Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeSteelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Steelers Mock Drafts 2020

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1191
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 9:51 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Really disappointed with both our 4th round picks. A RB who I don't see much difference with Samuels and Snell and with off-field issues and a guard with a 7th round projection and who needs a lot of coaching.
really ? you think he is like snell and samuels ? compare the highlight tapes of all 3 and you will see a big difference. he will be the only guy on the roster who can beat defenders to the edge. plus he can return kickoffs.


I don't mean he's the same type of player as Samuels and Snell, Samuels and Snell are different type of players themselves. I mean that he's nothing more than a back-up, just like Samuels and Snell and I don't see the point in having 3 back-ups of the same quality when you can use a starter (who doesn't have injury issues like Conner) at that same position. So either they should've drafted Akers or Dobbins in the 2nd round or they shouldn't have drafted a RB at all imo. Especially with all the needs we have.
sure i get what you are saying. but unless you have a functioning crystal ball, then there is no way to say for sure akers or dobbins will be better NFL players than this guy. they didn't play on the same teams or have the same coaches or play in the same scheme or run behind the same Oline. so there is no science to compare players outside of measurable's which this guy stacks up just fine. do you remember willie parker ? the guy who didnt even start in college and went undrafted. i bet he had a better career than a lot of the backs that were drafted. speaking of parker who was undrafted in 2004 , there was a guy drafted in the 5th round by the chargers who im sure many hated on the pick....micheal turner who was one of two running backs that year to make a pro bowl and  made the first team all pro..the other being stephen jackson taken in the first. i try not to put a lot of stock in draft "values" considering how often they get it wrong.

here is a classic example of a guy people take his word as the gospel...

Every NFL Team’s Draft Pick that Mel Kiper was HORRIBLY Wrong About

Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 667
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 11:18 pm

None of the professionals - scouts, GM's, head coaches - value anything Kiper says.

He's never been any of the above and is truly a hack at evaluating talent.

Still gotta give him credit for turning his draft book into a career. Pretty amazing from a marketing perspective.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1125
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 11:54 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Really disappointed with both our 4th round picks. A RB who I don't see much difference with Samuels and Snell and with off-field issues and a guard with a 7th round projection and who needs a lot of coaching.
really ? you think he is like snell and samuels ? compare the highlight tapes of all 3 and you will see a big difference. he will be the only guy on the roster who can beat defenders to the edge. plus he can return kickoffs.


I don't mean he's the same type of player as Samuels and Snell, Samuels and Snell are different type of players themselves. I mean that he's nothing more than a back-up, just like Samuels and Snell and I don't see the point in having 3 back-ups of the same quality when you can use a starter (who doesn't have injury issues like Conner) at that same position. So either they should've drafted Akers or Dobbins in the 2nd round or they shouldn't have drafted a RB at all imo. Especially with all the needs we have.
sure i get what you are saying. but unless you have a functioning crystal ball, then there is no way to say for sure akers or dobbins will be better NFL players than this guy. they didn't play on the same teams or have the same coaches or play in the same scheme or run behind the same Oline. so there is no science to compare players outside of measurable's which this guy stacks up just fine. do you remember willie parker ? the guy who didnt even start in college and went undrafted. i bet he had a better career than a lot of the backs that were drafted. speaking of parker who was undrafted in 2004 , there was a guy drafted in the 5th round by the chargers who im sure many hated on the pick....micheal turner who was one of two running backs that year to make a pro bowl and  made the first team all pro..the other being stephen jackson taken in the first. i try not to put a lot of stock in draft "values" considering how often they get it wrong.

here is a classic example of a guy people take his word as the gospel...

Every NFL Team’s Draft Pick that Mel Kiper was HORRIBLY Wrong About


I personally loved the Claypool pick, but thought once he was picked there would not be a RB since it seemed like it would only be adding another body after Conner. I know the Notre Dame players but don't pretend to be able to assess draft players as a whole. Maybe Steelers see a diamond in the rough here...another Parker. They didn't have many picks this year so maybe they played the lottery a little on this one. Watching his highlights he seems to have some talent. We'll see.

The contact Matt Canada had with him maybe played into them drafting MacFarland. This from a Post Gazette article about the draft picks:

Quote :
McFarland played only two seasons at Maryland and rushed for 1,034 yards and averaged 7.9 yards per carry as a redshirt freshman in 2018. But he gained a lot of attention that season when he rushed for 298 yards on 21 carries against Ohio State, a game in which he had runs of 52, 75 and 81 yards.

“The Ohio State game did a lot for my confidence, let me know I could still compete with the best,” McFarland said. “Not only that I can play football, but I can go toe-to-toe with the best.”

The Steelers coaches have familiarity with McFarland. Their new quarterback coach, Matt Canada, was Maryland’s offensive coordinator in 2018. Also, Mike Tomlin’s oldest son, Dino, played with the Terrapins last season.

“He’s kind of like a father figure to me,” McFarland said of Canada. “That means a lot to me. Every time I see Matt Canada I pick his brain. He’s going to let me know right from wrong.”


Injuries have bothered McFarland since high school. He missed his senior season at DeMatha Catholic and had to be redshirted his freshman season at Maryland because of a broken leg. He played only two seasons with the Terrapins, averaging 6.7 yards per carry in addition to catching 24 passes for 199 yards and one touchdown.

In addition to his injuries, McFarland said he had to deal with the sudden death of offensive lineman Jordan McNair, who came with him in the same recruiting class to Maryland. McNair died of football-related heat stroke in June 2018.

“It was a lot of ups and downs for me, having to redshirt, losing our teammate Jordan,” McFarland said. “I’ve been through a lot of adversity at Maryland, but I had a lot of success. Sometimes you’re going to fall, but sometimes it how you respond to it in life.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2020/04/25/steelers-draft-picks-2020-round-4-7-nfl-live-updates-anthony-mcfarland/stories/202004250044

_________________
Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 $_35
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1191
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 11:57 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
None of the professionals - scouts, GM's, head coaches - value anything Kiper says.

He's never been any of the above and is truly a hack at evaluating talent.

Still gotta give him credit for turning his draft book into a career.  Pretty amazing from a marketing perspective.

my point exactly...the people involved in the draft process  dont BUT SOME FANS DO. so if kiper isn't on a players nuts, then they think he must be a lesser player. you hear these so called draft experts saying they "heard" this and that from scouts or coaches about this player and that. if i know of of sweet fishing hole and a honey spot to pick mushrooms, and someone ask me if i know of good places, i will steer them in the opposite direction. Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1191
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 12:10 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:


I personally loved the Claypool pick, but thought once he was picked there would not be a RB since it seemed like it would only be adding another body after Conner. I know the Notre Dame players but don't pretend to be able to assess draft players as a whole. Maybe Steelers see a diamond in the rough here...another Parker. They didn't have many picks this year so maybe they played the lottery a little on this one. Watching his highlights he seems to have some talent. We'll see.

The contact Matt Canada had with him maybe played into them drafting MacFarland. This from a Post Gazette article about the draft picks:

Quote :
McFarland played only two seasons at Maryland and rushed for 1,034 yards and averaged 7.9 yards per carry as a redshirt freshman in 2018. But he gained a lot of attention that season when he rushed for 298 yards on 21 carries against Ohio State, a game in which he had runs of 52, 75 and 81 yards.

“The Ohio State game did a lot for my confidence, let me know I could still compete with the best,” McFarland said. “Not only that I can play football, but I can go toe-to-toe with the best.”

The Steelers coaches have familiarity with McFarland. Their new quarterback coach, Matt Canada, was Maryland’s offensive coordinator in 2018. Also, Mike Tomlin’s oldest son, Dino, played with the Terrapins last season.

“He’s kind of like a father figure to me,” McFarland said of Canada. “That means a lot to me. Every time I see Matt Canada I pick his brain. He’s going to let me know right from wrong.”


Injuries have bothered McFarland since high school. He missed his senior season at DeMatha Catholic and had to be redshirted his freshman season at Maryland because of a broken leg. He played only two seasons with the Terrapins, averaging 6.7 yards per carry in addition to catching 24 passes for 199 yards and one touchdown.

In addition to his injuries, McFarland said he had to deal with the sudden death of offensive lineman Jordan McNair, who came with him in the same recruiting class to Maryland. McNair died of football-related heat stroke in June 2018.

“It was a lot of ups and downs for me, having to redshirt, losing our teammate Jordan,” McFarland said. “I’ve been through a lot of adversity at Maryland, but I had a lot of success. Sometimes you’re going to fall, but sometimes it how you respond to it in life.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2020/04/25/steelers-draft-picks-2020-round-4-7-nfl-live-updates-anthony-mcfarland/stories/202004250044

but who's to say connor and the rest won't be backups to McFarland ? connor wasn't exactly a first round pick. i think they picked him as a change of pace back. someone that brings something different to the table. someone who can beat defenders to the outside and make people miss...we never had one of those on the roster.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 1125
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 12:22 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:


I personally loved the Claypool pick, but thought once he was picked there would not be a RB since it seemed like it would only be adding another body after Conner. I know the Notre Dame players but don't pretend to be able to assess draft players as a whole. Maybe Steelers see a diamond in the rough here...another Parker. They didn't have many picks this year so maybe they played the lottery a little on this one. Watching his highlights he seems to have some talent. We'll see.

The contact Matt Canada had with him maybe played into them drafting MacFarland. This from a Post Gazette article about the draft picks:

Quote :
McFarland played only two seasons at Maryland and rushed for 1,034 yards and averaged 7.9 yards per carry as a redshirt freshman in 2018. But he gained a lot of attention that season when he rushed for 298 yards on 21 carries against Ohio State, a game in which he had runs of 52, 75 and 81 yards.

“The Ohio State game did a lot for my confidence, let me know I could still compete with the best,” McFarland said. “Not only that I can play football, but I can go toe-to-toe with the best.”

The Steelers coaches have familiarity with McFarland. Their new quarterback coach, Matt Canada, was Maryland’s offensive coordinator in 2018. Also, Mike Tomlin’s oldest son, Dino, played with the Terrapins last season.

“He’s kind of like a father figure to me,” McFarland said of Canada. “That means a lot to me. Every time I see Matt Canada I pick his brain. He’s going to let me know right from wrong.”


Injuries have bothered McFarland since high school. He missed his senior season at DeMatha Catholic and had to be redshirted his freshman season at Maryland because of a broken leg. He played only two seasons with the Terrapins, averaging 6.7 yards per carry in addition to catching 24 passes for 199 yards and one touchdown.

In addition to his injuries, McFarland said he had to deal with the sudden death of offensive lineman Jordan McNair, who came with him in the same recruiting class to Maryland. McNair died of football-related heat stroke in June 2018.

“It was a lot of ups and downs for me, having to redshirt, losing our teammate Jordan,” McFarland said. “I’ve been through a lot of adversity at Maryland, but I had a lot of success. Sometimes you’re going to fall, but sometimes it how you respond to it in life.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2020/04/25/steelers-draft-picks-2020-round-4-7-nfl-live-updates-anthony-mcfarland/stories/202004250044

but who's to say connor and the rest won't be backups to McFarland ? connor wasn't exactly a first round pick. i think they picked him as a change of pace back. someone that brings something different to the table. someone who can beat defenders to the outside and make people miss...we never had one of those on the roster.

I'm more in agreement than disagreement with you. I was just saying that after Claypool I didn't think there would be a RB. We could make a long list of NFL RB picks that were 4th and later, or undrafted. This guy seems to have a ton of talent and Canada maybe gives them an inside track considering MacFarland's respect for him.

_________________
Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 $_35
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 667
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 2:18 am

Its a wait and see as always. I'm fine with the picks, the Steelers FO knows a heck of a lot more about it than I do. I still remember how much heat they took for picking Bell over Lacy. Well despite how it ended, we can certainly say they made the right decision there.

The draft IS always a crapshoot of sorts, for everyone. So many "sure-hits" that miss. This year probably as much as or more than others, due to the lack of contact.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 6:57 am

Of course pick#1 can be a bust and #200 can be an all-pro, but chances are bigger it's the other way around. And if we can't criticise the picks because we don't know how they will do it in the future then there's no need to discuss our draft picks at all. And yes, I hope McFarland and all our other picks will be future starters and yes, our FO knows a lot more than any of us do. But, our FO is one of the worst when it comes to selecting picks in the 4th round and later since 2014 so I don't trust them at all with their judging process on mid to late round prospects.

Since 2010 we have drafted these players who have made a (big) contribution to our team:
AB (2010, round 6): awesome pick, multiple all-pro and pro-bowler
Kelvin Beachum (2012, round 7): starter for 3 years, until he left in FA
VW (2013, round 6): Longtime starter
McCullers (2014, round 6): Meh
Jesse James (2015, round 5): Ok pick, mainly back-up
Anthony Chickillo (2015, round 6): Meh
Tyler Matakevich (2016, round 7): Good special teamer
Jaylen Samuels (2018, round 5): Ok back-up, possibly cut after the preseason with the addition of McFarland
Benny Snell (2019, round 4): The future will tell, but back-up at best
Isaiah Buggs (2019, round 6): The future will tell
Ulysees Gilbert (2019, round 6): The future will tell

Our day 3 draft evaluation since 2014 is horrendous, that's the only way to describe it with Jesse James probably the best player drafted in that period. That says everything you should know.
And 4th round picks, Benny Snell is our best one the past decade. Holy shit! Seeing that I'm willing to bet on myself that McFarland and Dotson won't be world beaters either. And the McFarland pick I could understand if we needed depth at RB, but we didn't. We needed depth at other positions way more (LB, OL, DT, S).


Last edited by Stella Nation on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 3071
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 7:52 am

Here is why we didn't go OL.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1191
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 10:14 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
Of course pick#1 can be a bust and #200 can be an all-pro, but chances are bigger it's the other way around. And if we can't criticise the picks because we don't know how they will do it in the future then there's no need to discuss our draft picks at all. And yes, I hope McFarland and all our other picks will be future starters and yes, our FO knows a lot more than any of us do. But, our FO is one of the worst when it comes to selecting picks in the 4th round and later since 2014 so I don't trust them at all with their judging process on mid to late round prospects.

Since 2010 we have drafted these players who have made a (big) contribution to our team:
AB (2010, round 6): awesome pick, multiple all-pro and pro-bowler
Kelvin Beachum (2012, round 7): starter for 3 years, until he left in FA
VW (2013, round 6): Longtime starter
McCullers (2014, round 6): Meh
Jesse James (2015, round 5): Ok pick, mainly back-up
Anthony Chickillo (2015, round 6): Meh
Tyler Matakevich (2016, round 7): Good special teamer
Jaylen Samuels (2018, round 5): Ok back-up, possibly cut after the preseason with the addition of McFarland
Benny Snell (2019, round 4): The future will tell, but back-up at best
Isaiah Buggs (2019, round 6): The future will tell
Ulysees Gilbert (2019, round 6): The future will tell

Our day 3 draft evaluation since 2014 is horrendous, that's the only way to describe it with Jesse James probably the best player drafted in that period. That says everything you should know.
And 4th round picks, Benny Snell is our best one the past decade. Holy shit! Seeing that I'm willing to bet on myself that McFarland and Dotson won't be world beaters either. And the McFarland pick I could understand if we needed depth at RB, but we didn't. We needed depth at other positions way more (LB, OL, DT, S).

i would be curious to see the hit / miss ratio for the other 31 teams for day 3 picks.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 667
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 11:48 pm

Well, you don't consistently miss more than the rest of the league, and have a winning season every year for decades. That or you have one hell of a coach.

My opinion, Colbert is one of the best in the business. His personnel moves have helped keep the Steelers competitive and "in the hunt" for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 5:31 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Of course pick#1 can be a bust and #200 can be an all-pro, but chances are bigger it's the other way around. And if we can't criticise the picks because we don't know how they will do it in the future then there's no need to discuss our draft picks at all. And yes, I hope McFarland and all our other picks will be future starters and yes, our FO knows a lot more than any of us do. But, our FO is one of the worst when it comes to selecting picks in the 4th round and later since 2014 so I don't trust them at all with their judging process on mid to late round prospects.

Since 2010 we have drafted these players who have made a (big) contribution to our team:
AB (2010, round 6): awesome pick, multiple all-pro and pro-bowler
Kelvin Beachum (2012, round 7): starter for 3 years, until he left in FA
VW (2013, round 6): Longtime starter
McCullers (2014, round 6): Meh
Jesse James (2015, round 5): Ok pick, mainly back-up
Anthony Chickillo (2015, round 6): Meh
Tyler Matakevich (2016, round 7): Good special teamer
Jaylen Samuels (2018, round 5): Ok back-up, possibly cut after the preseason with the addition of McFarland
Benny Snell (2019, round 4): The future will tell, but back-up at best
Isaiah Buggs (2019, round 6): The future will tell
Ulysees Gilbert (2019, round 6): The future will tell

Our day 3 draft evaluation since 2014 is horrendous, that's the only way to describe it with Jesse James probably the best player drafted in that period. That says everything you should know.
And 4th round picks, Benny Snell is our best one the past decade. Holy shit! Seeing that I'm willing to bet on myself that McFarland and Dotson won't be world beaters either. And the McFarland pick I could understand if we needed depth at RB, but we didn't. We needed depth at other positions way more (LB, OL, DT, S).

i would be curious to see the hit / miss ratio for the other 31 teams for day 3 picks.

If I have some time I will do a reasearch. Couldn't be worse than us. Not a single starter drafted on day 3 the last 7 years... Seems statistically impossible, yet they did it.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 5:35 am

@Great Randino wrote:
Well, you don't consistently miss more than the rest of the league, and have a winning season every year for decades.  That or you have one hell of a coach.

My opinion, Colbert is one of the best in the business.  His personnel moves have helped keep the Steelers competitive and "in the hunt" for a long time.

I think Tomlin and Colbert do a fine job overall, but they seriously should reconsider their drafting process on day 3. No starters in 7 years and practically no depth players for a longer period. McCullers is the only player left from the draft from 2014-2017 Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 9:29 am

Ok, here we go with the other teams on day 3 since 2014 (past 6 seasons, not 7 like I mentioned earlier):

Arizona Cardinals: 1 starter (Rodney Gunter)
Atlanta Falcons: 5 starters (Devonta Freeman - 2 pro bowls, Ricardo Allen, Grady Jarrett - 1 pro bowl, De'Vondre Campbell, Kendall Sheffield)
Baltimore Ravens: 5 starters (Za'Darius Smith - 1 pro bowl, Nick Boyle, Matt Judon - 1 pro bowl, Chuck Clark, Bradley Bozeman)
Buffalo Bills: 1 starter (Matt Milano)
Carolina Panthers: 2 starters (Tre Boston, Daryl Williams)
Chicago Bears: 7 starters (Pat O'Donnell, Charles Leno - 1 pro bowl, Adrian Amos, Jordan Howard - 1 pro bowl, Eddie Jackson - 1 first-team all-pro + 2 pro bowls, Tarik Cohen - 1 first-team all-pro + 1 pro bowl, Bilal Nichols)
Cincinnati Bengals: 4 starters (Russell Bodine, C.J. Uzomah, Andrew Billings, Auden Tate)
Cleveland Browns: 3 starters (Joe Schobert - 1 pro bowl, Mack Wilson, Austin Seibert)
Dallas Cowboys: 5 starters (Anthony Hitchens, Damien Wilson, Dak Prescott - 2 pro bowls, Anthony Brown, Xavier Woods)
Denver Broncos: 2 starters (Matt Paradis, Connor McGovern)
Detroit Lions: 2 starters (Nevin Lawson, Quandre Diggs)

I will do the rest when I have more time.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 1:24 pm

Part 2:

Green Bay Packers: 6 starters (Corey Linsley, Blake Martinez, Dean Lowry, Aaron Jones, JK Scott, Hunter Bradley)
Houston Texans: 2 starters (Andre Hal, D.J. Reader)
Indianapolis Colts: 3 starters (Clayton Geathers, Marlon Mack, Anthony Walker)
Jacksonville Jaguars: 3 starters (Telvin Smith - 1 pro bowl, Dede Westbrook, Logan Cooke)
Kansas City Chiefs: 3 starters (Zach Fulton, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Tyreek Hill - 2 first-team all-pro + 4 pro bowls)
Las Vegas Raiders: 3 starters (Justin Ellis, T.J Carrie, Maxx Crosby)
Los Angeles Chargers: 2 starters (Rayshawn Jenkins, Sam Tevi)
Los Angeles Rams: 2 starters (Tyler Higbee, David Edwards)
Miami Dolphins: 3 starters (Jay Ajayi - 1 pro bowl, Davon Godchaux, Jason Sanders)
Minnesota Vikings: 2 starters (Shamar Stephen, Stefon Diggs)

I'll try to post the last part later in the day.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 3:34 pm

Part 3:

New England Patriots*: 4 starters (Trey Flowers, Shaq Mason, Joe Cardona, Jake Bailey)
New Orleans Saints: 2 starters (Tyeler Davison, David Onyemata)
New York Giants: 1 starter (Devon Kennard)
New York Jets: 2 starters (Brandon Shell, Lac Edwards)
Philadelphia Eagles: 1 starter (Jalen Mills)
San Francisco 49ers: 3 starters (Trent Brown - 1 pro bowl, George Kittle - 1 first-team all-pro + 2 pro bowls, Mitch Wishnowsky)
Seattle Seahawks: 4 starters (Quinton Jefferson, Chris Carson, Tre Flowers, Michael Dickson - 1 first-team all-pro + 1 pro bowl)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 4 starters (Kevin Pamphile, Kwon Alexander - 1 pro bowl, Jordan Whitehead, Matt Gay)
Tennessee Titans: 3 starters (DaQuan Jones, Avery Williamson, Jayon Brown)
Washington Redskins: 6 starters (Bashaud Breeland, Matt ioannidis, Montae Nicholson, Jeremy Sprinkle, Chase Roullier, Cole Holcomb)
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 3:54 pm

Summary:

7 starters:
Chicago Bears with 2 first-team all-pros and 4 pro bowlers Shocked

6 starters:
Green Bay Packers
Washington Redskins

5 starters:
Atlanta Falcons with 2 pro bowlers
Baltimore Ravens with 2 pro bowlers
Dallas Cowboys with 1 pro bowler

4 starters:
Cincinnati Bengals
New England Patriots*
Seattle Seahawks with 1 first-team all-pro and 1 pro bowler
Tampa Bay Buccaneers with 1 pro bowler

3 starters:

Cleveland Browns with 1 pro bowler
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars with 1 pro bowler
Kansas City Chiefs with 1 first-team all-pro and 1 pro bowler
Las Vegas Raiders
Miami Dolphins with 1 pro bowler
San Francisco 49ers with 1 first-team all-pro and 2 pro bowlers
Tennessee Titans

2 starters:
Carolina Panthers
Denver Broncos
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Los Angeles Chargers
Los Angeles Rams
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets

1 starter:
Arizona Cardinals
Buffalo Bills
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles

0 starters:
Pittsburgh Steelers

Total: 96 starters, that's an average of 3.1 per team Steelers not included, 5 first-team all-pro's and 17 pro bowlers.

This makes me sad and furious at the same time. An organisation like the Steelers unworthy.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1191
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 5:33 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Well, you don't consistently miss more than the rest of the league, and have a winning season every year for decades.  That or you have one hell of a coach.

My opinion, Colbert is one of the best in the business.  His personnel moves have helped keep the Steelers competitive and "in the hunt" for a long time.
ok got some stats for you. in my lock down boredom i went thru all the colbert drafts since he became GM in 2000. i believe i have identified all the players who made some kind of notable contribution of varying degrees.

colbert has made 91 picks in the 4th to 7th round.

21 of those 91 have stuck to some degree
year-number of picks
2000-6 picks- clark haggens
2001-4
2002-5- larry foote...brett keisel
2003-2
2004-5-
2005-5
2006-6 - willie colon
tomlin era
2007-5 - dan sepulvada...william gay
2008-4 - ryan mundy
2009-6 - keenan lewis...david johnson
2010-6 -antonio brown
2011-4
2012-6 - kelvin beachum
2013-6 - landry jones ...vince williams
2014-6 - martavis bryant...dan McCullers
2015-5 - jessie james...LT walton...anthony chikillo
2016-4 - matakevitch
2017-4 - dobbs...samuels

for me guys like david jonson, dan McCullers and anthony chickillio should not even make this list because they wouldn't even have been on an NFL roster as long as they were without the steelers. dan McCullers has 21 tackles in 6 years ... Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 1505004552 the only explanation i can come up with is he has blackmail material on tomlin and rooney.

so that leaves 18

should a punter , and not really a good punter count ? 17

out of that 17, 6 were backups..so 11

out of those 11 , how many really special players do you see that other teams wish they would have had ? or made a probowl or could have or should have ?
antonio brown ,brett keisel for sure...these guys are on the bubble ,martavis bryant, keenan lewis,kelvin beachum,willie gay (these are my opinions, some of you may put guys like foote and haggans on the list. i personally thought they were just average )

so for me really only 2 GREAT PICKS and 4 other pretty good picks  for a total of 6 out of 91....is colbert really a genius so many think he is ?

i didn't include the last 2 drafts because the jury is still out on them.

here is a link to steelers draft history  if you want to research my findings. i may have missed a player i have forgotten about.
http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/steelers.html


Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 667
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 6:02 pm

Nope, I don't have that kind of time. Glad you guys do.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1191
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 6:14 pm

now lets look at tomlin and colberts shitty 1-3 picks. again these are just my opinions of guys i thought were a waste of a draft pick even if they were contributors. sanders didnt do much for the steelers but he has proven to be a solid player. i think edmunds will be on the "black " list along with davis in 2 years. they played, but were average at best. so in my opinion they are hitting on less than 50% on the first 3 rounds and less than 10% on the rest.

2007 - timmons, woodley ,spaeth
2008 - mendenhall, sweed, davis
2009 - hood,urbik,wallace
2010 -pouncy,worilds,sanders
2011- heyward,gilbert,brown
2012 - decastro,adams,spence
2013 - jones,bell,wheaton
2014 - shazier ,tuitt, archer
2015 - dupree golson, coates
2016 - burns, davis ,hargrave
2017 - watt, JUjU , sutton
2018 - edmunds , washington , rudolf


Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 1191
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 6:27 pm

@Great Randino wrote:
Nope, I don't have that kind of time.  Glad you guys do.
but do you agree with my findings...discuss Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 184121345
Back to top Go down
Great Randino



Posts : 667
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 8:28 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Great Randino wrote:
Nope, I don't have that kind of time.  Glad you guys do.
but do you agree with my findings...discuss Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 184121345
How can you consider Dri Archer a miss? Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 1797695198 Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 1797695198
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 3071
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 9:41 pm

Mel Kiper Jr. is not impressed with our draft.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/4/27/21238342/nfl-draft-grades-mel-kiper-jr-gives-the-steelers-the-worst-grade-in-division-ravens-browns-bengals
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 3071
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 10:58 pm

Walter Football also doesn't like our draft.

https://www.reddit.com/r/steelers/comments/g93aia/steelers_draft_grade_from_walterfootball_b/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Posts : 4118
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 3:57 am

@jak341 wrote:
Mel Kiper Jr. is not impressed with our draft.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/4/27/21238342/nfl-draft-grades-mel-kiper-jr-gives-the-steelers-the-worst-grade-in-division-ravens-browns-bengals

Mel Kiper is the last dude I'd ever listen to regarding the draft. Dude compared Jamarcus Russell to John Elway leading up that draft. He's just a talking head, and he's almost always wrong. Given, the draft is a very inexact science but when they portray him as some kind of expert... He's like the Skip Bayless of the draft.

_________________
Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 PaKS9WC
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content




Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Mock Drafts 2020   Steelers Mock Drafts 2020 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Steelers Mock Drafts 2020
Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: