Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIs JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?

Go down 
+9
Stella Nation
Great Randino
Mach1
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
SteelerFreak58
solardave
Wallace108
jak341
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 5:08 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
Mark Madden is having a bad day. Or a good day, depending on how you look at it.

He isn't taking the news well.

Wallace108 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 5:25 pm

Juju has nothing to do with Nelson's situation, that much is clear now
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 5:46 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
If Nelson is traded, I am assuming that we will get a 3rd or 4th this year for him.

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 2672159185   a player that is still under contract does not qualify for a comp pick.
had JuJu excepted an offer in the 8-9 million range with another team he might have gotten them a 5th round comp pick. this year 4th comp pick was for hargrave who's contract averaged 12 million a year. so JuJu's other offers were not even close to 4th round consideration.

Not a comp. pick, but a plain, shiny, and new 2021 draft pick in return.
oh did they even try to shop him around ? Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 2829330259

edit : my bad. i thought they cut him rather than tell him to look for a new home. they should have done this earlier , because now teams know all they have to do is wait for him to be cut.

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 6:18 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
Mark Madden is having a bad day. Or a good day, depending on how you look at it.

He isn't taking the news well.

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 3562723908

I don't like Juju's tiktok crap either, but Juju is 24 and is still young so it's normal he's a bit immature. Mark Madden otoh is an adult acting like a big crybaby right now, which is way worse than Juju's tiktok. It's hilarious and pathetic at the same time if you read his tweets now.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 7:17 pm

Benz isn't taking the news well either.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 7:22 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
If Nelson is traded, I am assuming that we will get a 3rd or 4th this year for him.

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 2672159185   a player that is still under contract does not qualify for a comp pick.
had JuJu excepted an offer in the 8-9 million range with another team he might have gotten them a 5th round comp pick. this year 4th comp pick was for hargrave who's contract averaged 12 million a year. so JuJu's other offers were not even close to 4th round consideration.

oh did they even try to shop him around ? Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 2829330259

edit : my bad. i thought they cut him rather than tell him to look for a new home.  they should have done this earlier , because now teams know all they have to do is wait for him to be cut.

I wouldn't say there is any chance he gets cut. His agent can find a deal that benefits both parties, or he is back for a 2021 season. Nelson can always sit out for the 10 games or so, a la Bell, but that doesn't do much for him in getting a potential last payday.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 7:58 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

edit : my bad. i thought they cut him rather than tell him to look for a new home.  they should have done this earlier , because now teams know all they have to do is wait for him to be cut.

I wouldn't say there is any chance he gets cut. His agent can find a deal that benefits both parties, or he is back for a 2021 season. Nelson can always sit out for the 10 games or so, a la Bell, but that doesn't do much for him in getting a potential last payday.

i was just going by this report ... Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 2087824411  ...but of course it could be wrong. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.
if im rooney i'd be pissed at whomever leaked this. i mean if teams think he is gone by trade or not, there is no incentive to trade anything. if the report is wrong , i'd be calling rapopport out in public and tell him to STFU.

Quote :
According to NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport, the Pittsburgh Steelers are planning to part ways with cornerback Steven Nelson whether he is traded or not. With the news the Steelers are bringing wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster back on a one-year, $8 million contract, the team has given Nelson permission to seek a trade

However, should Nelson find no takers, it sounds like Pittsburgh will release him anyway in order to free up the money to pay Smith-Schuster.

This is a bold move by Pittsburgh because Nelson has been the team’s best boundary cornerback the last two seasons. The team has already lost Mike Hilton to free agency so letting Nelson walk is going to really create a void at cornerback. The team clearly has confidence in Cameron Sutton and Justin Layne as well as the option to seek out help later on in free agency and via the 2021 NFL draft.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 8:48 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

i was just going by this report ... Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 2087824411  ...but of course it could be wrong. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.
if im rooney i'd be pissed at whomever leaked this. i mean if teams think he is gone by trade or not, there is no incentive to trade anything. if the report is wrong , i'd be calling rapopport out in public and tell him to STFU.

Quote :
According to NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport, the Pittsburgh Steelers are planning to part ways with cornerback Steven Nelson whether he is traded or not. With the news the Steelers are bringing wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster back on a one-year, $8 million contract, the team has given Nelson permission to seek a trade

However, should Nelson find no takers, it sounds like Pittsburgh will release him anyway in order to free up the money to pay Smith-Schuster.

This is a bold move by Pittsburgh because Nelson has been the team’s best boundary cornerback the last two seasons. The team has already lost Mike Hilton to free agency so letting Nelson walk is going to really create a void at cornerback. The team clearly has confidence in Cameron Sutton and Justin Layne as well as the option to seek out help later on in free agency and via the 2021 NFL draft.

I didn't see that report.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 10:00 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Quote :

I didn't see that report.
with the way the steelers structured JUJU's contract, his cap hit is a moot point and should have no impact in dealing with nelson. so for now i will take the report with a grain of salt.
of course i dont think it is impossible that nelsons or his agent gave this info to rapopport. i mean who would not prefer to get to choose their next employer ? what better way to sabotage the steelers chance of a trade then to put it out there that they dont have to give up shit ?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 8:39 am

I think the Organization is thinking Pierre and/or Layne are capable to take over for Nelson.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 12:54 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I think the Organization is thinking Pierre and/or Layne are capable to take over for Nelson.
Time will tell but sometimes you have no choice but to go that direction. Eventually the kids gotta step up.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 7:16 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
im thinkin its not Lane. pierre got more snaps in the last game against cleveland than lane did ( 18 > 16 ). if they thought lane was the next man up, im thinking they would have wanted to get him as much game time as possible.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 5:17 am

I like the Juju re-signing. Some of his antics are annoying, like the dancing on other team's logos. His social media presence, and that he seems to do mostly in his free time, but sometimes it bleeds into his job. I do think he needs to mature a bit in regards to that, you're being paid, your job should come before your "brand". That being said I have trouble faulting the kid for having fun, he's only 24 and you only get to live life once.

I also think he really and truly loves the city, he could've taken a bigger contract to play elsewhere and he turned those down and agreed to a very team-friendly contract that gives them the opportunity to try and come to terms next offseason with a longer-term contract.

So I guess the kids not perfect, but he's a good player and ultimately I'm happier he's staying with the team. I hope he doesn't make me regret saying this lol.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 5:00 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I like the Juju re-signing. Some of his antics are annoying, like the dancing on other team's logos. His social media presence, and that he seems to do mostly in his free time, but sometimes it bleeds into his job. I do think he needs to mature a bit in regards to that, you're being paid, your job should come before your "brand". That being said I have trouble faulting the kid for having fun, he's only 24 and you only get to live life once.

I also think he really and truly loves the city, he could've taken a bigger contract to play elsewhere and he turned those down and agreed to a very team-friendly contract that gives them the opportunity to try and come to terms next offseason with a longer-term contract.

So I guess the kids not perfect, but he's a good player and ultimately I'm happier he's staying with the team. I hope he doesn't make me regret saying this lol.

His attempt to build his brand, hurt his brand Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 1401235891

I like the kid. Agree that he was doing stupid stuff, just like most of us when we were 23, 24 years old. Fortunately for me, I wasn't rich nor famous, so when I did stupid stuff I was just a regular dumbass Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 11:29 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

His attempt to build his brand, hurt his brand Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 1401235891

I like the kid. Agree that he was doing stupid stuff, just like most of us when we were 23, 24 years old. Fortunately for me, I wasn't rich nor famous, so when I did stupid stuff I was just a regular dumbass Embarassed
EVERY team has at least a few attention whoring assclowns. how much if any his off field antics had to do with a lack of interest we can only speculate. i would think his on field tape just failed to impress. sure he caught a lot of balls , but 5 yard patterns just aint as eye catching as 50 yard bombs. i think JuJu can thank Fichtner for hurting his bank account. while JuJu was working on his "brand" , fichtner was also working on JuJu's on field brand. he built  him the "possession" receiver brand. possession receivers dont get the big pay days.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 4:55 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

EVERY team has at least a few attention whoring assclowns. how much if any his off field antics had to do with a lack of interest we can only speculate. i would think his on field tape just failed to impress. sure he caught a lot of balls , but 5 yard patterns just aint as eye catching as 50 yard bombs. i think JuJu can thank Fichtner for hurting his bank account. while JuJu was working on his "brand" , fichtner was also working on JuJu's on field brand. he built  him the "possession" receiver brand. possession receivers dont get the big pay days.
I want to see what he does under Canada. Our offense can't be any worse. Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 10:53 am

I'm looking forward to the Canada offense. As long as Ben gets on board, it should be exciting.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 12:23 pm

@solardave wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I want to see what he does under Canada. Our offense can't be any worse. Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 2087824411

Our offense can be worse or close to it if they lead the league in drops, Ben can't hit the broad side of a barn, and there's no emphasis on the run game until its obvious the passing game is in the dumpster. Again, not defending Fitchner, but the players absolutely sucked on the field at about week 10. Keep sucking and Bill Walsh couldn't get a win out of them.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 12:29 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Our offense can be worse or close to it if they lead the league in drops, Ben can't hit the broad side of a barn, and there's no emphasis on the run game until its obvious the passing game is in the dumpster. Again, not defending Fitchner, but the players absolutely sucked on the field at about week 10. Keep sucking and Bill Walsh couldn't get a win out of them.

You're right, Kirkland. No OC can overcome balls snapped 10 feet over the QB's head, receiver drops and other poor execution. Players still have to make plays.

I'm not convinced Ben should have come back. Hope I'm wrong but....
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 3:50 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

You're right, Kirkland.  No OC can overcome balls snapped 10 feet over the QB's head, receiver drops and other poor execution.  Players still have to make plays.

I'm not convinced Ben should have come back.  Hope I'm wrong but....

I can't explain Ben. He was justifiably considered a league MVP candidate through week 9, then totally fell apart. Seems that everything hit that offense all at the same time and they couldn't play their way out of it. I do know that he didn't suddenly grow old, so I don't think it was an over-the-hill issue. I was in favor of his return simply because he can be really good, his leadership is outstanding, and his experience is invaluable.

Fitchner was rightfully canned if for nothing else, he was the OC of a team that underwent a major offensive collapse late in the season. Captain of the ship, went down with the ship. Maybe Canada brings more energy and higher expectations than Fitchner. Honestly, I think the Steelers winning next season falls more on the coaches getting the players to perform at a high level than it does the scheme ... it's the Jimmys and Joes, not the Xs and Os!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 8:36 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

You're right, Kirkland.  No OC can overcome balls snapped 10 feet over the QB's head, receiver drops and other poor execution.  Players still have to make plays.

I'm not convinced Ben should have come back.  Hope I'm wrong but....

I can't explain Ben. He was justifiably considered a league MVP candidate through week 9, then totally fell apart. Seems that everything hit that offense all at the same time and they couldn't play their way out of it. I do know that he didn't suddenly grow old, so I don't think it was an over-the-hill issue. I was in favor of his return simply because he can be really good, his leadership is outstanding, and his experience is invaluable.

Fitchner was rightfully canned if for nothing else, he was the OC of a team that underwent a major offensive collapse late in the season. Captain of the ship, went down with the ship. Maybe Canada brings more energy and higher expectations than Fitchner. Honestly, I think the Steelers winning next season falls more on the coaches getting the players to perform at a high level than it does the scheme ... it's the Jimmys and Joes, not the Xs and Os!

the thing i noticed at the beginning of the year Ben was overthrowing or throwing high. well that made me think his arm was fine. as the year went on , and i have posted it here with pics  ,  balls were often .getting to receivers at waste level and lower.  while its no excuse for not making the catch it doesn't help.  it was like a battery going dead or losing water pressure in a hose.  his arm just kept looking weaker and weaker. the guy was just to old to ask him to throw the ball that many times.
i myself am experience shoulder pain from throwing the ball to my dog. i have to throw it underarm now. i'm pretty sure the dog laughs at me.No

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 10:32 pm

This may not be true of every team, but for the Steelers, I've never seen them be particularly successful when they have to throw the ball 50+ times a game. Its more of a 50/50 with anyone they play - and that just should not be.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 3:36 am

They relied way too heavily on Ben for the latter part of the season. Statistically it was one of his best seasons but the dude is almost 40. You can't be having him throw the ball 50 times a game like that. We had no run game, we basically abandoned it because our offensive line got exposed. If we had balance this offense could do just fine.  I don't blame Ben for our offensive woes, I blame the coaching staff for their inability to develop an effective running game and refusal to recognize players like Pouncey and Villanueva were well past their primes. I'm excited to see what Canada does with the offense, and to see some youth enfused into the o-line.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 4:17 am

I think Ju Ju made a statement by signing a low ball 1 year offer. Now I think he has to prove he's worth the big bucks. Part of that means he has to grow up a little and stop with the anti-social media and dancing while not with the stars. Hopefully what we saw with Ben last year was a surgically repaired arm losing strength and he is now fully recovered. A strong running game with a guy like Harris or Entiene would go a long way. Ben wouldn't have to throw the ball 50 times and maybe he'd be more on point.
Then it's up to Ju Ju and all the others to CATCH THE DAMN BALL! I for one want to see more James Washington this year. He's the hardest working WR we have and catches everything thrown his way. If Johnson starts off dropping balls I'd give his job to JW in a heartbeat. An example is Ted Ginn Jr. One of the fastest,flashy guys coming into the league but he dropped a lot of balls. How many teams has he been with? If Johnson doesn't get his drops under control I see him following that path.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 6:54 pm

@solardave wrote:
I think Ju Ju made a statement by signing a low ball 1 year offer. Now I think he has to prove he's worth the big bucks. Part of that means he has to grow up a little and stop with the anti-social media and dancing while not with the stars. Hopefully what we saw with Ben last year was a surgically repaired arm losing strength and he is now fully recovered. A strong running game with a guy like Harris or Entiene  would go a long way. Ben wouldn't have to throw the ball 50 times and maybe he'd be more on point.
Then it's up to Ju Ju and all the others to CATCH THE DAMN BALL! I for one want to see more James Washington this year. He's the hardest working WR we have and catches everything thrown his way. If Johnson starts off dropping balls I'd give his job to JW in a heartbeat. An example is Ted Ginn Jr. One of the fastest,flashy guys coming into the league but he dropped a lot of balls. How many teams has he been with? If Johnson doesn't get his drops under control I see him following that path.

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 1549491426

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: