Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeA 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020 Empty
PostSubject: A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020   A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 4:59 pm

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/2/18/21140012/a-4-step-plan-to-improve-the-pittsburgh-steelers-offense-in-2020-randy-fichtner-ben-roethlisberger

I’ve been writing for the past several weeks on some things the Steelers should consider when assessing their needs on offense this offseason. This article pulls all of those ideas together into a four-step plan I believe provides the best chance to build an offense that will allow them to compete for a championship in 2020.

told the wife that l was going to the bar for a couple of beers, she said ok be back in a couple hours, l said ok see you later. l called her an hour later, babe someone at the bar coughed and because of Covid-19 we are quarantined for the next 14 days.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020   A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 5:55 am

@effyou515 wrote:
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/2/18/21140012/a-4-step-plan-to-improve-the-pittsburgh-steelers-offense-in-2020-randy-fichtner-ben-roethlisberger

I’ve been writing for the past several weeks on some things the Steelers should consider when assessing their needs on offense this offseason. This article pulls all of those ideas together into a four-step plan I believe provides the best chance to build an offense that will allow them to compete for a championship in 2020.

As far as TEs go I wouldn't sleep on Gentry, I want to see how the kid has progressed come training camp. Ben also had a chemistry going with McDonald in the past that didn't seem to be present with either Rudolph, or Hodges so I don't know that I'm quite ready to press the panic button on the TE position just yet. Plus with the cap situation being what it is, it's going to be an interesting offseason. I don't know that we'll be making a whole lot of free agency moves. I think it's going to be more about trying to retain some key pieces like Hargrave, and Dupree. To even do that it's going to take some cuts, and restructuring of contracts. We don't have a lot of draft capital to work with this season either.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020   A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 12:06 pm

We're in bad shape cap wise. I don't trust McDonald to stay healthy but I agree Gentry may be a pretty good TE with another camp under his belt. I don't see us making a single move to bring any FAs in. We just don't have the money. It's going to take pure magic to sign Hargrave and Dupree. Honestly I think it'll be one or the other but not both.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020   A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 3:31 pm

I'm leaning towards neither at this point.

The 4 step plan above is a solid plan. Here is what I am thinking. Our needs are: OLB, DT, possibly TE, and RG. Our wants are: LT, #2WR, and RB. Pick one mid tier FA upgrade and assume 1 draft day 1 starter. What gets upgraded?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020   A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020 Empty

Back to top Go down

A 4-Step plan to improve the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense in 2020
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: