HomeDolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade Empty
PostSubject: Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade   Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 6:23 am

According to this article the Dolphins are regretting the Fitzpatrick trade. I can understand why Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade 1797695198

https://www.walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Dolphins-Regret-Minkah-Fitzpatrick-Trade,-but-not-Laremy-Tunsil
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade   Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 7:01 am

I'm sure as the season went on they started kicking themselves for such a stupid move. This move was great for us but I feel like we haven't seen the full impact. A lot of what Fitz means hinges on our ability to sign Dupree. Without the bookends our competition will double TJ and expose our secondary to a full assault in the passing game.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade   Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 9:52 am

I'm probably in the far minority here. I didn't like the trade then, and I still don't like it now. Fitz the player is fantastic. However, we're severely kneecapped when it comes to fixing our biggest needs.

I don't like giving up 1st rounders unless we have a team that is a SB contender. We weren't even before Ben was injured.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade   Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 5:38 pm

@jak341 wrote:
I'm probably in the far minority here. I didn't like the trade then, and I still don't like it now. Fitz the player is fantastic. However, we're severely kneecapped when it comes to fixing our biggest needs.

I don't like giving up 1st rounders unless we have a team that is a SB contender. We weren't even before Ben was injured.

but hasnt cornerback been a "biggest need" need for a very long time ? Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade 2829330259

the steelers have been absolutely terrible at drafting defensive backs and cornerbacks especially ...so far at least, Fitz has lived up to his cost. at least they wont be blowing multiple more picks looking for their own Fitz pick. actually wait...how old is joe haden again ? Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade 2829330259  ..let the cycle of horrible picks begin again !! Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade 1797695198

and what exactly is the biggest need now ? QB? left tackle ? left guard ? center ? Tight End ?  Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade 2087824411
actually i think we will have to wait another season to identify the biggest need because there are more than one  serious holes that need filled based on last season. there are so many questions with no answers until the season begins...such as will ben, pouncy, villanueva, return to their level of play ? can McDonald deal be worked out ? can connor be counted on to stay healthy ? does dupree come back ? are any of the backups starter material ?

one might say the lack of offensive depth may be blamed on all the wasted draft picks looking for a guy like Fitz the last several years  .... Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade 3135543967

just to name a few, if anyone of these guys was worth a shit then maybe one of our many holes we have now is plugged with their wasted pick. (yes i added some safeties )
justin layne
cameron sutton
artie burns
senques golson
shamarko thomas
doran grant
sean davis
marcus allen
shaquille richardson

the sad part is tomlin was a secondary coach, but yet couldnt identify  real secondary talent  Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade 1505004552
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade   Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Fitz closed the middle of the field almost immediately. Teams were carving us to pieces over the middle of the field and he came in a d basically stopped teams from throwing across the middle. If that isnt worth what we paid I dont know what is.

Puppett is right Tomlin and Colbert spent a ton of picks looking for the right secondary people and struck out way way too often. At least with Fitz we know what we have and we have him for 3 more years.

Nelson was a fucking steal. Haden had a solid year. Now if Edmunds can step up and start getting some picks and contribute we will be gtg.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade   Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 6:24 pm

I questioned the pick at first - but not any more. Puppett laid it out there pretty clearly. A lot of #1 and #2 picks trying to get a pick like him.

We have to keep our D intact - and hope our O improves and hangs onto the ball. That means keeping Dupree in the fold, for one.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade   Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 8:14 pm

Well Fitzpatrick came down the line well. Defeating the Patriots* in the season finale. Fins need to get a QB as mobile QB's seem to be the in thing!

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade   Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade Empty

Back to top Go down

Dolphins regret Fitzpatrick trade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: