HomeSteelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Steelers Mock Drafts 2020

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1056
Likes : 196
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 11:39 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Claypool has Calvin Johnson-like intangibles. I like the pick.

They compare him size and speed to Johnson in this video:


_________________
Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 $_35
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 3950
Likes : 1279
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 11:41 pm

I wonder if Adam Troutman is still on the board if there's any chance they take him. Would give us two young talented guys at TE in Ebron/Troutman.

Bradlee Anae still on the board as well.

Interesting to see what they'll do.

_________________
Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1531
Likes : 493
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 11:51 pm

At #102 they take: Alex Highsmith OLB
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1106
Likes : 390
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 12:09 am

i'm not gonna knitpick this guy because i never heard of him ...just gonna say there was higher rated OLB available...i hope this isn't another artie burns pick , where colbert and tomlin think they know more than everybody else.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Posts : 530
Likes : 71
Join date : 2015-09-11

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 12:36 am

Could be worse, we could be the Packers, or the Bears with 10 tight ends
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1106
Likes : 390
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:41 am

@Shalieve5090 wrote:
Could be worse, we could be the Packers, or the Bears with 10 tight ends

haha...if i'm aaron rodgers i would demand a trade
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1106
Likes : 390
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:56 am

one thing that is nice to see on his highlights is he doesn't get all his sacks beating the tackle to the edge. so he does have other tools in the box besides speed.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1144
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:49 am

@Shalieve5090 wrote:
Could be worse, we could be the Packers, or the Bears with 10 tight ends

Packers and Bears are competing for who has the worst draft. An as usual the Packers always find a way to beat the Bears Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 1797695198
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Posts : 1531
Likes : 493
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 8:41 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'm not gonna knitpick this guy because i never heard of him ...just gonna say there was higher rated OLB available...i hope this isn't another artie burns pick , where colbert and tomlin think they know more than everybody else.

He reminds me of Joey Porter (the college Joey Porter). He's got raw rushing talent, but he's a hand-in-the-dirt guy. We'll see if he's able to make the transition to OLB. He probably won't get shot in the ass at 2 a.m. outside a seedy bar or arrested for mouthing off to police ... outside a seedy bar, etc.

One note of praise that sticks out for me is the OT for Clemson said Highsmith was the best he went against all year. That's impressive given the talent lining up against Clemson.

I get a laugh hearing a few commentators say he needs to get stronger. Well, I'd say almost all college guys are going to get stronger. And does he need to get stronger because he couldn't hold the point of attack or bull rush past bigger OTs? Meh, I think they're throwing that out there because he's a smaller school guy. I had the opportunity to attend the 49ers (that's the Charlotte team name) inter-squad scrimmage last year, tour their facilities, and meet their players and coaches. They're pulling together a good program and should become competitive in the next few years. However, this past year, they were taking the field against better talent almost every week. Highsmith had to face left tackles from schools that have more recruiting opportunities and loaded with more talent. He comes from a system that doesn't allow their players to take plays off, they have to work their tails off, and they have to dig hard to be competitive. Then factor in that Highsmith was a walk-on at Charlotte. The Steelers didn't draft a guy that has been fawned over and any attention he got it was through his own grit.

I don't know if he'll be the next starting OLB for the Steelers, but I know I like this guy and will root for him.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Posts : 530
Likes : 71
Join date : 2015-09-11

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:05 pm

They just took a running back, Anthony McFarland from Maryland...thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1144
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:06 pm

Passing on Tyler Biadasz for a mediocre RB Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 294855916
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2895
Likes : 535
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:06 pm

McFarland is blistering fast, but there is this.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2887276-nfl-scout-anthony-mcfarlands-character-absolutely-atrocious-like-a-child

I'm really starting to question the FO with these picks.

Edit: more things. Matt Canada was also his coach.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4805
Likes : 696
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:37 pm

The first 2 are good picks, The last one has me shaking my head. What are they thinking? This guy looks like the RB version of AB. Not even the BPA on the board after Colbert said he felt good about JC coming back healthy. I can tell you this if Colbert is gone after this year I bet the Browns will try to hire him. He's making their kind of moves.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2895
Likes : 535
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:39 pm

Dotson is next. OL, but not projected to ever be a starter. Depth only.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kevin-dotson/FAT0SNziZE
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1144
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:40 pm

And now a guard with terrible technique. Do they think we still have Munchak to develop him?
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1144
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Really disappointed with both our 4th round picks. A RB who I don't see much difference with Samuels and Snell and with off-field issues and a guard with a 7th round projection and who needs a lot of coaching.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1144
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 2:07 pm

And to top it off the Ravens just selected one of the guards I mentioned in the other tread Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1106
Likes : 390
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 3:49 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
I'm thinking BPA out of OL, RB, and WR. Perhaps ILB, as our depth is paper thin.
this class is deep at receiver...i believe thats the way they will go.  chase claypool from notre dame is an interesting prospect...ran a 4.42 at 6'4" 238lbs... affraid..said to be a helluva blocker and special teammer..he is basically a super fast TE.  Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 3135543967 a poor mans calvin johnson...or a faster brandon marshal.

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 2893009358
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2895
Likes : 535
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 3:57 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
I'm thinking BPA out of OL, RB, and WR. Perhaps ILB, as our depth is paper thin.
this class is deep at receiver...i believe thats the way they will go.  chase claypool from notre dame is an interesting prospect...ran a 4.42 at 6'4" 238lbs... affraid..said to be a helluva blocker and special teammer..he is basically a super fast TE.  Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 3135543967 a poor mans calvin johnson...or a faster brandon marshal.

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 2893009358

Got any lottery numbers you would care to share?
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2895
Likes : 535
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 4:07 pm

This makes me feel a little better about Dotson.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1106
Likes : 390
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 4:16 pm

i don't dislike the player choices they made, but i do question the positions. particularly taking a guard instead of a tackle. correct me if i'm wrong, but did they not just get a guy in free agency that plays guard ? maybe the talk of moving feiler to guard is just that....talk.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2895
Likes : 535
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 4:24 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i don't dislike the player choices they made, but i do question the positions. particularly taking a guard instead of a tackle. correct me if i'm wrong, but did they not just get a guy in free agency that plays guard ? maybe the talk of moving feiler to guard is just that....talk.

MM had a tweet a while back with some speculation (and griping about Finney leaving.) Wisniewski is signed to be the depth backup and nothing more. Feiler moves to G. This leaves Okorafor as your starting RT. Granted, we have a lot of "no names" that may surprise, but that's it. The depth is still paper thin, and the O-line isn't much improved. This line of thinking lines up with what we've seen in the past lately. We sign a vet. and hope a younger player on the roster supplants him: Barron and Moncrief come to mind where Bush and Johnson displaced the vets.

With the Dotson signing, I can see Feiler staying at RT, with Wisnieski becoming the starter and Dotson the heir eventually. This leaves Okorafor as the odd man out. Understandable, but MM felt that Okorafor was going to get his shot at the starting position regardless of who else signs. He felt the org. was extremely high on him.

Still though, I don't think the biggest issue on this team was fixed: the OL.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1106
Likes : 390
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 5:01 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
Really disappointed with both our 4th round picks. A RB who I don't see much difference with Samuels and Snell and with off-field issues and a guard with a 7th round projection and who needs a lot of coaching.
really ? you think he is like snell and samuels ? compare the highlight tapes of all 3 and you will see a big difference. he will be the only guy on the roster who can beat defenders to the edge. plus he can return kickoffs.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1106
Likes : 390
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 5:10 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i don't dislike the player choices they made, but i do question the positions. particularly taking a guard instead of a tackle. correct me if i'm wrong, but did they not just get a guy in free agency that plays guard ? maybe the talk of moving feiler to guard is just that....talk.

MM had a tweet a while back with some speculation (and griping about Finney leaving.) Wisniewski is signed to be the depth backup and nothing more. Feiler moves to G. This leaves Okorafor as your starting RT. Granted, we have a lot of "no names" that may surprise, but that's it. The depth is still paper thin, and the O-line isn't much improved. This line of thinking lines up with what we've seen in the past lately. We sign a vet. and hope a younger player on the roster supplants him: Barron and Moncrief come to mind where Bush and Johnson displaced the vets.

With the Dotson signing, I can see Feiler staying at RT, with Wisnieski becoming the starter and Dotson the heir eventually. This leaves Okorafor as the odd man out. Understandable, but MM felt that Okorafor was going to get his shot at the starting position regardless of who else signs. He felt the org. was extremely high on him.

Still though, I don't think the biggest issue on this team was fixed: the OL.
yep feiller is going to stay at RT. but i think this rookie and wisneiwski should get to compete for the starting RG spot. Okorafor will be the backup swing tackle. does the expanded roster begin this year ?
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1144
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 7:41 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Really disappointed with both our 4th round picks. A RB who I don't see much difference with Samuels and Snell and with off-field issues and a guard with a 7th round projection and who needs a lot of coaching.
really ? you think he is like snell and samuels ? compare the highlight tapes of all 3 and you will see a big difference. he will be the only guy on the roster who can beat defenders to the edge. plus he can return kickoffs.


I don't mean he's the same type of player as Samuels and Snell, Samuels and Snell are different type of players themselves. I mean that he's nothing more than a back-up, just like Samuels and Snell and I don't see the point in having 3 back-ups of the same quality when you can use a starter (who doesn't have injury issues like Conner) at that same position. So either they should've drafted Akers or Dobbins in the 2nd round or they shouldn't have drafted a RB at all imo. Especially with all the needs we have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Steelers Mock Drafts 2020
Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: