Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIs JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?

Go down 
+9
Stella Nation
Great Randino
Mach1
effyou515
IowaSteeler927
SteelerFreak58
solardave
Wallace108
jak341
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 4:02 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@solardave wrote:
I think Ju Ju made a statement by signing a low ball 1 year offer. Now I think he has to prove he's worth the big bucks. Part of that means he has to grow up a little and stop with the anti-social media and dancing while not with the stars. Hopefully what we saw with Ben last year was a surgically repaired arm losing strength and he is now fully recovered. A strong running game with a guy like Harris or Entiene  would go a long way. Ben wouldn't have to throw the ball 50 times and maybe he'd be more on point.
Then it's up to Ju Ju and all the others to CATCH THE DAMN BALL! I for one want to see more James Washington this year. He's the hardest working WR we have and catches everything thrown his way. If Johnson starts off dropping balls I'd give his job to JW in a heartbeat. An example is Ted Ginn Jr. One of the fastest,flashy guys coming into the league but he dropped a lot of balls. How many teams has he been with? If Johnson doesn't get his drops under control I see him following that path.

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 1549491426

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 12:58 pm

Football Footnotes: Latest interview shows JuJu Smith-Schuster still doesn't grasp mistake of 'Browns is the Browns' quote
https://triblive.com/sports/football-footnotes-latest-interview-shows-juju-smith-schuster-still-doesnt-grasp-mistake-of-browns-is-the-browns-quote/

this is the last year in the burgh.

coach: "hit her in the dick"
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 4:08 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
Football Footnotes: Latest interview shows JuJu Smith-Schuster still doesn't grasp mistake of 'Browns is the Browns' quote
https://triblive.com/sports/football-footnotes-latest-interview-shows-juju-smith-schuster-still-doesnt-grasp-mistake-of-browns-is-the-browns-quote/

The one statement where he said people caring about what he says pretty much proves he's more concerned with his brand. I can't can't help but like him but he better blow the doors off this year if he expects teams to pay him the big bucks. I'm pretty sure we won't no matter how much the FO likes him.
I can't put him in the Bell/AB category. He's not a bad kid and I say kid because he has some growing up to do.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 9:45 pm

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

The one statement where he said people caring about what he says pretty much proves he's more concerned with his brand. I can't can't help but like him but he better blow the doors off this year if he expects teams to pay him the big bucks. I'm pretty sure we won't no matter how much the FO likes him.
I can't put him in the Bell/AB category. He's not a bad kid and I say kid because he has some growing up to do.

l don't dislike him he's just has a punk ass kid mind it's football paying the bills not the brand it's not hard for pittsburgh to replace wrs.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 EmptyWed May 12, 2021 7:19 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

l don't dislike him he's just has a punk ass kid mind it's football paying the bills not the brand it's not hard for pittsburgh to replace wrs.

I don't think he's really a punk, dude does a lot in the community, does nice things for fans, for local kids. I work around punks for a living, he hardly fits that description.

Naive would be more accurate I think, and a bit careless.

Also, not to be a total debby downer or anything but his brand pays him quite a bit actually. Kid has sponsors, is in commercials, etc... He'd probably have a career outside of football if he wanted it. Honestly building his brand is kind of smart from his perspective considering an injury could derail his football career at any given time, why not have a Plan B?

That all said, I do agree he sometimes needs to learn to shut his mouth, and that he lets his personal stuff get in the way of his professional stuff a bit too much.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 EmptyWed May 12, 2021 3:40 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

I don't think he's really a punk, dude does a lot in the community, does nice things for fans, for local kids. I work around punks for a living, he hardly fits that description.

Also, not to be a total debby downer or anything but his brand pays him quite a bit actually. Kid has sponsors, is in commercials, etc... He'd probably have a career outside of football if he wanted it. Honestly building his brand is kind of smart from his perspective considering an injury could derail his football career at any given time, why not have a Plan B?

That all said, I do agree he sometimes needs to learn to shut his mouth, and that he lets his personal stuff get in the way of his professional stuff a bit too much.

yes l don't really follow players off field don't live around pittsburgh but he should understand dancing on teams 50 yard logo and putting unwise stuff in the media is not good for the team myself l follow the team first players come and go.

as soon as another team writes him a big check he'll be out of the burgh so fast you'd think he was a world class sprinter.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 EmptySun May 16, 2021 4:36 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

yes l don't really follow players off field don't live around pittsburgh but he should understand dancing on teams 50 yard logo and putting unwise stuff in the media is not good for the team myself l follow the team first players come and go.

as soon as another team writes him a big check he'll be out of the burgh so fast you'd think he was a world class sprinter.

Thing is he could've gone somewhere else for more money but took far less and gave the Steelers a cheap one year deal so they can work on signing him next season. He does some boneheaded things, but genuinely seems to love the team and the city. I think the immaturity will work itself out.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 EmptySun May 16, 2021 6:37 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

Thing is he could've gone somewhere else for more money but took far less and gave the Steelers a cheap one year deal so they can work on signing him next season. He does some boneheaded things, but genuinely seems to love the team and the city. I think the immaturity will work itself out.

Iowa it's not his brand I have a problem with at all. We live in a free enterprise system but I look at some of the things he does (dancing on a logo and making derogatory statements about the Browns) the same way I look at kneeling during the anthem. You're at work and being paid to play ball. Do this on your own time like when the season is over you can trash talk your opponent.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 EmptySun May 16, 2021 12:35 pm

@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

Iowa it's not his brand I have a problem with at all. We live in a free enterprise system but I look at some of the things he does (dancing on a logo and making derogatory statements about the Browns) the same way I look at kneeling during the anthem. You're at work and being paid to play ball. Do this on your own time like when the season is over you can trash talk your opponent.

Eh, it's football, trash talking is part of the game. Backing it up is another story. If you're gonna talk, make sure you're not writing checks your ass can't cash.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 EmptySun May 16, 2021 3:01 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

Eh, it's football, trash talking is part of the game. Backing it up is another story. If you're gonna talk, make sure you're not writing checks your ass can't cash.

Call me old school. I liked it better when it was like this.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 5:23 am

@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

Call me old school. I liked it better when it was like this.

I liked it better then too!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?   Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is JuJu Becoming Just As A Distraction As AB?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: