Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers-Ratbirds

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 5:44 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
@Shalieve5090 wrote:
Put fucking Paxton in. Fuck Hodges
Please NO.

Why not, cant do much fucking worse than the clown we have under center
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 5:47 pm

Maybe we see Lynch in the second half whether we want him or not. I feel like we're stuck hoping Hodges gets his head out of his ass. It won't fuckin' matter if we don't stop the run.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 6:32 pm

Announcers just said they asked Tomlin about the job Fichtner has done this year and Tomlin said he has been fantastic.....what in the fuck have you been watching Tomlin? Both of those morons need to be fired
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 6:54 pm

Fichtner is an idiot. Constantly abandons the running game, even when it is successful he just can't help himself.

Hodges should be off this team come next season. Dude sucks. He's a turnover factory.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 7:12 pm

What a fucking joke. At least put up a fight. Instead these guys bend over and let Baltimore give them a good old pounding.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 7:13 pm

Fire this whole coaching staff tomorrow morning PLEASE
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 7:13 pm

I wish I could say we played hard but I'd be lying.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 8:49 pm

This is a 5-11 team that somehow got to 8-8. Worst talent on the offensive side, probably in the entire NFL. #1 receiver, Smith-Schuster, would be lucky to be the 3rd receiver on any other team. QB was 4th string at the beginning of the year. Undrafted/cast off RB's. Really really terrible talent on the O side.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 9:02 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
This is a 5-11 team that somehow got to 8-8.  Worst talent on the offensive side, probably in the entire NFL.  #1 receiver, Smith-Schuster, would be lucky to be the 3rd receiver on any other team.  QB was 4th string at the beginning of the year.  Undrafted/cast off RB's.  Really really terrible talent on the O side.

yea Juju was really disappointing this year

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 9:12 pm

Boy, some real hot takes on Twitter right now. JuJu is just getting demolished by everyone.

Tim Benz is in favor of the Fitzpatrick deal, but it came at great cost. I fully agree with him.

Foster is having a meltdown. Saying if the team is going to release him, do it now.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/1211464525075144704?s=19
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 9:54 pm

@schillah wrote:

He still did better than AB though. Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 10:25 pm

@Lokki wrote:
@schillah wrote:

He still did better than AB though.  Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 1797695198

Ha!

As for Foster...

I refuse to get excited, emotional, or upset over comments from a frustrated player interviewed right after a loss. I'm glad he's passionate, its a good thing. I take no stock in his words of frustration though, and neither should others.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 11:10 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
So sick of Hodges hurting this team. Always finds a way to turn the ball over. Holds onto the ball too long, gets it knocked out of his hand. Freaking idiot.

Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 1664291743 ...heard the same thing a few weeks ago about Rudolf...then everyone wanted hodges. we have come full circle. Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 312503953
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 11:13 pm

did we have a 200 + passing game this entire year ? once maybe ?

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 4:21 am

@Shalieve5090 wrote:
Announcers just said they asked Tomlin about the job Fichtner has done this year and Tomlin said he has been fantastic.....what in the fuck have you been watching Tomlin? Both of those morons need to be fired

If he did in fact say that we will probably be stuck with his sorry ass next year. Snell averaged 5.1 YPC and what does Fitchner do? Put Whyte (0.3 YPC) in to replace him.

Honestly I didn't think we'd win this game but I didn't expect us to play like "we just want to get this season over and go home"! Their backup RB averaged 6.2 YPC for 130.
How in the hell do you forget how to tackle from one game to the next?
The second half should have been the Lynch audition. I'm pretty sure he's just a camp body but how could he have been any worse than Hodges? Nothing worse than a QB who says all the right things about their mistakes, leads you to believe he gets it and goes out and makes the same mistakes plus a few even worse ones. The Duck Dynasty is over.
The only person I'd even think about giving a GB to would be Snell. And WTF was TJ all about? I mean he was taking a lot of cheap shots on RG III, almost like it was personal. Dupree too. On the option plays he would blow right past the RB just to level RG III. I'm amazed he didn't get several RTP calls.
This was a shit show on both sides of the ball.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 6:30 am

What surprised me about the defensive game plan was seeing 2 down linemen on a consistent basis. Were they expecting a West Coast offense? Hell, even in the second half, after the Ravens showed their game plan was 90% run, with the Ravens holding the lead, and in obvious run situations, the Steelers still went with 2 down linemen.

Also, the plan to hit Griffin on every play regardless of how late the hit was had me thinking the coaches were less worried about stopping the Ravens as much as they wanted to settle a score from the first game. Sadly, I don't think their plan settled anything other than putting something on tape for next year's games.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 8:20 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
What surprised me about the defensive game plan was seeing 2 down linemen on a consistent basis. Were they expecting a West Coast offense? Hell, even in the second half, after the Ravens showed their game plan was 90% run, with the Ravens holding the lead, and in obvious run situations,  the Steelers still went with 2 down linemen.

Also,  the plan to hit Griffin on every play regardless of how late the hit was had me thinking the coaches were less worried about stopping the Ravens as much as they wanted to settle a score from the first game. Sadly,  I don't think their plan settled anything other than putting something on tape for next year's games.

I didn't think of it that way. TJ and Dupree looked like they were on a mission. And not a good one either. There were several times they could have dropped the RB in the backfield but chose to hit the QB.SMH. I thought Butler did a good job of hiding behind Tomlin this year. Fitchner had no where to hide. He needs to go period. If Tomlin needs to run the D why do we need Butler? How much of the Oline issues are on Sarrett? Probably more age/injury factors than his coaching or lack of it. Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 2087824411

Yeah, something definitely went down for the Steelers to target RG3 the way they did. Either he made a comment or they weren't happy with the way things went down in the first game. TJ and Dupree have never shown any cheap shot tendencies, so something happened. I agree with 9, not something I cared to see. You don't like something, settle it within the rules.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 10:40 am

@solardave wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
What surprised me about the defensive game plan was seeing 2 down linemen on a consistent basis. Were they expecting a West Coast offense? Hell, even in the second half, after the Ravens showed their game plan was 90% run, with the Ravens holding the lead, and in obvious run situations,  the Steelers still went with 2 down linemen.

Also,  the plan to hit Griffin on every play regardless of how late the hit was had me thinking the coaches were less worried about stopping the Ravens as much as they wanted to settle a score from the first game. Sadly,  I don't think their plan settled anything other than putting something on tape for next year's games.

I didn't think of it that way. TJ and Dupree looked like they were on a mission. And not a good one either. There were several times they could have dropped the RB in the backfield but chose to hit the QB.SMH. I thought Butler did a good job of hiding behind Tomlin this year. Fitchner had no where to hide. He needs to go period. If Tomlin needs to run the D why do we need Butler? How much of the Oline issues are on Sarrett? Probably more age/injury factors than his coaching or lack of it. Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 2087824411
Its really hard to tell regarding O line coaching. Our line is aging. But a definite drop-off. I think one would have to attribute some of it to not having Mularkey. Coaches do matter and the best ones get the most out of their talent.

As for TJ and Dupree - it did look like they were going after RG3. Some cheap shots. I do NOT like it. Leave that crap to loser teams like the Browns (and formerly Bengals when they had Burfict). You can play with an edge and not be cheap. They should have been flagged/removed from the game.

Ravens are a good team. They may well win the Super Bowl. I hope they do (them or the Chiefs). Lamar is a really good QB - and I like the kid a lot, I have since college. He has worked hard and made enormous strides since last year. Goes to show how much progress a QB can make from his rookie year. Nobody could have predicted his meteoric rise. In that vein, I hope they bring Hodges back and let him fight for a position next year (I know a lot of people will disagree with that but hear me out). Give him a chance to make improvements as well. If he's good enough to make the team next year, more power to him. If not, so be it. Draft a QB if it makes sense to, and nobody's safe (other than Ben, if he even takes the field again).
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 10:52 am

It's a shame that our season ended on a bad note, this team didn't deserve that. They've been fighting all year long, but it's clear that our lack of talent on the offensive side finally costed us some games. Not a big surprise and maybe it's good that we missed the play-offs, because the last thing I wanted to see was us getting our butt kicked by the Patriots** again. The Titans at least have a chance.

I enjoyed the season, especially having a great D again. TJ in particular had a stellar season. I hope they can continue to perform like this. We desperately need a good Ben back and an improvement on the OL and a RB#1 who isn't injury prone wouldn't hurt as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Ratbirds   Steelers-Ratbirds - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers-Ratbirds
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: