Home[Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

[Week 15] Steelers @ Jets

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

[Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 4:27 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Hell at this point lets see what Lynch can do. He was a hell of a QB in college maybe going from a round 1 draft pick to a practice squad has lit a fire under his ass and he is hungry.
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in the game next week. After all, if you're going to have him on the roster, might as well see what he's got. But I suspect, not much.

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 4:29 pm

They def cant start hodges next week. He is beyond terrible
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 4:35 pm

I spent the past few days defending JuJu, and this is how he thanks me. [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 1505004552

In all fairness, it wasn't an easy catch. But it's one we expect him to make. This whole team is tough to watch right now. Even the defense, when playing well, still manages to give up points at inopportune times. The only bright spot for the entire season has been Boswell. So we've got that going for us.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 4:46 pm

Lots of bright spots... TJ, Fitzpatrick, Bush, Nelson, Dupree (Finally got double digit sacks). Our middle of the field defense isnt swiss cheese any more. Boswell is kicking well again. We have a good corp group of young recievers and some decent young RBs.

If BB comes back healthy and this defense continues to rise we have a shot at a SB. BB can put up points and now with a quality Defense he wont have to put up to many.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 5:03 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
@solardave wrote:
This loss is as much on Fitchner. WTF are doing running a draw play down by six with 3 minutes left? It doesn't look good for Mason. That sure looks like a broken collarbone. I need to digest this shit show. Man this game really pissed me off.
I don't know.

What can you do, down to 3rd (4th?) string QB, 3rd RB, 2nd center, what else?  Its hard.  At some point the lack of talent crushes you.

Well I know you don't call a run when you're down by 6 and 3 minutes left.3rd and long he's calling screens to the TE. Fitchner needs to go. I know we have a ton of injury issues but bad play calling is bad play calling. We just couldn't catch a break this game.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 8:24 pm

@solardave wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
@solardave wrote:
This loss is as much on Fitchner. WTF are doing running a draw play down by six with 3 minutes left? It doesn't look good for Mason. That sure looks like a broken collarbone. I need to digest this shit show. Man this game really pissed me off.
I don't know.

What can you do, down to 3rd (4th?) string QB, 3rd RB, 2nd center, what else?  Its hard.  At some point the lack of talent crushes you.

Well I know you don't call a run when you're down by 6 and 3 minutes left.3rd and long he's calling screens to the TE. Fitchner needs to go. I know we have a ton of injury issues but bad play calling is bad play calling. We just couldn't catch a break this game.
I agree regarding the screen pass, that one makes no strategic sense. As for the draw play, they were probably hoping the Jets would play the pass and we'd get a big gain - without having to have Duck throw the ball.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Pretty sure there are college football teams that would have no issue defending our so called "offense". What a joke.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 9:09 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Pretty sure there are college football teams that would have no issue defending our so called "offense". What a joke.
There are also college football teams that have more talent in the skill positions than we have right now (Washington and Johnson notwithstanding).
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 9:10 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Lots of bright spots... TJ, Fitzpatrick, Bush, Nelson, Dupree (Finally got double digit sacks). Our middle of the field defense isnt swiss cheese any more. Boswell is kicking well again. We have a good corp group of young recievers and some decent young RBs.

If BB comes back healthy and this defense continues to rise we have a shot at a SB. BB can put up points and now with a quality Defense he wont have to put up to many.
Look, here's the elephant in the room that nobody is talking about....

Ben's not coming back. He's never playing again.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 1:44 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
I spent the past few days defending JuJu, and this is how he thanks me. [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 1505004552

In all fairness, it wasn't an easy catch. But it's one we expect him to make. This whole team is tough to watch right now. Even the defense, when playing well, still manages to give up points at inopportune times. The only bright spot for the entire season has been Boswell. So we've got that going for us.

I think the D has still been fun to watch but the offense has been rough. I had been hoping all along they make the playoffs for young players experience. I still do, but it will be really hard to watch this offense there.

Maybe the clock struck midnight for Duck but had Washington held onto that ball it would be another off the bench save for him. Rudolph did very well, it was good to see that

I have no way if knowing If Ben comes back next year. He and the team seem to thinks so. I hope he does return to form and we have a couple years of him with this defense. Either way I hope the team gets a veteran QB and RB in free agency. Wishful thinking, I'm sure, but maybe someone like Nick Foles available.

Conner has become a walking injury. They just can't rely on him to stay healthy.

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 3:00 am

Jets players and coaches are idiots. they win their 6th game and haven't sniffed the playoffs since 2010. Richard Nixon took office shortly after their first and only Super Bowl win. They beat a team that started an offense that looked like the 2nd half of a preseason game 4 ...then lost a couple players and still were a dropped pass from losing. The way they celebrated the win was ridiculous.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 3:19 am

nine vegetable wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Look, here's the elephant in the room that nobody is talking about....

Ben's not coming back.  He's never playing again.

I've said several times that this is my biggest fear with this team. We have no heir apparent. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and Ben can play 1 or 2 more years at a high level but I doubt that's gonna happen. He's been showing signs of age for at least 2 years now. A year off is not going to be like hitting the refresh button I don't think.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 8:54 am

@Wallace108 wrote:

I'll add TJ to the bright spot list. Mason was having a pretty good game yesterday. Looking like he was over the cheap shot and when he took another eerily similar one there was no flag. The thing that worries me is next season hinges on Ben coming back healthy. He'll be 38 when camp starts and was already showing signs of age.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 11:01 am

hope there are good offensive linemen in this up coming draft, imo the offensive line is in need of young offensive line talent infusion. LT and LG the Steelers need rwo young athletic up grades at these two positions would be a great start.

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 1:29 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

I'll add TJ to the bright spot list. Mason was having a pretty good game yesterday. Looking like he was over the cheap shot and when he took another  eerily similar one there was no flag. The thing that worries me is next season hinges on Ben coming back healthy. He'll be 38 when camp starts and was already showing signs of age.  
Hodges is starting again this week. Mason will not play. Let's hope they dial up some short passes, throw short routes to Tight Ends (remember them Fitchner?), backs out of the backfield, short WR routes (let our talented young guys catch and run), etc. Make him Check-Down Charlie and occasionally take deep shots.

Back to Ben. I would love to see him come back but I don't think he's ever playing again. Here's what's going to happen:
Ben will not retire. He will attempt to come back but not be able to due to his injury (he still gets paid).

So - need a QB. Mason isn't the future, Duck isn't the future. Probably won't have the future on our roster nest year either.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 4:44 am

nine vegetable wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

I'll add TJ to the bright spot list. Mason was having a pretty good game yesterday. Looking like he was over the cheap shot and when he took another  eerily similar one there was no flag. The thing that worries me is next season hinges on Ben coming back healthy. He'll be 38 when camp starts and was already showing signs of age.  
Hodges is starting again this week.  Mason will not play.  Let's hope they dial up some short passes, throw short routes to Tight Ends (remember them Fitchner?), backs out of the backfield, short WR routes (let our talented young guys catch and run), etc.  Make him Check-Down Charlie and occasionally take deep shots.

Back to Ben.  I would love to see him come back but I don't think he's ever playing again.  Here's what's going to happen:  
Ben will not retire.  He will attempt to come back but not be able to due to his injury (he still gets paid).

So - need a QB.  Mason isn't the future, Duck isn't the future.  Probably won't have the future on our roster nest year either.

Short passes are fine providing the receiver is out of the backfield when he throws to them. We just need to run the ball better and take low risk shots. Lamar Jackson says he wants to play. If he does they run up a 14 point lead and we'll lose 14-3. [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 2913999526 Let's not kid ourselves. This is the last game of the season for us. We'll have home couch this year.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 10:39 pm

I really hope he plays like he did for those few weeks in a row, instead of like we've seen the last few weeks (although to be fair, if Ju Ju had caught that ball, we'd be having a little different discussion).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets   [Week 15] Steelers @ Jets - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Week 15] Steelers @ Jets
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: