HomeSteelers playoff picture Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers playoff picture

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Steelers playoff picture Empty
PostSubject: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Two weeks remaining and all but 2 playoff seeds set in the AFC, the Steelers have multiple ways to get themselves in the playoffs as the 6th seed:

1. Easiest route - win out. With the remaining two games on the road, it may seem daunting but those opponents are the Jets (5-9), and the ratbirds (12-2). The Jets will be looking to bring misery to the Steelers playoff hopes this weekend. Should the Steelers win Sunday, they'll most likely be facing the ratbirds 2nd string team.

2. Loses from multiple teams.
The Titans are the team which pose the biggest threat and their remaining schedule are the Saints (11-3) who are still in the contention for a playoff BYE and the Texans (9-5) who are fighting for their own playoff security.
The Raiders who, like the Steelers, play their last two games on the road at the Chargers and at the Broncos. Both those teams would probably love to send Raiders Nation reeling in to the off-season. I'm betting They lose at least one, if not both of these games.
The Browns who end the season with the ratbirds and at Cincinnati. I'm certain the Steelers own the tie breaker over them, should it come down to that, but I'm thinking Baltimore secures their first round BYE this week and pay retribution for their earlier loss.

Week 16 Scenarios:
Steelers beat the Jets, 9-6, can't clinch
Titans lose to Saints, 8-7
Raiders lose to Chargers, 6-9, eliminated
Browns lose to ratbirds, 6-9, eliminated

It's rarely easy with this team. Why should 2019 be any different!?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers playoff picture 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 6:54 pm

I read somewhere that the Brown-stains are already out.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 10:18 am

I'm pretty sure the Browns are out. We can beat the Jets and the Ravens will probably be playing 2nd stringers in the last game so we might can beat them.(as we say in Kentucky) If we manage to win both we're in. Other than this scenario I don't know all of the possibilities. I'll say this. If we get in I hope we go to N.E. so we can embarrass them cheating bastards.Wouldn't that be great to beat them in their house and knock their sorry asses out. That would make my year.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 11:30 am

Shameless plug of one of my favorite things:

www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Browns can get in if Steelers and Titans lose out. Raiders can get in if Steelers, Titans, and Browns lose out.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 11:50 am

I was listening to SNR and they said the Jets are #1 against the run which is exactly what we need to do. Maybe this week the O line gets their shit together. It could happen.
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 2:43 pm

Jets are also terrible against the pass. 28th I believe? I'm not against throwing if Duck is smart about it.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Steelers playoff picture 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 3:04 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
The Browns who end the season with the ratbirds and at Cincinnati.  I'm certain the Steelers own the tie breaker over them, should it come down to that

In order for a tie record, Steelers would have to lose out and Browns would have to win out. In that scenario, Browns would have the tie breaker because of more division wins.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 7:12 pm

I had really been hoping, and actually thinking, Bills might beat cheats this week. But, almost have to pull for cheats to win this weekend so Balt needs this weekend's browns game to clinch 1 seed. Baltimore win vs browns this week makes the Steelers game with them next week meaningless.

Bell likely is trying to prove something to the world this weekend and getting himself up for a big game. After all, he needs revenge on the Steelers since it was their fault he took less money and went to the Jets.

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Yeah as want to have the Bills beat the Cheats. But it would take a miracle if the Steelers won the rest of their games and having some other team lose or so to enter in.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 1:21 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
I had really been hoping, and actually thinking, Bills might beat cheats this week. But, almost have to pull for cheats to win this weekend so Balt needs this weekend's browns game to clinch 1 seed. Baltimore win vs browns this week makes the Steelers game with them next week meaningless.

Bell likely is trying to prove something to the world this weekend and getting himself up for a big game. After all, he needs revenge on the Steelers since it was their fault he took less money and went to the Jets.
Ravens/Browns play at the same time as Bills/Pats*, so the Bills game won't impact the Ravens. Rat birds will play to win this week. If Bills beat Pats*, Ravens will lock up #1 seed before the game with the Steelers.

Go Bills.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 5:20 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:

Seriously? It's our fault he took less money? He took less money because he is a fool.In his mind he probably thinks it's our fault because guys like him never own their actions. I hope we meet him in the backfield all day long.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 1:41 pm

@solardave wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:

Seriously? It's our fault he took less money? He took less money because he is a fool.In his mind he probably thinks it's our fault because guys like him never own their actions. I hope we meet him in the backfield all day long.

I'm with you. I was joking at the way he seems to look at things based on some comments he made in the past. I'm not sure how Pittsburgh 'let him go' when he chose to take less money and go to an inferior team:

Quote :
“They think we don’t have the talent. I’m thinking I’m going to show everybody. I’m going to show people that, look, Pittsburgh had something special and they let it go. That’s what I’m going to go out there and do.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/03/leveon-bell-im-going-to-show-people-pittsburgh-let-something-special-go/

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 3:43 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:

I'm with you. I was joking at the way he seems to look at things based on some comments he made in the past. I'm not sure how Pittsburgh 'let him go' when he chose to take less money and go to an inferior team:

Quote :
“They think we don’t have the talent. I’m thinking I’m going to show everybody. I’m going to show people that, look, Pittsburgh had something special and they let it go. That’s what I’m going to go out there and do.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/03/leveon-bell-im-going-to-show-people-pittsburgh-let-something-special-go/

Special indeed. Special as in short bus. The Bills (10-5) lost to the Patriots* yesterday. The Texans (10-5) beat the Bucs. Since the Cheats won does this mean the Rats play 1st stringers against us next week? It seems to me they need to win out to get #1 seed.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 4:22 am

Rats have head to head tie breaker with cheats...beat them earlier this year. By my figuring, if the Rats win today they clinch #1, they would be 13-2...cheats are 12-3 after yesterdays game. Even if cheats win next week and rats lose, both would be 13-3, but tie breaker going to Baltimore.

We probably should pull for Chiefs to lose this week so Texans have a better shot at #3 seed in their game with Titans next week.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 8:56 am

For week 15, we need to pull for the following teams: Bears, Saints, and Ravens. These will give Steelers the best chances going into week 16. If this happens:

• Ravens lock up #1 and should rest their starters. However, they will be extremely motivated with the chance to severely limit our playoff chances.
  • Houston will be playing for a #3 or #4 seed. Titans will be playing for their playoff lives.
  • If KC wins, Houston won't have much to play for and will probably rest their starters. Like the Ravens, they will still be motivated to knock their rivals out.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 3:03 am

these scenarios get long winded at times but read somewhere that, I think it goes like this: Steelers could lose, Titans lose, Raiders lose, Colts win, Steelers are in. Not posting this like I hope we sneak in this way, only that it's amazing how bizarre these scenarios get.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 5:10 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
these scenarios get long winded at times but read somewhere that, I think it goes like this: Steelers could lose, Titans lose, Raiders lose, Colts win, Steelers are in. Not posting this like I hope we sneak in this way, only that it's amazing how bizarre these scenarios get.

Based on the last few years would we have it any other way? Steelers playoff picture 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 3:38 pm

Yeah - we're definitely not a playoff team. Obviously I hope we get in, you always want to be in the playoffs if you can be - but the Titans are probably a better option for that 6th spot at this point. If Hodges had kept playing like he was playing for a few weeks, maybe it would be different, but regardless we're only going so far in our situation.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 8:51 am

@SteelCity4Life wrote:
Jets are also terrible against the pass. 28th I believe? I'm not against throwing if Duck is smart about it.

As it turns out we matched their "terrible against the pass" with our "terrible with the pass".
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 2:34 pm

@solardave wrote:
@SteelCity4Life wrote:

As it turns out we matched their "terrible against the pass" with our "terrible with the pass".  
Right.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 3:08 pm

It looks like Conner out again and Pouncey. Otherwise the team is healthy:

No James Conner for Steelers in must-win Ravens game

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers will be without their starting running back for a must-win Week 17 game against the Baltimore Ravens.

James Conner, who suffered a quad injury in the second quarter of last week's loss to the New York Jets, will miss his sixth game of the season. Conner has played in only three of the Steelers' last nine games as he's dealt with injuries to his shoulder and quad.

He initially injured his shoulder in the final two minutes of the win against Miami on Oct. 28 and didn't play the next two games. He attempted to come back in the Thursday night game against the Cleveland Browns but lasted only a quarter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28378147/no-james-conner-steelers-win-ravens-game

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 5:33 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:

Quote :

He had something special and he pissed it away. We are absolutely better without him and who cares what he thinks. Has been.

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 12:13 pm

Looks like Houston will be resting people, I think that all but fucks our playoff chances
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 1:26 pm

@Shalieve5090 wrote:
Looks like Houston will be resting people, I think that all but fucks our playoff chances
We did that to ourselves when we lost to the Jets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers playoff picture   Steelers playoff picture Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers playoff picture
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: