HomeWhere does it go from here? - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Where does it go from here?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1058
Likes : 151
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 10:08 am

Rudolph needs time to develop rapport with his ridiculously young WRs and RBs NONE OF them are over 25 folks those youngsters have a lot of room to develop.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1144
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 10:20 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Rudolph needs time to develop rapport with his ridiculously young WRs and RBs NONE OF them are over 25 folks those youngsters have a lot of room to develop.

True, but this is a league where players get less and less time to develop. A reflection of the society we live in. Youngsters get a lot of criticism when they do something wrong, especially if they've got a strong opinion on something. Then people are ready to bring out the torches when they make a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1144
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 10:23 am

On another note, since Butler took over the OLB coaching job from Porter, Dupree is turned into a really good player. While I think Butler is an average DC, I've got to give him credit for that.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4808
Likes : 697
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 11:25 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
On another note, since Butler took over the OLB coaching job from Porter, Dupree is turned into a really good player. While I think Butler is an average DC, I've got to give him credit for that.

Is it Butler or Olsavsky? If it is Butler maybe we should hire him as a full time OLB coach when we look for a new DC. Where does it go from here? - Page 4 3798349058 Fitchner can take over as the O-line coach.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4808
Likes : 697
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 11:27 am

Seriously though Dupree is going to be a tough decision at the end of the season. That's a topic in itself.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 1058
Likes : 151
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 2:12 pm

Dupree when used correctly has proven to be a beast. But the question is... since we picked up Nelson and Fitzpatrick has the secondary made our pass rushers better or vice versa? I think its both, a good secondary gives the rush just a little more time and a good rush makes the secondary look better.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 648
Likes : 53
Join date : 2018-08-31

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 11:06 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Dupree when used correctly has proven to be a beast. But the question is... since we picked up Nelson and Fitzpatrick has the secondary made our pass rushers better or vice versa? I think its both, a good secondary gives the rush just a little more time and a good rush makes the secondary look better.
Hate to think along these terms but if Big Ben retires it frees up some $$$...
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1144
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 3:31 am

I think we need to resign Dupree whether we like it or not. We lack quality depth behind him with Adeniyi, Chickillo and Elliott and we don't have a first round pick. It's hard to get a pass rusher in the second round who can be an immediate starter.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4808
Likes : 697
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 6:05 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
I think we need to resign Dupree whether we like it or not. We lack quality depth behind him with Adeniyi, Chickillo and Elliott and we don't have a first round pick. It's hard to get a pass rusher in the second round who can be an immediate starter.

I agree. The bad part about this whole thing is he's had 4 subpar seasons and after 1 good one he will want paid like a super star. I know it's just a part of doing business and he won't give a discount to stay. I miss the days of really good players taking one for the team. Then again he may surprise us.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Posts : 6476
Likes : 439
Join date : 2011-04-04

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 8:36 am

You guys are already talking about the end of the season? I'm too busy enjoying the ride of the season!

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4808
Likes : 697
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 8:59 am

@SteelersYak wrote:
You guys are already talking about the end of the season? I'm too busy enjoying the ride of the season!

You're right. We should wait until after we win the SUPERBOWL to talk about the future. Where does it go from here? - Page 4 1549491426

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2895
Likes : 535
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 8:50 pm

Transactions.

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1195816692099768321?s=19
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1056
Likes : 196
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 11:21 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Transactions.

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1195816692099768321?s=19

Maybe the injuries not that bad. Would assume the WR is for Switzer and they released a RB before getting another.

_________________
Where does it go from here? - Page 4 $_35
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4808
Likes : 697
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 5:50 am

With Concussion protocol the way it is I don't expect to see DJ or Ju Ju play. I hope I'm wrong and they're good to go with the extra time.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2895
Likes : 535
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 2:10 pm

More transactions.

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1196488374837796864?s=19
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1144
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Terrelle Pryor desperately wants to play for the Steelers, I say give him a chance.

https://triblive.com/sports/terrelle-pryor-campaigns-for-shot-with-steelers/
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Posts : 819
Likes : 560
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 10:03 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
Terrelle Pryor desperately wants to play for the Steelers, I say give him a chance.

https://triblive.com/sports/terrelle-pryor-campaigns-for-shot-with-steelers/

He would definitely help to take some of the pressure off of Juju. I read earlier too that Juju injured his knee on the same play that he got the concussion. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

Posts : 208
Likes : 33
Join date : 2015-04-12

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 11:07 pm

Potential is there for the young Mason Rudolph. Just wonder how he would do in sixteen games?!

_________________
June and Summertime!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1056
Likes : 196
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 11:24 pm

@Lokki wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Terrelle Pryor desperately wants to play for the Steelers, I say give him a chance.

https://triblive.com/sports/terrelle-pryor-campaigns-for-shot-with-steelers/

He would definitely help to take some of the pressure off of Juju.  I read earlier too that Juju injured his knee on the same play that he got the concussion.  Ugh.  

Yeah, if he's healthy I can't see why they wouldn't give it a shot.

_________________
Where does it go from here? - Page 4 $_35
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4808
Likes : 697
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 5:03 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Terrelle Pryor desperately wants to play for the Steelers, I say give him a chance.

https://triblive.com/sports/terrelle-pryor-campaigns-for-shot-with-steelers/

He would definitely help to take some of the pressure off of Juju.  I read earlier too that Juju injured his knee on the same play that he got the concussion.  Ugh.  

Yeah, if he's healthy I can't see why they wouldn't give it a shot.

We're in deep shit at WR and all they do is sign (camp bodies) off of other teams practice squads. Why not pick prior up?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Posts : 11591
Likes : 802
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 10:14 am

Where do we go from here?

First, the entire team owes the entirety of Steelers Nation an apology. Not a verbal, "I'm sorry." But a physical beat down on the remaining opponents on our schedule type of apology.

Second, leaders on this team need to step up, take ownership & control.

Finally, and in reality, where we go from here is a step up to mediocrity. With the list of players on the injury list piling up and 'next man up' is still a young lad, I'm not hopeful for any sort of playoff push this year. If we're lucky, 8-8, maybe 9-7, but in reality, maybe 7-9, or 6-10.

_________________
Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Where does it go from here? - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 648
Likes : 53
Join date : 2018-08-31

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 2:45 pm

@solardave wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Terrelle Pryor desperately wants to play for the Steelers, I say give him a chance.

https://triblive.com/sports/terrelle-pryor-campaigns-for-shot-with-steelers/

He would definitely help to take some of the pressure off of Juju.  I read earlier too that Juju injured his knee on the same play that he got the concussion.  Ugh.  

Yeah, if he's healthy I can't see why they wouldn't give it a shot.

We're in deep shit at WR and all they do is sign (camp bodies) off of other teams practice squads. Why not pick prior up?
I have to say, I'd definitely be intrigued with him. Saw him play at OSU (albeit at QB), and he's an exceptional athlete. I'd certainly kick the tires on him.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1056
Likes : 196
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 7:05 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
Where do we go from here?

First, the entire team owes the entirety of Steelers Nation an apology.  Not a verbal, "I'm sorry." But a physical beat down on the remaining opponents on our schedule type of apology.

Second, leaders on this team need to step up, take ownership & control.

Finally, and in reality, where we go from here is a step up to mediocrity.  With the list of players on the injury list piling up and 'next man up' is still a young lad, I'm not hopeful for any sort of playoff push this year.  If we're lucky, 8-8, maybe 9-7, but in reality, maybe 7-9, or 6-10.

I'm with you. I don't have any playoffs or SB fantasies. Maybe wishful thinking but I still would like to see them beat up on the Bengals and Browns, then reel off a couple more wins, and make even a 6th seed wild card. I think getting the postseason experience for the young players will help them in the future.

_________________
Where does it go from here? - Page 4 $_35
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2895
Likes : 535
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 12:33 pm

I'll tell you where it goes from here: Charlie Batch's Mac and Cheese.

https://www.steelers.com/video/football-is-family-batch-mac-cheese-18138435
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4808
Likes : 697
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 3:41 pm

@jak341 wrote:
I'll tell you where it goes from here: Charlie Batch's Mac and Cheese.

https://www.steelers.com/video/football-is-family-batch-mac-cheese-18138435

Cool. That looks like a killer recipe too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where does it go from here?   Where does it go from here? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Where does it go from here?
Back to top 
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: