, 2020 9:30 pm

can anyone name a receiver that played on a josh rosen team at UCLA ? i believe their number one guy jordan lasly who was a 5th round pick pick by the ravens who didnt even make the roster. there is a reason he was a first round pick and rudolf was a 3rd. had rudolf not been picked by the steelers he may have not even been a 3rd.
we all know stats dont tell the whole story. a head to head competition playing in the same system with the same team mates would be a much better way to judge who is the better player.
perhaps Rosen is the turd he has shown to be so far , but i remember watching drew brees with the chargers when he was putting up rating numbers of 67.5 in his 3rd year in the league and people were calling him a bust.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptySun May 31, 2020 11:13 pm

Well it is playoffs or bust for Tomlin or he will be out of a job after 2020.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 3:46 am

can anyone name a receiver that played on a josh rosen team at UCLA ? i believe their number one guy jordan lasly who was a 5th round pick pick by the ravens who didnt even make the roster. there is a reason he was a first round pick and rudolf was a 3rd. had rudolf not been picked by the steelers he may have not even been a 3rd.
we all know stats dont tell the whole story. a head to head competition playing in the same system with the same team mates would be a much better way to judge who is the better player.
perhaps Rosen is the turd he has shown to be so far , but i remember  watching drew brees with the chargers when he was putting up rating numbers of 67.5 in his 3rd year in the league and people were calling him a bust.

I believe the question with Rosen is not about talent but character. Maybe he hasn't been given a chance because he has proved that he deserves one.

https://sportsnaut.com/2017/05/afc-exec-uclas-josh-rosen-mess-off-field/
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 8:21 pm

@JPPT1974 wrote:
Well it is playoffs or bust for Tomlin or he will be out of a job after 2020.
I guess the Rooney's told you that?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 8:23 pm

@solardave wrote:
perhaps Rosen is the turd he has shown to be so far , but i remember  watching drew brees with the chargers when he was putting up rating numbers of 67.5 in his 3rd year in the league and people were calling him a bust.

I believe the question with Rosen is not about talent but character. Maybe he hasn't been given a chance because he has proved that he deserves one.

https://sportsnaut.com/2017/05/afc-exec-uclas-josh-rosen-mess-off-field/
I agree, it may well be a character issue with Rosen. He doesn't appear to be very well liked.

If that's not the case, then perhaps the Steelers should kick the tires on him - he should be able to be gotten on the cheap, I'm thinking for a 7th rounder, and if so, go ahead.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 3:01 am

If they got Rosen dirt cheap and brought him in to compete I'd have no issue with that, but from everything I've seen so far from Rosen he just doesn't impress me. On top of his inability to lock down a starting role anywhere that he's been (in spite of bad breaks), he has a bad attitude to boot. That being said I'd have to think he'd be an upgrade over the likes of Hodges and Lynch at the very least.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 9:12 am

Good article from DK Sports. Biggest weakness of the Steelers now? Depth.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2020/06/04/with-injuries-inevitable-the-steelers-lack-of-depth-is-a-concern-kevin-colbert-mike-tomlin-2020-nfl-draft-ben-roethlisberger-jh/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 4:05 am

@jak341 wrote:
Good article from DK Sports. Biggest weakness of the Steelers now? Depth.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2020/06/04/with-injuries-inevitable-the-steelers-lack-of-depth-is-a-concern-kevin-colbert-mike-tomlin-2020-nfl-draft-ben-roethlisberger-jh/

Simple. We don't get injured. Where does it go from here? - Page 14 2981382511 Seriously we have some guys we don't know about yet. By we I mean us fans and the person who wrote this article. Safety concerns me most.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 4:17 pm

There are a few areas where the depth is a wee bit weak but then again I think you could say that about any team in this league if you were to do a deeper analysis. Every team has weak points year in and year out. The good teams find ways to minimize those weak areas to win games.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 7:06 pm

to say a team has weak depth is mostly just a guess. many positions on every team has backups with very little starting experience, so how can you say an untested guy is weak ? one teams backup could be  another teams starter. Where does it go from here? - Page 14 2087824411
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 5:20 am

to say a team has weak depth is mostly just a guess. many positions on every team has backups with very little starting experience, so how can you say an untested guy is weak ? one teams backup could  be  another teams starter. Where does it go from here? - Page 14 2087824411

Yeah I agree. Every year teams have guys drafted late or not at all that prove they belong in this league. It is the same as saying a team is a SB contender based on the previous year. Then they have a rash of injuries and don't even make the playoffs.
Who knew that Shazier would suffer a career ending injury or Ben's elbow would cost him a season? My point is who really knows anything until the games are played?
Having said this I still believe the POTENTIAL for us to be really good in all areas this year is there.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 9:17 am

PFF ranks Edmunds as the weak link in the Steelers D. https://steelersdepot.com/2020/06/pff-ranks-steelers-roster-10th-in-nfl-cites-terrell-edmunds-as-biggest-weakness/
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 6:47 am

@jak341 wrote:
PFF ranks Edmunds as the weak link in the Steelers D. https://steelersdepot.com/2020/06/pff-ranks-steelers-roster-10th-in-nfl-cites-terrell-edmunds-as-biggest-weakness/

Yeah I'm not worried about Edmunds. He will be fine. The way I see it Buggs needs to take a leap because Alualu has shown he can be good as a spot player but he is not a starter and McCullers is trash. I can't for the life of me figure out why he is still on the roster. That I think is our biggest weak spot.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 11:07 am

@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Yeah I'm not worried about Edmunds. He will be fine. The way I see it Buggs needs to take a leap because Alualu has shown he can be good as a spot player but he is not a starter and McCullers is trash. I can't for the life of me figure out why he is still on the roster. That I think is our biggest weak spot.

The team values game experience over rookie potential. McCullers is what he is and nothing more. Buggs will get a chance though.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

The team values game experience over rookie potential. McCullers is what he is and nothing more. Buggs will get a chance though.

I'm hoping he shows McCullers the door.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 1:39 am

@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Honestly I think McCullers is going to be around for one more season at least. Our depth in the middle of the d-line is probably the most questionable position on the roster. McCullers is the only guy that truly fits that NT mold. Wormley and Buggs have more of a small DT or DE type of build, but could probably make the jump to NT if asked to. Going to be interesting to see what the coaches come up with this season. We're set at the DE positions but the middle of the line is a big question mark.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 6:51 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Honestly I think McCullers is going to be around for one more season at least. Our depth in the middle of the d-line is probably the most questionable position on the roster. McCullers is the only guy that truly fits that NT mold. Wormley and Buggs have more of a small DT or DE type of build, but could probably make the jump to NT if asked to. Going to be interesting to see what the coaches come up with this season. We're set at the DE positions but the middle of the line is a big question mark.

I'm sure you're right there Iowa. We are thin but numbers don't lie:https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCuDa00.htm

McCullers has only started 3 games in his career. He has 2.5 career sacks. Last year he played in all 16 games. It doesn't say how many actual plays he was in on but the his production is dismal. He should have been gone when his rookie contract was up.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 3:58 pm

@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

I'm sure you're right there Iowa. We are thin but numbers don't lie:https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCuDa00.htm

McCullers has only started 3 games in his career. He has 2.5 career sacks. Last year he played in all 16 games. It doesn't say how many actual plays he was in on but the his production is dismal. He should have been gone when his rookie contract was up.

Really wish they'd if made a bigger push to keep Hargrave around. Dude was good and only seemed to get better every season.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 11:38 am

ESPN rating our Defense. Summary: great, but depth in areas is a concern.

Better, worse or the same? Defense's continuity gives Steelers high hopes for 2020 https://es.pn/2O9SJ00
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where does it go from here?
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: